Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Who Is A Guy With Potential? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is A Guy With Potential? (33369 Views)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / How Much Should A Potential Nigerian Husband Earn? / Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by smudge2079(m): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2014
Who is d guy with d potential
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ololo12: 6:55am On Sep 03, 2014
DonCrust: A friend of mine busted into tears right in the presence of over a thousand students when his girlfriend told him she perceives a blunt future ahead of him and all these was simply because of a dinner gown. She eventually dump him via SMS about a week later.

Most Nigerian ladies believe that a guy with potential is that guy who can meet her present needs and as a matter of fact have a robust bank account as that is a guarantee for the future.

As for me, a guy with potential is a guy who documents his plans ahead of time and ready to do everything to achieve them, without compromising.

his vision but dedicated his time, energy and resources to achieve that vision.

Dump him because of dinner gown? ? I give up totally on Nigerian girls
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by scobaba: 6:55am On Sep 03, 2014
A whole lot of guys have lost their relationships cos the chicks don't see the potentials.

It takes the grace of God to keep a long relationship these days when one is not making progress financially.

But there are still ladies who would stay and encourage the guy who is making effort to step up even when the 'step up' doesn't look certain.

My case is always my example.

Had a six years relationship that suffered financial set back for the first 4yrs. Lost my first job in the bank, got another 6months later but still Could not find my feet. Being the first of 5kids and bread winner to about 12younger ones,(including 7 orphaned cousins), with 6 in the university, my 250k 'cool salary' was not cool enough...i was always broke before 20th of the next month.

It got me thinking if my girl would stay.

All that while I was gathering professional qualifications and a masters degree, hoping for something better.

Finally light came...got into oil/gas last year, the white interviewer said he never saw another banker with so much extra qualifications...'where u get the time', he said in pidgin. grin
So that was how It went and everything changed. we got married 8months after that.

Today when we talk about those times, she will tell me she stayed because she knew deep down dat the extra steps I was taking in my life would pay some day, but that she always prayed the someday comes quickly cos ladies and age are not friends.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 03, 2014
pickabeau1:
Potential no dey reach that side oo..lol
lols...i know you'll prefer when his pocket is loudably potential...you no wan follow fry akara.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by 2scorehigh(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy: A guy who smoke weed

Heyyy! Gawd!!! grin
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 03, 2014
raumdeuter: The girl didnt see in him what she was looking for So she left. Human beings are selfish anyway so I wont blame anyone of them

He too should try and make it, then raise his own bar too very high so that any girl that doesnt have such potential would be dumped even after introduction.

1000 Likes..
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by nathdim: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2014
As for me i thank god for my life my own case started wen I just got admission to the university my dad was a business man and i am his first son he was worried about his business because he feels no one will take over after he is gone but I thought about it i knew i had d skills so one day I told my dad I want to drop out of school so I can join him but he said no but I insisted two years later my dad passed away now am in charge of the company I have two houses of my own now am going back to school so many girls are giving me the green light bcus of my success

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by lacicrips(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
ihedinobi2: Potential is not the same as guarantee, it's merely resident possibility. And just about every man has it.

Please be my mentor na.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by DaWorshiper(m): 7:07am On Sep 03, 2014
cococandy: Some guys mistake potential to be plans or dreams. Hence a graduate young man hoping to get a job at Shell while doing some unfulfiling job will think he has potential because he's educated and has big dreams.

Potential is the guy who turns lemon into lemonade.

He's focused and doesn't waste his time regaling the babe with his 'plans' for the future.

He's calculative.
The guy who didn't get a job when he left school but his shop that he started with 200k is worth millions now because he doesn't mind traveling to the north or to Togo to buy goods cheaper and doesn't mind driving a keke napep to deliver his goods to his clients on time. Thereby creating a huge customer base and more success from his little capital.

Potential is not by mouth.
If you're driven,it won't be a secret.
I like you.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Ramanto(m): 7:08am On Sep 03, 2014
ismokeweed:
Who is this cow? De there. If you have a good job, are rich, and go out late, does that mean you have no potential? Any id1ot will just conment
Does being rich make you responsible?As regards all your insults,i reserve my comment.u r forgiven bt go sin no more

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:11am On Sep 03, 2014
bootstrap: All this grammar u guys are speaking and dodging the truth so u dnt cut across as shallow, God is watching oh

Who is a guy with potential?

A GUY WITH POTENTIAL IS THAT GUY THAT IS CURRENTLY FINANCIALLY STABLE WITH A HIGH TENDENCY TO INCREASE THAT FINANCE AS THE YEARS PROGRESSES.

