Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? (3122 Views)

The Three Men (angels?) THAT Appeared To Abraham!! / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2014
Rapsainot: let me help the OP by sharing this This article is about an area of land in biblical times.
For the 20th century British protectorate, see
Emirate of Transjordan. For the district of
Transjordan during the Crusades.
source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transjordan_(Bible)

Thanks. This map I have seen long ago and any one would notice it is pretty much identical to 21st century Israel.

Israel never owned past this land
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by Rapsainot(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2014
Tolexander: bro! actually, world politics today isn't something one can absolutely explain using religious knowledge. If religious knowledge is applied, one won't have solid premise to stand on.

Biblicaly, the land was promised by God to be given to the Israelites i.e the descendant of Abraham. and they were given. The exodus of the Israelites started from Egypt, wandering through the present Sinai Peninsula. The then Israelites were dealing with God.

Suddenly, Israel as a nation vanished from the map and restored by the final action of the UN after the 2nd World War, 1948 precisely. Though before then, there had been Zionism i.e the nationalist idea of creating a jewish home that will liberate them from the antisemitic treatment, discrimination and persecution like it was in Germany.
The Jews were from different part of the world.

The today's Israel is a nation dealing with the UN not God as the then Israel. There are many differences

1 different origin and exodus: The then Israel had their origin from Egypt.
The present Israel had the Jews coming from different origins like Poland, US, Canada, Germany, UK and even South Africa. Definitely, there are different exoduses for them.

2 Different reasons for exodus: The then Israelites' reasons were to liberate them from Egyptian slavery, going to the promise land and finally to serve God.
The present Israelites' reasons were to have a home of their own where Jewish culture will be practised and liberate them from antisemitic treatment and persecution.

3 God gave the biblical Israelite the promise land while the UN interfered into the Jewish claim of palestine(seems to be part of the former ottoman empire then). Even if the Present Israel embarks on expansionism like it was in the 6 days war of June, 1967, The UN will still try to anchor them. Hence, the reason why they were told to release the areas of dispute claimed from the neighbouring arab nations.

[b]had you presented the map showing the territorial jurisdiction of the biblical Israelites and Israel didn't occupy the promised territory, we could then conclusively say YAWEH has failed in his promise.
in addition
Israel is the land promised to Abraham in the Bible
• Israel is central to the Jewish religion
• Zionism is a political movement to establish a
Jewish homeland
• Israel is a democratic country
• Israel is home to more than 1/3 of the world's
Jews
• 20% of Israel's citizens are not Jewish
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rapsainot: in addition
Israel is the land promised to Abraham in the Bible
• Israel is central to the Jewish religion
• Zionism is a political movement to establish a
Jewish homeland
• Israel is a democratic country
• Israel is home to more than 1/3 of the world's
Jews
• 20% of Israel's citizens are not Jewish

All points to what the OP is trying to verify.
Has Yahweh failed in his promise to deliver all the lands from the Valleys of mount Syria to Halabiye in eastern Syria
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by Image123(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
macof:

Pls shows us where God gave them the land he promised??
Old testament reference pls? Or any other authorised source for Jewish history

Jos 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by gatiano(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
GOD never fails in his promise, when HE says be, it must definately be 100,000,000%. however, you are wrong about the seed of abram. the seed of Abraham was to be taken into a strange land by a strange people to a strange people for 400 years and they are the "lost tribe of isreal". the so called jew of toady were never at anytime enslaved, they even told Jesus that in John chapter 8, the particular verse, i don't remember. The lost tribe of isreal are the so called african-american, the isrealites are the so called africans. now see google for the suez canal in egypt, you will find that in 1850s, the mid-east was seperated from africa by creating the canal, the excuse was for market and distribution of goods. well yes, but the actually reason was to seperate us from the both the holy lands, and the truth.

