Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! (63065 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / What Does A Yoruba Village Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Btruth: 8:57am On Sep 02, 2014
mascot87: Yorubas rock anyday anytime......Haters can go & die

You mean haters should go and hang.......lol cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Dem wan change london skyline to brown roof aaah and IGBErizing in public undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by DonaldGenes(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
mascot87: Yorubas rock anyday anytime......Haters can go & die

Hehehe
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by hayoakins(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Yoruba repping.

#Omo_Yoruba_lemi_Oooo

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Enahi(f): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2014
InvertedHammer: /

It does not look like a village to me.

That is what we call pouring a cup of water into the lagoon.

There are a lot of places in Yoruba land that could use the edifice.

\

Don't mind them joor. The Brits are very smart Yorubas are helping them boost their Economy,the same Yorubas can't do same in their villages in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by litetias(m): 9:23am On Sep 02, 2014
PastorOluT: Good development I must say, and others should follow suit making sure this portray the country Nigeria in a better light as against all the bad publicity given to us which even most are exaggerated.
keep deceiving yourself that we're are not as bad as we are made out to be. When in fact we are worse. And you call yourself a pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by donnish(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2014
maynation: Yoruba is Taking over cool

TAKING OVER WAT ABEG....WHAT THEY SHOULD BE TINKIN SHULD BE HOW TO INVEST THAT MONEY HIA IN 9IJA...DY SHULD ALSO MVE THE TRIB TO LONDON NA MAKE WE HAV SPACE 4 9IJA
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by lagdmark(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Good idea, but why build in London when we have not replaced our rusted roofs with modern once in our cities back home
They say" charity begins at home"
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by maxit2(m): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2014
Would have made more sense if it was Nigerian village as we have china town.
Being that it only represents a tiny tribe. Please dis does not concern the rest of us that sees ourselves only as Nigerians
I'd say you tiny people stop disrespecting our common language (English) and celebrate your virtual conquest using yoruba language.
This thread shouldn't be written in English.

Little people

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by ChristyG(f): 9:30am On Sep 02, 2014
donnish:

TAKING OVER WAT ABEG....WHAT THEY SHOULD BE TINKIN SHULD BE HOW TO INVEST THAT MONEY HIA IN 9IJA...DY SHULD ALSO MVE THE TRIB TO LONDON NA MAKE WE HAV SPACE 4 9IJA
and who told u dey are not investing at home,just cos dey are not running to every region in naija like some hungry refugees d some people do dose not mean dey are not

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by ChristyG(f): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2014
maxit2: Would have made more sense if it was Nigerian village as we have china town.
Being that it only represents a tiny tribe. Please dis does not concern the rest of us that sees ourselves only as Nigerians
I'd say you tiny people stop disrespecting our common language (English) and celebrate your virtual conquest using yoruba language.
This thread shouldn't be written in English.

Little people
u must be an idiot,yoruba is not a tiny tribe but a nation.bunch of nitwits

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2014
God bless the yoruba race

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by ChristyG(f): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2014
Ije004: I hope the Yoruba inhabitants keep it clean.....if y'all know what I mean grin grin grin
yeah clean like d way abia is sparlking clean,even arthur eze testified to d how clean aba is.right?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Hero10001: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2014
*in Mays gilliams voice*
GOD bless Yorubas and everybody else!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by chuksmarvin(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2014
If we could have investments like these in our home soil ...maybe, just maybe ....we could be the African dubai!
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by oyeludef(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2014
ZUBY77: Shameless Africans. Always celebrating useless projects.
How many British villages are in Ibadan?
If that is such a fantastic project, do you think you can beat them to that?

First of all, the Police, the army, the politicians etc will remain British. So you are only allowed to import your Ewedu and others.

Its a shame we celebrate running away from our ancestors. They must be happy wherever they are.
what of thoseplaces in nigeria that r named after some places that exist in london or those named after some british people.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by jennylove7575(f): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2014
What a bunch of wrong misleading info circulating in Nairaland.... Yoruba village in london shocked shocked hmmm Na wah...ok I hear. sad
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2014
Why jubilation on what is yet to be seen? Would been better built at oshugbo to make the sky line look good.
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by vascey(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2014
Fantastic idea...

It's good to take our culture to our people in the diaspora.

In fact, I hope this model is adopted by other African tribes.

A reverse cultural orientation of some sort.

I know the people of African heritage (and even the whites) there would, no doubt, be interested in knowing what the village is all about.

That interest would lead them to Africa one day

Fantastic concept!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2014
marauders oya start throwing ur bombs
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by maxit2(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2014
ChristyG: u must be an idiot,yoruba is not a tiny tribe but a nation.bunch of nitwits

Ugly babe.
A nation in a nation ?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by oyeludef(m): 9:59am On Sep 02, 2014
heavenmade: It is a good move but not the best. I would have prefered a Nigeria Town anyway...we should not always show the world that we are not one in this country
NB : I am a typical yoruba man
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by PenSniper: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2014
Systeme101: When wil wen stop fooling ourselves? and how does this contribute to solving the problems of an average nigerian?....dis is capital flight nd a shame!

Myopic jealousy. Go commit suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by semitunde: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Enahi: Don't mind them joor. The Brits are very smart Yorubas are helping them boost their Economy,the same Yorubas can't do same in their villages in Nigeria.

Well, here in Nigeria, you can actually still use this same sentence. You only need to replace Brits with Yoruba and replace Yoruba with any other tribe in Nigeria.

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm saying is also a sad truth.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Sixix: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2014
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by PenSniper: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2014
DikeOha882: Why jubilation on what is yet to be seen? Would been better built at oshugbo to make the sky line look good.

You belong to the old school - 7th century thinking, so your input is trash.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by PenSniper: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2014
donnish:

See a Nigeria reject dieing for Nigeria, anyway, keep dieing unsong.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2014
..and this is how they left our own yoruba cities to lie prostrate! My yoruba people have lost it!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by LasGidiOwner: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2014
...I sincerely weep for my yoruba people! Don't they sell cement and zinc in our region again? Below is our GRA in Ibadan! Smh

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2014
nice...
Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by mainman7(m): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2014
focus7: Look dis will soon become a standard for competition for tribes, just watch.

Yeah, going by history, the truth is that Yorubas have always been known to be pace-setters, deepthinkers and innovators. We've always been ever first to think of new ideas and innovate great things. Look back history; 1st Storey building, 1st TV station in West Africa by Awolowo, 1st University, 1st Skyscapper (the Cocoa House), 1st woman to own and drive a car, etc.. etc... The list is endless. Even now, 1st black African to become a Mayor in USA, 1st Nigerian richest woman in Africa, I can go on all day.... Yoruba, ever 1st never last. To all current Yoruba Youths pls leave no stone unturned to be the 1st and the very best in what you set your heart to achieve. GOD Bless all Yorubas world wide, AMEN!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Soon To Be Yoruba Village In London!!! by samuelfemo(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2014
maynation: Yoruba is Taking over cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband / Queen Naomi Releases Hot New Pictures For Valentine (picture) / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.