Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Lagos Made Easy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Made Easy (27043 Views)

U S A Visa Made Easy / Traveling To Canada & U.s Made Easy. / Travelling Made Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2014
Goodmorning and happy new month. Like the the title says, this thread is going to be our own local GPS for both locals and national and international visitors to lagos. I would start from popular cities in lagos dowm to the less popular, down to connecting streets. This would be an open thread so all contributions would be highly appreciated and also there is room for corrections to make the thread fun. Kajo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 9:34am On Sep 01, 2014
OJUELEGBA / SURULERE

ojuelegba is the center of lagos, you can access ojuelegba from 4 cardinal points, from the north; yaba axis, from the south; lawanson/ ijesha axis, from the west; fadeyi/mushin/oshodi-isale axis and from the west; stadium/apapa/lagos island axis.

When coming into lagos from lagos-Ibadan express and your heading to ojuelegba, these are your major stops.
Ojodu begger-ojota-maryland-anthony-paimgroove/onikpan-fadeyi-ojuelegba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Made Easy by mikeyj: 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good thread, quick question - Is ajah a good place to stay ? with easy access to VI? or please suggest somewhere nice with easy access to VI (not too expensive place though.) thanks
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
I would advice you stay in surulere, ojuelegba or aguda, cause u would be close to almost everything happening in lagos. And you could always catch a BRt heading to siemens, then from there you would find your square root to VI. And this route is the least traffic prone major route in lagos. That is when you are heading to VI in the morning but most times the return trip na always die especially costain sonw to stadium down to barracks to ojuelegba round-about
Re: Lagos Made Easy by mikeyj: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
kroomtravels: I would advice you stay in surulere, ojuelegba or aguda, cause u would be close to almost everything happening in lagos. And you could always catch a BRt heading to siemens, then from there you would find your square root to VI. And this route is the least traffic prone major route in lagos. That is when you are heading to VI in the morning but most times the return trip na always die especially costain sonw to stadium down to barracks to ojuelegba round-about

Thank you very much Kroomtravels , but what if im working in Lekki phase 1- is Ajah a nice to stay? i dont live in lagos hence the questions
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
mikeyj:

Thank you very much Kroomtravels , but what if im working in Lekki phase 1- is Ajah a nice to stay? i dont live in lagos hence the questions
Ok then Ajah is a better option

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Get directions to any part of lagos on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Made Easy by Chianya: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pls i'm on my way to the anambra state liaison office at ahmadu belloway V.I. Pls can you give me direction on how to get there from oshodi? thanks.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by mikeyj: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
kroomtravels: .
Ok then Ajah is a better option

Thank you.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 6:30am On Sep 03, 2014
Chianya: Pls i'm on my way to the anambra state liaison office at ahmadu belloway V.I. Pls can you give me direction on how to get there from oshodi? thanks.
From oshodi, drive down to anthony and connect the ojota-maryland-ojuelegba-barracks-stadium, climb the brigde - climb the 2nd bridge - on the bridge take the 3rd turn by your right - leventis - siemens - head straight to ahmadu bello road via the bridge, i believe you can locate the liason house after silverbird galleria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Made Easy by chynwagod(f): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pls admin, thanks for creating this thread. Can u pls help me with d directions on how to get to peace transportation park in ojuelegba from costain and d bus to follow. Reply asap. Thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 1:01am On May 16, 2017
Back to our thread
Re: Lagos Made Easy by Rubyventures: 12:43pm On May 16, 2017
kroomtravels:
Back to our thread

Please tell me everything you know about the area Odogunyan.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 7:44pm On May 16, 2017
Rubyventures:

