Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Investment Guidelines - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investment Guidelines (9497 Views)

Guidelines In Making The Best Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kennyfancy:
pls i did 1 mansard insurance saving program, i cn only touch the money after 2yrs, pls will my money lost if i fail to contribute in a month

it depends on the policy guiding the savings program
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kennyfancy:
pls do u hav the kGIF website
www.investment-one.com
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
alignacademy:

How about value?

If you don’t understand what value is, you’re
likely to invest in the wrong things.

Even worse, you are likely to even get scammed by
people who may just parade juicy “opportunities”

Many people get scammed because they miss the
fundamentals about value.

Once you understand how value is created, you
can make a better investment decision, no matter
the investment vehicle involved.

Cheers!

now this is an open forum where everyone is allowed to contribute positively.

I like what you said about value, value is variable factor from my perspective take for example some who is standing on the hot sun us most likely to attach more value to chilled water than someone who is sitting in an AC office. value goes a long way in determining the demand of what ever you produce or bring to the market.

I will like to hear your own perspective
Re: Investment Guidelines by ifyalways(f): 5:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
I just returned from holidays to read a mail that says Kakawa Assest management ltd have been bought over by Investment-One financial services.

Ernie what do you have to say? I kinda feel undecided and a bit insecured.
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
ifyalways:
I just returned from holidays to read a mail that says Kakawa Assest management ltd have been bought over by Investment-One financial services.

Ernie what do you have to say? I kinda feel undecided and a bit insecured.

Kakawa asset management (not Kakawa discount house) was acquired by Investment One financial services in 2013 so investment one has been managing KGIF since then, right now what the just did was no effect a change in the name of KGIF but features of the fund still remains the same, there is no need for you to be alarmed because investment one financial services is waxing strong at the moment, the also acquired NIGFUND from fidelity bank years ago.

investment one financial services previously known as GTB asset management is regulated by both CBN, SEC and insured by NDIC. log on to there website www.investment-one.com for more information, you could still do more research to verify what I just told you. majority of the board members of GT Bank are still on the board of investment one financial services, so just take it that just the name changed but the ownership and structure is still very reliable.
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 12:47am On Jan 08, 2015
WHAT'S YOUR ATTITUDE TO INVESTMENT RISK?

The first step is to think about risk and exactly how much you can afford to take. You might be a naturally cautious person, worried that you will lose some – or worse all – of your hard-earned cash, or you may be a gung-ho adrenalin junkie happy to put your cash on the line if there is even a sniff of stellar returns. Probably, you fall somewhere between the two.But before pigeon-holing yourself as a cautious, balanced or aggressive investor you need to think not just about your own personal views around risk – you need to put those into the context of your investment strategy, taking into account what you are trying to achieve and how much time you have before you will next need to get your hands on your money.
Re: Investment Guidelines by Kennyfancy(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2015
ernie4life:

www.investment-one.com
if i invest 10k, hw much would b my intrest every month
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2015
Kennyfancy:
if i invest 10k, hw much would b my intrest every month

invest 10k into what?
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
HOW TO REDUCE RISK
No investment is without risk - even cash is a risk when you consider how its spending power can be hammered by inflation- however it is possible to control it. Diversification is one of the best ways to reduce the risk of your portfolio – pile all of your eggs into one risky basket and there's the danger they'll all get smashed.
This can be done by investing in a range of different asset classes of which equities– or stocks and shares – is just one. Each asset class will respond in different ways depending on the economic circumstances, so when one might not be performing so well, another might be faring better. This means your overall returns might not take too much of a hit.
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Investing isn't just for high rollers You don't have to have Warren Buffett's bank balance to dabble on the stockmarket. Most investment funds will accept monthly deposits of 5000 naira or lump sums of between 1000000 and 5000000 You do, however, have to be able to stomach watching your savings fall in value as well as rise.
Investing is a long game, so you must be prepared to lock your money away for a minimum of five years, ideally a decade or more. It is therefore best suited to those with long-term financial goals, saving for retirement or a child's education, for example, rather than a house deposit or a new car.

2. Beware reckless cautionGambling your money on unpredictable markets canbe nerve-wracking. But history has repeatedly shown that over the long term equities out perform cash savings. This is hardly surprising when you consider the pitiful returns offered by banks and building societies on savings accounts at the moment.
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2015
Investing isn't just for high rollers You don't have to have Warren Buffett's bank balance to dabble on the stockmarket. Most investment funds will accept monthly deposits of 5000 naira or lump sums of between 1000000 and 5000000 You do, however, have to be able to stomach watching your savings fall in value as well as rise.
Investing is a long game, so you must be prepared to lock your money away for a minimum of five years, ideally a decade or more. It is therefore best suited to those with long-term financial goals, saving for retirement or a child's education, for example, rather than a house deposit or a new car.

