Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) (1470 Views)

What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / Why Do Married Men Have Affairs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by clock247(f): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi there,
I want to show you some secret information on how to register your business name with CAC within 21days and with less than N10,000.

The magnitude of registering a business in Nigeria cannot be over emphasized.

The fact remains that when your business is established and you do not register your company, many agencies will not take you serious.
If you want to register your business name, you can do it in two different ways.

• The first way is to engage the services of a lawyer and he/she might get it done for you with about 10k. The trouble is that another time you want to register a business name, you will have to pay another N 10,000.
If you are a serial entrepreneur with many business ideas flowing in you, you will be spending too much money for this, when you can actually spend less by understanding the secret information I will be revealing to you here.
The second way to get your business name registered is to do it yourself. Yes, you can walk into any branch of the corporate affairs commission and you will get your business registered.
The difficulty with this is that if you don’t know the secrets of going about it, you will spend months trying to register your business name. I’ve heard cases of people who spend more than 5months trying to register their business name because they worked through an agent who just wasted their time. This secret information will show you how to avoid all that.

NOTICE: I just want to point out that this procedure is to get your business name registered and not a limited liability company or NGO.

HOW TO GET STARTED:
Once you are ready to register your business name with the corporate affairs commission, the first thing you should do is to go to their office nearest to you. Don’t bother on how to get location of CAC office close to you. I will give you a list of 19 offices around the country.

• Walk into the nearest branch to you and ask for name reservation form. It cost just N200 only. You will be given a receipt and a form. On the form you will be asked to fill some details like…

• Your Name

• Your Address

• Your Desired business name

• A space to fill desired business name you want to register ( Choose Enterprises or Business name)

You will be required to choose two business names. The rationale is that if one is not available, they can keep the other for you. If none of them is available, you will need to do it all over again. This means you will have to pay the N200 again to wait for the result.

To be continued shortly….

1 Like

Re: How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by parismarc: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmmm OP, when last did you go to CAC? Availability is 500 naira, and filing fee for business name is 10,000. So a business name cannot be registered for less than 10,000.BTW, I work there, stop misinforming the public about our filing fees.
Re: How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by clock247(f): 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
@parismarc, this post is strictly based on the experience i had and not an avenue to mislead or misinform people here... thank you
Re: How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by parismarc: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=clock247]@parismarc, this post is strictly based on the experience i had and not an avenue to mislead or misinform people here... thank you[/quote

Be guided about the filing fees, I doubt if u registered your business this year, I repeat, name search for business name is 500 naira and filing fee is 10,000, u may wish to edit your post. It will be dangerous for anyone to rely on the fees you stated in your OP.
Re: How to Register Your Business Name With Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) by MrMcJay(m): 12:05am On Sep 04, 2014
clock247: @parismarc, this post is strictly based on the experience i had and not an avenue to mislead or misinform people here... thank you

I'm a lawyer and i handle stuffs like this for clients. As at yesterday 3/9/'14 when i went to CAC Ikeja, Name search at CAC costs N500. Filing fees for Business names is N10,000.

Kindly note the discrepancy and continue your post.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

?? / What Is The Perfect Age For A Girl To Get Married / Why Being The First Issue In A Family Is A Heavy Load

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.