Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! (25983 Views)

President Hassan Rouhani Calls Buhari Over Army/shiite Clash / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" / President Francois Hollande Calls Buhari, Invites Him To Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by mistudreh(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
nigerianvenom:

read the info from d link below then come back and tell me how he fought corruption.dont be decieve by lies u hear

www.nairaland.com/1883338/facts-why-major-gen-buhari
The write up you referred me to was was written out of hatred to mess the man up... Am not a fan of Buhari but what I as a Nigerian want from the government is good governance. You all keep shouting that APC is used to propagandas, the propagandas are yielding good results today in my state (Osun) and SW as a whole.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
homesteady:
if you read his post well, you'll see where he said his Mother use to tell him of the abuses they suffered!
That means it was not once or twice but many times!

Obiagelli just give up even before you start! You can't spin this accusations to make buhari look like a Saint!
I just believe one thing , Buhari can't become Nigerian President !! ... I'm tired of all the 80s lords in 2015 and beyond .... We can't afford to be takened back to the 80s ....

Fresh Air abeg , how could we be clamoring for change while some folks still want an 80 lord , where is the change in that abeg !!

And Atiku can never emerge Nigerian President atatall ....... Over OBJ's deadbody ... APC should give us a candidate that can win souls across this country in competing with Ebele Jonathan !

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by jking001(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
Typical Janjaweedian and lack of education plus history Fela's mother remains one of the founding mothers of this country nigeria, she was the person who read the speech about self determination /independence to the queen of England with other male nationalist like awo and co present,if you don't know shit about the Fela's family then don't comment.

Elnino4ladies: D kuti's family makin noise since 1960..

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by nigerianvenom(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
mistudreh:
The write up you referred me to was was written out of hatred to mess the man up... Am not a fan of Buhari but what I as a Nigerian want from the government is good governance. You all keep shouting that APC is used to propagandas, the propagandas are yielding good results today in my state (Osun) and SW as a whole.

ok.follow ur mind
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by eaglechild: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Anyone who doesn't know that Buhari is evil by now is a dunce.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by BrosPeter: 1:49am On Sep 05, 2014
Its not just Seun Kuti, Anikulakpo himself hated Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Avatar(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2014
Dirty politics.. angry
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by victorazy(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2014
Bryan12: Everyone now has a twitter acct.Small thing dem don rush go twitter go type nonsense.

Very important

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 05, 2014
Sorry to tell you Seun. Your father stood for public truths in his songs, but his personal life really stunk then.
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Tonylyte(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2014
thandii1: Just 4comments and this is already on the front page? Just because it is an anti-buhari tweet.. shocked shocked

If we were to bring different people's opinions\tweets and terrible experiences about the past administrations and the present one, se nl front page go contain am?

Diariz God o.
Na, we are puting those ones u guys see now as saints(progressives).
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Jesuspistol(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2014
In present democracy where we have freedom of speech such an act by Buhari is considered an abuse

In the military era, though morally unfair, the abuse of human right was fair.

He had to show himself a fearable general else he would have been subdued by Fela's songs and overthrown as a result

Well i don't like what Buhari did too but I like the fact that he is force driven

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by cole265(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2014
Parochial statement... didn't sound like the real thing.
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by kelvinnn(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Its very obvious undecided
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2014
Ok we don hear
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by mike404(m): 7:36am On Sep 05, 2014
Obiagelli:
the Op says fela was jailed by buhari and i gave what lead to his jail term. Simple.
"NO BE HAUSA DEM JAIL ME 5YRS, I NO DO NOTHING" IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH SOMEONE THAT DID THIS TO YOU MR OBIAGELLI
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2014
mike404: "NO BE HAUSA DEM JAIL ME 5YRS, I NO DO NOTHING" IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH SOMEONE THAT DID THIS TO YOU MR OBIAGELLI
Since when did you start trolling
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Jesuspistol(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2014
honor2011: Sorry to tell you Seun. Your father stood for public truths in his songs, but his personal life really stunk then.

What hass Fela's personal life got to do with the abuse of his rights?

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by ilugunn(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2014
I am sure this cannot deter Buhari. He is the only candidate that can move crowd in the North. APC needs him!

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by gogo2479: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2014
I'm surprised he didn't say anything about obasonjo.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Dragonking: 7:56am On Sep 05, 2014
lakpalakpa: What did Seun Kuti call Jonathan??

grin

Stop being stupiid.. was it jonathan that imprisoned Fela unlawfully and against his fundamental rights?

Mtcheeeeeewwwww

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2014
arsetalks: Some people obviously work hard to find anti Buhari articles to post on nairaland and the moderators work even harder to find these anti Buhari threads to push to the home page.

