Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham (2995 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage / 10 Women Christian Men Should Never Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 2:39am On Oct 28, 2008
Dr Elizabeth Umeham is National Secretary, Yar'adua/Jonathan Success Movement (YJSM). She returned to Nigeria after many years of sojourn in England. She was Senior Special Adviser to Abia State government during the Orji Uzor Kalu administration. The woman activist says polygamy is indeed, doing women a lot of good. She also said that though slow, Umaru Musa Yar'adua's government is on course. Excerpts

Is polygamy really helping or it's rather worsening the plight of Nigerian women?

It's helping a lot of women. It is! Some of them are frustrated. When a woman is over 35, you know she's watching the time. A woman at 35 isn't yet married-a man at 35, it's even the beginning of life. But a woman at 35-by the time she adds another five years, she's hitting the menopause. So chances of having children are no more there. Therefore, the earlier they get hooked with a man, whether married-I wouldn't support breaking homes. If the man and the wife support the coming of the second wife, fair enough! But don't break a home because if you break somebody's home, someone else might break yours. So men should marry as many as they can maintain.

Read More

http://allafrica.com/stories/200810270770.html?page=2
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by TOYOSI20(f): 2:42am On Oct 28, 2008
It depends on the level of tolerance on the part of the women. . . . . . . . . undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 2:55am On Oct 28, 2008
TOYOSI20:

It depends on the level of tolerance on the part of the women. . . . . . . . . undecided

Rotflmao.  . .  Yeah, can't you just see the women lining up just begging their husbands to take a second, third and fourth wife, thinking "Oh thank Heavens, with other women in the house, I won't have to bend over backwards too much trying to please my husband"

I'm waiting for the men's response to this.
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 2:56am On Oct 28, 2008
One step forward, two steps back. I weep!!!
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 28, 2008
A doctor? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by TOYOSI20(f): 2:57am On Oct 28, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Rotflmao.  . .  Yeah, can't you just see the women lining up just begging their husbands to take a second, third and fourth wife, thinking "Oh thank Heavens, with other women in the house, I won't have to bend over backwards too much trying to please my husband"

I'm waiting for the men's response to this.

lol. . . , .
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Morenike3(f): 3:00am On Oct 28, 2008
Don't bother me if you're a polygamist. Because I will kill your second or third etc wife.

Yes, I'm the jealous type. Do I look like a woman that wants her man doing another woman? abegi!
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:01am On Oct 28, 2008
Is this a joke? embarassed
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:02am On Oct 28, 2008
Rotflmao! Don't weep my sister. . .  grin That one step forward, two step backward reminds me of dance instructions . . . where incidentally, the men also do the leading and women follow.

Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 28, 2008
Lol nice pic cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 28, 2008
rolfmao cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by chamotex(m): 3:07am On Oct 28, 2008
no thanks, 1 woman is enough for me
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:08am On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

A doctor? undecided

Lmao! You are still on that? grin

*Morenike:

Don't bother me if you're a polygamist. Because I will kill your second or third etc wife.

Yes, I'm the jealous type. Do I look like a woman that wants her man doing another woman? abegi!

Lmao! I trust you!

ibkaye:

Is this a joke? embarassed

On my honor. . . whatever that means, it is not one of my silly jokes. This is for real, for real, check out the link.

I imagine men everywhere are going
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 28, 2008
chamotex:

tell that to the birds angry
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:10am On Oct 28, 2008
chamotex:

Lmao. . . sure, yeah, if you say so.  tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:11am On Oct 28, 2008
ibkaye:

Rotlfmao! Ibkaye, you make me happy. kiss
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 28, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Rotlfmao! Ibkaye, you make me happy. kiss
making you happy makes me happy kiss
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 28, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Lmao! You are still on that? grin

It just shows that literacy is not enough in the part of the world. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by chamotex(m): 3:18am On Oct 28, 2008
ibkaye:

Baby Jinx:

Lmao. . . sure, yeah, if you say so.  tongue

why dont u believe me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

marrying 1 woman is 1 problem on its own . . . . . . .why add to it . . . . . . . . . i want to live a long life o cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:21am On Oct 28, 2008
Lmao! Okay fine, you can marry my husband. . . only you oh! So where should we send the letter asking for your hand in my marriage?

