Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Bad Habits in the kitchen - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bad Habits in the kitchen (4947 Views)

Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. / Is It Safe To Place Your Gas Cylynder In The Kitchen / Safety Rules In The Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by aomom(m): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2008
at least i av now seen pple that feel the same thing i feel. as for the sponge, wot if i say i dnt know
anywayz what about after boiling the meat then they put it on a board to cut and then put inside the stew. the cutting should av been done before boiling.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by JeSoul(f): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Work, Work, Work. .Duty called and I had to answer. But I missed you.
If I had stayed off a little longer . . . . tongue. we'll be having nkwobi right about now at my apt. come combing this is not th real me

Like always, good to know life is treating you fine.

And I know what you call me behind my back Lazyfaire angry. The secret is in the open.
no be like so now smiley it was purely for theatrical & extraction purposes and it worked. grin
eya don't work too hard sha . . . so people are now borrowing your user name and playing games cheesy . . . but in case shey na the real LF, good to have you around wink
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by JeSoul(f): 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2008
aomom:

at least i av now seen people that feel the same thing i feel. as for the sponge, wot if i say i dnt know
anywayz what about after boiling the meat then they put it on a board to cut and then put inside the stew. the cutting should av been done before boiling.
aomom,
it seems you've seen enough culinary atrocities, at this rate will you be able to eat in any kitchen at all? cheesy
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by TOYOSI20(f): 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2008
@ Topic,

Talking on the cell Phone over the food ur cooking. . . , . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by aomom(m): 6:55am On Oct 31, 2008
My sista c me o,
If i go to any of ma aunt or uncle's place what if i tell u i dnt grob at al, infact 1 askd me neva 2 come 2 her house, if thats what i am good @ doin. One babe in ma skul sed that i may neva hav a girl @ dis rate, that the 1st thing that wil make a babe lyk u is if u eat her food (na by force to chop poison). Jst dat ppl av nt been seein thingz d way i c them.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by aomom(m): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
what about the issue of leaving their hair uncovered when cooking? if their hair is itching them they put their hand into stinking hair and without washing they continue cooking
some people do brush them teeth in the kitchen sink, later they buy fish and empty it into that same sink,
another thing they carry the bucket that is meant for the kitchen into the toilet or especially the toilet bucket into the kitchen with water to cook (boyx do that in ma skul) or conveying water from the toilet+bathroom (together) to cook. carrying the mug or cup meant for drinking water to the toilet to brush with.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by Classigal(f): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2008
aomom:

what about the issue of leaving their hair uncovered when cooking? if their hair is itching them they put their hand into stinking hair and without washing they continue cooking
some people do brush them teeth in the kitchen sink, later they buy fish and empty it into that same sink,
another thing they carry the bucket that is meant for the kitchen into the toilet or especially the toilet bucket into the kitchen with water to cook (boyx do that in ma skul) or conveying water from the toilet+bathroom (together) to cook. carrying the mug or cup meant for drinking water to the toilet to brush with.

Its good to be neat in the kitchen and  out of it but looks to me like u are getting a bit paranoid about it. rush to the nearest MFM sharply. grin smiley grin smiley
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by cuteness01: 3:07am On Nov 01, 2008
d most irritating is tasting food with the ladle

talking endlessly while cooking, (some saliva finds it way into d pot, u knw)
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by aomom(m): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2008
haba i am nat possessed o abeg
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by maedan(f): 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2008
u people are talking. What about all those world-famous chefs u see on Tv that do all those fast-track cooking, see how they talk incessantly while they cook their world-famous recipe, enough spit on Gordon Ramsay's food on that his Cookalong Live. And that his Hells' Kitchen programme - ugh! I saw enough atrocities committed by the in-house cooks.

Me, i think cooking should be done neatly, fuss-lessly. And Quietly! wink
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by omoge(f): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2008
true. Rachel Ray likes talking into her cookings grin
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by aomom(m): 5:45am On Nov 10, 2008
somebody inma crib, woke up lst week, she went into the kitchen to cook launch (@ 7am) bcoz she's going out , i went to get ma breakfast around 8am i was talking to her as in taking her on some habits that i don't lyk, before i entered the kitchen i was a toothbrush with some paste on it on the dinning table(wierdos) not knowing it was meant for her to brush. she finished cooking as @ the tyme i finished buttering ma bread the next thing she went to the downstairs toliet opposite the the dinning to brush i was lyk, how can a sane person start cooking without brushing, only to do that immediately after brushing. to tell u the truth i didn't eat launch that day o,

maybe rules should made and pasted in the kitchen just lyk the annoying roster we used to use in the kitchen
oya rules
rule 1 washing ur hand clean before cooking
rule 2 no talking or singing while cooking
oya generate more rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by maedan(f): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2008
rule 3 : no pinching from the food you're preparing!

