Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River (32378 Views)

2 All D Dog Meat Lovers: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River / News/photos Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children / Cholera Kills Five In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

Please tell me, what other carnivorous animal do humans commonly eat?

Fishes
Shark fin soup
Frog legs
Snake
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

Please tell me, what other carnivorous animal do humans commonly eat?
Dear, i am not a vetinary census officer. You are only depending on what u have read/seen. People eat the Darnest things.
Besides, how many carnivorous animals do you know walk the streets that humans do not eat? The rest are preety wild/in thick bushes.all the same. Ask urself, why are carnivores not always consumed by humans?
It might be dangerous to eat some carnivore, but so far, i have not seen anyone who has suffered from eating dog meat.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by macklef(m): 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
oyb:

Fishes
Shark fin soup
Frog legs
Snake

Thank you, the last time a shark washed off on lagos beach, didn't people bring out their matchets to take some big chunks home?
We havnt heard of mass death since then have we?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
macklef:
Dear, i am not a vetinary census officer. You are only depending on what u have read/seen. People eat the Darnest things.
Besides, how many carnivorous animals do you know walk the streets that humans do not eat? The rest are preety wild/in thick bushes.all the same. Ask urself, why are carnivores not always consumed by humans?
It might be dangerous to eat some carnivore, but so far, i have not seen anyone who has suffered from eating dog meat.

I didn't see an answer to the question.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
oyb:

Fishes
Shark fin soup
Frog legs
Snake

I'm sorry, you missed the part were I said "commonly eaten". Sharks and snakes do not fall into that category.

Carnivorous fish only make up 10% of the world's fish species. Of those, the only ones that actually eat MAMMALS, rather than other fish, are sharks and killer whales. Which are, again, not commonly eaten.

Frogs are, again, not commonly eaten, but the only "animals" it eats are insects. So they are only carnivorous in the most technical way. They don't eat mammals or other amphibians.

So, sorry, try again.

Look, if you like to eat dog, no one's stopping you. But it's bizarre. There's a reason why humans don't naturally eat carnivorous animals unless they have no choice.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by PapiWata: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm sorry, you missed the part were I said "commonly eaten". Sharks and snakes do not fall into that category.

Carnivorous fish only make up 10% of the world's fish species. Of those, the only ones that actually eat MAMMALS, rather than other fish, are sharks and killer whales. Which are, again, not commonly eaten.

Frogs are not commonly eaten, but the only "animals" it eats are insects.

So sorry, try again.

Look, if you like to eat dog, no one's stopping you. But it's bizarre. There's a reason why humans don't naturally eat carnivorous animals unless they have no choice.

Miss Meiya it might interest you to know that in addition to snacking on dogs, otherwise known as man's best friend, quite a few Nigerians enjoy eating human flesh, which is available but hidden from view in Ogunpa Market, Ibadan and in Oyingbo Market in Lagos, where human meat is known variously as "Eran Oniyo" (Salted Meat) or "M'enu'mo" (Hide your Mouth), among aficionados.

Moving to the Cross River area of Nigeria, where dog meat is coincidentally regarded as a treasured delicacy, the market of Ob'Anang is a renowned outlet for both fresh and smoke dried human meat. Patrons to the Ob'Anang market generally walk about the stalls there holding very sharp machetes as they do their grocery shopping, in order to serve notice that they are there to buy meat, and not to become meat.

So, I guess the upshot of my small digression here is that there are far more intense eating habits practiced in Nigeria than merely gobbling down some dog meat now and then.

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya:

Frogs are, again, not commonly eaten, but the only "animals" it eats are insects. So they are only carnivorous in the most technical way. They don't eat mammals or other amphibians.

So, sorry, try again.

Just accept that different cultures have different attitudes towards eating animals. Just smile when you see 404 errors. This ain't the dog you're looking for
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
PapiWata:

Miss Meiya it might interest you to know that in addition to snacking on dogs, otherwise known as man's best friend, quite a few Nigerians enjoy eating human flesh, which is available but hidden from view in Ogunpa Market, Ibadan and in Oyingbo Market in Lagos, where human meat is known variously as "Eran Oniyo" (Salted Meat) or "M'enu'mo" (Hide your Mouth), among aficionados.

Moving to the Cross River area of Nigeria, where dog meat is coincidentally regarded as a treasured delicacy, the market of Ob'Anang is a renowned outlet for both fresh and smoke dried human meat. Patrons to the Ob'Anang market generally walk about the stalls there holding very sharp machetes as they do their grocery shopping, in order to serve notice that they are there to buy meat, and not to become meat.

So, I guess the upshot of my small digression here is that there are far more intense eating habits practiced in Nigeria than merely gobbling down some dog meat now and then.

I'm sure mm will be a prime delicacy with Americana flavor. Free range wink
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by PapiWata: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
oyb:

I'm sure mm will be a prime delicacy with Americana flavor. Free range wink

Ha ha ha Free Range Menumo. Say no more ha ha ha.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
PapiWata:

What does this have to do with anything I said? I never said dog is the most bizarre thing eaten in Nigeria, did I?

