Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama (3216 Views)

Nigeria ‘Hires Mercenaries’ To Battle Boko Haram - Vanguard / Pics Of The Soldiers That Captured Bama Town On The Eve Of Presidential Election / Nigerian Troops Find Dead Bodies In A Well In Bama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by abu12: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2014
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/troops-battle-boko-haram-to-regain-captured-bama/

The final push to reclaim Bama from Boko Haram insurgents was set to begin last night.
Troops were said to have gained access yesterday to “push in” against the insurgents.

More fighter jets and sophisticated equipment were deployed in the town, Borno State’s second largest and 67 kilometres to Maiduguri, the state capital.
The Brigade Commander of Mohammed Kur Barracks, the Police Area Commander, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) and Commandant of MOPOL 53 in Bama have relocated to Maiduguri to re-strategise.

Telephone services have gone dead in Bama and its environs following massive destruction of GSM masts in the area and surrounding villages by the insurgents.
A source, who spoke in confidence with our correspondent, said: “From the reports available to us, the troops have recorded what strategically we call a ‘push in’ to reclaim the town.

“This means that the military has gained access on land and confronting the insurgents. Very soon, the game will change.
“The priority now is to regain the control of the army formation in Bama because these insurgents invaded the barracks and targeted the armoury.
“They also attacked the police units and sacked these places leaving officers and men to beat a ‘tactical retreat’ to regroup for counter-attacks.

Another source said: “We have been engaging the insurgents in air and land encounters since Tuesday. The troops have succeeded in killing many insurgents who are still resilient but they will soon fall.

“The Brigade Commander, Police Area Commander, DPO and Commandant of MOPOL 53 in Bama have moved to Maiduguri to coordinate the counter-attacks, which are yielding results.
“Until we have fully regained Bama, the military has decided not to talk. It will want to present all evidence of the heroic feats of the troops to Nigerians.

More fighter jets and sophisticated equipment were yesterday deployed in Bama.
The aerial bombardments has been intense in the last 24 hours with more fighter jets, it was learnt.
Troops are said to have got “new and sophisticated” weapons for the battle.

“They only need commitment to use the weapons appropriately,” a source said.
The telephone service in Bama has been completely cut off because the insurgents destroyed most GSM masts in all the villages and points leading to Bama.

Another source added: “The whole situation in Bama is confusing because there is no more telephone service. The insurgents destroyed all GSM masts as part of the ongoing blockade of the area.

“Those in Maiduguri were able to communicate with few military officers, troops and security agents at the “battle front” through the Cameroonian MTN network which miraculously has assisted.
“So, we have to divert our call through Cameroon through a special link. So, you can imagine the terrible condition the people and residents of Bama are facing.”
Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by MANGAM(m): 7:29am On Sep 04, 2014
The military need to tell Nigerians the truth

4 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by seanet02: 7:32am On Sep 04, 2014
i thought they said they were in control of Bama?
Gosh

3 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by RoyalRoy(m): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Lies upon lies.

Same old $h*+, just a different day.

6 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Regain where they did not lose?

grin grin grin grin

Jonahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

9 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 04, 2014
Can anything good come out of tinubu newspaper? Una no de check the source abi na sauce again?

4 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by VirginFinder: 7:42am On Sep 04, 2014
seanet02: i thought they said they were in control of Bama?
Gosh

Honestly, the Borno deputy governor and the CJTF leader ought to be lain on the ground and thoroughly whipped.

How can they be so deceitful?

3 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by seanet02: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2014
VirginFinder:

Honestly, the Borno deputy governor and the CJTF leader ought to be lain on the ground and thoroughly whipped.

How can they be so deceitful?
This people are just deceiving us in Nigeria.
Imagine such an horrendous deceit?

4 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2014
boko haram e-branch at work with their propaganda machines

5 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by VirginFinder: 7:52am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44: Can anything good come out of tinubu newspaper? Una no de check the source abi na sauce again?