macof: Whats your answer? Has Yahweh failed in his promise??
The promise Yahweh made to Abraham in
Genesis 15:18-21
Yahweh made a covenant with Abram,..I
will give thy seed this land from the rivers
of Egypt unto the Great river of
Euphrates, covering all the lands of the Canaanites"
This land covers from mt. Sinai in
Egypt to Syria
Pls what happened to Yahweh that he has
only succeeded in giving Hebrews less than
30% of the land he promised??
Why are Hebrews not owners of Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria

Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
Image123:

Jos 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

Lmao now this is still part of what the op is saying, promises promises but no delivery

The Jews set foot in Babylon, Persia, Philistia, Phoenicia etc why didn't they claim the places since Yahweh has supposedly given them at the moment they set foot in it? grin

And btw ur post doesn't answer my question...I asked where in the Bible did Hebrews have the lands Yahweh promised

this land is from Sinai peninsula (modern Egypt) to Halabiye in eastern Syria

Look at the maps

Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by Image123(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
macof:

Lmao now this is still part of what the op is saying, promises promises but no delivery

The Jews set foot in Babylon, Persia, Philistia, Phoenicia etc why didn't they claim the places since Yahweh has supposedly given them at the moment they set foot in it? grin

And btw ur post doesn't answer my question...I asked where in the Bible did Hebrews have the lands Yahweh promised

this land is from Sinai peninsula (modern Egypt) to Halabiye in eastern Syria

Look at the maps

The context of the verse i quoted says "as I said unto Moses". There was a promise on ground to Abraham and his seed, and that was what was told Moses.

Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Gen 15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
Gen 15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
Gen 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

This was the promise, it was left for the seed to claim it at the appropriate time. What they claimed was the land of Canaan only, not God's fault.
Gen 12:6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.
Gen 12:7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there built he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

They seemed fixed on Canaan only while they could have had more.
Gen 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
Gen 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever.

This above again is the land of Canaan guaranteed.
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

God gives a start(Canaan) and much more. It is up to the individual to take what potential God has given. God for instance has given the land of Nigeria crude oil since MANY years. Why did Nigeria not use it until less than 100years ago? Is it God's fault? Why is Nigeria mismanaging it, i guess to you it is God's fault too. Man is a free WILL/moral agent and God appreciates us putting it to good use. God made us in His own image and likeness, not as robots that He needs to do everything for.
It is the same today for every man. The promises of God are abundant and yea and amen. Everyone is expected to tap into the vast and inexhaustible promises of God. You need to drill, you need to mine, you need to extract and refine the precious things. Today, God offers healing, salvation, etc etc blessings. Some people take nothing, some take healing only, some take salvation only. God has built us all with massive massive capacity.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he swore to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he swore unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not aught of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Like i've explained, it is a process. God gives(positionally), then you go and work, then God (experientially) gives. Observe the trend in the verses below.
Positional- Jos 8:1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:

Go to work- Jos 8:7 Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand.
Experiential- Jos 8:18 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Stretch out the spear that is in thy hand toward Ai; for I will give it into thine hand. And Joshua stretched out the spear that he had in his hand toward the city.
Jos 8:26 For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai.

That's the way these things work basically, except of course you are not interested in understanding or growing in the knowledge of God.
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by solotutu(m): 3:48am On Sep 17, 2014
Egypt to Syria

deuteronomy has all d answers ure looking for.

Rem the song of Moses? His farewell message to Israel?

He prophesied alot that is going to happen to them for real. Some othere were based on conditions(mount ebal and gerizim)

one of such prophecy is that if they sinned against God, he'l deliver them to their enemies who will drive them out of their land, etc. Thats the simple answer. Prophecies are too powerful to ignore. They are accurate as well- thats true prophecy! After the millenia, they'l get it all back and nations will bring tithes to them
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Image123:

The context of the verse i quoted says "as I said unto Moses". There was a promise on ground to Abraham and his seed, and that was what was told Moses.

Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Gen 15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
Gen 15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
Gen 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

This was the promise, it was left for the seed to claim it at the appropriate time. What they claimed was the land of Canaan only, not God's fault.
Gen 12:6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.
Gen 12:7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there built he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

They seemed fixed on Canaan only while they could have had more.
Gen 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
Gen 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever.