Please tell me everything you know about the area Odogunyan.
not heard of it or you ain't spelling it right. Do you know a landmark close or around there. We can start from there
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 7:53pm On May 16, 2017
Lagos is a beautiful city and home to all tribes in Nigeria. Has so many mini cities and places of note like oshodi, Ikeja, festac, mile 12, badagry, Victoria island, Ajah, ikorodu, yaba, idumota, mushin, isolo, ikotun, etc.
This thread is basically related to living in Lagos, opportunities and suggestions. I officially welcome you all on board again. You can ask any question related to the topic and I would do my possible best to give you accurate answers with the help of other members of the thread
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 8:02pm On May 16, 2017
Mile 12:

Mile 12 is generally known as the food hub of Lagos and the countries food price meter. It's located at a strategic location in Lagos. When visiting mile 12 from outside Lagos this should be your route. You stop at ojota Bustop, cross over the pedestrian bridge to your left and board a bike or bus to mile 12.

Outside Lagos - toll gate - ojota - ketu - mile 12
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 8:54am On May 17, 2017
Oshodi:

This is the unofficial city centre of Lagos state, little wonder you can connect directly to oshodi from any part of Lagos state. Oshodi can be accessed from 4 cardinal points
From the north via mile 2 - ijesha - ladipo - oshodi

From the south via oworonshoki - Anthony - oshodi

From the west via ojuelegba - mushin - oshodi

From the east via iyana ipaja - Ikeja along - oshodi.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by Rubyventures: 1:36pm On May 17, 2017
kroomtravels:
not heard of it or you ain't spelling it right. Do you know a landmark close or around there. We can start from there

Its in Ikorodu close to the polytecnic
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 12:59am On May 18, 2017
Rubyventures:

Its in Ikorodu close to the polytecnic
ohhh, odungunya is a town in ikorodu lga, relatively peaceful. It is close to the border in ogun state and 15 km to ikorodu central . You can get a bus going to odungunya from ikorodu garage for 100 Naira. Like you said it is very close to the polytechnic.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by Rubyventures: 9:30am On May 18, 2017
kroomtravels:
ohhh, odungunya is a town in ikorodu lga, relatively peaceful. It is close to the border in ogun state and 15 km to ikorodu central . You can get a bus going to odungunya from ikorodu garage for 100 Naira. Like you said it is very close to the polytechnic.

Thanks
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 11:35pm On May 18, 2017
Lagos like its said is a land of varying opportunities, little wonder despite its constant traffic gridlock and hassles a lot of people still troop in on a daily basis. For the new comers there are different locations you can decide to perch your tent. I would describe It in 3 classes.
1. Lagos island
2. Lagos mainland
3. Lagos outskirt grin
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 1:47pm On May 19, 2017
Lagos island

Lagos island is linked to the mainland by 3 bridges.
(1) third mainland bridge
(2) carter bridge
(3) marina bridge.

Popular cities on the island are
Isale eko

Ebuta metta

Marina

CMS ( where you get the jetty, you board speed boats here to smaller islands in Lagos)

TBS ( tafawa balewa square)

Victoria island

Ikoyi

Lekki ( all the phases)

Lagos island has an higher standard of leaving compared to Lagos mainland and Lagos outskirts. It also has popular markets. Home to Ankara and lace materials.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 2:06pm On May 19, 2017
Lagos mainland

Lagos mainland is the heart of Lagos, with popular and populated environs. Anywhere could lead to anywhere on the mainland. Popular cities on the mainland are

Yaba ( technology headquarters)

Ikeja ( state capital)

Mushin

Ojuelegba

Oshodi

Maryland

Ojota

Ketu

Apapa

Ajegunle

Orile

Adeniran Ogunsanya

Lawanson

Ijesha

Ilasa

Palmgroove

Anthony

Bariga

Festac.

And so many more. Standard of leaving on the mainland is lower than that of the island but higher than that of the outskirts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Made Easy by Rubyventures: 10:11am On May 22, 2017
continue....
Re: Lagos Made Easy by kroomtravels: 4:26pm On May 30, 2017
It is been a while and if you are familiar with Lagos you would know you have to plan way ahead in Lagos, from going to work to returning from work, to going to the market to going to church and so many more.

