Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal (1682 Views)

Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / Which Of These Annoying Moments Have You Had? / Happiest And Saddest Moments in Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by SMALLPENIS(f): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
#1.Autopilot
A pilot named Gary Foust was conducting a routine training mission in his F-106A Delta Dart fighter plane out of Malmstrom Air Force
Base in Montana when disaster struck in February of 1970. His plane started a flat spin, where the plane is upright but spinning like a
merry-go-round, and Foust was unable to recover normal flight no matter what he tried. He ejected to safety, only to then notice the
plane recover on it's own and glide off into the distance, landing in a cornfield. The plane suffered minimal damage while Foust landed in
the mountains and needed rescuing.

#2. Head Banger
Normally pools contain "no diving" signs to prevent people from serious injury due to diving into the shallow end of a pool and hitting
their head. One man, however, after hitting his head at the bottom of a pool awoke with the condition known as aquired musical savant
syndrome. He had become a great pianist without any prior training. I would definitely not recommend trying this at home, as this case
is extremely lucky.

#3. In Plane Sight
56 year old David Zehntner was flying his Cessna plane over his ranch in Florida when he noticed something odd by his house. A strange
truck had appeared, and a man was peering in through his home's windows. Shortly afterwards, the man hooked Zehntner's trailer to his
truck and drove away, committing the robbery in plain sight of the Cessna. Zehntner was able to follow the man enough to give police a
detailed report as soon as he landed which led to his arrest about 30 minutes later.

#4. Crazy Coincidence
A company, owned by Larry Silverstein, that was leasing the World Trade Center had scheduled a meeting for 9/11/2001 on the 88th
floor of Tower 1 to discuss what to do in the event of a terrorist attack. Fortunately for those involved, the meeting was rescheduled
the night before because someone couldn't attend. Unfortunately, the meeting was too late to make a difference

#5. Free Falling
A German high school student, only 17 years old, survived a plane crash at 10,000 ft in the air. The plane was struck by lightning and
broke apart resulting in her plummeting to the earth still strapped to her seat. She somehow lived, but that is when her luck ran out as
she then had to trek 9 days through the Peruvian Rainforest to find civilization

#6. Music Saved My Life
In 1795, the composer Joseph Haydn conducted the premiere of his 102nd symphony in person which peaked the interest of the audience.
The crowd pressed forward out of their seats to get a closer look at the famous composer. Moments later, a chandelier crashed to the
floor in the middle of the hall where the seats had emptied, killing no one and giving this piece the name "The Miracle" as the crowd
chanted afterwards.

#7. Rescue Squad
James Tuhikarama was another heart attack victim who lived due to the luckiest of coincidences. He was surfing in New Zealand when a
heart attack struck which caused him to wipe out and lose consciousness. Fortunately for him, a lifeguarding class was taking place in a
building nearby with a perfect view of the beach. When the instructor saw what happened, he rushed the whole class to save him, and
together they were able to perform CPR for over an hour until an ambulance came which would have been impossible for one man alone.

#8. Warms Your Heart
In 1988, a 2-and-a-half year old girl, Michelle Funk, fell into a creek and was submerged for 66 minutes. When rescuers arrived she
didn't have pulse and was not breathing, suffering from a very bad case of hypothermia. She was put into a blood warming heart and
lung machine, and when it reached 77 degrees she came back to life with a gasp of air and is now living a normal life to this day after a
few weeks of recovery.

#9. Football Cure
One man's passion for the Green Bay Packers ended up saving his life. In order to afford tickets to the games, he would donate his
blood. He learned later on that he had a potentially fatal blood disease called hemachromatosis that was treatable through blood
donation. He had unknowingly been saving his life the entire time.

#10. Is There A Doctor On Board?
This grandmother had the misfortune of having a heart attack, but could not have picked a luckier time to have one. She was on a flight
to Orlando, which sounds bad, but when the stewardess asked if there was a doctor on board, 15 stood up and attended to her
immediately. They were on their way to a cardiology conference.

really lucky people, share other experiences you know.

1 Like

Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
thanks, i saved the page, i'll read it later
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by SMALLPENIS(f): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Abajosax007: thanks, i saved the page, i'll read it later
okay o
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by acenazt: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lucky Bele: One Day in 2012 while I was still in school I was soooo hungry I couldn't sleep so I walked up to the dining. On reaching there I looked through the burglary proof window and to my Luck I saw a big plate of Rice and 5 pieces of meat. I choped d rice till I was filled and gave the remaining to my friend who foolishly took the plate to dining the next morning.
The food belonged to our badass wicked labor prefect Ali Boss(Rip) and that boy took the beating of his life instead of me who saw and ate most of the food.

1 Like

Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by Sabadon(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
chai ....these are really amazing.... just imagine #9 n 10
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by SMALLPENIS(f): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
acenazt: Lucky Bele: One Day in 2012 while I was still in school I was soooo hungry I couldn't sleep so I walked up to the dining. On reaching there I looked through the burglary proof window and to my Luck I saw a big plate of Rice and 5 pieces of meat. I choped d rice till I was filled and gave the remaining to my friend who foolishly took the plate to dining the next morning.
The food belonged to our badass wicked labor prefect Ali Boss(Rip) and that boy took the beating of his life instead of me who saw and ate most of the food.

lucky bele indeed grin
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by acenazt: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

lucky moment indeed grin
hehehheeh grin
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by Omexonomy: 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
When apga won in anambra APC threw bombs like knouckout in protest.
When labour won in ondo APC threw bombs like knouckout in protest.
When PDP won in ekiti APC threw bombs like knouckout in protest.
But when APC won in osun and imo BH jubilated to high heaven
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by Dubby6(m): 7:21am On Sep 06, 2014
Nice one...
Dat No 2 sha
Na dis kind tin we suppose dey read for front page
Re: 10 Luckiest Moments In History Which Could Have Been Fatal by CBNIM: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2014
Wow!

Mods frontage!

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Pics: Man Cut Into Pieces At Railway Crossing Line In Ibadan / Found A Live Snake Today / (pics)when You Steal Akara And Police Parade You With Ak 47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.