And besides, am I supposed to be impressed by cannibalism in my country? I find that more than bizarre, but repulsive and abhorrent.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
oyb:

Just accept that different cultures have different attitudes towards eating animals. Just smile when you see 404 errors. This ain't the dog you're looking for

When did I say the opposite? Remind yourself what I said, in the beginning, and since then.

Many cultures have very bizarre and morally questionable practices. What does that have to do with the original conversation?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
I said it before, and I'll say it again.

MissMeiya:

The only thing I did was disprove the argument that eating dog is like eating any other animal that human eat.

So eat the dogs, if you like. But it's not normal.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by PapiWata: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya: I said it before, and I'll say it again.

The only thing I did was disprove the argument that eating dog is like eating any other animal that human eat.

So eat the dogs, if you like. But it's not normal.

At least Nigerian dog meat eaters share their passion with the Koreans who offer various mouth-watering recipes featuring Fido and the odd domestic feline, but Koreans resident in Nigeria have shown some real creativity in their discovery of yet another culinary treat that even Nigerians look down upon with disgust, and that is your lowly agama lizard, often seen in social groups sunning themselves along the walls of city buildings. Koreans in Nigeria reportedly cook up the humble agama lizards into dishes that would be hard to resist in any fine restaurant, though I hasten to add that I don't speak from direct experience, at least not that I know of.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

they are different species...one is CANINE the other is HUMAN, not knowing the difference would be your downfall.
Now that you seem to act smart. Are cow and chicken canine? Please, stop begging the question. The fact that you couldn't differentiate humans as animal from dogs makes it clear you still cannot differentiate chicken and cow from dogs. I still stand by my words. Eating dogs is like practicing cannibalism.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Chinaimporter: 8:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
PapiWata: The man at least died as a hero among lovers of dog meat, known in his neck of the woods as "Ebuwa" meat. Matter of fact it would not be surprising at all if the victim of this dhoggie dinner comes to be remembered with reverence and fondness, as a veritable patron saint of dog meat eaters in Calabar, Nigeria and beyond.

This die-hard lover of dog meat did not let his enthusiasm to score a free meal of his favorite dish be dampened by the high risk of poisoning with the same powerful insecticide used to kill the dog he elected eat as "punishment" for bad behavior.

Well, all told, it is indeed a dog-eat-dog world out there, though I am, well, dogged and hounded by the troubling thought that the consuming love for one's favorite dish can in fact be a far GREATER motivating force for some special people, than the very will to live, whereby hard-core connoisseurs of filet-dogghie would willingly consume dog stew made from a poisoned animal, as a means of demonstrating their single-minded dedication to a cause.
Now that, ladies and mentalmen, is an illustration of true loyalty and faithfulness to a Higher Calling, literally to one's last breath.

Long live the Late Eater of Dog, for he is now at the right hand of God, devouring yet more dog stew from a golden, diamond-studded chalice, up beyond the sky.

i love your write up.....will u work for my company??
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
all4naija: Now that you seem to act smart. Are cow and chicken canine? Please, stop begging the question. The fact that you couldn't differentiate humans as animal from dogs makes it clear you still cannot differentiate chicken and cow from dogs. I still stand by my words. Eating dogs is like practicing cannibalism.

what kind of nonsense are you writing up here? YOU are the one who said that eating dog is cannibalism, NOT ME, bwaaaaaaaah! i was simply educating you that human species and canine species are NOT the same, duh!!!!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

what kind of nonsense are you writing up here? YOU are the one who said that eating dog is cannibalism, NOT ME, bwaaaaaaaah! i was simply educating you that human species and canine species are NOT the same, duh!!!!

That is what I said! It is clear in my post. Try to revisit my post. I repeat, eating dogs is like practicing cannibalism!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
MissMeiya: How about you look it up. Dogs are intelligent animals. Cows are not. Chicken are not. Just look it up. It's science. You accuse me of sentiment but just LOOK at your reply to my two sentence statement. Obviously you are WAY more sentimental about this than I am.

again, dog are OBEDIENT they sure aint smart.....but hey, they day you find a dog solving a problem then holla at me. dogs are as dumb as a cow....... but hey, if you spend enough time with a cow, you can probably teach it to SEAT, FETCH and ATTACK, lol!

Secondly, why didn't you address the carnivorous argument?

whats there to address? if you smart OR had educated yourself on the issue, you would have know that dog are exactly the same as PIG...which is OMNIVORE, duh!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

again, dog are OBEDIENT they sure aint smart.....but hey, they day you find a dog solving a problem then holla at me. dogs are as dumb as a cow....... but hey, if you spend enough time with a cow, you can probably teach it to SEAT SIT, FETCH and ATTACK, lol!
So you don't know how to use google, huh? Every single thing in this paragraph (and I use the term loosely), is incredibly false. This is guessing. This is opinion. Not a FACT that you can actually use your fingers and brains to research. So, sorry, don't try again.

whats there to address? if you smart OR had educated yourself on the issue, you would have know that dog are exactly the same as PIG...which is OMNIVORE, duh!
Did you just say dogs are omnivores? Have you heard of Google? It's a search engine. It's pretty cool. You should try it. Pigs are "omnivorous" in the way that frogs are "omnivorous". Because they eat INSECTS. Not other mammals. Good job at demonstrating your complete ignorance of life science.

