Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook (1795 Views)

Amosun Vs GNI, Ogun Tribunal To Give Final Verdicts, Gov Amosun On The Brink / Rivers APC Labels State Deputy Governor “Modern Judas” For Attacking Amaechi / Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Adrenaline123(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2014
Magistrate’s Court 1 sitting in Sagamu yesterday heard the case of Mr. Wasiu Ogunnoiki (31), who was arraigned for engaging in acts capable of denting the image of Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun on the Facebook.

Ogunnoiki was accused of engaging in acts that contravened Section 249 (d) of the Criminal Code, Volume II Laws of Ogun State 2006 by publishing on his Facebook account that Amosun demolished houses without compensating the affected property owners and in manners that could incite the citizens against the governor.

He was also accused of publishing photographs of All Progressives Chairman (APC) in Sagamu Local Government on his social media, claiming that the man, in conjunction with members of the Labour Party (LP), have concluded plans to sack Amosun from office before and in 2015 general elections.

Ogunnoiki, who is believed to be a commercial motorcycle rider, however, pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge brought against him.

Chief Magistrate O.O Ojo granted the accused bail bond of N400, 000 with two sureties in like sum and who must also reside within the court’s jurisdiction in addition to holding a landed property in the state.

The matter was adjourned till December 5th.

But he was remanded in prison custody pending when he meets the bail conditions attached to his application.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/man-remanded-in-prison-for-attacking-amosun-on-facebook/
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 7:57am On Sep 03, 2014
Ogunnoiki, who is believed to be a commercial motorcycle rider

Please when did PDP commercial motorcycle riders start having such information on politics? Information concerning the APC Chairman working with Labour Party to overthrow Amosun and even go as far as posting on Facebook?

All quotes without an answer to my question remain null and void
grin
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by scribble: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2014
not nice amosun
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2014
Don't even know if tis democrazy again... So we can't just try to express ourself again without being indicted

2 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by tomakint: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2014
So much for Janjaweedians, they can't accept constructive criticism but they know about destructive criticism undecided imagine this pathological liar of a governor tracing up a critic online shocked when I can't even count the numbers of destructive criticism and negative branding and labeling my amiable President, Goodluck Jonathan has been subjected to, but what did he do to them? He only smile and wave.......

14 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Collynzo16: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2014
That is APC for you.

7 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ola6: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2014
The sophisticated progrethieives of the APC cannot stand criticism yet they insult GEJ day and night. I really pity GEJ for not arresting Fashola and Tinubu. If those two were in his position, by now we would have had a one party state, all opposition aspirants would have been murdered or arrested on blackmail, all elections would have been rigged in APC favour ( that's only when elections are free and fair) and criticism on the social media would not be tolerated. GEJ please wake up!!!

9 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: Don't even know if tis democrazy again... So we can't just try to express ourself again without being indicted
defamation of character and propagation of false information capable of causing harm and loss to person/group of person is now 'democracy'?

Is that what you thought freedom of speech is abt?

You can say rubbish online, but don't say anything as a 'fact' if they are not!

Period!

4 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ola6: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: defamation of character and propagation of false information capable of causing harm and loss to person/group of person is now 'democracy'?

Period!

Therefore, GEJ has a right to order the arrests of Gbawe, Berem, Nkewu and rest. Game?!

11 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Tolexander: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2014
If this news is true, then where is the freedom of expression?

4 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: defamation of character and propagation of false information capable of causing harm and loss to person/group of person is now 'democracy'?

Period!
The bro didn't make any comment that could deface Amosun or his govt, he sed the truth and I believe he should be set free for trying to express his disgust at the way things are being done in his beloved state...

9 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:22am On Sep 03, 2014
tomakint: So much for Janjaweedians, they can't accept constructive criticism but they know about destructive criticism undecided imagine this pathological liar of a governor tracing up a critic online shocked when I can't even count the numbers of destructive criticism and negative branding and labeling my amiable President, Goodluck Jonathan has been subjected to, but what did he do to them? He only smile and wave.......
How does waving and smiling help in rescuing the Chibok girls?

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ola6: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2014
Tolexander: If this news is true, then where is the freedom of expression?

Asiwaju Personal Property, the APC does not believe in "freedom". Why should you be free when you can be arrested? undecided
I hope you can see their hypocrisy...

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ola6: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:

What does it have to do with the topic?

5 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2014
ola6:

What does it have to do with the topic?
Sorry I derailed. I just meant Democracy is not only about waving and smiling when insulted.

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by tomakint: 8:31am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Is that supposed to be a question? undecided so you expect his Excellency to put on Army fatique with his jackboot andfly down to Sambisa forest like a Superman to search for the girls when the soldiers are already doing that. If I may ask, where were you when some disgruntled elements up North promised to make Nigeria ungovernable should he be elected or are you suffering from collective amnesia?

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Tolexander: 8:31am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Please when did PDP commercial motorcycle riders start having such information on politics?

PDP trying to paint APC black since 1950AD.

All quotes without an answer to my first question remain null and void
grin
what is information in its real sense?

