Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. (18916 Views)

Anambra To Begin Export Of Rice Soon – Gov. Obiano / Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic) / Enugu Set To Export Pineapples To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by OCTAVO: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2014
A good development!.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Kelly32: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2014
stint: 150hectares=880million ADDITIONAL investment?
somebody is doctoring numbers embarassed cry

Am not sure you read the post correctly. Please read this section below, especially the part in bold letter and reconsider your statements.

''The 150-hectare farm is a joint venture (JV) owned by the Enugu state government and Mexican farming conglomerate, San Carlos. Approved by the Enugu state government in 2012, the JV was established for commercial production of pineapple for both local consumption and export.

Speaking Monday’s state executive council meeting presided over by Governor Sullivan Chime at the Government House, Ugwoke said the government was considering expanding its agricultural business on the farm, as the council had approved the sum of N880.9m for the introduction of banana and livestock, particularly cattle''.

9 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by ekaeme: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2014
as much as we appreciate the quest by the government to expand its economic base, export of such raw material most especially food items is not progressive agriculture and modern economics.
kudos to the government if its real but it should be turned into finished products like fruit juice, candies and by-products for our local industries. with this they would have created proper jobs through industrialisation and promote sectoral linkages and look for export market in West Africa like South Africa is doing in SADC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Lilimax(f): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2014
guttentag: Ebola infected Pinneapple!! Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by motherlode: 10:03am On Sep 11, 2014
I pray ooo, bcuz dat guy in the pix with rain boots looks like the main farmer. cheesy
Hmmm, I think dey are planting to export it all by themselves, so who makes profit? grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by gunuvi(m): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2014
PDP. ... Power!!!!!!
APC...... Propaganda!!!!!!!
abeg o make nobody quote me o. na my personal opinion yours may be different.

5 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Lakayanah: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2014
Someone should tell the north that they so blessed with vast amount of fertile land that they should go 100% into agriculture forget about oil and bokoharam see how far they will get. I tell you it will be beyond their wildest imagination.

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by SailorXY: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2014
agriculture is the way to go cuz man must wack oo undecided
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by gunuvi(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2014
ekaeme: as much as we appreciate the quest by the government to expand its economic base, export of such raw material most especially food items is not progressive agriculture and modern economics.
kudos to the government if its real but it should be turned into finished products like fruit juice, candies and by-products for our local industries. with this they would have created proper jobs through industrialisation and promote sectoral linkages and look for export market in West Africa like South Africa is doing in SADC.
good observation but if you come up with a company that will turn it to finished product I believe they will sell the pineapples to you first and then export the remaining excess.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by youngguru23(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Waec Gce Physics Practical Answers
2014/ 2015 | Myshoolsinfo - http://myschoolsinfo.com/forum2_theme_111395442.xhtml?tema=7
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 11, 2014
ibkgab001: You mean that flooded airport cheesy
. Lmao!
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by chidooh1: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Other states should follow right now or forget about developing their areas.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by chuqudy(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2014
I never see pineapple chop talk-less of exporting.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by caesaraba(m): 10:14am On Sep 11, 2014
Very good development from Enugu state. Yet another victory for the Nigerian masses.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by nijanigga: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2014
When the kidnapped both the investors and all the pineapples they will comeback to their senses.
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by daben1(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
Thank God for this positive turn around in our agricultural sector, Nairalanders wanna become farmers now i guess!

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Okeikpu(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
Wisemen in da east....... Ds kwontry wud've been better than the most kwontry in Europe if the Wisemen 4rom the east were in control all ds wasted yrs...sad God bless d gr8 Biafrans.

10 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Truckpusher(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
guttentag: Ebola infected Pinneapple!! Rubbish
Enemies of progress.
See them grin

11 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 01emek(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
Keneking: Enugu adigo mmma.

Made in State House Enugu grin

Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked Great achievements shocked
My friend Jonathan had no hand in this! They said it a joint venture between Enugu state govt and the Maxican man

Nkanu adigo mmmaaa grin

3 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Truckpusher(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
nijanigga: When the kidnapped both the investors and all the pineapples they will comeback to their senses.
Are you insinuating that people shouldn't invest because of kidnapping?

