Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River (32361 Views)

2 All D Dog Meat Lovers: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River / News/photos Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children / Cholera Kills Five In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by priscaoge(f): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2014
solidman59: Swear say u never chop for fastfood (eg KFC) before!!!
And U think everybody love eating chicken in Fastfood joint right? Ain't gonna argue with U dear,have a nice day!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2014
all4naija: Dog is human closest friend among animals and is usually treated as a pet. I did and eating of dogs should be stopped. Human is animal as well and that's one of the reason eating dogs is compared to cannibalism. No, You can't eat humans because you decide to. Stop eating dogs, people!

as much as YOU want to call this animal your closest friend (or pet), many people continue to see these animals as what they are........MEAT. if eating of dog/cat meat is cannibalism then it should be the same for the consumption of any meat like cow or chicken. if you see nothing wrong with eating chicken/beef then you therefore should feel the same way about any other animal. the hindus dont eat cow, but you dont see them calling you cannibals because you do. TO EACH THEIR OWN

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by klodike(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
How Did he ask dem to eat the dog They shuld have fed their doc well, it won't go eating pples egg.
MisterLongman: Yawa dey ooo..... The man that laced the eggs with gamallin 20 should be charged for manslaughter.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by bamite(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=tojahh][/quote]y you wan indirectly tell every body say you don serve
na u be the 1st coppa 4naija?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by donklens: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2014
I like dogs, I can't eat them.

Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by egopersonified(f): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2014
What comes to mind is;how safe are the ones we buy from the market?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
segzyj: This story is somehow......, if it real, is the egg in the raw form or boiled?, How many quantity of the so called gamallin 20 can be laced into an egg in it raw or boiled form?..... Is the Dog meet not cooked before eating it?........ I dey smell somtin for dis tori

Lol. You sound like a non-chemist or perhaps in general, a non-scientist. Some chemicals, viruses even bacterium still stay active even after being heated for several hours. A may cooking the meat doesnt equate rendering the chemical powerless.

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
psucc: Death everywhere.
Sorry that over 2 generations are gone.
The problem now is: what will be the charge for the owner of the egg?

Do they even know who owns the egg left alone who laced the chemical and baited it for the dog? I doubt.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
purplesummer: It's sheer wickedness for a neighbour to kill/poison another's dog, now his wickedness has caused much more harm than he ever anticipated.
Chai, Calabar people and J5 sha. I was nearly initiated into eating it

Lie! You"ve eaten and still eating it. No point lying.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

as much as YOU want to call this animal your closest friend (or pet), many people continue to see these animals as what they are........MEAT. if eating of dog/cat meat is cannibalism then it should be the same for the consumption of any meat like cow or chicken. if you see nothing wrong with eating chicken/beef then you therefore should feel the same way about any other animal. the hindus dont eat cow, but you dont see them calling you cannibals because you do. TO EACH THEIR OWN
I have been able to differentiate dogs from chicken and cow in my previous comment. Eating dogs is equivalent to cannibalism and if you want to be down with cannibalism be my guest. I can now understand why some Nigerians practice cannibalism. Do you eat dogs?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
Eating intelligent animals is really bizarre
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by deebrain(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
phreakabit: Ignorance. . . . . Killing Africans since inception.

i dey tell you

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Ninilowo(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
CoolHunk: Wow! But why should man eat his bestfriend?
Na cannibalism be dat.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
CoolHunk: Wow! But why should man eat his bestfriend?
Dog being mans best friend is a relative term. There is no natural law or statement that supports that. To some people, cat, leopard, lions, snakes(tho tamed) are their best friend.
I dont eat dog o, but i just wqnted to clear the air.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
macklef:
Dog being mans best friend is a relative term. There is no natural law or statement that supports that. To some people, cat, leopard, lions, snakes(tho tamed) are their best friend.
I dont eat dog o, but i just wqnted to clear the air.