2. Beware reckless cautionGambling your money on unpredictable markets canbe nerve-wracking. But history has repeatedly shown that over the long term equities out perform cash savings. This is hardly surprising when you consider the pitiful returns offered by banks and building societies on savings accounts at the moment.
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
when do you think is the best time to invest, at boom or meltdown?
Re: Investment Guidelines by drizzydrag(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2015
Nice thread... and Great work by the OP... If u r talking about paper investment, I personally think a period of MELTDOWN is d best time to invest and watch yo money grow as the market regain its momentum. Buh I advice dere should always be an exit strategy wen investing, no matter d kinda investment u r going into. During d meltdown period, most ppl will run away frm d market and d price will be low which will enable u to buy more shares and wait for dos run away to come back and buy it frm u at an higher rate wen d market come booming.
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
drizzydrag you are on point
a thousand likes for this

1 Like

Re: Investment Guidelines by taiwoliu(m): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2015
UncannyGenius:
Read this book, Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That The Poor and Middle Class Do Not. by Robert T. Kiyosaki. In the book, You will find out what Investment plan is.
can u help wt d syt whr I cn download a free softcopy of ds book?
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
taiwoliu:
can u help wt d syt whr I cn download a free softcopy of ds book?

Type Rich Dad's Guide to Investing pdf on Google and you will see it and download
Re: Investment Guidelines by taiwoliu(m): 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
ernie4life:

Type Rich Dad's Guide to Investing pdf on Google and you will see it and download
d 1 I saw WS a summarized version. I need d full version.
Re: Investment Guidelines by emperoracro(m): 6:55am On Mar 24, 2015
I am looking for a reliable business partner,i deal with Agricultural products, i have a store and a bus for the business, am working on expansion. Pm me or contact me on +2348136909187, pls i want only serious and mature people. Thanks
CLOSED
Re: Investment Guidelines by kennyzboy: 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Good afternoon people, please I would really appreciate it if any one here in the house knows much about federal government bonds and how profitable it is. For example let me take the 5 years bond at the rate of 15%, if one invests N10,000,000 on it what would be the ROI after the 5 years and also is the ROI paid upfront or after maturation. Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Re: Investment Guidelines by princeuk21(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
kennyzboy:
Good afternoon people, please I would really appreciate it if any one here in the house knows much about federal government bonds and how profitable it is. For example let me take the 5 years bond at the rate of 15%, if one invests N10,000,000 on it what would be the ROI after the 5 years and also is the ROI paid upfront or after maturation. Thanks in anticipation of your help.

1) FGN Bonds are debt securities (liabilities) of the Federal Government of Nigeria issued under the authority of DMO and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The FGN has an obligation to pay the bondholder the principal and agreed interest as they fall due.

2) FGN bonds are debt instruments issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria for an agreed period of time. The investor lends an amount of money to the government and earns interest on the investment until the maturity of the bond when the principal will be returned.

3) I don't think they roll over the interest with the principal and if we are to calculate it then it should be (1,500,000 for the first year and if we multiply that figure by 5 years it should be 7,500.000).

4) Interest received on FGN bonds is not subject to tax so it is tax free.

Always here to help.
Princeuk21. wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Investment Guidelines by kennyzboy: 8:58am On Apr 08, 2015
Thanks @Princeuk21, I now know a bit better.
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Investment Guidelines by chukwuwike2ny(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus? Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced. And Honest Person.

I have 1 that is mine and 2 others that I manage for people, and business is doing very good.

I thought I can earn more if I increase the number of buses I'm managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.

Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month.

Alternatively, you can get 5% ROI with 10% Principal Repayment per Month.

My contacts:
Click2ny@gmail.com
BBPin:2895029C
WhatsApp: 08111595550
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2015
We have dealt a lot about investment at a preliminary level and yes a lot of us are interested and have the will to go into investments but then the issue of finance always comes up and you wish you could just get walk into a bank and get a loan to startup, but like I always advice " look inwards". Taking a loan for a business that you are just starting is a big risk because you don't know how the market will react and remember you don't yet have the market for whatever it is you are starting, so loan is not a smart choice.

Looking inwards on the other hand In tells proper personal finance to accumulate residual income which if properly managed over time could turn to capital for you to start your business. So I will like us to look into a topic which Is the foundation of every investor

"PERSONAL FINANCE ".