Do you think information is confined within boundaries in which only certain professional bodies have access to?

Information can be got from anywhere bro! Don't be suprised these okada riders may have more genuine info on politics than you, due to the different people they come across daily.

4 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by tomakint: 8:33am On Sep 03, 2014

Period!
See who is 'Lecturing' ........smh

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by stebell(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: Don't even know if tis democrazy again... So we can't
just try to express ourself again without being indicted

that is the kind of change APC is talking about. but on the other hand
they hav been saying poo about GEJ yet he didnt take any of them to
court.
I tell yu give APC a chance n they will first revoke the FOI bill.
change indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2014
tomakint:
Is that supposed to be a question? undecided so you expect his Excellency to put on Army fatique with his jackboot andfly down to Sambisa forest like a Superman to search for the girls when the soldiers are already doing that. If I may ask, where were you when some disgruntled elements up North promised to make Nigeria ungovernable should he be elected or are you suffering from collective amnesia?
Where were you were you when Azazi categorically stated that Boko-Haram = PDP. Maybe you're suffering from acute hypomnesia.
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Adindupeter: 8:39am On Sep 03, 2014
They are always the first to start but when PDP do same they will start crying to the high heavens. Imagine if one of these APC Governors where to be in the shoes of GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2014
stebell:

that is the kind of change APC is talking about. but on the other hand they hav been saying poo about GEJ yet he didnt take any of them to court.
I tell yu give APC a chance n they will first revoke the FOI bill.
change indeed.
I think GEJ is the coolest dude on earth, don't know why it is hard for him to av those morons arrested.. Those gays loot money so hard and at the end go free, say lot of jargons and dnt get indicted... Now an ordinary citizen tries to pour out his anger n u av him arrested n tried also... This country will never be handed to APC in Jesus Name, they will fail in all state...
I'm not a member of any party, but I dnt tink APC s deemed fit to rule us...

4 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Adindupeter: They are always the first to start but when PDP do same they will start crying to the high heavens. Imagine if one of these APC Governors where to be in the shoes of GEJ.
That will never, they will never take that seat of the president... The country will be ruined in no tym...

5 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by tomakint: 8:44am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Where were you were you when Azazi categorically stated that Boko-Haram = PDP. Maybe you're suffering from acute hypomnesia.
I was in Nigeria then and to you Boko Haram=PDP is more plausible than 'we will make this Country ungovernable for Jonathan' - Alhaji Lawal Keita undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by tomakint: 8:45am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
I was in Nigeria then and to you Boko Haram=PDP is more plausible than 'we will make this Country ungovernable for Jonathan' - Alhaji Lawal Keita (Arewa Chieftain) undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:46am On Sep 03, 2014
Tolexander: what is information in its real sense?

Do you think information is confined within boundaries in which only certain professional bodies have access to?

Information can be got from anywhere bro! Don't be suprised these okada riders may have more genuine info on politics than you, due to the different people they come across daily.
I'm well aware of that Sir. But if that 'Motorcycle Rider' had posted only about the demolished buildings I would have condemned the incumbent governor with digust. But posting about the APC Chairman working with Labour Party to take Amosun out of government. Be sincere coming from a supposed motorcycle rider, doesn't that sound like propaganda to you?
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: I think GEJ is the coolest dude on earth, don't know why it is hard for him to av those morons arrested.. Those gays loot money so hard and at the end go free, say lot of jargons and dnt get indicted... Now an ordinary citizen tries to pour out his anger n u av him arrested n tried also... This country will never be handed to APC in Jesus Name, they will fail in all state...
I'm not a member of any party, but I dnt tink APC s deemed fit to rule us...
It's a lie. You're a member of PDP for you to say APC will fail in all states. Some APC states are doing up to par with PDP governed states if not better. wink
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
It's a lie. You're a member of PDP for you to say APC will fail in all states. Some APC states are doing up to par with PDP governed states if not better. wink
I voted APC in Lagos state, and PDP for presidency... I don't support any party, I support the candidate... But with wat APC s doing, I think I will prefer to vote LP in next election....

6 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:55am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: I voted APC in Lagos state, and PDP for presidency... I don't support any party, I support the candidate... But with wat APC s doing, I think I will prefer to vote LP in next election....
The Labour Party as well as APGA were at the TAN rally in support of GEJ grin grin
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
The Labour Party as well as APGA were at the TAN rally in support of GEJ grin grin
grin grin then PDP it is....

5 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2014
tomakint:
I was in Nigeria then and to you Boko Haram=PDP is more plausible than 'we will make this Country ungovernable for Jonathan' - Alhaji Lawal Keita (Arewa Chieftain) undecided
So I should believe your story because It's more plausible? Good morning.
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 8:58am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: grin grin then PDP it is....
Haha...Deceptive man grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON QUALIFIER: Check Full List Of Players Invited By Keshi For Sudan / What Is Happening In Adamawa State. FG Please Read This Plea For Help / 'how Soyinka & I Set Up Pyrates Confraternity'- 82 Yr Old Prof. Awe Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.