Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River (32380 Views)

2 All D Dog Meat Lovers: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River / News/photos Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children / Cholera Kills Five In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by laiza(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer: It's sheer wickedness for a neighbour to kill/poison another's dog, now his wickedness has caused much more harm than he ever anticipated.
Chai, Calabar people and J5 sha. I was nearly initiated into eating it
so the dog eating another man's eggs isn't wickedness abi? People and their way of reasoning shaa! You mustn't be a judge. angry
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by justi4jesu(f): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
hungryboy: I been dey plan to go one joint for atimbo go chop dog meat, but this news don make me change my mind

Atimbo...chaiii u sabi am wella smiley
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Eyop: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer:
That's true...but you sef, how come you know the name if you don't patronize the vendors? wink
cheesy grin lol... na hear me i dey hear oooh. I don't eat meat any how so i can never fall victim to dog meat. Even bush meat sef i don't eat. Cow,goat,Turkey,Fish,Chicken are Ok for me and thank God for giving options.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Obinoscopy(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
frankben: Thank you Mr Obinoscopy grin grin.
You're welcome. Use a PM next time wink.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Exponental(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
Imagine if d neighbours are FFF......as in olojukokoro!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Idrismusty97(m): 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
PapiWata: The man at least died as hero among lovers of dog meat, known in his neck of the woods as "Ebuwa" meat. Matter of fact it would not be surprising at all if the victim of this dhoggie dinner comes to be remembered with reverence and fondness, as a veritable patron saint of dog meat eaters in Calabar, Nigeria and beyond.

This die-hard lover of dog meat did not let his enthusiasm to score a free meal of his favorite dish be dampened by the high risk of poisoning with the same powerful insecticide used to kill the dog he elected eat as "punishment" for bad behavior.

Well, all told, it is indeed a dog-eat-dog world out there, though I am, well, dogged and hounded by the troubling thought that the consuming love for one's favorite dish can in fact be a far GREATER motivating force for some special people, than the very will to live, whereby hard-core connoisseurs of filet-dogghie would willingly consume dog stew made from a poisoned animal, as a means of demonstrating their single-minded dedication to a cause.

Now that, ladies and mentalmen, is an illustration of true loyalty and faithfulness to a Higher Calling, literally to one's last breath.

Long live the Late Eater of Dog, for he is now at the right hand of God, devouring yet more dog stew from a golden, diamond-studded chalice, up beyond the sky.
Jakumo? Them don ban you ko? What happen to your original moniker.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Ekundayo7: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Smily202: African mentality.....why would the man put gamaline poison that can kill human for the dog to eat... That's how Ebola start killing ppl now
Probably because he is relying on the chicken eggs for his own household food. If someone's dog was eating my chickens or their eggs I would have issue with that and try to reach an agreement with the owner of the dog. Surely they must have know that eating dog meat is delicacy and poisoning the dog might lead to other deaths? Sorry for them, RIP.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Innodon(m): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
So sorry...
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Lucasbalo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

it is sweet with unripe plantain...lol grin grin grin
Goodluck to you. You can't kill a dog here for anything . Even maltreating a dog here will send you to jail.

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Obinoscopy: You're welcome. Use a PM next time wink.
Roger that Sir grin grin
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by kamo2930yahoo(f): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
My neighbours are celebrating a naming ceremony now with turkey and dog meat. The dog was theirs and it was suffering from serious infection from ticks, oh my God! So disgusting to behold not to talk of even eating.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Adayi1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
cool! Oh my God
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by gebest: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
The dog has contracted the dreaded Ebola desease.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by justi4jesu(f): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lucasbalo: Goodluck to you. You can't kill a dog here for anything . Even maltreating a dog here will send you to jail.

We are talking about here in Nigeria and not Abroad.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by 1stola: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
segzyj: It must be a stolen dog
Some people are just so dumb to comprehend...
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by lumeneng22: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Calabash pple and the dog meat syndrome! they no let us hear word for here in isashi lagos with their 404 pepper soup.Smh
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by segzyj(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
MisterLongman: Did you read the post at all
I don't tink so.... Dnt be annoyed
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by vislabraye(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
You see a dog dying and yet you think its safe to eat its flesh. Smh.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by purplesummer(f): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

Sometimes they will trick you into eating it, after you have eaten and finished enjoying the meal then they will tell you that you have just eaten Dog Meat...lol
Lol. Yea, you are right, especially when you have mischievous friends. grin

Eyop:
cheesy grin lol... na hear me i dey hear oooh. I don't eat meat any how so i can never fall victim to dog meat. Even bush meat sef i don't eat. Cow,goat,Turkey,Fish,Chicken are Ok for me and thank God for giving options.
Alright. smiley I thought you are from the dog-eating tribes (no offence to anybody)
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
As funny as this seemed, it just wasn't right. Who would we blame? Maybe the hen owner don dey warn dog owners to watch their dogs.
RIP to the dead though.