Shouldn't really bother you, I'm pretty sure people aren't just gonna start hating a man because some guy called him 'Evil' , well except for the usual folks who already do anyway.
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Rilwayne001: [size=20pt] These PDP at work again [/size]
grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by lastpage: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2014
Lets call a spade, A SPADE!

Buhari: He was no saint at all.
Anyone old enough will remember the "46 SUITCASES" SAGA under his government.
Idiagbon was the real actor in his government. The duo, we must agree, tried to "stamp" discipline into Nigerians at a time when corruption and indiscipline orchestrated by the NPN shenanigans, was already killing the country, a situation very akin to what we have under the present Jona-daft government.
The problem with Buhari is simply that he is a religious fanatic, no matter how you dice it. Honestly, It will be a calamity to let him rule this country again though l recognize that Nigeria is in a serious "shortage of Statesmen"

Nigeria needs "statesmen", MEN who are devoid of religious, tribal or ethnic affinity and who will see themselves as "Father of the nation, leader of every Nigerian, irrespective of tongue, creed or religion. Buhari, l must say, is a mile-off the mark when it comes to such qualities.
But in terms of enforcing discipline, albeit brutally and retrospectively (l say "brutally" because he retroactively passed a death sentence on a drug courier who committed the offence when the law was not in place, something that is considered inhumane in law), we must give his government and that of Idiagbon, some credit.

I have a very strong feeling that if we had continued with the tone he set in those days, as per "War against Indiscipline", Nigeria would be a more decent society by now but alas, the EVIL GENIUS, Babangida truncated that attempt.

Fela: with regards to the constant harassment and brutalizing Abami Eda, fela Anikulapo Kuti, the enigma of Nigerian music and philosophy, l think Obasanjo did worse things to Fela, than even Buhari!

It was Obachanjo, out of a very deep hatred for educated people, (those who are academically better than him, since he (OBJ), as a class mate of Fela. Soyinka and MKO Abiola, was a failure and a school drop-out, after which he was "thrown" into the Army), who times without number, was hell bent on humiliating Fela.
It was he, "Obachanjo" that sent soldiers to burn down fela's house (kalakuta republic) and threw Fela's mother downstairs form the storey building, killing the poor woman (This much was captured in fela's song, "Dem kill my Mama...." and that was the only time l ever saw Fela CRY!, during the rendition of that song).
Obasanjo has so much hate for his three classmates (Fela, MKO, Wole Soyinka) and is constantly looking for ways to oppress and harass them, all his pathetic life!. So, if Seun wants to be angry, he better direct his venom at that Owuu (or is it Onitsha?) man that kille dhis grandmother. Buhari never did that much.

Fela, as a person, was the prophet who people never recognized.
I am an ardent fan of his since the 70's. If he were alive today, l would beg him to "open a church' so l can attend because though he was not a Pastor, Reverend, Overseer or "Man of God" (MOG or is it MUGUN sef?), he ACCURATELY PREDICTED our social malaise nothing less than three decades (30years) in advance! None of our present day "Muguns", with all their followers, jets and ostentation could even come close to that.

Just listen to his songs (Dont dance to it, lie down on a couch and listen, then reflect on the lyrics) and you will learn a lot about this country and how we became what we are today.
I will even suggest that Schools, right from Junior Secondary to University level, should take different records of Fela Kuti and convert it into BOOKS for study. Courses should be made out of them so that the current generation can have some grounding

Yes, he smoked Indian Hemp otherwise called Cannabis and was criticised and vilified just for that but are we aware that many countries/states have of today, legalised the use of the same Indian hemp?

Problem is: Fela came BEFORE his time. He should have been born around 2099
While he was talking and thinking about issues of hundred years ahead, we the primitives around him were wondering, like the 'cave-man theory', whether what he was saying actually made sense not knowing that it is "us' that are archaic and barbaric!

R.I.P Abami Eda, you are unique so much that even your children cannot imitate you!
Like Jesus, you were not appreciated nor understood and out of sheer ignorance, fear and hatred of that which we know not, you were hunted till death but in death, your glory showed even more.

You are missed laods.

A loyal fan.

Lastpage!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by olumuyiolaoluwa: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Idiagbon did most of d work Jare undecided

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by kingthreat(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2014
Fela's talentless son Seun Kuti, trying to voice his ridiculous opinions as a result of too much smoking of marijuana.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2014
another thread on the tyranical looser?
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by deeobserver209(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
Buhari's democratic and human rights credentials are all F9.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by sweetgala(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
Fela got persecuted by everyone. He was a bane to everyone's life and we loved him for it.
Re: Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! by kanosalami: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2014
hazyfm: who cares.. keep your family story to you self
i dont think you have a family

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Will You Do To Save Nigeria If You Are Elected As President Tomorrow???? / Aiyedatiwa Appoints Ex-NASS Clerk, Olaide Adelami As Deputy Governor Of Ondo / I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.