Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Cats Of Nairaland! - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Cats Of Nairaland! (28926 Views)

Cats Cats Cats / Are Dogs Better Companions Than Cats? / Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by overboard(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2014
AKMoney1: When I was growing up, this animal was part of the most popular pets in almost every household but trust me you can rarely find them in any home now. People believe there are spiritual attachment with cats and thereby forbidding them lil by lil. But cats are nice and loving pet and not aggressive as dogs, I may keep few when I reside in western countries though cos I'm afraid of them possessing evil spirit here in naija. grin

The truth is evil people can use any animal as a medium to discharge their works. Ignorance and our film industry has made people in these parts cat haters.

I've kept cats as pets since I was like 5 and at a point in time, a fake pastor - And I call him fake cos he later 'pounded' my cousin silly... haa, scandal - said cats were this and that and my mum gave it out. so painful. Well , after all said and done, we saw into his total disregard for even the word of God he preaches... got one of the kittes of our old cat...

Anyway, my cat...

Anyone know of a Cattery in Lagos to keep cats like when traveling for a brief period? Asked around, no. show.

6 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Tex42(m): 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
yousee: Cats! The number one misunderstood animals closely followed by pigeons...

no thanks to nollywood and white garment churches(cele)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Tex42(m): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
kilokeys: i don't fall into d superstitious category. nigerians are d most superstitious..
hyprocrites.. a lion is a cat, so also are lynx, leopard, puma and many more.. why idolize one and stigmatize the other?

i fell in love with this cat while serving in taraba.. its name is actually puccie!
puccie dey chop buns o.. as there r no special treats for cats in that village.

they bury thier poop, they clean themselves. better than most people that hates them.
spot on!

u just took those words out of ma mouth

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
yousee: Cats! The number one misunderstood animals closely followed by pigeons...

tell me what you know about pigeons, I'm curious about the. I like cats, but not 100% (ve my reasons).
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by darnley16(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
My cat is a bit demoninic, can't blame him tho , I'm a Goth, love him so much his name is "the cat"

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
HezronLorraine: Onynx Godwin,you've made a great reputation of yourself on LIB and NL undecided
lol... pple calling me gay is a great reputation? lol

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by mzlizabelle(f): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
I hate cats.
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by HezronLorraine(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
mrvocalprowess: lol... pple calling me gay is a great reputation? lol
You seem to have made a name out of it on LIB,couple times I see them throw tantrums your way not cause of your comments but majorly cause of the obvious(none of my business).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Cats are extremely funny, clever, well-behaved, self-sufficient, and CLEAN. Dogs are dirty, messy, and overly needy.

Cats are the best pets.

P.S. in 2014, Nigerians are still calling cats witches? Embarrassing.

3 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya: Cats are extremely funny, clever, well-behaved, self-sufficient, and CLEAN. Dogs are dirty, messy, and overly needy.

Cats are the best pets.

Yes but only Dogs can alert me that we may need to go to Defcon1 home defense strategy at 3 in the morning. He'll actually go sit by the gun case cause he knows what's up next.

Apologies to my Cat loving friends but they are the most useless of all domesticated animals. I think even Parakeets have way more character and usefulness.

I'm now running away from Nairaland ..... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Dreyl: I hate cats!
Y

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
eme1n: My driver eats cats. Not much meat on them. Lots of wild ones here. Nasty...
is your driver from Ghana? There's a cab I boarded once in abuja and the driver (a ghanaian) said his tribe (a minority tribe) eat cats and forbid chicken. I found that strange.
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Wow, cute Cats @OP ... I love Cats 4 realcheesy. Its such a pity my pet has died... Was so sad dat period

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

Yes but only Dogs can alert me that we may need to go to Defcon1 home defense strategy at 3 in the morning. He'll actually go sit by the gun case cause he knows what's up next.

Apologies to my Cat loving friends but they are the most useless of all domesticated animals. I think even Parakeets have way more character and usefulness.

It depends on how you train the dog. I've seen a stray cat kick a dog's ass, after mauling the shit out of its owner. I've also seen some useless dogs sit around and stare at strangers without even getting up.

Cats are hilarious and playful. And they know when to leave me alone. So, sorry, lol.