In the current financial realities on ground, be earning, at the very least 150k (give or take), hv a job/buisness that can atleast double that revenue in say, every 5yrs ... oh, and I am refering to those under 30. The requirements change as the age increases.

Ladies and gents, that is potential for you. cool

God bless you! I don't know why peeps won't call a spade a spade!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 7:13am On Sep 03, 2014
marieolae: sick nd tired of men stero typing ladies

Why do you think he is stereotyping ladies
If you have read most of the comments here by the ladies so far it's about steady great job, money for transportation or recharge cards, or trading from Lagos to Aba.

It's good to be factual so that guys know the score and ginger themselves to face the task and realities

Money is the game..Dont hate that game

What is potential to you

Remember that not all potential is actualized

Also remember that rich dude one married may fall on hard times or die premature

Once again..what Is potential to you
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Input(m): 7:13am On Sep 03, 2014
ololo12: I've said it, time and again. It's a waste of time with Nigerian girls. I gave up on them decades ago.
Then I give up on your sisters and cousins.

You better not work hard and make it, keep on blaming your laziness on Nigerian girls

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by 1one: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2014
marieolae: sick nd tired of men stero typing ladies

Stereotypes don't come out from the air or just a figment of one's biased imagination.... Stereotypes are informed calculations and positions based on prevailing and dominant scenarios... In essence, there's a reason why a man would say "Nigerian ladies love money"... However much a stereotype it is.. At the very basic level it's true..so don't be sick and tired you hear grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by pickabeau1: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2014
fruqsy:
lols...i know you'll prefer when his pocket is loudably potential...you no wan follow fry akara.

Yes now..ladies no dey dull reach that side
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by chidekings(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2014
ololo12:

Bro. It's a waste of time with Nigerian girls..

Nowadays i got to agree with u
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Jesuspistol(m): 7:30am On Sep 03, 2014
Did you say she had done engagement with the guy? She will have big problems with her present marriage soon.

She shouldn't have waited to such a convenanting level at all. Her decision was late especially after collecting bride price.
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 03, 2014
raumdeuter: The girl didnt see in him what she was looking for So she left. Human beings are selfish anyway so I wont blame anyone of them

He too should try and make it, then raise his own bar too very high so that any girl that doesnt have such potential would be dumped even after introduction.

Pay back time..lol
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by DaWorshiper(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2014
A rich man is one whose assets are greater than his liabilities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2014
grin
A man with potential has a plan.

He also has empowerment to fulfill the plan.

He is obviously different from the crowd when you sample his opinions and idiosyncracies.

He has a strong belief system and he follows up on his convictions.

@OP while you might think I am kidding but that your friend needs deliverance from the spirit of "Arsene Wenger"

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by MissTeaseMe(f): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2014
Tallesty1: The guy has a problem.

Methinks a guy with potential is a guy who has set his goals and is seriously working to achieve them. It can be seen by everybody that he is relentless. This guys rarely have time for distractors(aka girlfriends)
I know people did not like your comment cos of the "no girl friend", but you are right to some extent. Yes he shld not have the "regular" type of girlfriend that bugs his life make demands, pressurizes him. A good girl friend is ALWAYS a good motivation towards achieving your set goals. Apart from that you are absolutely right!
Cheers wink

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 03, 2014
Ramanto:
Does being rich make you responsible?As regards all your insults,i reserve my comment.u r forgiven bt go sin no more
What concerns responsible and potential?
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by MissTeaseMe(f): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2014
lari03: grin
A man with potential has a plan.

He also has empowerment to fulfill the plan.

He is obviously different from the crowd when you sample his opinions and idiosyncracies.

He has a strong belief system and he follows up on his convictions.

@OP while you might think I am kidding but that your friend needs deliverance from the spirit of "Arsene Wenger"
I love this guy.
You said something very important there, a man with potential is usually not a crowd follower.
Love ur comment

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Nashville your friends stroy is a very sad one.

Sometimes marriage actually improves the "potentials" of BOTH parties and marriage is the catalsyst that actually opens doors to success. 2 heads is better than one and when you know that someone has your back, supports you, prays for you, belives in you, advises you, encourages you and the like, then you are more confident to go out there and give it all you have.

Today many Husbands and Wives are enjoying the priviledges of their in-laws & not their own potentials; Especially husbands, Many husbands today are working in places where their in-laws knew someone who know someone. So really their " reaching their potential" today was as a result of someone else giving them a helping hand.

Yes a lazy man with grandiose dreams needs to be run away from with speed, but generally speaking most people want to make it in life, its just that they dont have the oppourtunities and may need a helping hand especually in the envionment that we come from where jobs are few and unsecured small bank loans are not very easy to get if at all.

