Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D (22481 Views)

MDX TECH / Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / Help , Accura Mdx 2008 Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D (shift) Lever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by luvtoyota(m): 1:40am On Jul 02, 2012
Recently acquired a 2008 ACURA MDX THROUGH INSPIRED AUTOS , on nairaland . Car is like brand new . Mileage 33K . Car recently started showing check transmission on the dashboard display screen . With flashing D drive lever light , took it to a technician who used a computer and said no problem . He erased the message . After driving for about 20 minutes the lights came back on . Took it to the electrician who said he will service the drive switch . Light went off after service . Next day I start the car , drove for about 30 minutes , check transmission light and flashing D light show again . I was adviced to disconnect battery for 20 min and reconnect . Light disappeared . Now it's showing again on my way back from church this afternoon .

What should I do please . Any experts on NL ? HAS ANY ONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE ?

I NEED YOUR HELP PLS
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by nissparts(m): 9:03am On Jul 02, 2012
The blinking D on an Acura means there is a transmission code stored in your computer and there is an issue with the transmission.
The mechanic you are using will not see the code if he is using a regular scanner.
You need an advanced scanner like the Launch X431 to point you in the right direction.
Are you in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by nissparts(m): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2012
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820456

Some more info for you on what steps you may need to take.
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by mishooo(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2012
.... Nice Thread you referred to!!
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by FlyboyZee: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
I got my 2002 Acura 3.2 TL Type S about 4 months ago.
After using the car for about 2 months, The Check Engine light came on and remained there. While this was happening, the car was jerking softly in such a way that even mechanics didn't notice it. I took the car to a guy from Honda Place in Port Harcourt about three weeks ago and the car was scanned, the manifold was opened and soot deposits under the cover was removed and the Check Engine sign was wiped off, hereafter, the car picked up top performance. But, on my way back to Bayelsa, just like 50kms away from Port Harcourt, the Check Engine indicator appeared again and the car's performance also dropped.

I have been driving it like that ever since then, but I ain't that cool with the performance of the car any longer.

Sorry to barge in on your thread bro, because I ought to have started my own thread.
Well, I was like WTF, since you are discussing Acura, why not just comb it in. LOL. Please, is there anyone that can help me out? Thanks in advance to all our great car enthusiasts.

1 Like

Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by nissparts(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
@Flyboy, without at least the code(s) which were found when the car was scanned, you could get a million opinions on what may be responsible for an issue which you have merely described as a "drop in performance"
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by FlyboyZee: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
Yeah! @Nissparts, I got your drift.

I actually left the car for lunch and before I got back they had already done the scanning and loosen the manifold to show me the soot (carbon) that has collected under cover. That was actually an oversight from me, maybe it was because of the stress I went through in the night all through to that time when my wife put to bed that morning or maybe the distance I had to drive all the way to Port Harcourt. But, for not demanding the codes, I agree I was actually careless. Maybe I should do another scan of the vehicle to get the codes and display them here. Thanks all the same, Man! I do appreciate.
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by nissparts(m): 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
No problem bro.
The more information we have the easier it is to help
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by sultaan(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
Whatever is the problem with your Acura is what caused soot to build up under manifold, go do a scan and search for what the code means online.

You probably have a blocked EGR valve
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by luvtoyota(m): 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
I HAVE DRAINED THE TRANSMISSION FLUID , REPLACED IT WITH GENUINE HONDA ATF ZI TRANSMISSION FLIUID ABOUT 5LITRES , THE CHECK TRANSMISSON LIGHT IS STILL ON . THE D LEVER KEEPS FLASHING , BUH THE CAR IS MOVING WELL THOUGH , WHAT DO I DO ? I LOVE THE ACURA .
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by Fhemmmy: 12:26am On Jul 03, 2012
sultaan: Whatever is the problem with your Acura is what caused soot to build up under manifold, go do a scan and search for what the code means online.

You probably have a blocked EGR valve

That is very True,

Is your manual transmission mode still operational?

