Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! (63055 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by oyeludef(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
LasGidiOwner: Its because you have no point!

Lasgidi is my inheritance.

mr olorunsegunfunmi or wateva you call urself, wats ur problem? dont u av ajob or dnt u av books to read. i can see u hav enough time on ur hand nd i only blame those who find it important to reply u. u r wasting ur life online if dis is all u come to do on niaraland . go to other sections nd see hw ur mates r closing deals worth millions of naira.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by blaxx: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
chelseabmw: Really nice...... Chinese have China town

Yorubas... (Nigerians)... Yoruba town

Nice move.... God bless us all
China town showcases the chinese culture and stuffs.
Youroba town will show only stuffs the yourobas have.
Youroba town is different from Naija town...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by blaxx: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nice...
So dem get money like this?
Why not do such a place in Nigeria? It'll help a lot, might become a tourist center too...

By the way, noise go plenty for the place sha judging by how peckham is.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Enahi(f): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
maxit2:

Ugly babe.
A nation in a nation ?
What do you expect? Ignore her jare,I doubt if She knows the meaning of Nation and State lol.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by iamord(m): 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
gatiano: Maybe so, no arguments, but why you need change roofs wey no dey leak? na waste of resources be that. quality roofing if it last 200 years is all best. so long it is not causing wahalla. only they should be adviced not to dring rain water falling out from right above it, rusty waters.

U have little knowlege on urban and rual planning.. Is it until zinc change color like your boxer you will know that u are supposed to change it

Besides all the buildings have to be bulldozed down.. They are too jam packed.. And scanty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by mightycrown1(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
Im proud to be a Yoruba.
but Yorubas should also contribute more to the nation's building by initiating programs that will improve
the lives of ordinary Nigerians, not only adding to the beauty of already developed nation.

God bless Africa
God bless West Africa
God bless Nigeria
God bless Yoruba Land

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
Wait oo!

You mean Yoruba is "taking over" developed world, while another is "taking over" third world cheesy Yoruba, the international champion grin
maynation: Yoruba is Taking over cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 2:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
They must add correct Amala joint, if they want yankee people to turn it to a mecca of some sort!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by gatiano(m): 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
i do agree with you, but i will stick with management, coating the roofs and maintaining the housing condition as a whole. you are also right about the demonishing of the houses and what not. i got some questions?

would you accomodate those that will lose their houses?
do you know how much it will take to demolish , then cater for the people?
do you know how much it will take to rebuild new housing for those people?
do you know that the leaders will begin to kill themselves for the lands that isn't theirs?
and again will you give a place in your mansion to house them pending the time they get their houses?

you are obviously good with urban and rural planning, but you are bad at human management and resources, and you don't know your government and people at all.

it is all clustered up. yes i agree. but will igbo allow yoruba to move into their land enmass, will the hausa or vice versa, will even the egbas allow freely the ibadan or will the ijebus allow, only lagos can, and it is all clustered up as it is. all maybe their is some place in ibadan itself, yes! maybe so, will you farm in the air or in the ibadan river?

like i said, you are right, but you need to ask all the right question.

what is with my boxers? my wife ensures i change them everyday! i am indeed very lucky. ja si inu omi jo! (jump inside river abeg).
iamord:

U have little knowlege on urban and rual planning.. Is it until zinc change color like your boxer you will know that u are supposed to change it

Besides all the buildings have to be bulldozed down.. They are too jam packed.. And scanty.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by jtroy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
oseiwe: Peckham is already a yoruba / Nigerian village, even the cops are scared to go there.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hater no1 here's chewed gum from a dog's mouth.
ZUBY77: Shameless Africans. Always celebrating useless projects.
How many British villages are in Ibadan?
If that is such a fantastic project, do you think you can beat them to that?

First of all, the Police, the army, the politicians etc will remain British. So you are only allowed to import your Ewedu and others.

Its a shame we celebrate running away from our ancestors. They must be happy wherever they are.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
The article already stated "Yoruba/west Africa, so I don't know what your point is.
Akdegreat: Nice idea, I just hope the britons do not turn this project into a West African museum.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
In my bed! grin
grin
MsNas: Where is shymexx? grin
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by basty: 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
proudly Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
We already have that in the USA.
slap1: Yoruba Village... I thought it'll be mud and thatch houses.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
whitecat007: The article already stated "Yoruba/west Africa, so I don't know what your point is.