If Nashvilles friend had someone who could offer him a good job, wouldnt he suddenly be a man with potential?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by bootstrap(m): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2014
ThoniaSlim:

God bless you! I don't know why peeps won't call a spade a spade!

Just funny how we nigerian try to hide what we truelly mean by some statements like...

GOD FEARING: Dnt cheat, Dnt hit me, dnt quarrel back...and at the very tail end- go to church and no fetish stuff (except ofcause its very necessary. . undecided and most go together)
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ayando(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2014
What happens to a lady with a potential? Abeg,this time n age,is not only a man stuff Ooº°Ú Ú°ºoo. A person with a potential is the one who knows his/er worth, focus and has the driven force to pursue. You can't allow laziness both mentally and physical to be ur cloth. It is not about what you are earning now but about what you would soon start earning when you do everything necessary to improve on urself, living within your means and be humble enough to admit it. Avoid the need to impress a lady(this is for fake guys) or anybody and see how favours come your way. If you follow the precept of success, you will succeed with or without God. With God, the journey is easier!

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by YourCoffin: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2014
Here in Niaja, how potential a guy is, is closely tied to the number of digits in his bank statement. If a guy has more than ten million written on it, he has an overdose of potential. It doesn't matter what he did or doing or didn't do to get the money or if the money is actually his. I'm sure that if your friend had shown the lady a bank statement with ten million written on it, she would have given birth to their third child by now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by samuelfemo(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2014
ok

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Ephemmm: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2014
flyca: OP, Personal Experience.

Sometime ago, I started "seeing" one of my sister's old time classmate, an Architect from a Federal University, graduated with a good result and have a Master's degree, and with two year experience too. These were the sketchy details I knew about him before we started dating. So yes!, he has potentials.

Ok. Two months into the r/ship, I noticed this guy was broke, broke with the necessities of basic leaving. I started becoming worried. I lived in a city two hours from his, but he couldn't afford t-fare (not time) once in a week or two to come and see me. Calls nko?, na me dey call most times. Ok o. I was still on it.

Once, I went to his office see him, by the time I set out by 5pm back to my city, I drank a bottle of coke. Even the taxi fare to the park, he didn't give me. Hmmmmm. No need to say, I was "down". Another day, I went back to his residence to visit him on a Sunday o, I nearly fainted at what I saw. His room in the family house even had a leaky roof shocked

The one that broke the Carmel's back, was the day he asked me to transfer some call credit to his phone. At this time, I had completely lost grip!

So am I a gold-digger? Am I impatient? I'm I unrealistic or simply unreasonable? I leave the answers to you.

As much as having potentials is good, if its not translated into financial ability(lack of better adjectives), there is no need to bring out a lady from her father's house to starve her.

I understand your point here, but ladies have to bear it in their minds that men are finding it more difficult to earn a living nowadays. As a man, I have found a lady who have done that for me too especially as a fresh graduate without any job. The matter was so worse to the extent that I always go to sites then looking for blocks to carry upstairs in other to find money to apply for some jobs, but without any job coming forth.

In short, this ladies left all of a sudden, I was devastated and all my dreams with her died, but life goes on: it pains me to the extent that for over three years I avoid any other relationship and face my life squarely.

But all glory be to God Almighty who has changed my life for better. My work is Ok: my life becomes more meaningful, and my education is still in progress: but it alwlays pains me that she laboured but refused to reap what she has shown.

I met her by chance sometimes ago, and I offered her financial help willingly. She appreciated it but wept cos I made her to understand that a megre help like this was not my plan for her.

Ladies be more patient with guys please.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by Gynacologist(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy: A guy who smoke weed
seriously?
Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by UjSizzle(f): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Everyone has potentials, you just need the right resources (mindset inclusive) and find yourself in the right place to maximize what you've got. There'll be factors working for or against you, depending on how you choose to view it. After all we see some surfers ride the waves, and others get swept away by it. A measure of faith and support is all anyone who chooses to ride the wave needs. If he's one for pity parties and lamentations of how the universe is against him, well then.....

As for the OP and his friend, there is nothing wrong in a woman looking for some financial stability or whatever else she wants existent in her future. Some people aren't very 'hopeful' when results aren't manifesting within a given time frame. And of course there will always be stereotypes: men will be bread winners; women will have to battle with the biological clock. Society isn't always on anyone's side.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Guy With Potential? by ololo12: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2014
Input:
Then I give up on your sisters and cousins.

You better not work hard and make it, keep on blaming your laziness on Nigerian girls

Hey pendejo steer clear off my post... pinche baboso

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Help!! My Father Has Too Much Interest On Widows / Who Is a Mama's Boy? What's Wrong With Being One? / Blackson Nwanyanwu & Siblings Accused Of Beating Up Their Brother's Wife (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.