Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Managing A Little Bird. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Managing A Little Bird. (990 Views)

I Paid N1000 To Save A Bird's Life / Met This Little Bird At Work.pictures / Managing Sloan - My Fawn GSD Mix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Managing A Little Bird. by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2014
I'm in possesion of a little bird. Found it around my house yesterday in the morning.

I think it was being taken on flying lessons by the parent but couldn't cope up and fell to the ground. It could not fly up again. And thats when i found it.

I'm gonna keep it and take care of it till it gets older. It looks fragile.

I need maintainance tips from those with an idea or experience in managing a bird.

I'll appreciate info on anything concerning birds and the maintainance of them like what they eat, what they like, how to keep it warm when the weather is cold etc.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Seun(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2014
What kind of bird? Can you upload a picture?

The best thing to do is to return the bed to its nest. Feeding it and keeping it alive won't be easy. They need to eat every 30m or so
There are good tips here, though: http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Baby-Bird-Rescue-Food http://www.marathonwildbirdcenter.org/baby_birds.html
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by DickDastardly(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Enter the birdie expert! wink
Did u say birdie was going for extramural lessons with mama? Now your action amounts to bird-napping. I suggest u surrender that birdie to the nearest nest.
Drat!

1 Share

Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2014
Seun: What kind of bird? Can you upload a picture?

The best thing to do is to return the bed to its nest. Feeding it and keeping it alive won't be easy. They need to eat every 30m or so
There are good tips here, though: http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Baby-Bird-Rescue-Food http://www.marathonwildbirdcenter.org/baby_birds.html
thanks.

I think returning it to a nest will be a better idea.
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2014
DickDastardly: Enter the birdie expert! wink
Did u say birdie was going for extramural lessons with mama? Now your action amounts to bird-napping. I suggest u surrender that birdie to the nearest nest.
Drat!
lol @bird-napping.

I'l do that as soon as i get my eyes on a nest
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Jbluv55(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: thanks.

I think returning it to a nest will be a better idea.
To just any nest? shockedshockedshocked I'm not so sure about birds but I know very well that if you bring a foreign puppy to add to to another dog's puppies, you would most likely find it dead the next morning or so.
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Truckpusher(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2014
If you can upload a picture of the bird lemme see how old she is then I can help and the species then I can help.
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
Truckpusher: If you can upload a picture of the bird lemme see how old she is then I can help and the species then I can help.
very small and fragile.

Is it advisable to drop it in a foreign nest?
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: very small and fragile.

Is it advisable to drop it in a foreign nest?
of course not. Find the best it came from. The bird will die in a few hours if you don't take decisive steps bro. Return or start feeding!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Seun: of course not. Find the best it came from. The bird will die in a few hours if you don't take decisive steps bro. Return or start feeding!
how can i find the nest it came from when i saw it in my compound?

Feed it what exactly?
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Seun(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: how can i find the nest it came from when i saw it in my compound?

Feed it what exactly?
Read the links I posted earlier. Basically, soaked or wet dogfood. No water, no bread.
Re: Managing A Little Bird. by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: how can i find the nest it came from when i saw it in my compound?

Feed it what exactly?
Without pictures how do u want us to advice u correctly? sad

Little birds die very easily, as seun said, better start feeding it now and be careful when doing it so it does not choke, giving it water too will kill it. Moist food in very little bits os best. Then it MUST be kept warm.

1 Like

Re: Managing A Little Bird. by Nelrulez(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Share a picture. I'm fully against returning it to a foreign nest. Feed it with moist food and it will survive. I once nursed a young pigeon like that and it survived.

(1) (Reply)

Well bred boerboel Puppy For Sale / Me,beast And Cesar / I Need A Friendly Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.