Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps (25985 Views)

Tinubu Writes Reps, Seeks Consideration On Student Loan / Buhari Writes Reps, Seeks Increase In Petrol Subsidy To ₦4 Trillion / Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Islie: 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emeifile, has written to the House of Representatives, explaining why he will not be able…

The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emeifile, has written to the House of Representatives, explaining why he will not be able to honour the invitation sent to him in person.

The letter sent to the House by the CBN governor was read by the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila at the plenary on Wednesday.

The Speaker informed the House that, in the letter titled “Invitation For Briefing” the CBN governor had explained the reasons for his absence and had constituted a team to come and brief the House because of the urgency and importance of the matter at hand.

Gbajabiamila said, “If you recall, the Central Bank was supposed to come on Thursday, and unfortunately the Governor was with the President in America, and he wrote to send his regrets.

“We invited him for yesterday, he wrote again that he was still out of the country, which was verified that he was.

“And the Clerk received a letter and we now invited him for tomorrow and his letter which was just received by the Clerk says, ‘We refer to your letter of December 20, 2022, on the above subject, inviting the CBN Governor to appear in person on Thursday, December 22nd. Regrettably, the Governor is out of the country on official engagements as well attending to some health challenges. He is therefore unavailable to attend the briefing.

“‘Giving the urgency associated with the briefing, the Committee of Governors led by Mrs Aisha Ahmed, Deputy Governor Financial Systems Stability is prepared to brief the House.

“‘Please accept once again the Governor’s highest consideration and very warm regards’.”

Reps react

Hon Olusegun Odebunmi (APC, Oyo) opposed the decision of the House to accept to be briefed by the CBN’s team, saying that the team should be referred to the appropriate House committee, not the whole House.

Odebunmi said, “Mr Speaker, if the House wants to consider the representative of the Governor to see the House, then I suggest that, you refer them to the committee of the House, then they can report back to the House.

“If we are now inviting the representative of the Governor to speak to the House, Mr Speaker, it will not augur well with the institutions of this House”.

However, the deputy Speaker, Ahmed Idris Wase (APC, Plateau); the Chief Whip, Mohammed Tahir Monguno (APC, Borno) and Jimoh Ibrahim Olajide (APC, Lagos) said the House should allow the team to brief it as it is not about the personality of the CBN Governor, but the institution and its policies.

The Deputy Speaker, Wase said, “We are not taking it personally, but in the interest of the nation, in the interest of our own country, whatever we are doing.

“And the CBN Governor is not alone, he is the head of an institution. So, if the remaining are coming on his behalf and they are sufficient, they will give us sufficient information, I think there is nothing bad about it.

“More so, he spoke about health condition which you and I don’t have any control over. Thank you.”

On his part, Monguno said, “Honourable Speaker, Honourable members, though human memory is momentary, if I can refresh our memory, yesterday, our resolution is to the effect that, the CBN Governor paraventure, if he is unable to come for one reason or the other, he can nominate, if he is still out of the country, he can nominate a competent official or a deputy Governor that can come and brief the House.

“Now he is still out of the country, he has nominated a deputy Governor to come and brief the House as per our resolution. So, what he has done is in consonance with the resolution that was passed by this House. So, we should allow the deputy Governor to come and brief the House.”

After the contributions, the Speaker ruled that the team from the CBN should be allowed to address the House on Thursday at 10am to address the issues at hand.

He said, “We will expect the team, the ‘Committee of Governors’ led by Mrs Aisha Ahmed, the Deputy Governor, Financial Systems Stability tomorrow at 10am to brief the House on the new cash policy as prescribed by the CBN Act. The briefing of the House, tomorrow, 10am.”

The House had invited the CBN Governor to explain the various policies recently introduced by the apex bank, especially the currency redesign and the cash withdrawal limit.

https://dailytrust.com/im-attending-to-health-issues-abroad-emeifile-writes-reps/

3 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by madridguy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nigeria my country.
Africa my continent.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by JasonScoolari: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
Emi lo kan is using one of his puppet, Femi Gbajabiamila to pressure the CBN Governor, but baba is beating them to their own game and his tactics of buying time is working.