I call it the foundation of every investor because if you can not manage your personal income, how do you intend to invest or manage a business, it's like a child who can't count 1, 2, 3, 4, ...........100 trying to learn multiplication, I would have said impossible but I don't believe the word impossible exist so let me just say it will be tough, hard, excruciating.

The parameters/outline on which we will be examining personal finance  are

Definition 
Importance
Money problems 
How to conquer money problems 
Budgeting/ planing
Summary

Contributions, criticism are always welcome because I know there are lots of experts out there and again no knowledge is absolute.
Re: Investment Guidelines by taiwoliu(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
ernie4life:
We have dealt a lot about investment at a preliminary level and yes a lot of us are interested and have the will to go into investments but then the issue of finance always comes up and you wish you could just get walk into a bank and get a loan to startup, but like I always advice " look inwards". Taking a loan for a business that you are just starting is a big risk because you don't know how the market will react and remember you don't yet have the market for whatever it is you are starting, so loan is not a smart choice.

Looking inwards on the other hand In tells proper personal finance to accumulate residual income which if properly managed over time could turn to capital for you to start your business. So I will like us to look into a topic which Is the foundation of every investor

"PERSONAL FINANCE ".

I call it the foundation of every investor because if you can not manage your personal income, how do you intend to invest or manage a business, it's like a child who can't count 1, 2, 3, 4, ...........100 trying to learn multiplication, I would have said impossible but I don't believe the word impossible exist so let me just say it will be tough, hard, excruciating.

The parameters/outline on which we will be examining personal finance  are

Definition 
Importance
Money problems 
How to conquer money problems 
Budgeting/ planing
Summary

Contributions, criticism are always welcome because I know there are lots of experts out there and again no knowledge is absolute.

*spreads mat, and sip kunu* ready for lesson. thumb ups bro, now that election matters r over we cn v our usual lives back.
Re: Investment Guidelines by p2son(m): 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
about the FGN BOND Wats the minimum amount required to purchase the BOND??
and Wat do Dey mean by unsuccessful bids
Re: Investment Guidelines by justineu(m): 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
ernie4life:
drizzydrag you are on point
a thousand likes for this
Oga u av nt said anytin about those who are working and want to invest and receiveing income frm diff source thsat is nt business.
Re: Investment Guidelines by justineu(m): 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
princeuk21:

1) FGN Bonds are debt securities (liabilities) of the Federal Government of Nigeria issued under the authority of DMO and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The FGN has an obligation to pay the bondholder the principal and agreed interest as they fall due.

2) FGN bonds are debt instruments issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria for an agreed period of time. The investor lends an amount of money to the government and earns interest on the investment until the maturity of the bond when the principal will be returned.

3) I don't think they roll over the interest with the principal and if we are to calculate it then it should be (1,500,000 for the first year and if we multiply that figure by 5 years it should be 7,500.000).

4) Interest received on FGN bonds is not subject to tax so it is tax free.

Always here to help.
Princeuk21. wink smiley
I will love to learn are u saying 7.5million will be the interest of the initial capital (10m)unda 5 yrs?
Re: Investment Guidelines by ernie4life(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
justineu:
Oga u av nt said anytin about those who are working and want to invest and receiveing income frm diff source thsat is nt business.

Well for those who are working and want to invest, I will recommend passive investment.

Passive investments are investment which does not require regular monitoring, that means you can afford to invest without watching it and both your interest and capital will always be guaranteed. With passive investment you can face your career while your money is still working for you.
Under passive investment you have things like

Treasury bills
Bonds
Mutual funds with guaranteed interest
Timed deposit / fixed deposit
Re: Investment Guidelines by princeuk21(m): 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
justineu:
I will love to learn are u saying 7.5million will be the interest of the initial capital (10m)unda 5 yrs?
yes, from your above 15% calculation.
Re: Investment Guidelines by justineu(m): 7:06am On Apr 14, 2015
princeuk21:
yes, from your above 15% calculation.
that's nice.
Re: Investment Guidelines by emperoracro(m): 6:56am On Apr 16, 2015
Hello for those of you out there looking at storing palm oil and selling when its scarce, contact me on +2348136909187, i will assist you which ever way i can.
And i also need partners who are interested in been active in the business, please feel free to contact me also.
PS: I also deal with plantains.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying Shit Coins At Their Early Stage Is The New Money Machine / Which Lucrative Business Can I Start With 500k? / New 4 Bedroom Duplex House Plan ( 3d Model )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.