I'm guilty: I end up eating most of the meat/dodo/yam whenever I'm frying. I always use the excuse of 'tasting'. I usually get in trouble for shortening everyone's ration! grin
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by aomom(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2008
maedan:

rule 3 : no pinching from the food you're preparing!

I'm guilty: I end up eating most of the meat/dodo/yam whenever I'm frying. I always use the excuse of 'tasting'. I usually get in trouble for shortening everyone's ration! grin

i do that too in school when it comes to sardine or geisha or corned beef, that what i eat i cant go tru the stress of buying, washing and boiling fresh meat or fish
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by titilaelae(f): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2008
@Poster, In fact, the reason I don't eat from some people's houses is the  fear of their having licked their cooking spoon.  I detest it so, so much!

Another bad kitchen habit I've observed in some people is brushing their teeth into the kitchen sink! It's yak! angry

Sniffing while cooking. As in your nose is running and instead of leaving the kitchen to go and blow it before returning to cooking, you just keep on drawing the mucus back noisily thus creating the impression that the thing might drop into the pot shocked eeeeeeeewww!
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by KarmaMod(f): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2008
Titi, you make me hate food sad
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by omoge(f): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2008
titi you are right. ewwww

i argued real badly with my roommates for that stupid habit. i was leaving for class but something caught my eyes. the chinese girl brushing in the sink shocked i was so mad! funny she was defending herself. i told her what! where i do my dishes??!! my sponge was right there. i was so pissed. i didn't even care that i was late for class i gave it to her real bad.

just the next week, the white one was doing the same thing. brushing in the sink! oh!!! a nut let loose inside my head. someone is in the bathroom she said. i was mad and called a meeting that day.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by titilaelae(f): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2008
KarmaMod:

Titi, you make me hate food sad

shocked shocked Shou? That bad? grin grin grin

How about blowing air from your mouth into the nylon meant to cook moimoi instead of rubbing it with your palm to open? And tasting the ground beans meant for moimoi and snapping the residual on your finger back into the whole lot?
Do you know some women have chewingstick in their mouth while cooking, and they will be going in and out of the kitchen to spit and return to the kitchen, remove chewing stick and taste the soup and continue? Chei, Ive seen it all, orishirishi!!!
That's why, for me to in your house, no matter how close you are to me I must have tested and trusted you when it comes to kitchen hygiene!
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by omoge(f): 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2008
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww those eating agege bread ewww,um those blowing air into lynon.

i hate the one at the store. . .the check out lady rubbing spit then opening the lynon to put in my grocery. damn, am almost returning that tomatoes grin
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by Mustay(m): 7:37am On Nov 15, 2008
I hate it when people talk while cooking angry angry Not all 'em spits angry angry

Coughing, Sneezing.

Last time I went to an Agege bread "factory", I felt sorry for our stomachs!

Terrible hygienic conditions. infact, they should be barred from production. Naija pple go jus die like schiken
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by omoge(f): 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2008
Mustay, that is so true. yet pple drop dead and they say it is witch, winch/winsh.

imagine those with undiagnosed TB blowing air into that lynon ewwww.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by Mustay(m): 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2008
O'ge You needed to see a sweaty 'factory worker', without a shirt in a 'factory' similar to an oven itself packaging your "fine bread" as they call it.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by Mustay(m): 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2008
Anyway, na sweet thing dey kill pass!
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by maedan(f): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2008
This is for those eating pounded yam at your local mama put - enjoy the salty sweat dripping from the muscular body of the male/female pounder. lipsrsealed

Those eating amala at your roadside buka - watch as Mama Shakira balances the pot between her legs and turns the amala . . .

