Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Don't Lie! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Don't Lie! (2594 Views)

The Three People You Must Not Lie To / What Tribe Is The Richest When It Comes To Respect? Don’t Lie Ooo!! / Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2008
Did you have lice in your hair when you were a kid??

don't lie!

Eni ti o ba paro a j'ale. (All liars shall die and be cast into the lake of fire) grin grin
Re: Don't Lie! by JamaicanQT(f): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
no i've never dont even know what it looks like in real life,
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2008
No problem. Welcome to Naijaland.

Stay tuned to this thread and you will soon find out!! grin
Re: Don't Lie! by HRhotness(f): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2008
yes oh,

i rmbr i it was just before my 10th birthday, i had my look all planned, i was going to knock 'em dead with my outfit. in my infinite wisdom i decided to sleep on the househelps bed, she was new and younger and nicier than the previous one (who got pregnant for the mechanic down d road, by the way). anyways for about a week after, i was scrathing my hair like a crzy person. everybody attributed it to d braids i was carrying which i promised to wash but everyone suspected i didnt. the braids were due to come out in a couple of days anyways to make way for my glam new hair do, so no one was worried.

they were discovered when my braids were being taken out. everyone believed d only way to get rid of ur lice was to scrap off all ur hair, me in my own party that i had planned for months completely bald? shocked there was no way i was scraping my head, even if i didnt hav a party that toom me months and endless tantrums to achieve! i adamantly refused! i made it clear that i was ready to accomodate the lice as ong as i get to keep my hair. i bawled my eyes out for 6 hrs straight and my grandmum decided we should try getting rid of them with insecticides. i was ready and willing to submit to experiments as long i don't loose my hair.

so that night my grand mum bought sheltox and emptied a can on my hair and scalp, then wrapped d hair very tightly with a scarf. i was spsd to leave it in till the morning but it took all of 10 minutes till
i was howling in pain, my mum was immediately going to wash it off, i refused because i figure if it was this painful for me then obviously the lice wldnt survive. . . i was going to leave it on for as long as was humanely possibe to achieve to annihilation. i stayed that way for another hr befor my mum, grandma and cousin wer able to wresle me into the bath-tub to get it washed off. needless to say it worked and i had my hair relaxed a cuople of days later and had a fab bday extravaganza.

the end grin

heaven here i come
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm glad ur day turned out as you wanted it eventually.

At a point I started enjoying the fact that I had lice in my hair o. I used to deliberately play with sand so there would be lice in my hiar. I would then put a mirror down, brush my hair on it and watched the nasty li'l buggers drop and crawl on the mirror - used to get mad if nothing dropped from my hair.

The nanny then would dip my head into a bowl of kerosene then tie a scarf on my head - the pain was unbearable but trust me, I'll still go sit on the mirror, start brushing and watch as the dead lice cropped off.

Now, how would I handle it if my son decided to pay me back in kind??
Re: Don't Lie! by HRhotness(f): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
if ur son does, getting rid of the lice wld be a nothing, there r numerous ways these days and definitely less painful.
Re: Don't Lie! by Gamine(f): 6:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
Gamine, did you grow up in Nigeria and did you play outside with the other kids??
Re: Don't Lie! by Gamine(f): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2008
i grew up in Nigeria o

we played with sand, yeah in school.

we didnt have any lice, my sisters only got ringworm and sandfly bites.

i got typhoid.

Most of our play at home was on lawns and concrete.
Re: Don't Lie! by Hugger: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
I remember having lice in my hair in boarding house. I was advised to apply some lotion of kerosene and some other stuff which I did. Guess what? It worked!
Re: Don't Lie! by KarmaMod(f): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2008
I can sincerely say No.

Was only a victim of chicken pox and measles in school

Lice is still better than the imprint of ringworm i used to see on kid's heads. ick embarassed
Re: Don't Lie! by benincitys(f): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2008
yes many times i hate them .
Re: Don't Lie! by Gamine(f): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2008
Ring worm on head?? undecided undecided

kai!, that gotta hurt!
Re: Don't Lie! by Jarus(m): 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2008
I can't remember having
Re: Don't Lie! by omoge(f): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2008
karma, lol they call it lapalapa right? that thing is grin it never misses the target area lol grin roundish looking ewwwwwww, i see pple using McClean, close up toothpaste on it. it is really worm?
Re: Don't Lie! by HRhotness(f): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
I had ring worms too. . . . but on my left foot. . . was massive and was there for ages.

i rmbr i got it off a group of dodgy kids i met when i tried to run away from home one time. . . grin grin grin
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
Hotness - you had everything o. Na wah.

