Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,969 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home (25095 Views)

Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured) / FG Bars Corpses Of Nigerians From Abroad / Doctor Claims Corpses Could Be Revived 24-hours After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by whitecat007: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
I don't believe that Lagos is keeping that much in this ebola time.

They probably have ended in incinerators, and the "thousands" meant in grains of ashes.
lilprinze: 1000 bodies they should just cremate their bodies and shear the ashes to their families let them go and bury the ashes. We don't know what killed them we can't take any chances of bringing more Ebola into this country, we can't put many lives in danger because of people who are dead and have nothing to do with the living again.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by felifeli: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please tell Ibo people to stop dying in Lagos. Haba , see how everywhere dey smell.
Chineke God save us from these people o. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by tit(f): 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
DrDauda:

You are not making any sense; so if u were the bereaved, u will allow your loved ones corpses to be cremated, even when ðεƔ didn't die of ebola? I pity this generation of nigerian youths

one time i was in calabar, the people there killed a "witch" and refused to bury am. they leave the dead body by the road junction and it start to smell everybody. I did not pass that junction again till i finish my work in that town.
so if i die and you no bury me, no trouble. I go smell you well, well. and you know say i sabi smell.

For those who laugh my joke, you will live long.
Those who do not like my joke, just know that my great-great-grand mama is igbo people.

Miztyna;
God bless you double portion for enjoying my yoke.

20pounds;
you make me laugh fall down from chair

halfcurrent;
you are a true son.
I shall pray for yar thing to start working at full current this night.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by liongirl: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thurder fire ur mouth ewu lagos
tit: mayor,
make una just burn the corpses.
they will be a danger to public safety in the next one month.
you know this ebola spreads by geometric proportion.
one person can infect 20 people. and it takes about 21 days to show.
right now August nigeria has about 200 cases
by the end of september that would be 200 X 20 = 4000 cases (with 50% mortality).
by the end of October that would be 4000 X 20 = 80,000 cases
november is 80,000 X 20 = 1,600,000 that is one million lagosians!

by december, nobody will be able to keep count.
so now you have 1000 corpses, just make bonfire.
you can share the ashes.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by tit(f): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
liongirl: Thurder fire ur mouth ewu lagos

sisi mi, na fight?
if yar blood dey hot, we needs people at Bama.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by GboyegaD(m): 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
by the end of september that would be 200 X 20 = 4000 cases (with 50% mortality).

you can share the ashes.

Did all 1000 die from Ebola? Please be reasonable a bit and respect other people's traditions.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by susanbussy(f): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dygeasy: And very soon, the morgues would be overflowing with corpses. lipsrsealed

If we are really concerned with containing ebola, best bet, do an autopsy on each corpse and release to the family if it's a non-ebola death. It's no brainer. What's the point piling up corpses? Waste of space and resources. undecided

All these directors of this and that, I sometimes wonder if they're ever thinking. The goverment is just as clueless. Dumbos!

best answer to the problem.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by shiningsta: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2014

you can share the ashes.

Trust you don't read with your anus, where in. the statement did it say the 10000 corpses died of ebola. It goes to show how in a hurry people can be to display their stupidity. Don't worry its ur turn to lose an loved one and I advise you cremate the corpse. Anuofia!
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by DECOtech(m): 10:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
I wanted to ignore this thread but couldn't help it when I saw this
MayorofLagos:
Then his wife must go through the ritual of shaving head and when the body arrives and is washed she must drink the waste water.
Never in life has this been an Igbo tradition. Pls, always try to stick to what you know well.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by DECOtech(m): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Yomieluv: see your shallow thinking,
Whoever that's dead,is dead.
and most definitely has been killed by ebola.
A very deep thought of yours I presume.
Re: Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home by juwoonn(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
ifysimple:

Yea, i m an Igbo girl. I just responded because of the way he spoke of the igbo culture. I personally do not support the topic.
Nice.
I like ur way.
Make I follow u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Steps You Should Take In Case Of An LPG Cylinder Gas Leak / 6 Reasons Why You Need Braces / AS Genotype Couples, Please I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.