Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook (1801 Views)

Amosun Vs GNI, Ogun Tribunal To Give Final Verdicts, Gov Amosun On The Brink / Rivers APC Labels State Deputy Governor “Modern Judas” For Attacking Amaechi / Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Tolexander: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
I'm well aware of that Sir. But if that 'Motorcycle Rider' had posted only about the demolished buildings I would have condemned the incumbent governor with digust. But posting about the APC Chairman working with Labour Party to take Amosun out of government. Be sincere coming from a supposed motorcycle rider, doesn't that sound like propaganda to you?
it may be a propaganda and may not be.

This is nigerian politics where everything can't be taken as complete fact or propaganda. Cos i believe there may likely be an atom of reality in all falsehoods and element of lie in all facts.

1 Like

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Haha...Deceptive man grin grin
But looking at the way APC been acting, tis discouraging to support them.... I prefer CAN to this APC thingy

5 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: But looking at the way APC been acting, tis discouraging to support them.... I prefer CAN to this APC thingy
Your views Sir, I actually prefer Military Rule to PDP. I miss sanity in this country.
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Your views Sir, I actually prefer Military Rule to PDP. I miss sanity in this country.
The last tym I sed this, I was almost lynched... Military rule s d best that can happen to this Nation of ours
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 9:05am On Sep 03, 2014
Tolexander: it may be a propaganda and may not be.

This is nigerian politics where everything can't be taken as complete fact or propaganda. Cos i believe there may likely be an atom of reality in all falsehoods and element of lie in all facts.
True again. I hope he's able to fight the government though. Last time a relation had a fight with government in court, it was a nasty experience.
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 9:11am On Sep 03, 2014
polymathic: The last tym I sed this, I was almost lynched... Military rule s d best that can happen to this Nation of ours
Nigerians don't want to see the truth. Even with a good President, the activities of other corrupt politicians inimical to the success of the government must be thwarted. Only Military Rule can achieve this feat. An end to all these thieving politicians. smiley
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by ayukdaboss(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2014
BlackPeni5? grin
Some monickers on Nairaland can give you a laugh for the whole day grin
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Gbawe: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: defamation of character and propagation of false information capable of causing harm and loss to person/group of person is now 'democracy'?

Is that what you thought freedom of speech is abt?

You can say rubbish online, but don't say anything as a 'fact' if they are not!

Period!

Thank you. When and where is libel ever touted to be the same as "democracy"? I really don't understand why some Nigerians have to be biased to the extent their ability to reason effectively is compromised. It is there in black and white what this man has done wrong with even specific mention of the section of the Ogun State criminal code he contravened. Is this chap now above the law of Ogun State?

I remember some guy making racist comments on twitter in the UK against a black football player who tragically suffered a heart attack playing for his team. This young man was tracked down, prosecuted and jailed because he made comments which was highly offensive and could have incited a race row if action was not taken.

This man should face his Court charge because there is no room to spin this against Amosun when the law is on his side as far we all know that freedom of speech does not cover libel and spreading falsehood. Do we all not remember Buhari threatening to take the PDP to court if they did not refrain from claiming, without providing proof , he has anything to do with Boko haram? Is that not what has made the PDP to curb that over-zealousness? We may all get away with it because the victims of our slurs may not be interested in court action against us but lawful folks know that one can always be prosecuted for libel and defamation of character. As simple as that.

Magistrate’s Court 1 sitting in Sagamu yesterday heard the case of Mr. Wasiu Ogunnoiki (31), who was arraigned for engaging in acts capable of denting the image of Ogun State Governor Ibikunle Amosun on the Facebook.

Ogunnoiki was accused of engaging in acts[b] that contravened Section 249 (d) of the Criminal Code, Volume II Laws of Ogun State 2006[/b] by publishing on his Facebook account that Amosun demolished houses without compensating the affected property owners and in manners that could incite the citizens against the governor.
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Nigerians don't want to see the truth. Even with a good President, the activities of other corrupt politicians inimical to the success of the government must be thwarted. Only Military Rule can achieve this feat. An end to all these thieving politicians. smiley
Seconded sir, I pray the military rule us ASAP
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by omenka(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2014
tomakint: [s]So much for Janjaweedians, they can't accept constructive criticism but they know about destructive criticism undecided imagine this pathological liar of a governor tracing up a critic online shocked when I can't even count the numbers of destructive criticism and negative branding and labeling my amiable President, Goodluck Jonathan has been subjected to, but what did he do to them? He only smile and wave.......[/s]
Local government Boss tortured in police custody for defacing Jonathan's posters: thenationonlineng.net/new/council-chief-relives-ordeal-with-police/

Man Detained for two months for criticising Bayelsa state governor on facebook: www.nigeriaintel.com/2013/12/28/man-detained-for-two-months-for-allegedly-criticising-bayelsa-governor-on-facebook/

Yeye dey smell!! I bet you were in jupiter when these happened!!

I suggest the detainee be released pronto!!! This is completely inappropriate!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 03, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: defamation of character and propagation of false information capable of causing harm and loss to person/group of person is now 'democracy'?

Is that what you thought freedom of speech is abt?

You can say rubbish online, but don't say anything as a 'fact' if they are not!

Period!

You just implicated yourself without knowing. Watch out
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by JEITO: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2014
But they couldn't dis-prove his alligation....

His arrest shows that his alligation are true.

I'm sure they'll be trying hard to find out how he got such info, and what else he knows. undecided
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Caseless: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Please when did PDP commercial motorcycle riders start having such information on politics? Information concerning the APC Chairman working with Labour Party to overthrow Amosun and even go as far as posting on Facebook?

All quotes without an answer to my question remain null and void
grin
i have given you my one and only like i pray 1000000Likes is registered for you by seun's system.
Re: Man Remanded In Prison For Attacking Amosun On Facebook by Caseless: 10:27am On Sep 03, 2014
JEITO: But they couldn't dis-prove his alligation....

His arrest shows that his alligation are true.

I'm sure they'll be trying hard to find out how he got such info, and what else he knows. undecided
there is no better way to disprove his allegation than bringing the liar b4 a law court. Was the accused able to present evidence of what he posted on facebook before the court? No! If he had, i think the court cudn't have found him guilty.
The guy should thank God it was not pdp, no one wld see him again, let alone appearing in court.

(1) (2) (Reply)

**Buhari, Kwankwaso Shun APC Caucus Meeting In Abuja** / Nairaland On Whatsapp. #photos# / Disturbing Video As Boko Haram Executes Young Men Who Refused To Join Its Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.