Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa (23686 Views)

Shamma AlMazrui Appointed As Youth Minister In The UAE (photo) / Military Coup In Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza Ousted / Photos: Ukranians Throw Former Minister In A Bin In Kiev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by spyg1(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
See you, u cant even handle population of 2million people,
not even up to the population of BENUE STATE
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
chiefinalowo: Military in 2014?
South Africa should intervene ASAP.
That is appalling! Unbelievably ridiculous! There are too many barbarians in military uniform in Southern Africa. I can't tell you South African military men will not be too far from taking the same primitive path because of lack of civilized mentality. Smh...! This is another disgrace to the continent in the 21st century! Do people in Lesotho wear modern clothes or just animal skin?

I hope South Africa man up and take quick action to find solution to the problem than laugh at Nigeria over Boko Haram insurgent attacks. But, I doubt it will intervene, looking at their weak military that ran away from Seleka's child rebel in CAR.
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
martowskin1: One comment and already in FP, I wonder the condition of making FP....nairaland and nigeria....make I stop b4 I face band
the information is important to get to fp regardless of the number of comment it has
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Centrifude(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
F117A: The south africans were taught a lesson by the seleka rebels.
They are probably too traumatized to attempt any reckless intervention.

And what lesson is that? Please get your facts straight before writing nonsense.
S.A soldiers did very well in C.A.R they held their own against more than 2000 rebel with just 200 soldiers, they fought so hard that Seleka called us and asked for a seize fire, we inflicted heavy losses on Seleka rebels.
The Soldiers mandate was to protect the training stuff that was busy training C.A.R Government Troops, while providing protection for the president and that's exactly what they did.

None of the training stuff were hurt and the President escaped without a scratch.

Mission objective complete with 25% Casualties.

2 Likes

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by RebelLeader15(m): 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
Fela said:

Federal military govt
Liberation council
Revolutionary military council
Reconciliation council
Redemption council
Supreme military council

The civillian govt wey we get na soldier dey protect them
All na Soldier go Soldier come, Soldier come Soldier go
When their life roll small, e go knack head for wall
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
RebelLeader15: Fela said:

Federal military govt
Liberation council
Revolutionary military council
Reconciliation council
Redemption council
Supreme military council

The civillian govt wey we get na soldier dey protect them
All na Soldier go Soldier come, Soldier come Soldier go
When their life roll small, e go knack head for wall

Fela is dead and this is 2014.
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by drstan(m): 10:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Centrifude:

And what lesson is that? Please get your facts straight before writing nonsense.
S.A soldiers did very well in C.A.R they held their own against more than 2000 rebel with just 200 soldiers, they fought so hard that Seleka called us and asked for a seize fire, we inflicted heavy losses on Seleka rebels.
The Soldiers mandate was to protect the training stuff that was busy training C.A.R Government Troops, while providing protection for the president and that's exactly what they did.

None of the training stuff were hurt and the President escaped without a scratch.

Mission objective complete with 25% Casualties.
what is the name of this game,?
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by RebelLeader15(m): 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
CityNG:

Fela is dead and this is 2014.
ehnnnn! Wetin cum be your own headache Mr Gboromideleru
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
This is going to be a big test for South Africa and define really if it has that regional power its citizens brag about. The world is watching to see what Jacob Zuma will do about the coup! grin
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Vicadonis(m): 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
drstan: Is south africa the giant of Africa,? Why didn't him seek help from Nigeria

, .................. .................. Quote me at ur risk

You haven't said anything
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
If South Africa is not going to respond to the unseated prime minister's call for help I hope Nigeria do and kick the coupe plotters out of Lesotho. South Africa's government is a toothless dog!

1 Like

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Centrifude(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Centrifude(m): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija: This is going to be a big test for South Africa and define really if it has that regional power its citizens brag about. The world is watching to see what Jacob Zuma will do about the coup! grin

The S.A government has already spoken to the Lesotho Army and now they've all gone back to their Barracks
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Centrifude:

The S.A government has already spoken to the Lesotho Army and now they've all gone back to their Barracks
Does that mean order has been restored? Has the prime minister gone back to his country of Lesotho?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
RebelLeader15: ehnnnn! Wetin cum be your own headache Mr Gboromideleru

And yours is what Miss Amebo?
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by drstan(m): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vicadonis:

You haven't said anything
my comment was meant for those that can reason
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Centrifude(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija: Does that mean order has been restored? Has the president gone back to his country of Lesotho?

Thank you.
I'm not saying that everything is fine, I'm just saying that S.A is already working on trying to come up with a solution to try and avoid violence and well since no violence and deaths have been reported I'd say the country is still stable *For now*

What the people of Lesotho want is for the king to step down, and to have a democratically elected President, they don't want violence they just want freedom and equality.
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Centrifude:
I'm not saying that everything is fine, I'm just saying that S.A is already working on trying to come up with a solution to try and avoid violence and well since no violence and deaths have been reported I'd say the country is still stable *For now*

What the people of Lesotho want is for the king to step down, and to have a democratically elected President, they don't want violence they just want freedom and equality.
Lol... That is very funny! South africa is trying to save face again by preaching in a cowardice voice. If Zuma cannot find solution to this problem and restore back the prime minister of Lesotho then South Africa is purely an overrated country and has no responsible place in Africa. It means that country is of no good use to the continent with all its bragging and development. Jeez! That is very annoying to see. When is it going to stand up to its nature? COWARD!