This is not about politics!

When will you dullards realise that Boko Haram doesnt care about PDP,APC and Nigeria as a whole?

If they have their way,they will nuke us all.

Boko Haram is annexing Nigeria in bits and you are here calling Tinubu.

Is it Tinubu that rendered NA incapacitated?

We must all unite to defeat Boko Haram else we are all doomed.

12 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Qelvin(m): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2014
This whole Bama thing reeks of some cartwheeling bullcrap, I'm tired of the confusing reports and lies already...today they will tell us Bama is under the control of the NA,tomorrow the tale will change with the Insurgents controlling the town....whatever be the case, someone has to stop playing on the intelligence of Nigerians and come out with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by kayjasper(f): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44: boko haram e-branch at work with their propaganda machines

Will you just shut up for once and face the realities on ground? At your age you are still so blind and have no brain to decipher truth from lies.

You are a disgrace to all catholics on this forum with all your juvenile lies and silly posts.

10 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 04, 2014
VirginFinder:
This is not about politics!
When will you dullards realise that Boko Haram doesnt care about PDP,APC and Nigeria as a whole?
If they have their way,they will nuke us all.
Boko Haram is annexing Nigeria in bits and you are here calling Tinubu.
Is it Tinubu that rendered NA incapacitated?
We must all unite to defeat Boko Haram else we are all doomed.

is it Tinubu that gave bama to boko haram? After our army has told you they control bama,Tinubu is still instructing his newspaper to dish out pro-boko haram propaganda

6 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 04, 2014
kayjasper:

Will you just shut up for once and face the realities in ground? At your age you are still so blind and have no brain to decipher tru h from lies.

You are a disgrace to all catholics on this forum with all your juvenile and silly posts.

you are disgrace to your family and your entire generation

4 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Frankenstein: 7:56am On Sep 04, 2014
Recapture the town or repel the jihadists? Why do they keep feeding us with divergent news? A lot of cover-up and information blocking going on and I thought the FOI bill has been passed into law.

By the by, the Nigeria military needs to intensify efforts to totally expel the terrorists from Bama and subsequently take over Gwoza before the situation escalates.

If Boko haram continues to hold their ground in captured towns it might increase the number of local and foreign jihadists coming out to join them. Even some perceived moderate Muslims with eagerness for a real Islamic caliphate in Nigeria might harbour latent support for the group. What is happening in Iraq should be an eye-opener for us all.

Victory to our gallant troops!

4 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by kayjasper(f): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2014
When I wrote [size=15pt]
HERE
[/size]
some days ago, some silly men were raising hell and abusing me for "daring" to discredit the Nigerian Army.
Now is this one too another concotted tail from me?

How will they win a war when they can't even be truthful about the situation of things?

6 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by kayjasper(f): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44:

Too bad Chukwudi44. Please erase your signature. Each time I see u are a catholic I feel ashamed. Been raised in a catholic school all my life even as a Muslim girl has thought me much morals than I can ever imagine. For you to have a catholic background and still choose to be a bundle of lies and hypocrisy belittles the faith you profess.

Go and think about it. Am sure your age is much enough to decipher this without further bickering.

13 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by abu12: 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44: Can anything good come out of tinubu newspaper? Una no de check the source abi na sauce again?