Eating animals that are intelligent is creepy
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am not sure whether to be shocked at a family eating their dying pet, or impressed at their erm efficient use of the remains - getting erm utility/value for money from the dog. (Let nothing waste)

But eating a sick animal . . .

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Eating animals that are intelligent is creepy
Are dogs intelligent? Unless they are trained to be. Because the average dog on the street only know how to bring its tongue out running the street looking for the newest meat seller in town. cheesy tongue
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
macklef:
Are dogs intelligent? Unless they are trained to be. Because the average dog on the street only know how to bring its tongue out running the street looking for the newest meat seller in town. cheesy tongue

Are humans intelligent? Unless they are taught to be.

If it has the capacity to learn, yes, it is an intelligent animal. Can you train a cow? A fish?

Google search or YouTube search and see the things humans have trained dogs to do. Then ask me if dogs are intelligent.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are humans intelligent? Unless they are taught to be.

If it has the capacity to learn, yes, it is an intelligent animal. Can you train a cow? A fish?

Google search or YouTube search and see the things humans have trained dogs to do. Then ask me if dogs are intelligent.

Ma, humans are intelligent, taught or not. Dont even compare us to dogs.
My point of emphasis is, difrent strokes for diffrent folks, some folks cant phantom eating dogs, i fall into that category anyways, but some say its one of the sweetest meat.
Intelligent or not, meat is meat, even monkeys are trained, dolphins are trained and sorry, people eat them.
Dont worry, i will soon upload a video on youtube where i will train eja shawa to use straw to drink water in the sea, instead of opening its mouth. tongue
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
macklef:

Ma, humans are intelligent, taught or not. Dont even compare us to dogs.
My point of emphasis is, difrent strokes for diffrent folks, some folks cant phantom eating dogs, i fall into that category anyways, but some say its one of the sweetest meat.
Intelligent or not, meat is meat, even monkeys are trained, dolphins are trained and sorry, people eat them.
Dont worry, i will soon upload a video on youtube where i will train eja shawa to use straw to drink water in the sea, instead of opening its mouth. tongue

No. If a human is left alone to him/herself, without being taught, he/she will behave like an animal. Look it up. Neglected and abandoned children left to grow up without the influence of other humans behave like animals.

People eat monkeys and dolphins? Where please?

That's your opinion. Most people find eating intelligent animals very eerie.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

No. If a human is left alone to him/herself, without being taught, he/she will behave like an animal. Look it up. Neglected and abandoned children left to grow up without the influence of other humans behave like animals.

People eat monkeys and dolphins? Where please?

That's your opinion. Most people find eating intelligent animals very eerie.
Lol. Ehen. Ur acting up abi? I heard women never back out from any arguement. Sorry o, u will taya. wink

Well, if a human is left alone to him/herself, without being taught, he/she will behave like an animal. I dont agree with you young lady, he may behave diffrent, not necessarily an animal, afterall our decendants were not taught before they built sky scrappers and aeroplanes. Even cave men learnt to start fire by rubbing stones, were they taught that? Humans have been designed to be intelligent. We really dont need to be taught. ''Common sense'' sef can be an animals greatest sense
Besides, we are talking of intelligence, not behaviour. An intelligent person can still act like an animal(behaviour wise)

About people eating monkeys and dolphines, lol. Since the day a man fried croakcroach and munched it like corn flakes, i understood thers nothing new under the sun.
The fact you havnt seen dosnt mean it dosnt exist.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
macklef:
Lol. Ehen. Ur acting up abi? I heard women never back out from any arguement. Sorry o, u will taya. wink

Well, if a human is left alone to him/herself, without being taught, he/she will behave like an animal. I dont agree with you young lady, he may behave diffrent, not necessarily an animal, afterall our decendants were not taught before they built sky scrappers and aeroplanes. Even cave men learnt to start fire by rubbing stones, were they taught that? Humans have been designed to be intelligent. We really dont need to be taught. ''Common sense'' sef can be an animals greatest sense
Besides, we are talking of intelligence, not behaviour. An intelligent person can still act like an animal(behaviour wise)

About people eating monkeys and dolphines, lol. Since the day a man fried croakcroach and munched it like corn flakes, i understood thers nothing new under the sun.
The fact you havnt seen dosnt mean it dosnt exist.