I hope something is done quickly or Nigeria can step in to do the needed. I trust Nigeria my country, it will not relent in helping despite faced with problems at home - the true GIANT of Africa.

We are watching how this is going to play out in the hand of South Africa! The world is watching!

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa!
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Centrifude(m): 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Lol... That is very funny! South africa is trying to save face again by preaching in a cowardice voice. If Zuma cannot find solution to this problem and restore back the president of Lesotho then South Africa is purely an overrated country and has no responsible place in Africa. It means that country is of no good use to the continent with all its bragging and development. Jeez! That is very annoying to see. When is it going to stand up to its nature? COWARD!

I hope something is done quickly or Nigeria can step in to do the needed. I trust Nigeria my country, it will not relent in helping despite faced with problems at home - the true GIANT of Africa.

We are watching how this is going to play out in the hand of South Africa! The world is watching!

Lmfao "Nigeria step in" you can't even Find more than 200 girls in your own Backyard and yet you think you can deal with this lol?! hahahaha! Wow!!

Dude you're a DumbA** you know that, basically what you want is for S.A to go in Guns Blazing and just kill anyone who goes against the royal family.
You lack logical thinking, if you've actually met and spoken to people from Lesotho, you'd know that what they want is a democratically elected President who is going to take the needs of the entire country into consideration and not just his own. Violence won't solve anything, what their Army did today was Force Projection, basically showing what its capable of, the don't want war.

Let's be honest here you don't give two S**ts about Lesotho the only thing you care about is finding anything to make S.A look bad which is pathetic and Sad.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Gunfire still heard in Lesotho
http://ewn.co.za/2014/08/30/Gunfire-still-heard-in-Lesotho-Reports

Where is South Africa in all of these? The acclaimed most developed military and country in Africa! Bwahaha...

1 Like

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Centrifude(m): 11:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
all4naija:
Lol... That is very funny! South africa is trying to save face again by preaching in a cowardice voice. If Zuma cannot find solution to this problem and restore back the prime minister of Lesotho then South Africa is purely an overrated country and has no responsible place in Africa. It means that country is of no good use to the continent with all its bragging and development. Jeez! That is very annoying to see. When is it going to stand up to its nature? COWARD!

Lesotho has a Parliamentary System and a Constitutional Monarchy, the current ruler is King Letsie III who rules in a presidential style. His Prime Minister is Bethuel Pakalitha Mosisili of the LCD (Lesotho Congress for Democracy) party.

There isn't a real President in Lesotho
The king just trys to act like one.
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Centrifude:

Lmfao "Nigeria step in" you can't even Find more than 200 girls in your own Backyard and yet you think you can deal with this lol?! hahahaha! Wow!!

Dude you're a DumbA** you know that, basically what you want is for S.A to go in Guns Blazing and just kill anyone who goes against the royal family.
You lack logical thinking, if you've actually met and spoken to people from Lesotho, you'd know that what they want is a democratically elected President who is going to take the needs of the entire country into consideration and not just his own. Violence won't solve anything, what their Army did today was Force Projection, basically showing what its capable of, the don't want war.

Let's be honest here you don't give two S**ts about Lesotho the only thing you care about is finding anything to make S.A look bad which is pathetic and Sad.
You are possibly laughing at yourself because this is the same GIANT of Africa that has liberated many countries within and outside Africa. It liberated Liberia, Serra Leon, gave South African blacks opportunity to freedom, provided help for Somalia, Mali,etc. You must be joking trying to play down on the helps Nigeria has rendered the continent.

Using insurgent case(terrorism) to judge this matter is unacceptable because it is still the same trend Nigeria fails to get rid of terrors we are seeing happening to the supper-power nations. You need to see their records on terror before you even mention Nigeria failing to meet up. Bwahaha...

I am not saying your army should go there and start firing bullets to kill innocent people. They perhaps can do that due to their lack of discipline, although, I don't subscribe to such barbarism in any way. We have seen that in CAR and other places where they went for humanitarian services. Notwithstanding, I think your government should have sent a grave warning to the coup plotters and restore back the prime minister quickly, if really your country is a regional power as most of you would have us believe. Logistically, it could have as well done that through suspension of trade with Lesotho instantly,block the borders, threaten to use force if proper actions are not taken to quickly restore order in the country and order them to start to plan for democratic election the people want. But, Zuma is not doing that. What more can I say of a country that is laughing at Nigerian government over Boko Haram issue? Bwahaha... This is just a little test your country failed to act as responsible nation already. When bigger issue like terrorism is involved your country might run to almighty USA for help! Hahaha... Nigeria is truly the GIANT of Africa not South Africa.