Take that jonathan newspaper
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/senator-zannah-borno-govt-military-are-lying-about-bama/188143/
By Michael Olugbode
The senator representing Borno Central at the National Assembly, Ahmed Zannah, has challenged both the Borno State Government and military authorities to take the media to Bama to verify their claims that the state’s second largest town had not been captured by the Boko Haram insurgents.
The senator in a telephone chat yesterday with THISDAY said: “As I am speaking to you, Bama has been captured and the insurgents are on the prowl for any male, killing at will.”
He added: “Everyone is a target as long as you are male. But for now, women and children are being spared.”
Recounting a personal loss, Zannah said he lost two nephews to the insurgents, who according to him, captured Bama on Tuesday.
He said: “They entered my brother’s house in Bama and shot his two sons they met at the residence.”
Zannah, who is an indigene of Bama, 78 kilometres from Maiduguri, said: “Both the military and Borno State Government are lying to Nigerians, and to prove that I am the one misinforming the public, they should take journalists to the town to cross-check the facts.”
“Security sources however said yesterday that the military was firmly in control of the town following air strikes that destroyed the hardware brought in by insurgents from Gwoza, while also destroying the military hardware at the Bama military base to deny the insurgents' access to weapons there.
“The insurgents had targeted the base to gain access to the arms and ammunition and had planned to add same to their arsenal by launching a massive attack on Maiduguri, the major target of the insurgents,” he said in the statement.

The question is why would NA destroy the military hardware at the Bama military base to deny the insurgents' access to weapons there, if they are truly in control of bama?

7 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
kayjasper:

Too bad Chukwudi44. Please erase your signature. Each time I see u are a catholic I feel ashamed. Been raised in a catholic school all my life even as a Muslim girl has thought me much morals than I can ever imagine. For you to have a catholic background and still choose to be a bundle of lies and hypocrisy belittles the faith you profess.

Go and think about it. Am sure your age is much enough to decipher this without further bickering.

you are the liar and chief boko haram propangadist.Our army control bama and not your boko haram sect

3 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by IdomaLikita: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
How have I managed to survive in this Mental Asylum for more than 3 decades?

5 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
[/quote]The question is why would NA destroying the military hardware at the Bama military base to deny the insurgents' access to weapons there, if they are truly in control of bama? [quote]

is this what your field commanders told you?

1 Like

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2014

You're so uncouth.....talk without thinking...... Where's massob paper....ethnic nematode!

9 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44:

you are the liar and chief boko haram propangadist.Our army control bama and not your boko haram sect

Unreasonable people like you caused the Biafran war...

10 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44:

Seriously? You're an irritant slowpoke!

9 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 04, 2014
smartchoice:

Unreasonable people like you caused the Biafran war...

Why are you so pained I refuse to believe your boko haram propaganda? BTW what is stopping you mofos from starting the next phase of the war

2 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by idupaul: 8:20am On Sep 04, 2014
Boko haram is gaining grounds and some @ss wipes are here doing PDP APC .. OMG Nigerians are too dull to realise anything

9 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by kayjasper(f): 8:21am On Sep 04, 2014
smartchoice:

You're so uncouth.....talk without thinking...... Where's massob paper....ethnic nematode!

Please leave that illiterate called Chukwudi44 alone.

His problem is longer than river Niger. grin

9 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by Jakpon: 8:23am On Sep 04, 2014
IdomaLikita: How have I managed to survive in this Mental Asylum for more than 3 decades?
Tough question bro. Really tough question

3 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by kayjasper(f): 8:23am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44:

Why are you so pained I refuse to believe your boko haram propaganda? BTW what is stopping you mofos from starting the next phase of the war

Until mofos like you are eliminated from Nigeria, nothing good can come out of this country.

Imagine all the lies and you are still here typing? You better go back to bed and start a new life when you wake up. You way too old for this $h*+

10 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by abu12: 8:26am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44:

Ur attitude online this morning just cost ur sister an opportunity, because she bear chukudi as surname, u are so irritating.

6 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by stinggy(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2014
kayjasper:

You really think he's worth the advice?
He's chosen the part of foolishness, advising him is like whipping a dead horse, makes no diff

8 Likes

Re: Troops Battle Boko Haram To Regain Captured Bama by idupaul: 8:31am On Sep 04, 2014
chukwudi44:

You must be one of the most foolish person ever born

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Must Go! Change Is Here In Nigeria! Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka / Boko Haram Terrorist’ Among Jonathan’s Baga Welcome Crew / Live Photos: Anambra State's POS-IGR Project - Willie Is Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.