Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test (31541 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Pwc/shl TESTS-4 Techniques Used By Top Scorers On Aptitude Tests (PREP MATERIAL) / Unilever Kenexa Numerical Reasoning Sample Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Marvin67: 7:09am On Sep 03, 2014
God bless you my man. Please it would be better if you type the questions. Cos the questions are not too clear from the diagram. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:13am On Sep 03, 2014
INFERENCE

You should now realize y most of the job test agencies give little time aptitude test. They don’t expect u to use the Normal Method to solve always hence the test time is actually being justified. Just look at the option. 6/35 = 0.171 in fact correspond to (17/91) = 0.171 as opposed to 0.169 we got using the Normal Method. This evidently tells you the solving style they hope you will use.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2014
From the attached

NORMAL METHOD

Add the total number of Lingerie sales:

6258 + 5987 + 7548 +6794 + 9874 = 36461

Then calculate the total number of sales in the table:

6258 + 5987 + 7548 +6794 + 9874 + 1354 + 4512 + 7894 + 2365 + 6589 + 4785 + 6587 + 3564 + 1247 + 5897 + 3254 + 1254 + 7894 + 5658 + 5655 +7854 + 5648 + 8999 + 7844 + 6542 = 141857

Lingerie Portion is: 36461/141857 = 0.257
which is the closest to (1/4)

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:33am On Sep 03, 2014
SHORTCUT METHOD

Of course, everyone understands this approach now.

Add the total number of Lingerie sales:

6 + 6 + 8 +7 + 9 = 36

Then calculate the total number of sales in the table:

6 + 6 + 8 +7 + 9 + 1 + 5 +8 + 2 + 6 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 8 + 6 + 6 + 8 + 6 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 142

Lingerie Portion is: 36/142 = 0.2535 which is the closest to (1/4)

8 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:42am On Sep 03, 2014
INFERENCE

Imagine you solving this using the Normal method with no calculator. Will one decipher it? But with shortcut method, we can calculate this less than one minute with no calculator. Remarkable!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2014
DMainMan, i remove cap for you. please o, what if a question comes with an approach different from all these?

6 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Acedude: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2014
This is absolutely amazing DMainMan! Thank you for this. No doubt Shl questions can sometimes be a hard nut to chew but the simple steps you outlined here can make it a piece of cake.lol..
(I noticed some approximations were not made to the nearest highest num(e.g you apprx. 6589 to 6 and not 7 in the lingerie question) or it doesn't matter?)

Kudos to you!

7 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Acedude: This is absolutely amazing DMainMan! Thank you for this. No doubt Shl questions can sometimes be a hard nut to chew but the simple steps you outlined here can make it a piece of cake.lol..
(I noticed some approximations were not made to the nearest highest num(e.g you apprx. 6589 to 6 and not 7 in the lingerie question) or it doesn't matter?)

Kudos to you!

Thanks for ur observation but it doesnt affect the final result. Take care

1 Like

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
From the attached

NORMAL METHOD

From the question, we are considering 2007. First Determine the Population in 2007.
Population in 2007 = Nominal GDP / GDP Per Capita (GDP / Population)
= $1049.5 billion / $22188
= 47300 billion people

Employment to Population ratio = 65.8%
Employed Person therefore is = 47300 * (65.8 / 100) = 31123.4 billion people
GDP Share = Nominal GDP = $1049.5 billion
Employed Person = 31123.4

GDP Share Per Employed Person is = $1049.5 billion / 31123.4
= $33720

1 Like

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
SHORTCUT METHOD

In 2007, GDP Per Capita (GDP / Population) = $22188. In 2007, Employment to Population ratio: (Working Population / Total Population) = 65.8%

Therefore, GDP Share Per Employed Person is GDP Per Capita/ Employment to Population ratio = $22188 / 65.8% = $33720

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
INFERENCE

Wow! with the shortcut method, I can calculate this problem under 10 seconds. Absolutely fantastic. Note how I deduce the above shortcut technique:

From the table, GDP Per Capita is also (GDP / Total Population)

Employment to Population ratio is also (Working Population / Total Population)

When you divide, Population will cancel Population resulting to (GDP/ Working Population).We all know the Working Population of a country are the Employed Persons.