So we would focus now on some markets and the market niche they occupy. Before I would do well to mention popular markets in Lagos and later on we would get to the markets one by one and how to access these markets both by foot, okada or motor grin

1 mile 12 market ( foodstuffs and farm produce )

2 daleko market ( rice market, foodstuffs)

3 Aswani market ( Tuesday market for okrika cloths basically)

4 oshodi market ( cloth material and China wears)

5 yaba market ( okrika wears, shoes, jeans and belt. Also curtain materials. Big malls and plazas also

6 Berger suru ( tokunbo cars, trucks, buses, equipments)

7 trade fare ( everything thinkable in wholesale)

8 alaba ( same as trade fare)

9 isale eko ( Lagos island) ( cloth materials Ankara, lace etc. Children's wear, kitchen and house utensils, provisions in wholesale)

10 idioro mushin ( foodstuffs, plantain depot)

11 ladipo ( spare parts of any type of vehicle, equipment, machine)

12 oyingbo market ( aquatic foodstuffs)

13 sabo market ( okrika wears)

Feel free to add other market and the niche they occupy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Made Easy by tabithababy(f): 2:27am On Jul 18, 2017
kroomtravels:
Lagos mainland

Lagos mainland is the heart of Lagos, with popular and populated environs. Anywhere could lead to anywhere on the mainland. Popular cities on the mainland are

Yaba ( technology headquarters)

Ikeja ( state capital)

Mushin

Ojuelegba

Oshodi

Maryland

Ojota

Ketu

Apapa

Ajegunle

Orile

Adeniran Ogunsanya

Lawanson

Ijesha

Ilasa

Palmgroove

Anthony

Bariga

Festac.

And so many more. Standard of leaving on the mainland is lower than that of the island but higher than that of the outskirts

nice thread. what of lagos outshirts kiss
Re: Lagos Made Easy by UcGadaz(m): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2017
Please how can I connect from Sangotedo Lekki to LASU Anthony campus by public transport. Fastest route please.
Re: Lagos Made Easy by latinahola: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
tabithababy:

nice thread. what of lagos outshirts kiss

Please how can I get to civic center ozumba mbadiwe Ave opposite 1009 Victoria island from ikorodu using public transportation
Re: Lagos Made Easy by latinahola: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
kroomtravels:
It is been a while and if you are familiar with Lagos you would know you have to plan way ahead in Lagos, from going to work to returning from work, to going to the market to going to church and so many more.

So we would focus now on some markets and the market niche they occupy. Before I would do well to mention popular markets in Lagos and later on we would get to the markets one by one and how to access these markets both by foot, okada or motor grin

1 mile 12 market ( foodstuffs and farm produce )

2 daleko market ( rice market, foodstuffs)

3 Aswani market ( Tuesday market for okrika cloths basically)

4 oshodi market ( cloth material and China wears)

5 yaba market ( okrika wears, shoes, jeans and belt. Also curtain materials. Big malls and plazas also

6 Berger suru ( tokunbo cars, trucks, buses, equipments)

7 trade fare ( everything thinkable in wholesale)

8 alaba ( same as trade fare)

9 isale eko ( Lagos island) ( cloth materials Ankara, lace etc. Children's wear, kitchen and house utensils, provisions in wholesale)

10 idioro mushin ( foodstuffs, plantain depot)

11 ladipo ( spare parts of any type of vehicle, equipment, machine)

12 oyingbo market ( aquatic foodstuffs)

13 sabo market ( okrika wears)

Feel free to add other market and the niche they occupy

Please how can I get to civic center ozumba mbadiwe Ave opposite 1009 Victoria island from ikorodu using public transportation
Re: Lagos Made Easy by Rubyventures: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2017
latinahola:

Please someone should answer this now! Where are the Lagosians?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrible Accident At Ugwu Nwasike Ogidi, Anambra (PHOTOS) / My Parents Waiting To Sell South African Properties "17year Old Returnee" / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.