3 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 03, 2014
MissMeiya:
So you don't know how to use google, huh? Every single thing in this paragraph (and I use the term loosely), is incredibly false. This is guessing. This is opinion. Not a FACT that you can actually use your fingers and brains to research. So, sorry, don't try again.

yet you didnt bring anything INTELLIGENT to debunk it? BWAAAAAAH, i suggest you keep using your sentiment to deal with the issue.

Did you just say dogs are omnivores? Have you heard of Google? It's a search engine. It's pretty cool. You should try it. Pigs are "omnivorous" in the way that frogs are "omnivorous". Because they eat INSECTS. Not other mammals. Good job at demonstrating your complete ignorance of life science.

see this person trying to act smart. ok, LET ME EDUCATE YOU: a dog is an omnivore, at least thats what they teach in veterinary schools! let me take it from a vet rather than from someone who has no idea what they are talking about.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: That is what I said! It is clear in my post. Try to revisit my post. I repeat, eating dogs is like practicing cannibalism!

bro, cannibalism is that act of humans eating human flesh......now, how did you come up with the fact that humans eating DOG meat would be "like" cannibalism?! are we now the same specie as dogs?! lol
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 03, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

bro, cannibalism is that act of humans eating human flesh......now, how did you come up with the fact that humans eating DOG meat would be "like" cannibalism?! are we now the same specie as dogs?! lol
It is time you start rereading my previous posts to understand the reason why I refer to eating dogs to be like cannibalism.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 03, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

yet you didnt bring anything INTELLIGENT to debunk it? BWAAAAAAH, i suggest you keep using your sentiment to deal with the issue.
Looks like you have a memory problem. I made the original assertion, that dogs are intelligent. Remember? YOU disagreed. Therefore the onus is on YOU to do the debunking. With actual facts and credible science, instead of your (unimpressive) suppositions.

I haven't introduced a lick of sentiment into this discussion. My argument has been completely logical from the beginning. You were the one who took offense and started frothing at the mouth.

see this person trying to act smart. ok, LET ME EDUCATE YOU: a dog is an omnivore, at least thats what they teach in veterinary schools! let me take it from a vet rather than from someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

Unfortunately for you, vets have changed their previous classification of dogs due to new studies of dog physiology. What school did you attend? They should update their textbooks.

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by kobonaire(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
Dog is Man's best friend, I know it sounds cliche but it is very true figuratively and literally. Please do not betray our best friend by eating him/her.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 04, 2014
MissMeiya:
Looks like you have a memory problem. I made the original assertion, that dogs are intelligent. Remember? YOU disagreed and brought your valid points to the table. Therefore the onus is on ME to debunk your VALID POINTS. With actual facts and credible science, instead of your (unimpressive) suppositions.

^^^fixed!
lol again using your sentiments as "facts and credible science".....give me ONE, just one credible scientific proof why men shouldnt eat dog meat. if telling us all that "dog are men's best friend" is your facts and credible science then i guess people who are eating dog and enjoying it, all over the world, are from mars.

I haven't introduced a lick of sentiment into this discussion. My argument has been completely logical from the beginning. You were the one who took offense and started frothing at the mouth.

sadly, the person who are here trying to impose their narrow minded views, because of their sentiments towards dog, is you. let each and everyone decide what they want to eat, regardless of what YOU or anyone believes. its THEIR stomach, THEIR appetite, and THEIR money. if you dont like dog, so be it DONT EAT IT, lol but stop trying to make people believe that eating dog meat is wrong!

Unfortunately for you, vets have changed their previous classification of dogs due to new studies of dog physiology. What school did you attend? They should update their textbooks.

just because "some schools" have done so shouldnt be a reason to believe that all have changed their +1000s of years stand on the fact that dog are omnivores... what you wrote would be as clueless as telling us that Lions eating human meat is wrong, while it is perfectly NORMAL.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2014
kabba7:
DID THE BIBLE APPROVE DOG EATING ?
NGWANS IN IGBOLANND EAT HUMANS !
WHILE THIER BROTHERS IN CROSS RIVER EAT DOGS .

NA WA FOR UNA .

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 02, 2019
Magical work you have here. grin
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by mekuxiani(m): 5:34am On Jun 14, 2019
purplesummer:
It's sheer wickedness for a neighbour to kill/poison another's dog, now his wickedness has caused much more harm than he ever anticipated.
Chai, Calabar people and J5 sha. I was nearly initiated intfo eating it
the dog owner was at fault why eat a dying dog
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by DelilahMakinde(f): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
But why on earth would anyone eat the intestine of a dog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Postinor 2 / How Do You Take Your Pills? (Pictures) / Genotype: Do People Still Do This In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.