Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,988 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning (1754 Views)

15 Vehicles Logos And Their Meaning(pics) / Your Top 5 Most Annoying Experiences With Other Road Users / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by oineoma(m): 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
Guys, some help here, whats the meaning of light drivers flash each other, from SINGLE FLASH, TWICE, AND FLASHING AND HOLDING IT..
Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by purplesummer(f): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Single flash = Hey, watch it
Double flashes = my friend, watch your driving!
Continuous flash = hold on or dare me at your own risk
grin

5 Likes

Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by oineoma(m): 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lolz... funny, most drivers think when u flash twice it means u re giving them way, is there a source to clear this? Guys, make una put mouth na
Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by Eyop: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
oineoma: Lolz... funny, most drivers think when u flash twice it means u re giving them way, is there a source to clear this? Guys, make una put mouth na

To me, When you slow down and Flash twice also mean you are giving them way but if you flash and hold,it means the on coming vehicle should hold on for you.

1 Like

Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by Eyop: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
purplesummer: Single flash = Hey, watch it
grin

cheesy grin from which school?
Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by maxjax(m): 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
oineoma: Guys, some help here, whats the meaning of light drivers flash each other, from SINGLE FLASH, TWICE, AND FLASHING AND HOLDING IT..

when a vehicle is tryin to make a U-turn and flashes light to you....if you flash back several times n slow down that means you're tellin the vehicle to quickly make his U-turn and get out.....
but if you flash and hold yo light ON, that means you aint stoppin for nobody.

But if a frend sees u comin the oppossite direction or even behind you HE/SHE might flash you several times...tryin to get yo attention

But if its not a frend, several flashes behind you means GET OUT THE WAY...if its flash and hold means you should SPEED UP

hope this helps anyway

1 Like

Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by purplesummer(f): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Eyop:

cheesy grin from which school?
PDI
(Personal Driving Institute) tongue
Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by Eyop: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
purplesummer:
PDI
(Personal Driving Institute) tongue
Ok oooooh
Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
I think when you flash once - watch it
If you flash twice and you are standstill, if the other driver has some sense he should have been (standstill/slow down) too, so when your second flash comes, you telling him to pass 1st.
After passing, you blow horn meaning 'Thanks'....

Sometimes I flash, when I see a friend, as a greeting. I will keep flashing from a distance to get the persons' attention b4 we are @ close range.

When the car is behind you (flashing), it means gerrout of ma way- make I speed dey go...

Flash and hold - I'm not stopping, so don't try to say you aint seeing me and my light...lol
Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by Eyop: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I think when you flash once - watch it
If you flash twice and you are standstill, if the other driver has some sense he should have been (standstill/slow down) too, so when your second flash comes, you telling him to pass 1st.
After passing, you blow horn meaning 'Thanks'....

Sometimes I flash, when I see a friend, as a greeting. I will keep flashing from a distance to get the persons' attention b4 we are @ close range.

When the car is behind you (flashing), it means gerrout of ma way- make I speed dey go...

Woman your analysis is almost 100% to me except for the bolded in RED. To me if you flash twice and you are in standstill,it means you've given the vehicle opposite you clearance to pass but if you flash once without releasing,it means the opposite vehicle should hold on for you to pass.

1 Like

Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Eyop:

Woman your analysis is almost 100% to me except for the bolded in RED. To me if you flash twice and you are in standstill,it means you've given the vehicle opposite you clearance to pass but if you flash once without releasing,it means the opposite vehicle should hold on for you to pass.
Yea, thanks Sir. I wanted to say if you flash once and standstill/slow down, then by d time u give d second flash...it means d opposite vehicle should pass.

2 Likes

Re: Flashing Lights To Road Users. The Meaning by bimbor(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
purplesummer: Single flash = Hey, watch it
grin

Lol......daredevil driving grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Engineering Wonders OF The Modern World. (ain't All About Cars) / Guy Crushes Audi All Road And Kia Spectra With A Landrover Defender / FRSC Offences And Fines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.