6 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
To cut it short, this is where I will end my write up. I am sure one of us must have gained one or two things. Just master any technique that suits u to b quick and accurate.

Well, u must have noticed some people finishing numerical test easily and going back through them when one is still busy racking his/her brain.

They are not really genius and intelligent per say as you can be better than them. But they did what you haven’t thought of doing:

THEY MASTERED THE SHORTCUT TECHNIQUES

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
DMainMan: To cut it short, this is where I will end my write up. I am sure one of us must have gained one or two things. Just master any technique that suits u to b quick and accurate.

Well, u must have noticed some people finishing numerical test easily and going back through them when one is still busy racking his/her brain.

They are not really genius and intelligent per say as you can be better than them. But they did what you haven’t thought of doing:

THEY MASTERED THE SHORTCUT TECHNIQUES

Gracis

4 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by DMainMan: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
Meanwhile, for those interested in Scholarship, Internship and other Empowerment opportunity, visit:

DMainManFoundation Facebook home and like the page :
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1434193113506163&_rdr

CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY

University of Cambridge Scholarship, PRESSID Nigeria Scholarship (For First Class Graduate) etc. Go to the above DMainMan Foundation facebook link and follow through to apply.

Also, like the page to always benefit from important updates.

DMainMan Foundation wishes you all success in your endeavours InshaALLAH.

7 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2014
DMainMan: DMainMan Foundation Presents "Shortcut techniques in solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical Reasoning test" for Allah's sake.

For more updates, visit on Scholarship, Internship and other Empowerment Opportunity, visit:

Go to DMainMan Foundation Facebook homepage and Click on Like to benefit:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1434193113506163&_rdr

Tks bro. May ALLAH reward u

9 Likes

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Lero15(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2014
usqoh:

Shut up Miss. I know him personally so that was why I said he should send to my email. And who told u am unemployed? You just like disturbing me. Or do you like me?
she likes you?? No be that one, bro. That email u dropped wld make others start dropping theirs, thereby causing derailing. Besides, dmainman stated that dropping of email wasn't necessary.
If u truly know him personally, then u shd av PM'd him.

1 Like

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
Lero15: she likes you?? No be that one, bro. That email u dropped wld make others start dropping theirs, thereby causing derailing. Besides, dmainman stated that dropping of email wasn't necessary.
If u truly know him personally, then u shd av PM'd him.
Thank you cool.... wasn't even going to give him a response. ... xup with you? smiley
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Woww... You did great Dmainman. , learnt alot cool cool
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by youngwolf(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is the class I need to join
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Lero15(m): 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
MarvellousGod: Thank you cool.... wasn't even going to give him a response. ... xup with you? smiley
I'm good jare. Hope ur fine too?
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
Lero15: I'm good jare. Hope ur fine too?
yea... smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
MarvellousGod: yea... smiley smiley smiley

I'm fine too grin
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by oladayo042: 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
@DMainMan
Thanks. I hope others too can share their 'shortcut' methods for solving numerical questions. I will also share mine in this thread when I lay my hands on my GMAT textbook.

1 Like

Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
Three7Ty9:

I'm fine too grin
cool cool cheesy
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Austindark(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
tanx man

but b4 u think of a short out of a long question in an exam condition, my guy na pens up o

is all good tho
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
MarvellousGod: cool cool cheesy

grin grin wink
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by youngwolf(m): 6:09am On Sep 05, 2014
I appreciate ur efforts D main man..but...am I the only one that noticed irregularities with the shortcut methods?...Don't u guys see there re inconsistencies with his approximation techniques. I'm jus saying
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by youngwolf(m): 6:09am On Sep 05, 2014
I appreciate ur efforts D main man..but...am I the only one that noticed irregularities with the shortcut methods?...Don't u guys see there re inconsistencies in his approximation techniques. I'm jus saying
Re: Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test by moshoodn(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2014
youngwolf: I appreciate ur efforts D main man..but...am I the only one that noticed irregularities with the shortcut methods?...Don't u guys see there re inconsistencies in his approximation techniques. I'm jus saying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV / Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.