Dear Daddy Ibkaye,
My name is Baby Jinx aka SK and I am married to Oko Baby Kinx. Together, both of us, me and him would like to request your daughter's hadn in marriage for my husband. Please, Daddy Ibkaye don't say no, pleeeeeeeease, please pretty please. I want her to marry mu husband! Please say yes or I'll kil myself.

Thank you,
Signed
A Good. . . Very, Very Good Naija Wife

AKA

Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:22am On Oct 28, 2008
chamotex:

why don't u believe me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

marrying 1 woman is 1 problem on its own . . . . . . .why add to it . . . . . . . . . i want to live a long life o cheesy

Why don't we believe you? Hmmm, let' see shall we

Man - Check
Nigerian - Check

You were saying? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 28, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Lmao! Okay fine, you can marry my husband. . . only you oh! So where should we send the letter asking for your hand in my marriage?

Dear Daddy Ibkaye,
My name is Baby Jinx aka SK and I am married to Oko Baby Kinx. Together, both of us, me and him would like to request your daughter's hadn in marriage for my husband. Please, Daddy Ibkaye don't say no, pleeeeeeeease, please pretty please. I want her to marry mu husband! Please say yes or I'll kil myself.

Thank you,
Signed
A Good. . . Very, Very Good Naija Wife

AKA

Haba, God forbid bad thing o, I cannot share a husband o cheesy

chamotex:

why don't u believe me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

c'mon gbenu e dake, lo joko! see his head, nonsense  angry
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by A40(m): 3:27am On Oct 28, 2008
The more the merrier grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Morenike3(f): 3:27am On Oct 28, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Why don't we believe you? Hmmm, let' see shall we

Man - Check
Nigerian - Check

You were saying? grin grin
lmao!! cheesy cheesy

Baby Jinx:

Lmao! I trust you!
Yes, I'm that crazy
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Morenike3(f): 3:28am On Oct 28, 2008
A-40:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked crosses his name off
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by chamotex(m): 3:28am On Oct 28, 2008
ibkaye:

c'mon gbenu e dake, lo joko! see his head, nonsense  angry

sharrap dia, u must be dreaming

shouldn't you be in bed anywayz tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:29am On Oct 28, 2008
ibkaye:

Haba, God forbid bad thing o, I cannot share a husband o cheesy
Too late, the letter has been mailed.

Amaria de Ango. . .  grin

A-40:

Now we are talking! How man for you o jare.
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:32am On Oct 28, 2008
stillwater:

It just shows that literacy is not enough in the part of the world. undecided

Sad isn't it but you know what. . . some people will praise her for not becoming "westernized" despite having lived in London!

Women - we make it, we break it. At some point, we're gonna have to stop blaming men for how badly we are treated.
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 28, 2008
chamotex:

sharrap dia, u must be dreaming

shouldn't you be in bed anywayz tongue tongue
you are talking of people meant to be in bed abi? small pikin like you, oya, lo sun tongue

leave us big peeps to discuss our mature topic cool

@Baby_Jinx
Hehehehe, too bad for you my dad does not believe in polygamy *stinking tongue out and pulling face* na na na na na cool
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by BabyJinx: 3:47am On Oct 28, 2008
Okay, I accept besides, I like too much to wish second wifehood on you even if it's to my own first wife and your Dad. . . may God continue to bless him! smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 28, 2008
lmao God bless you also kiss
Re: Nigerian Men Should Marry As Many Women As They Can - Dr. Umeham by A40(m): 4:44am On Oct 28, 2008
*Morenike:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked crosses his name off
You really need to learn how to take a good joke ooh!! I can't marry a woman that takes things too seriously life is too short not to laugh now

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband's Elder Sister Is Living With Us / Missing 13-year Old Boy Found Tied Up In His Mother's Friend's House (see Photos / (photos) 61-year-old Man Marries His Goddaughter Who Recently Turned 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.