I care much about Lesotho people just the way I do about mine. In fact, I am looking forward to see free and fair elections are conducted in that country for peace and tranquility, for unity and prosperity to reign so that different parts of Africa can move on thereby moving the continent forward. I am tired of hearing sh*ts about Africa all the time! Can't you get?! The world is watching and thinking that Africans are on their barbarism again. Please! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

Your country needs to do something or Nigeria should step in and restore order.

Thank you.
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Centrifude:

Lesotho has a Parliamentary System and a Constitutional Monarchy, the current ruler is King Letsie III who rules in a presidential style. His Prime Minister is Bethuel Pakalitha Mosisili of the LCD (Lesotho Congress for Democracy) party.

There isn't a real President in Lesotho
The king just trys to act like one.

The people don't want monarchical kind of government again. The prime is possibly being attacked for trying to put an end to that. The king should take a background role in the affairs of that country and let the people elect who they want as their president.

The coup is very revealing of what is going on in that country. South Africa should sound a big warning to the king to restore order and to guarantee that nothing happens to the prime minister if he returns back to power in Lesotho. Is that too hard for your overrated country to do?! Jeez! When are the big countries in Africa going to stand up to their responsibilities and bring peace and order to the continent? Not until this one gets out of hand and result in a war before your country will start running around with military men like it did in CAR. Smh... angry
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by 14(m): 3:03am On Aug 31, 2014
all4naija: This is going to be a big test for South Africa and define really if it has that regional power its citizens brag about. The world is watching to see what Jacob Zuma will do about the coup! grin

This is as easy as ABC for SA. They can solve the issue within 2hrs, this is not the 1st coup, there was another coup in 1999 if i am not mistaken, SA Army went in and took over Lesotho in less than 1hr.

1 Like

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by 14(m): 3:06am On Aug 31, 2014
all4naija: If South Africa is not going to respond to the unseated president's call for help I hope Nigeria do and kick the coupe plotters out of Lesotho. South Africa government is a toothless dog!

How is that possible when Nigerian government is struggling to defeat Boko Haram. Its been 5 months now since the girls dissapeared.

2 Likes

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Dibiachukwu: 4:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Centrifude:

Word!

3 Likes

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 4:50am On Aug 31, 2014
SA has issued a warning to Basotho army,they all went back to their barracks..are you happy Mr fool?

all4naija:
You are possibly laughing at yourself because this is the same GIANT of Africa that has liberated many countries within and outside Africa. It liberated Liberia, Serra Leon, gave South African blacks opportunity to freedom, provided help for Somalia, Mali,etc. You must be joking trying to play down on the helps Nigeria has rendered the continent.

Using insurgent case(terrorism) to judge this matter is unacceptable because it is still the same trend Nigeria fails to get rid of terrors we are seeing happening to the supper-power nations. You need to see their records on terror before you even mention Nigeria failing to meet up. Bwahaha...

I am not saying your army should go there and start firing bullets to kill innocent people. They perhaps can do that due to their lack of discipline, although, I don't subscribe to such barbarism in any way. We have seen that in CAR and other places where they went for humanitarian services. Notwithstanding, I think your government should have sent a grave warning to the coup plotters and restore back the prime minister quickly, if really your country is a regional power as most of you would have us believe. Logistically, it could have as well done that through suspension of trade with Lesotho instantly,block the borders, threaten to use force if proper actions are not taken to quickly restore order in the country and order them to start to plan for democratic election the people want. But, Zuma is not doing that. What more can I say of a country that is laughing at Nigerian government over Boko Haram issue? Bwahaha... This is just a little test your country failed to act as responsible nation already. When bigger issue like terrorism is involved your country might run to almighty USA for help! Hahaha... Nigeria is truly the GIANT of Africa not South Africa.

I care much about Lesotho people just the way I do about mine. In fact, I am looking forward to see free and fair elections are conducted in that country for peace and tranquility, for unity and prosperity to reign so that different parts of Africa can move on thereby moving the continent forward. I am tired of hearing sh*ts about Africa all the time! Can't you get?! The world is watching and thinking that Africans are on their barbarism again. Please! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

Your country needs to do something or Nigeria should step in and restore order.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 31, 2014
none of your business,we know how to deal with our problems here,unlike some fools in west africa,the king of Lesotho never went to ask for help in America,neighbors first ..america later

all4naija: Does that mean order has been restored? Has the prime minister gone back to his country of Lesotho?

Thank you.
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 31, 2014
Instead of seeking solution to your own problem...you are still crying like a baby,SADC will resolve the matter in a short space of time,Basotho shall never run to America or Britain to ask for help..

all4naija:

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Dibiachukwu: 6:17am On Aug 31, 2014

1 Like

Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by RebelLeader15(m): 7:19am On Aug 31, 2014
CityNG:

And yours is what Miss Amebo?
See your life, Baba risi
Re: Military Coup In Lesotho, Prime Minister In Hiding, Seeks Help From South Africa by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 31, 2014
RebelLeader15: See your life, Baba risi

Much better than yours. Iya Kamoru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Climate Protesters Block Boris Johnson, UK Prime Minister's Convoy / 115 Russian National Guard Soldiers Sacked For Refusing To Fight In Ukraine. / Brunei Gay Law: Gay Sex And Adultery Punishable With Death Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.