One, try actually doing research instead of "figuring" something and deciding that makes it true. What I stated is a proven fact, not a guess, like yours.

Two, I never said it doesn't exist. In fact, I said (twice) that eating intelligent animals is eerie. Disconcerting. Gives me the heebie jeebies. Then you started saying dogs are not intelligent.

There's nothing strange about eating insects. You can't train a cockroach to guide a blind man or sort objects.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 10:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

One, try actually doing research instead of "figuring" something and deciding that makes it true. What I stated is a proven fact, not a guess, like yours.

Two, I never said it doesn't exist. In fact, I said (twice) that eating intelligent animals is eerie. Disconcerting. Gives me the heebie jeebies. Then you started saying dogs are not intelligent.

There's nothing strange about eating insects. You can't train a cockroach to guide a blind man or sort objects.
Lol. Younglady, i never said dogs are not intelligent. I said, they are trained to be. You justifying bout intellligent dogs, not being killed,
Who does really? Its the stupid bingos that run the streets that are killed anyways, which calabar man has time looking for the dog trained by dr dolittle that can lead a blind man or speak on behalf of a dumb man. No one.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 02, 2014
all4naija:
I have been able to differentiate dogs from chicken and cow in my previous comment. Eating dogs is equivalent to cannibalism and if you want to be down with cannibalism be my guest. I can now understand why some Nigerians practice cannibalism. Do you eat dogs?

pls, do enlighten us all and tell me, APART FROM BS SENTIMENT, what makes dog meat any different than sheep or cow meat? i dont care about how you "feel" about dogs, i am talking about you comparing eating dog with eating human meat (thats what cannibalism is).

as for dog meat, i unknowingly tried it once in Asia, and if the girl had not told me afterwards that it was dog meat, i would have never known. as for cat, go to any Chinatown in the world, and when you order rabbit, guess what? you are probably eating cat meat, lol!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

pls, do enlighten us all and tell me, APART FROM BS SENTIMENT, what makes dog meat any different than sheep or cow meat? i dont care about how you "feel" about dogs, i am talking about you comparing eating dog with eating human meat (thats what cannibalism is).

as for dog meat, i unknowingly tried it once in Asia, and if the girl had not told me afterwards that it was dog meat, i would have never known. as for cat, go to any Chinatown in the world, and when you order rabbit, guess what? you are probably eating cat meat, lol!
What make human meat(PTUI) different as well? Jeez! Don't make me puke!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

1. Dogs are intelligent animals
2. Dogs are carnivorous

Those are two major differences.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 5:12am On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

Naso. Its nothing but a sentiment. Its not unatural to eat dog. Forgive me for going religious, but the bible is a place where we can find natural laws. Thers no where any meat was condemned. Adam had
Full Control over all. So due to our superiority over animals. If you can tame it, go ahead and eat it. The only thing prohibited naturally is Blood of any animal/human.
Saying eating dogs is cannibalism is sheer BS propaganda. Naturally we are commanded not to kill humans let alone eat them. Where on earth are we commanded not to kill dog and eat them?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by vainfairy: 8:05am On Sep 02, 2014
PapiWata: The man at least died as hero among lovers of dog meat, known in his neck of the woods as "Ebuwa" meat. Matter of fact it would not be surprising at all if the victim of this dhoggie dinner comes to be remembered with reverence and fondness, as a veritable patron saint of dog meat eaters in Calabar, Nigeria and beyond.

This die-hard lover of dog meat did not let his enthusiasm to score a free meal of his favorite dish be dampened by the high risk of poisoning with the same powerful insecticide used to kill the dog he elected eat as "punishment" for bad behavior.