Even those eating at Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic, Tastee Fried etc - you're not safe either. Do you really think those fastfood attendants keep their fingers from pinching from the food when the manager is not looking? grin

Thank God for yam powder. I eat my poundy at home with ease. Infact, I can't remember the last time I ate local food outside. It tastes so much better homemade!!!
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by ernal(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
@ Omoge

R u really in Suva,Fiji islands.Please i need to ask u something.probably leave me ur YIM or something.Thanks!
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by KarmaMod(f): 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2008
maedan:

This is for those eating pounded yam at your local mama put - enjoy the salty sweat dripping from the muscular body of the male/female pounder. lipsrsealed

Those eating amala at your roadside buka - watch as Mama Shakira balances the pot between her legs and turns the amala . . .

Even those eating at Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic, Tastee Fried etc - you're not safe either. Do you really think those fastfood attendants keep their fingers from pinching from the food when the manager is not looking? grin

Thank God for yam powder. I eat my poundy at home with ease. Infact, I can't remember the last time I ate local food outside. It tastes so much better homemade!!!

I dont get people who eat at bukas. Yuck.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by tosinadeda: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2008
KarmaMod:

I don't get people who eat at bukas. Yuck.

hissssses grin
buka all the way jare

@topic
dont u just hate it wen sum1s cooking wut u will eat and u hear him/her sneeze, u rush there and u see the person face right over the pot
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by HRhotness(f): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2008
tosinadeda:

@topic
don't u just hate it when sum1s cooking what u will eat and u hear him/her sneeze, u rush there and u see the person face right over the pot

lol. . . why do u hav to rush there in d first place?  grin
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by tosinadeda: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2008
HR.hotness:

lol. . . why do u hav to rush there in d first place? grin

lol
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2008
forget it, you can't vouch for cooking practises anywhere outside of your own kitchen - the other day, i read up some advise in GQ - never send food back in a resturant - it pisses off the cook who can do all sorts of awful stuff to your oreder before sending it back - i seem to remeber in the case in question, the chef actually stomped on the dish. . .

i once executed a survey of an eatery chain liased with my emloyers retail outlets. it was a power survey - but forget what i saw - in the back all eteries are just like mama puts -

if you could make it thru federal govt boarding school, a little sweat/snot in the food won't kill you. . .as long as you don't know about it - . . .

its been said that no one will eat sausages if one sees the production process. . .
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by titilaelae(f): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2008
maedan:

And after all the sweat, they now use hand to mould the pounded yam to serve. Is there a rule that says spoon or 'igbako' must not be used to mould iyan?

Talking about sweat, has anybody seen some guys that serve soft drinks at parties (wedding reception especially!)?. They open all the bottles and with the same (dirty) hand put straw into the bottles and off they go, carrying the mineral crate from seat to seat to serve. In the process they become sweaty and am not lying, I once saw with my korokoro eyes one dutiful guy carry out this sweaty assignment and come and see how the unsuspicious guests were rushing the drink! The guy should have at least mopped the sweat with an handky since he couldn't prevent the sweat. Ijekuje ko ni pa wa ni Naija oh cry cry cry

HR.hotness:

lol. . . why do u hav to rush there in d first place? grin

You may want to rush there to help in case the person needs one.
Re: Bad Habits in the kitchen by maedan(f): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
titilaelae:

And after all the sweat, they now use hand to mould the pounded yam to serve. Is there a rule that says spoon or 'igbako' must not be used to mould iyan?

Talking about sweat, has anybody seen some guys that serve soft drinks at parties (wedding reception especially!)?. They open all the bottles and with the same (dirty) hand put straw into the bottles and off they go, carrying the mineral crate from seat to seat to serve. In the process they become sweaty and am not lying, I once saw with my korokoro eyes one dutiful guy carry out this sweaty assignment and come and see how the unsuspicious guests were rushing the drink! The guy should have at least mopped the sweat with an handky since he couldn't prevent the sweat. Ijekuje ko ni pa wa ni Naija oh cry cry cry

so true grin. Now I know why my cousin does not eat outside, no matter what. I used to think he was "forming", but now I understand. Maybe he suffered one serious stomach upset when he was younger, but in all my grown years I've never seen him eat at any restaurant. Even to eat in people's house, na problem. I think that's a very healthy lifestyle, but how many people can maintain it? undecided . . . with so many 'long throat' around . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Should Pound The Yam? / Where Can I Buy Foodstuffs Wholesale In Abuja And Lagos? / Is Golden Morn A Fattening Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.