Kuruna nko? grin
Re: Don't Lie! by Angolobabe(f): 6:01am On Oct 29, 2008
yes when i was 9 yrs old and my mom shaved all my hairs for that reason and i hate it.
Re: Don't Lie! by spikedcylinder: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2008
AH!

My own dad used to soak our (my siblings and I and it was usually that my yeye brother that brought it into the house) own heads with Petrol! Petrol o. Imagine!
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2008
My dad once told someone to put conc dettol in his eyes because the guy had 'appollo'.

the guy nearly became blind
Re: Don't Lie! by spikedcylinder: 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2008
You have a colourful family don't ya? cheesy
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2008
yup. I have 4 sisters. so you have an idea of the noise in the house. My dad almost became a woman sef - too much noise all over.

I had a sign on my door : Enter at your own risk

so none of my sisters dared come in o.
Re: Don't Lie! by minute(f): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2008
Yeah once in primary four.

I also had tanmona and Eewo all over my head.
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2008
minute:

Yeah once in primary four.

I also had tanmona and Eewo all over my head.

Damn! those two together at once?? you must have been bald then.

Gorimapa
Re: Don't Lie! by SeanT21(f): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2008
I did not have Lice but i had Worms in My Stomach!!
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2008
SeanT21:

I did not have Lice but i had Worms in My Stomach!!

Didnt we all? and we were forced to take combatrin
Re: Don't Lie! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2008
kokoye:

Proud vet of Combantrin's Kids club. grin
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2008
there was this powder used to suppress headaches and feverish feelings called ALABUKUN

God! I hated it with a passion - worse than agbo
Re: Don't Lie! by SeanT21(f): 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2008
kokoye:

OH Yes, I had sooo many worms.It was white and Long. While sitting in class at school one day, I felt the worms  crawling in my butt.I got so scared and ran to the bathroom, Pull my pants down and started screaming for the Jenator to come and take the worm out. He was also afraid of worms.I had to sit there till the worm crawl out alive.*shivers*

My Mom used to make take these stupid worms medicine that did not kill the worms but let them come out of my ass. I remember once when i was sleeping the worm crawl out my nose.My mom told me to take it and throw it away but I was soo damn scared and refuse.

When I was little, me and my cousin used to have worms hanging in our diapers.hmmmm, those days.

When I used to take the worms medicine, I will never Poo for weeks. I was afraid of the worms comming out.My mom used to take me in the bathroom, Hold me tight and haul the worms out.The feeling of it comming out of my ass used to make me so afraid that I will run out of the bathroom with my pants down and the worms hanging out my ass.I LOVE U MOMMY!!

I think it was Tape Worm.
Re: Don't Lie! by kokoye(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2008
Damn! what the hell were you eating - refugee food mixed with sugar?
Re: Don't Lie! by damiso(f): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2008
never had lice but had eczema on my chest at 8(when i started bathing myself)i tot rubbing the sponge on my tummy and face was enough embarassed

This actually made my 'new found bath independence' stop as my mom took over my bathing again till i got the beta knack of it.haa and my mother bathing you was like WWF in the bathroom by the time she finishes you would be red(i know, i know black people dont turn red but i am sure i was under the skin) wink
Re: Don't Lie! by DavidDylan(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2008
SeanT21 were did you get all those worms?  shocked cheesy

Nah, never had lice . . . for some reason since i was a kid i've been obsessed with taking a thorough bath and shampooing my hair.
Never had worms too, only chicken pox i caught from my brother who caught it from a classmate. We were bathed in calamine lotion and placed in quarantine in the house for 2 weeks!  sad Unfortunately it fell during salah period so we couldnt go out and watch the cows being dragged all over the compound.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sun Shines On The West / Culture Of Disrespect / Why Do Babalawos And Other Ritualists Still Remain Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.