Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Reacher And The Settler. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Reacher And The Settler. (785 Views)

Are You The Reacher Or The Settler In Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reacher And The Settler. by deebee13(f): 9:32am On Sep 01, 2014
I watched a movie(How I met your mother) sometime back. And in that movie there was an argument about who is the reacher and who is the settler in a particular relationship. Then I realised, there actually must be a reacher and a settler in every relationship to have a scale of balance. Since there can't be two alpha-dogs in a relationship!

The settler is the "alpha-dog", which means he/she settles for someone who might be considered as below their standard. He/she is never jealous or worried about the partner cheating or leaving the relationship, cos they believe they are the best their partner can ever get.

While the reacher is the one who is desperately seeking to please the partner, do everything to keep him /her. They can also be less attractive in features. And they consider themselves lucky to have their settler-partner, de do everything to make sure the relationship stays.

I don't think it's a matter up for discussion in a relationship,cos it can cause kasala! So just assess your relationship and decide for yourself, who is the reacher and the settler. So that you don't keep doing yanga until your settler leaves you. And if you're the settler, try not to lord it over your reacher!

3 Likes

Re: The Reacher And The Settler. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
#My_Charity_Comment grin
Re: The Reacher And The Settler. by Infomizer(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2015
HIMYM - One of the most hilarious TV series I've ever seen. Second only to The Big Bang Theory...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders. Pls, Is This Possible ? / This Girl Broke Into A Mans House And Raped Him / Should Wooing A Lady Be More Than This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.