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya: Cats are extremely funny, clever, well-behaved, self-sufficient, and CLEAN. Dogs are dirty, messy, and overly needy.

Cats are the best pets.

Well spoken babes... I dont like dogs too

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
AKMoney1: When I was growing up, this animal was part of the most popular pets in almost every household but trust me you can rarely find them in any home now. People believe there are spiritual attachment with cats and thereby forbidding them lil by lil. But cats are nice and loving pet and not aggressive as dogs, I may keep few when I reside in western countries though cos I'm afraid of them possessing evil spirit here in naija. grin
Lol @ ur last line
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by portable86(f): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Their eyes though!
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
HezronLorraine: You seem to have made a name out of it on LIB,couple times I see them throw tantrums your way not cause of your comments but majorly cause of the obvious(none of my business).
hahahahahahaha!!! i like ur sense of humor #nohomo..
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

lol... i don't like dogs as pet, dey demand alot,and i can't stand seeing poop in my house ! yuck!

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Calabar kittens

3 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by kenex4ever(m): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
I love cats! Ours fights with our pitbull dog everytime, brave animal.

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
kenex4ever: I love cats! Ours fights with our pitbull dog everytime, brave animal.

Cats are fearless. Check this out:

Cat Fights Off Dog And Saves Little Boy Original …:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz6j2cjQPc0

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by kenex4ever(m): 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yea

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya: Calabar kittens
omg... dey are soooooooo cute!!! i can count 5!

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
I've seen cats fight off alligators, bears, giant dogs, coyotes, snakes, and humans.

Then they are dogs. Who think it's a good idea to eat bees... -_-

1 Like

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
mrvocalprowess: lol... i don't like dogs as pet, dey demand alot,and i can't stand seeing poop in my house ! yuck!

You can always tell people that have Cats, they have a strong odor on their clothes and if they smoke too, OH GOD HAVE MERCY.

Dogs can be trained to go to a corner of your yard to do their business. Different breeds having different needs, you can find a breed that is self sustaining mostly.

But every one has to choose what best friend they want to have. For me a Dog is loyal quantity and why they call them "Mans Best Friend".

I can be inside the house working and have my kids playing outside in the yard safely. With the Dog there I know he will give his very life to protect them from harm and will alert me if they go anywhere dangerous.

But then no on swill ever accuse any feline of doing what occurred in pic 2 - lol

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jeez..all these nigerian bred cats are scary ooo... undecided
Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

You can always tell people that have Cats, they have a strong odor on their clothes and if they smoke too, OH GOD HAVE MERCY.

This is so untrue. You know the phrase "smells like wet dog"? I've never heard the phrase "smells like cat". That's because cats clean themselves constantly. Dogs are always dirty, and they smell. That's why you have to go out of your way to wash them. When you walk into a house that has a dog, it smells like dog. You can never tell if a house has a cat until it pops out from a corner.

The only plus I can see of dogs is that they are loyal and they are scary.

They aren't very bright, and they make messes.

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=MissMeiya]I've seen cats fight off alligators, bears, giant dogs, coyotes, snakes, and humans.

Then they are dogs. Who think it's a good idea to eat bees... -_-

True and Cats who does this.

I mean the poor birdie, murdered right in the prime of its avian life grin

2 Likes

Re: Cats Of Nairaland! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

This is so untrue. You know the phrase "smells like wet dog"? I've never heard the phrase "smells like cat". That's because cats clean themselves constantly. Dogs are always dirty, and they smell. That's why you have to go out of your way to wash them. When you walk into a house that has a dog, it smells like dog. You can never tell if a house has a cat until it pops out from a corner.

The only plus I can see of dogs is that they are loyal and they are scary.

They aren't very bright, and they make messes.

Many years ago when I was working for Sears I used to have go go inside homes to make repairs.

At the end of the day we can always tell which tech went inside a Cat owners house due to the stench.

Yeah wet dog occurs when the fur is wet on any animal with fur. Smells like a Wet Dog < stinks like a Cat

Anyways, this is a Cat thread so I'll let you folks bask in your Feline utopia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Monogamous Animals That Mate For Life / My Friends Alsatian Puppies Were Stolen / 13-year-old Keeps Python As Pet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.