No bullion van

No Owambé

No Vote Buying. grin

188 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by GOFRONT(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ever since Emefiele stirred the hornets Reps net, neither him nor the Reps has got an atom of rest....

Emefiele Redesigned Naira note.......Reps no longer at ease.

Reps discover 70trn in Emefiele's account........Emefiele has Japa to abroad.

Abeg make una keep the drama coming.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by GoooodHardDick: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
I'll urge INEC not to waste Money conducting elections next year. They should as a matter of urgency declear Obi president of Nigeria come Feb.

I'll also urge HE Peter Obi to start preparing his inugration speech now. No doubt, he is the next president of Nigeria

160 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Moh247: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
cool

Emefiele don Japa

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Radiant01(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
CBN governor is giving them wotowoto..

Anybody that oppose this policy by CBN,is enemy to this country

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by BOLATINUBU01: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
Oloriburuku criminal, una go die there

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by iSense247: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
Tinubu is in serious trouble. Without vote buying and violence, I have more electoral value than him.

Buhari will show you shege. Ere lo'pe ni? grin grin

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Klington: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by 1gbdata: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
We the obidient people of Naija wish you a quick recovery.

Please dont come back now.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by mbahdi(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
Gud
Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by zeusdgrt(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol,Dem dey fight this guy cz of withdrawal limit for election period grin please take ur time sir,u need rest for 9months don't resume grin

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Brendaniel: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
Tinubu and Atiku don't know who they are dealing with sha, they jointly brought stubborn Buhari and gave him power over a soft Jonathan, they now want to collect the same power back from him, thinking it will be like Jonathan's time...

Buhari is not backing down - Tinubu took Buhari's presidential choice ticket - Buhari wants an equal level playing field since his choice is not on ballot

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
Get well soon Godwin.

Steveabbeyly:
The same set of Ipob, Obidirty and Obiidiots that said the policy was against the opposition when it was first announced are the same set queuing behind the policy now. Shame no dey tire you?
Don't mind those foolish and stupid Igbos.
Hypocrisy is part and parcel of their miserable lives.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by southsouthking(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
No doubt, Buhari is behind this.
But wait o, what's this man crime?
At least we they should settle the issue after election na.

5 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by JoeNL22(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hmmm......obi, hope you are seeing sumtin?

Nigeria must be great again. We all know who the recent policies are targeting. For with Emeifile, an Old Nigeria is Impossible.

20 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by socialmediaman: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by ecolime(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Bullion van Politician fighting Emefiele using his Proxies. Emefiele na dullard but I support his current initiatives.

SAY NO TO CASH STOCKING & VOTE BUYING

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by jericco1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol. Failed nation
Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Light78: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Old school method

This people should make the country better and avoid traveling for medicals abroad.

More reason we need Peter Obi

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by ObiLamba: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Demogorgon(m): 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
The game is the game

4 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Okunga: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thieves fighting against thieves. Tinubu and Godwin same criminal elements

24 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
I'll urge INEC not to waste Money conducting elections next year. They should as a matter of urgency declear Obi president of Nigeria come Feb.

I'll also urge HE Peter Obi to start preparing his inugration speech now. No doubt, he is the next president of Nigeria

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Firstcitizen: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Emefiele the dullard from the East

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by shegzhkn: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol.
Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by slipperyanus07: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Jail the fraudster asap cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Didijiji: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
PDP looted 40%

APC looted and is looting 600% including loans and returned loots

17 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by makavalley(m): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
It's gonna be a long journey for this polithiefcians

2 Likes

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Amala and ewedu miscreants in the mud again grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am Attending To Health Issues Abroad, Emeifile Writes Reps by Maxikenna: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
So sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Adeleke Cleared Hospital Bill Of Osun Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplet(pics) / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe / Benue Governor Ortom Working On His Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.