You have to burn the entire world to get rid of crime then. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by daben1(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2014
chuqudy: I never see pineapple chop talk-less of exporting.
hmmmm, seems u don't want the economic growth of your country
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by obailala(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2014
This is very good news... Every time I walk into a grocery store in the UK and I see bananas with labels 'imported from Cameroon,' 'imported from Ivory Coast' etc, I just keep asking myself if I would ever see anything imported from Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by Okeikpu(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2014
Kelly32:

Am not sure you read the post correctly. Please read this section below, especially the part in bold letter and reconsider your statements.

''The 150-hectare farm is a joint venture (JV) owned by the Enugu state government and Mexican farming conglomerate, San Carlos. Approved by the Enugu state government in 2012, the JV was established for commercial production of pineapple for both local consumption and export.

Speaking Monday’s state executive council meeting presided over by Governor Sullivan Chime at the Government House, Ugwoke said the government was considering expanding its agricultural business on the farm, as the council had approved the sum of N880.9m for the introduction of banana and livestock, particularly cattle''.
The guy's an attention seeker....y wasting ur time.

4 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by chaloner(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2014
kunlesehan: That's a great innovation
dats great

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 100Cents: 10:29am On Sep 11, 2014
Sunnybobo3: More reason why a cargo wing is needed at the Akanu Ibiam international Airport.

Strongly Seconded !

2 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by signz: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
Bryan12: Those whiteguys in those pictures.Does it mean we can't plant pineapple without the help of these white guys?nonsense

My brother as silly as it sounds, it is unfortunately true. We can't plant pineapples in such huge quantities without the help of oyibo people. At least for now till we acquire the technical know how and corruption is reduced to its barest minimum

4 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by cliffm43: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
good news,,,,the new Nigeria is coming up soon,
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by chaloner(m): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
itsIYKE: I love pineaples,..but I hate peeling it grin
that's laziness

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by anonimi: 10:35am On Sep 11, 2014
I hope it actually gets started as planned and we can see pictures of cargo flights taking off from the RENOVATED International airport in Enugu. Those who have access to such pictures should kindly share on NL as a thread when the time comes so we can appreciate what is going on on the east side of the big river smiley

We shall surely overcome the enemies of progress no matter how they gather.

5 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 100Cents: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2014
ekaeme: as much as we appreciate the quest by the government to expand its economic base, export of such raw material most especially food items is not progressive agriculture and modern economics.

I hope you know that the joint venture arm of the business are professional pineapple farmers from mexico ?

Why all this long English ? Do you think running an international business is by English language ?

Or you reason they left Mexico to come to Enugu state to play ? Okay, since you have a juice factory, come and buy up the raw materials for your production.

Setting up a large business comes in phases, you don't have all the capital at start up. If they earn foreign exchange from their first harvest, they they can invest later in production of juice. Pinneaple takes 2 years to fruit to maturity and you don't want them to service their debts. You know white men collect big salary and eat a lot. Hehehe.

3 Likes

Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by gatiano(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2014
i never knew you'd notice, anything thing in nigeria o, bridge, road, school, well, transformer, now farm, very soon to cook, what am i saying like a fool, they now cook our food. now it will be like " they didn't do i complained, they did, i am still complaining" but if we are to look the world climate in this few past months or precisely in the last 2 years, GOD really favours africa, but see climate all around, fear go grip you merely looking up at the sky. it makes me wonder if africa is the next destination for all human. and they won't come to buy or respect the inhabitants.

Bryan12: Those whiteguys in those pictures.Does it mean we can't plant pineapple without the help of these white guys?nonsense
Re: Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. by 100Cents: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2014
gunuvi:
good observation but if you come up with a company that will turn it to finished product I believe they will sell the pineapples to you first and then export the remaining excess.

No mind the guy.

Arm chair businessman..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm / A Tour To Agrikk Matas Ede, Osun State / Ooni Unveils One Million Cocoa Trees For Youth Empowerment. Photo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.