YYN
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by chemmerfrank(m): 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
priscaoge: Had I know is always late. They don't know the implications of eating a sick animal. U see Y I hate frozen foods especially fish n chickenundecided#Nonsense, I rather buy a live one,Pay n they kill it 4 me.undecided

RIP 2 them!
and before they killed the chicken they did medical test?! mtchww u dey claim smart...na God dey save u..no be ur small brain

2 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Eyop: 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer:

Alright. smiley I thought you are from the dog-eating tribes (no offence to anybody)

I am from Akwa-Ibom(i don't eat dog) but forget all the stories you hear that people from my side are the ones that eat Dog the most. Some Ondo people too eat dog very well but it doesn't really concentrate on one particular side. That your former pic on your DP,the way you posed was like you just finished eating one that time cheesy grin
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by MeAboki(m): 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
For some ppl their longer throat has no exception; as long as it it moves they'll greedily eat it; how person fit eat dog sef I just don't know - the thought of it sef makes me want to puke. sad

2 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by purplesummer(f): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Eyop:

I am from Akwa-Ibom(i don't eat dog) but forget all the stories you hear that people from my side are the ones that eat Dog the most. Some Ondo people too eat dog very well but it doesn't really concentrate on one particular side. That your former pic on your DP,the way you posed was like you just finished eating one that time cheesy grin
Ok. I've been to all the nooks and crannies of Akwa Ibom State. I've probably passed your house once wink
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by priscaoge(f): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
chemmerfrank: and before they killed the chicken they did medical test?! mtchww u dey claim smart...na God dey save u..no be ur small brain
God helps those that help themselves my dear. Maybe u don't know what PREVENTION is. How many frozen stores carry out medical test on their food? Ignorance is a disease! Even before d bird flu disease,my family don't eat frozen so stop been myopic n face ur front pls.

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by SHEAU(m): 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
Idrismusty97: Jakumo? Them don ban you ko? What happen to your original moniker.
the one and only Jakumo
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Eyop: 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer:
Ok. I've been to all the nooks and crannies of Akwa Ibom State. I've probably passed your house once wink
lol...really? So it means you've covered all the LGA in my state? I don't think so but let me not derail this thread,we go talk about that one later wink
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by jdula: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Am just seeing this now, and am surprice its on nairaland..... hmmmm how news fly
Am in cross river north presently, same local government precisely the news over here about the whole scenario is quite different from what the OP posted.

Though some persons die, but the rumour here is that, their death was not precisely caused by the dog meat. it was the leave used for preparing the delicacy that was conterminated by herbicide used for killing grass.

Albeit the woman was'nt aware the the leaves were conterminated cause it takes like three days before the leaves changes its colour and begin to die.

Well this is the info I got, except this toke place yerstaday that the new yam festival was being celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by chemmerfrank(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
priscaoge:
God helps those that help themselves my dear. Maybe u don't know what PREVENTION is. How many frozen stores carry out medical test on their food? Ignorance is a disease! Even before d bird flu disease,my family don't eat frozen so stop been myopic n face ur front pls.
lol....ur d ignorant one here...ur family buys live chicken like say u dey chk d temperature...dey cant kill a sick live chicken for you abi?? pls no furda discussions....

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by PapiWata: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Eyop:

Yes, Eyo, you are correct in identifying the Ondo people as being very fond of dog meat, which is named "Lokilii" in that neck of the woods. It is very rare to see a roaming stray dog in any town where the flesh of such house-pets is regarded as a delicacy, and when dogs are spotted, they walk around in a constant state of high alert, glancing over their shoulders every few seconds, their ears straining to hear those feared words "Ebuwa" or "Lokiili" either of which means it is time to break into a run for dear life.

It is high time that lovers of dog meat from ALL geographical sectors of Nigeria form a unifying body to direct and synchronize their activities with respect to their shared dietary preference. If I may, I would like to suggest that the new organization devoted to eating dog meat should be called something along the lines of " The Lokiili-Ebuwa Dog Eater's Alliance."

3 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by priscaoge(f): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
chemmerfrank: lol....ur d ignorant one here...ur family buys live chicken like say u dey chk d temperature...dey cant kill a sick live chicken for you abi?? pls no furda discussions....
#Sicking!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by jdula: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Am just seeing this now, and am surprice its on nairaland..... hmmmm how news fly
Am in cross river north presently, same local government precisely the news over here about the whole scenario is quite different from what the OP posted.

Though some persons die, but the rumour here is that, their death was not precisely caused by the dog meat. it was the leave used for preparing the delicacy that was conterminated by herbicide used for killing grass.

Albeit the woman was'nt aware the the leaves were conterminated cause it takes like three days before the leaves changes its colour and begin to die.

Well this is the info I got, except this toke place yerstaday that the new yam festival was being celebrated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Postinor 2 / How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) / Genotype: Do People Still Do This In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.