Did the article state museum?
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by NobleG1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
Why not call it Nigerian Village?
Yorubas and thier st*upid tribalistic mentality amaze me.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
Show us anywhere in the world where igbos have even done anything close to this, and with pictures please. If you fail to show it, then you should bow your jealous never-do-well soul in shame.
muchyblink: Hmmmm, so yoruba can do a thing like dis. Thought only Igbos do dis. Then why are yorubas hating on d Igbos just because of Lagos?
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Right!

Yoruba has been setting the standard before the foundation of Nigeria.
focus7: Look dis will soon become a standard for competition for tribes, just watch.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
You better wake up and stop deceiving yourself, the whole world knows we are not one. Different culture, ancestry and way of life.
heavenmade: It is a good move but not the best. I would have prefered a Nigeria Town anyway...we should not always show the world that we are not one in this country
NB : I am a typical yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by iamord(m): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
mightycrown1: Im proud to be a Yoruba.
but Yorubas should also contribute more to the nation's building by initiating programs that will improve
the lives of ordinary Nigerians, not only adding to the beauty of already developed nation.

God bless Africa
God bless West Africa
God bless Nigeria
God bless Yoruba Land

Already developed nation
Youu need skay cos it seems u r not seeing clearly!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by haryomikun(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Omo iya, wa gbayi
Ibile is taking over cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
You would say such because, your tribe isn't the one celebrated here. I'm sure you are a die hard tribalist in reality. Abeg take your envy medicine.
maxit2: Would have made more sense if it was Nigerian village as we have china town.
Being that it only represents a tiny tribe. Please dis does not concern the rest of us that sees ourselves only as Nigerians
I'd say you tiny people stop disrespecting our common language (English) and celebrate your virtual conquest using yoruba language.
This thread shouldn't be written in English.

Little people
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by haryomikun(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
ismokeweed: I honestly don't give a fucck.
Yeahh. Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ re not supposed 2 give a fucck.
Seeing as the weed Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ smoke has affected your brain.
Attention please Nairalanders! Am the first person ЂΕ̲̣̣̣̥я̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ in the history of NL †̥Φ quote a madman! grin cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by fightforchange1(f): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2014

there's. a.Lot of yoruba desecrndents worldwide.....alot..largest tribe

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by fightforchange1(f): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Brazil, Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica. N America....

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Vicjustice: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
oseiwe: Peckham is already a yoruba / Nigerian village, even the cops are scared to go there.
[size=15pt]It is a shame to see how many LIKES that this unreasonable comment is generating from apparent Yorubas themselves: a comment that suggests that the Yorubas are ungovernable. If the build-up of a Yoruba village means a terrifying thing for the Police, what does that say of the Yoruba people?
I am neither Yoruba nor Igbo, but I can arguable say that the Yorubas are some of the most tolerant of the Nigerian people[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by mightycrown1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
iamord:

Already developed nation
Youu need skay cos it seems u r not seeing clearly!

i can perceive that you are not dull; it's just that you lack space in your blocked skull where little brain can be fixed so that you can
have a little comprehension.
1. is the proposed Yoruba village going to be built in Nigeria or London?
2. is London developed, developing or under develop.
goat.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by haryomikun(m): 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
actYourDreams:

This is really nice. It will translate to a lot of developments for the yorubas in the rural areas of Nigeria and also the underprivileged yorubas struggling to be educated.
IF and only IF the funds from there are not meant for personal gain
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
And you will lose all your limbs this year if you are not Yoruba. Wannabe Yoruba arrsehole.
LasGidiOwner: We yorubas need to think out of the box! We are being too timid and lazy. Good a thing I am not from the traditional yoruba states. Lasgidi for live!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
You will soon be deported to your iboland soon, covetous basstard!
LasGidiOwner: Omo there is nothing to love about being yoruba. I am always ashamed each time I travel to our cities. Look at the above pictures and tell me if you are still a proud omoluabi? cool

Lasgidi is my inheritance.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by whitecat007: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
He's an ibo who wish he was born Yoruba.
TUNFOL: Only a fool will beleive that you are Yoruba. If truly you are one, your position gave you out as an omo-ale. You are busy feeding people with wrong info here. So you are so dumbb to know that what you posted is the ancient part of Ibadan? So you are not aware of the modern Ibadan? So yo do not know that certain structures are preserved for historical purposes. Visit any Yoruba Palace and yo will see the very old, acahaic architecture mostly preserved from generation to generation for historical and cultural purpose. Ladgidi ko, Lasgidi ni. So the acient houses in Ajegunle and the likes are not part of your so-called Lasgidi. Ani Oponu ni ee. Mumu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Queen Naomi Releases Hot New Pictures For Valentine (picture) / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) / Ooni Announces Discovery Of “mysterious Waterfall” In Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.