Flashing D light could mean that there is a malfunction with the Transmission.
Flashing D is tranny issue or maybe engine issue. It goes into limp mode and only allows automatic operation with certain gears, i have heard of such problem before, but the dude had a 2007 MDX not a 2008
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by cretin: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
am suprised that the car drives well with the flashing d light.the flashing d usually implies that the car has entered limp mode...thus it wudnt exceed abt 30/40 mph...just enough to get u to the nearest repair center without damaging the car much.its always advised to discontinue driving a car with flashing 'd' light or flashing check engoine light.

like the previous posters said..u need an advanced obd II scanner to see the transmission codes...disconnecting ur battery/reseting the code wont solve ur problem as the light will come back again within 6 ignition cycles/30 mins wch ever comes first
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by mdautotec(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Scan the ECM/PCM for codes and also confirm whether the MIL (check engine lamp) is on. If so, scan all and post codes.

Good luck!
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by Fhemmmy: 5:45am On Jul 07, 2012
Any update on this ride?
Hope all is going well already . . . Please share the fixing for some other people as well
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by luvtoyota(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2012
Fhemmmy: Any update on this ride?
Hope all is going well already . . . Please share the fixing for some other people as well

Sorry for the delay in my reply , I was banned for posting the same topic 10 times , I didn't notice the several posts until my attention was drawn to the fact . I finally got an electrician who changed the transmission fluid pressure switch of the 3rd gear clutch , located under the gear box . With blue and white wires . The error message has since cleared . Find below error codes and the meanings

DTC
Detection Item
P0762
Shift solenoid valve C stuck ON
P0763
Problem in Shift Solenoid Valve C Circuit
P0768
Problem in Shift Solenoid Valve D Circuit
P0773
Problem in Shift Solenoid Valve E Circuit
P0775
Problem in Hydraulic Control System of A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve B Circuit
P0776
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B stuck OFF
P0777
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B stuck ON
P0778
Problem in A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve B Circuit
P0780
Mechanical Problem in Hydraulic Control System
P0795
Problem in Hydraulic System of A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve C Circuit
P0798
Problem in A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve C Ciruit
P0845
Problem in 3rd Clutch Pressure Switch Circuit
P0847
3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (short or stuck ON)
P0848
3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (short or stuck OFF)
P0872
4th clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (short or stuck ON)
P0873
4th clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (short or stuck OFF)
P0962
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A (short)
P0963
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A (open)
P0966
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B (short)
P0967
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B (open)
P0970
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C (short)
P0971
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C (open)
P0973
Shift solenoid valve A (short)
P0974
Shift solenoid valve A (open)
P0976
Shift solenoid valve B (short)
P0977
Shift solenoid valve B (open)
P0979
Shift solenoid valve C (short)
P0980
Shift solenoid valve C (open)
P1077
Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Valve Stuck Short
P1078
Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Valve Long Stuck
P1102
Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor Lower Than Expected
P1103
Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor Higher Than Expected
P1106
Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Range/Performance Problem
P1107
Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P1108
Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P1121
Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Signal Lower Than Expected
P1122
Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Signal Higher Than Expected
P1128
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Signal Lower Than Expected
P1129
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Signal Higher Than Expected
P1162
Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Circuit Malfunction
P1163
Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Slow Response
P1164
Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Range/Performance Problem
P1166
Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction
P1166
Heated Oxygen Sensor (Sensor 1) (Primary HO2S) Heater Circuit Malfunction
P1167
Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by luvtoyota(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=cretin]am suprised that the car drives well with the flashing d light.the flashing d usually implies that the car has entered limp mode...thus it wudnt exceed abt 30/40 mph...just enough to get u to the nearest repair center without damaging the car much.its always advised to discontinue driving a car with flashing 'd' light or flashing check engoine light.

like the previous posters said..u need an advanced obd II scanner to see the transmission codes...disconnecting ur battery/reseting the code wont solve ur problem as the light will come back again within 6 ignition cycles/30 mins wch ever comes first[/quote

[color=#990000][/color]Thanks for your imput

From my research online , the error code p0847 is an electrical malfunction , it does not interfer with the Acura's mechanical transmission , that may explain why the X never entered limp mode . However it was an agonizing experience trying to identify and get a certified dealer to correct the fault .