Well, all told, it is indeed a dog-eat-dog world out there, though I am, well, dogged and hounded by the troubling thought that the consuming love for one's favorite dish can in fact be a far GREATER motivating force for some special people, than the very will to live, whereby hard-core connoisseurs of filet-dogghie would willingly consume dog stew made from a poisoned animal, as a means of demonstrating their single-minded dedication to a cause.

Now that, ladies and mentalmen, is an illustration of true loyalty and faithfulness to a Higher Calling, literally to one's last breath.

Long live the Late Eater of Dog, for he is now at the right hand of God, devouring yet more dog stew from a golden, diamond-studded chalice, up beyond the sky.

Lollzzz!! Madt man!!!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya:
1. Dogs are intelligent animals
2. Dogs are carnivorous

Those are two major differences.

NONSENSE!!!! a dog is NOT intelligent, it is just an OBEDIENT animal, dont mix the two. yes, they can fetch and do tricks but can they read? can they solve problems? can they make tools, evolve or can they reason? again, you write rubbish out of SENTIMENTS. if you want to talk about intelligent animals then mention the chimps.

as for dogs being carnivorous, is that another one of your jokes? ok let me help you: you are thinking with your HEART not your HEAD. your PERCEPTION of the meat is simply based on your culture, thats why you can eat beef but indians cant. you have made up your mind that some animals are NOT animals any longer but pets, and therefore their status as MEAT is no longer there (while it never changed). there are many animals that your mind is fooling you to believe that they are not meat any longer, while they still are: you eat chicken/turkey wings but wont eat swan wings; you are quick to drink cow milk but then would never drink horse milk.

the reason why we dont eat dog/cat meat is because for centuries we have used them as pet, but the sad truth is that if you treated a cow like you did your dog then they will ALSO be man's best friend, and soon enough you would have the same outlook on them as you have on dog/cat.

all4naija: What make human meat(PTUI) different as well? Jeez! Don't make me puke!

they are different species...one is CANINE the other is HUMAN, not knowing the difference would be your downfall.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

NONSENSE!!!! a dog is NOT intelligent, it is just an OBEDIENT animal, dont mix the two. yes, they can fetch and do tricks but can they read? can they solve problems? can they make tools, evolve or can they reason? again, you write rubbish out of SENTIMENTS. if you want to talk about intelligent animals then mention the chimps.

as for dogs being carnivorous, is that another one of your jokes? ok let me help you: you are thinking with your HEART not your HEAD. your PERCEPTION of the meat is simply based on your culture, thats why you can eat beef but indians cant. you have made up your mind that some animals are NOT animals any longer but pets, and therefore their status as MEAT is no longer there (while it never changed). there are many animals that your mind is fooling you to believe that they are not meat any longer, while they still are: you eat chicken/turkey wings but wont eat swan wings; you are quick to drink cow milk but then would never drink horse milk.

the reason why we dont eat dog/cat meat is because for centuries we have used them as pet, but the sad truth is that if you treated a cow like you did your dog then they will ALSO be man's best friend, and soon enough you would have the same outlook on them as you have on dog/cat.

How about you look it up. Dogs are intelligent animals. Cows are not. Chicken are not. Just look it up. It's science. You accuse me of sentiment but just LOOK at your reply to my two sentence statement. Obviously you are WAY more sentimental about this than I am.

Secondly, why didn't you address the carnivorous argument?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
macklef:

Naso. Its nothing but a sentiment. Its not unatural to eat dog. Forgive me for going religious, but the bible is a place where we can find natural laws. Thers no where any meat was condemned. Adam had
Full Control over all. So due to our superiority over animals. If you can tame it, go ahead and eat it. The only thing prohibited naturally is Blood of any animal/human.
Saying eating dogs is cannibalism is sheer BS propaganda. Naturally we are commanded not to kill humans let alone eat them. Where on earth are we commanded not to kill dog and eat them?

Please tell me, what other carnivorous animal do humans commonly eat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Postinor 2 / Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija BBC Interview On Omicron COVID In South Africa / I Need A Very Big Peni*s Pleas Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.