This above again is the land of Canaan guaranteed.
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

God gives a start(Canaan) and much more. It is up to the individual to take what potential God has given. God for instance has given the land of Nigeria crude oil since MANY years. Why did Nigeria not use it until less than 100years ago? Is it God's fault? Why is Nigeria mismanaging it, i guess to you it is God's fault too. Man is a free WILL/moral agent and God appreciates us putting it to good use. God made us in His own image and likeness, not as robots that He needs to do everything for.
It is the same today for every man. The promises of God are abundant and yea and amen. Everyone is expected to tap into the vast and inexhaustible promises of God. You need to drill, you need to mine, you need to extract and refine the precious things. Today, God offers healing, salvation, etc etc blessings. Some people take nothing, some take healing only, some take salvation only. God has built us all with massive massive capacity.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he swore to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he swore unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not aught of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Like i've explained, it is a process. God gives(positionally), then you go and work, then God (experientially) gives. Observe the trend in the verses below.
Positional- Jos 8:1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:

Go to work- Jos 8:7 Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand.
Experiential- Jos 8:18 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Stretch out the spear that is in thy hand toward Ai; for I will give it into thine hand. And Joshua stretched out the spear that he had in his hand toward the city.
Jos 8:26 For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai.

That's the way these things work basically, except of course you are not interested in understanding or growing in the knowledge of God.

grin grin good one...but you are a criminal I tell u

So now you shift the blame to the Israelites?

Prophecy is prophecy, promise is promise

God promised a land, but the people never got it

It's that simple

1 Like

Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
solotutu: deuteronomy has all d answers ure looking for.

Rem the song of Moses? His farewell message to Israel?

He prophesied alot that is going to happen to them for real. Some othere were based on conditions(mount ebal and gerizim)

one of such prophecy is that if they sinned against God, he'l deliver them to their enemies who will drive them out of their land, etc. Thats the simple answer. Prophecies are too powerful to ignore. They are accurate as well- thats true prophecy! After the millenia, they'l get it all back and nations will bring tithes to them

Pls show us where God gave them the land in question

That's what the thread is about
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by urheme: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
Egypt to Syria

grin grin grin grin
Abeg op, na who yahweh come assign nigeria to, make i know were i stand.
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
macof:

grin grin good one...but you are a criminal I tell u

So now you shift the blame to the Israelites?

Prophecy is prophecy, promise is promise

God promised a land, but the people never got it

It's that simple

So, i take it you're not interested in growing in your knowledge of God.
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
urheme:
grin grin grin grin
Abeg op, na who yahweh come assign nigeria to, make i know were i stand.

as for we Yorubas, Yahweh no assign anything

Olodumare through the Orisha did

1 Like

Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by Timothy3113(m): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2014
macof:

as for we Yorubas, Yahweh no assign anything

Olodumare through the Orisha did
. Guy Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by macof(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Timothy3113: . Guy Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Precisely what you should know - The truth

Which is that Yahweh has no power outside Canaan
He couldn't even give his power the Whole land of Canaan as he promised
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by absoluteSuccess: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2022
Psalms 10:1-18 (KJV)

Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?

The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.

For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.

He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.

He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.

He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.
Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.

Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.
Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless.

Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.

The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.
LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.
Re: Did Yahweh fail in his Promise To Abraham? by absoluteSuccess: 5:49am On Sep 12, 2022
The oo is not into this just for the face value of it. He kills for his believes and hunt down his targets relentlessly.

Please children of God, continue to intercede for me, so I can survive his cunning manhunt for me.

This man completely brought down my business and is yet to stop, his dogs are presently asking me why I'm no longer in business.

That's after they squeezed life out of it and made me pass through harrowing experience with piles of debts and uncertainty and shadow of death.

But thanks to Yahweh, I'm still alive in spite of all his has been doing till the present.

God bless us all.

https://www.nairaland.com/6799438/macof-after-life/4#up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. / Respecting Religions / Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.