Several scans with OBD2 scanners returned no faulty code . The tranny faults seems to be common with the MDX , Acura/Honda have been reluctant to solve the issues .
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by mishooo(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
kindly state where you got the solution for other Acura owners
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by jodeci01: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ Luvtoyota, have you tried contacting the dealer for? He seems to know his onions as such he should be able to recommend a competent Technician to solve this for you. Besides thought his cars came with warranty. Wish i could be of more help
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2012
luvtoyota: Recently acquired a 2008 ACURA MDX THROUGH A DEALER , on nairaland . Car is like brand new . Mileage 33K . Car recently started showing check transmission on the dashboard display screen . With flashing D drive lever light , took it to a technician who used a computer and said no problem . He erased the message . After driving for about 20 minutes the lights came back on . Took it to the electrician who said he will service the drive switch . Light went off after service . Next day I start the car , drove for about 30 minutes , check transmission light and flashing D light show again . I was adviced to disconnect battery for 20 min and reconnect . Light disappeared . Now it's showing again on my way back from church this afternoon .

What should I do please . Any experts on NL ? HAS ANY ONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE ?

I NEED YOUR HELP PLS
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

there is no professionalism in what he did

he said he erased the message which is in all cases a code and that code must point to were the problem is

what you need to find is a auto electrian with OBDII scanner that can read your car it will bring out a code and that code tells you whats wrong with your transmission

1 Like

Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by inspiredm(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
jodeci01: @ Luvtoyota, have you tried contacting the dealer for? He seems to know his onions as such he should be able to recommend a competent Technician to solve this for you. Besides thought his cars came with warranty. Wish i could be of more help

We resolved the Issue already.
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by jodeci01: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2012
inspired_m:

We resolved the Issue already.
Excellent
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by inspiredm(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
jodeci01:
Excellent

Yes @ Inspired Autos, We take care of our Customers Even after Sales.

Cheers
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by Chukwumaobi1: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
I have similar problem with my Acura MDX 2004 model. When the transmission gear is engaged to either D5 or D4, it will only change 1-3 and will not transmit further. On applying further acceleration, the engine RPM will go high and vehicle speed will not increase and the D5 green light will start blinking. However, when engaged in D3 the vehicle will be moving without issues. The vehicle has been taken to a mechanic shop but it is yet to be corrected. I suspect transmission switch problem. Any advice offered will be appreciated.

Chuks
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by joetoyota: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
chuks have you scan the gear box with lunch master or diagun before?
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by mayor2013: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
Mr chuks go run a comprehensive scanning that would scan all modules on that car. If you are in lagos. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by chelseabmw(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2014
Very informative thread
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
I am here ooooo! chelseabmw thanks for ur contribution on my thread.
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by chelseabmw(m): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
pasino26: I am here ooooo! chelseabmw thanks for ur contribution on my thread.

No kola for the boiz grin

1 Like

Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by leftone: 11:03am On May 21, 2015
HELLO.
i can see this an old thread but can you recommend where you fixed your Acura for others with the same issue?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by femicousim: 12:01pm On May 21, 2015
leftone:
HELLO.
i can see this an old thread but can you recommend where you fixed your Acura for others with the same issue?
Thanks in advance.

you may reach them on 08055518883, 08108444423
Re: Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D by leftone: 12:46pm On May 21, 2015
APPRECIATE BRO
femicousim:

you may reach them on 08055518883, 08108444423

(1) (Reply)

Typoon Jebi In Japan: Heavy Winds Upturning Cars (Photos, Video) / A Thread On Car Tracking / Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.