Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria (68727 Views)

Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money / Hottest Ways Of Making Cool Money Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by frodobee: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
include opening steeped threads

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by hensben(m): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
keandre: no 11 : Payin 4 arsenal,man utd matches at viewin centres
*dies* cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by zicoraads: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
melifew213: maintaining a girlfriend in Abuja is expensive. anyway what do i know
Hahahahahahahahaha...true talk! That's why am stilll scared of sending a PM to cocoberry embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tochilastborn(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Paying T-fare for beautiful girls just to claim big dude

Buying anything for girls whenever they call me sweet names,(na dis one wreck me 4 secondary school)

11 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tokaiki: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Taking a taxi when what u can afford is molue or brt.

6 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by hensben(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
campaigning for GEJ last 3 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by CharlieMaria(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ramon92: Nairabet
5000 likes. I hate that with passion.

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by keandre: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
tonyx4x44:

you dey use cheap products

abeggii cd na 50 bucks

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
tonyx4x44:

mhen! how did you do that hidden text ish?

He made the text colour white

4 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Buying a matress for 25k when you can get a mat for N500.

Buying a fridge when you can get cold rain water for free.

paying tithes and offering when you know its a scam undecided undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
tonyx4x44:

mhen! how did you do that hidden text ish?

Used the color option and got the HEX value of the Nairaland Post Background and replaced it, that made the text blend Cool Hunh?

[size=28pt]DONT COPY IT, ITS MY STYLE angry angry[/size]

NB: Highlight to see Hidden Text

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tokaiki: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
Taking a taxi when what you can afford is keke, molue or brt. Stocking your refridgerator with table water when all you can afford is pure water or tap water.

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by CharlieMaria(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
hungryboy: Buying egg roll for 100naira when u suppose buy
20naira buns and 30naira egg
Stingy dude cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
@OP:

Correct me if I am wrong but most asoebis are wearable.

I would agree paying heavily for bridal train wears sha; they are rarely reuseable

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by keandre: 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
BUYING SATCHET WATER ,OR ONE BAG FOR 100Naira wen wit 5 or 10naira u fit buy 20litres of water

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by philclem(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
angry angry
WoodcrestMayor: cheesy
Your babe go like dey commot wit you for shopping o! grin
I SWEAR! But it doesn't go down we'll with me cause I can't say no to her when she sees something she likes angry

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by debicy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
Omexonomy: 11. Campainging for the wrong party in the wrong state with ur hard earn income.
12. Spending money on a woman u will not see her pants and for another man to marry.
13. Living in ajegunle or amukoko instead of living in banana island that is too cheap.

Am very sure you live in mosafejo ajegunle. Ode.

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by LEXYCOM: 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Buying lumia 925(single sim) for 100k when I can buy lumia 630(double sim) for 28k......spend wise.

3 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by lexrichy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
keandre: BUYING SATCHET WATER ,OR ONE BAG FOR 100Naira wen wit 5 or 10naira u fit buy 20litres of water
emergency emergency someone here needs help.

5 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tallesty1: Your NO.4 and NO.6 are just annoying.

These ones are minors but they still do count.

Paying Too Much for Smartphone Data subscription. Android users know what I'm saying.

Drinking too much alcohol every evening. Once you are high, you will start buying for friends. A drunk guy always appears richer than his sober self.

Smoking cigarette, this is just like watching your money burn to ashes.

Not bargaining enough to reduce cost, most people wey dey form big guys/girls are guilty of this one.
Bargain what? I hate bargaining in the market! It makes me shameful!

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by ochejoseph(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
bukatyne: @OP:

Correct me if I am wrong but most asoebis are wearable.

I would agree paying heavily for bridal train wears sha; they are rarely reuseable
You are right my sister but but one thing about ashoebi is that

1. You might not have the choice of choosing your material

2. Some materials Fade after the first wash

3. Its an unplanned expense and if you are a banker or you work in an enterprise that abhors native wears on most work days your wardrobe will be filled with clothes you may never wear !

3 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by philclem(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
embarassedPaying 150 for a seat in MOLUE from Ojota to IKD when u can stand for 50 bucks embarassed embarassed angry

10 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
Danelo: 1960 including all other betting organizations. Nigerians are so stupid, imagin someone wanting to win 8m with #100.
that's greed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
ochejoseph:
You are right my sister but but one thing about ashoebi is that

1. You might not have the choice of choosing your material

2. Some materials Fade after the first wash

3. Its an unplanned expense and if you are a banker or you work in an enterprise that abhors native wears on most work days your wardrobe will be filled with clothes you may never wear !

Well, if you do not like the material, don't buy (Easier said than done angry).

You can wear the natives to Church/Mosque or other functions.

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
tobechi74: Patronising prostitutes
guilty, are we?
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by robbase: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
or buying Samsung galaxy grand, for 35k to 40k, instead of itel it1500 grand for 15k that you can root and upgrade the internal memory.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by CodeineJunkiee(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
KillerBeauty: Eating in a fast food restaurant instead of cooking your own food

Your moniker contradicts you. What's killing here biko answer me. You don't even need to raise your head up grin Just keep it buried like that! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by playboy19(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
I wonder how you didnt mention the No 1 money wasting avenue in Nigeria, which is spending so much on "Fuel for generator" everyday. Imagine buying like 3-5k fuel for the generator in your office and at least 1k for your house generator, every blessed day of the year. Calculate this and you'd see how much someone like me is wasting every month unnecessarily. Plus i know some people with even bigger spending on generators. Depressing!

PS: I didnt even touch on fueling your car(s)

9 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by ochejoseph(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
keandre: BUYING SATCHET WATER ,OR ONE BAG FOR 100Naira wen wit 5 or 10naira u fit buy 20litres of water
Wrong ! The twenty liter might be more expensive especially if it contains Salmonella ,treating typhoid dosent come cheap

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
TELL THAT TO YORUBAS..THE PARTY FREAKS...THATS ALL
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
irunobo2:

paying tithes and offering when you know its a scam undecided undecided undecided
offering? scam....?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.