Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. (6914 Views)

Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru / Had Jonathan Won Naira Would Be 1000 Naira To A Dollar -- President Buhari / I Have Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Mekateka: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Ofunaofu: fact is the GEJ govt is the most tribalistic govt nigeria ever had. I thought appointment into 'key' positions is based on competence and capability.
Gej playing tribal/religion politics since 2009..
go for ebola if you are not happy with GEJ.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Mekateka: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: A smart government will not play open tribal politics because it won't favor him and the tribe he perceivedly favored in the future. You need to realise that Jonathan will leave power some day and power will shift to the "marginalised" region. What will be the igbo fate? That's why I am against tribal politics
the south east have been marginalised by previous governments and God has blessed them with GEJ. So allow them enjoy their time, don't be jealous.

6 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2014
I will say, like i always say!

GEJ TILL 2019
cool

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Mekateka: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Jakpon: Flooded Enugu international airport. This is the landmark achievement of Gej to the igbos
and yet igbos are still grateful and happy with the airport. Please can you mention just 1 thing Obasanjo did in the south east? Or other m0rons that ruled from the north?

7 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by thwarrior72: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2014
berem: Apart from the Enugu International Airport,what other projects have been completed? He didn't start the Owerri-Onitsha road in his tenure so he shouldn't be commended for that. What other project has he finished? angry
Which one did the monkey faced obasanjo did to southeast?

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by thwarrior72: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2014
Jakpon: Flooded Enugu international airport. This is the landmark achievement of Gej to the igbos
Atleast,it tongue is better than not having at all
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by backtosender: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2014
it is better that GEJ is showing igbos that SW,north never want igbos to do well in one nigeria we are practicing, my believe is that if not for GEJ in power by now nigeria could have breaking into pieces long time .It cannot go on like it use to be that could lead to another thing entirely so yorubas and northerners should thank jona for holding nigeria together.....
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by thwarrior72: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
But GEJ should stop petting himself on the back, he hasn't done much to the igbos & besides, he's not doing us any favours, we are a legal part of this entity called Nigeria undecided

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by lakpalakpa: 8:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Ndigbo-Chop-Sand-Band

grin

1 Like

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by ojesymsym: 9:03am On Sep 05, 2014

Please tell me this picture is fake. Please even if it is true, please don't tell me.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Eziachi: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Who give fard about your appointment to few individuals that benefit them and their immediate families?
Igbos needs urgent investments in modern infrastructures that help any individual with strength, talent, skill and motivation to thrive, not prime jobs for a selected few.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 05, 2014
Mekateka: the south east have been marginalised by previous governments and God has blessed them with GEJ. So allow them enjoy their time, don't be jealous.
What has the government done for the SE? why should I be Jealous when the President himself is from My tribe?

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Orunto: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2014
O Yes. Mr. President. Ndigbo knows that your middle name is Nnamdi, but beware of appointee like Ihejirika. Welldone Ma. Peace!
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by felifeli: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2014
PhockPhockMan: President Goodluck Jonathan has applauded the attention his administration is giving the Igbo, whom he said, are well represented in his government and are being appointed to positions which no previous administrations ever gave them.

The President also said the Igbo had also benefited from many projects completed by his government in the South-East.

He said these during this year’s World Igbo Congress Day in Huston, United States of America.

The event had held on Saturday, but a copy of the President’s speech at the ceremony was only made available to journalists by the presidential spokesman, Dr. Reuben Abati, on Thursday.

President Jonathan, who said his administration’s appointments were based on competence, equity and fairness, noted that he would leave it to “historians” to determine whose administration had done more for the Igbo in terms of federal appointments.

The President said, “Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, in pursuit of productivity and excellence, we have appointed competent and capable men and women to positions of high authority and strategic responsibility in all fields of national endeavour.

“In our dogged determination to develop our country, the Igbo are well represented and in some of these appointments, the Igbo are having them for the first time.

“Some have said that this government has done more in appointments than any other in our history for the Igbo, but that is a matter for the pundits and historians. Let me state that appointments by this administration, across the country, will continue to be based on equity, fairness and competence.

“Even when some utilise politics to undermine our commitment to fairness and justice, we will deploy the principle of Federal Character to progressively correct it. No part of Nigeria under my leadership will be shortchanged.”

He added that in terms of projects and policies, the Igbo had benefited from his administration’s commitment.

Accordingly, the President said his administration had completed many federal roads, which were left in bad state by previous administrations.

He said, “Similarly in projects and policies, we have continued to do our best. Throughout the South-East, we inherited federal roads in very poor conditions.

“In spite of the highly competitive demand and constraints on funding, we have taken on most of the major roads, realising the impact that their improvement will have on business and life in our country.

“The Owerri-Onitsha road, which was under construction at the outset of my administration, has been virtually completed. Three other very important roads, the Enugu-Onitsha expressway, the Enugu-Port Harcourt road and the Nguzu-Edda-Nkporo-Ohafia road which cuts across Ebonyi and Abia States, are steadily progressing. Our hope is that improved budget and Sure-P funding will see quicker action in the months ahead.

“The Ohaozara-Ishiagu road and Enugu-Abakaliki road are some of those that have progressed to good standard. Further attention will be focused on the Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene road, which is already being addressed remedially by the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-given-igbo-positions-theyve-never-had-jonathan/

What do we have here ? A NEPOTIST for president ?

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by fairheven: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2014
Ofunaofu: fact is the GEJ govt is the most tribalistic govt nigeria ever had. I thought appointment into 'key' positions is based on competence and capability.
Gej playing tribal/religion politics since 2009..
Tell me who is not competent an who is not capable?
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Gbawe: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2014
PhockPhockMan: The same playing of politics that made Obasanjo to marginalise Ndigbo for eight good years.

I am not at all interested in the topic because it is entirely up to Igbos if they want to ignore reality and be taken in by the deception of a snake oil salesman only ultimately interested in his own selfish ambition.

What I hate is unfair revisionism and mindless defamation of others. I am not at all a fan of OBJ but I am an eternal fan of calling a spade a spade and defending the truth always even if such goes against my interest. How on earth did OBJ marginalise Igbos? That GEJ is using deception 101 and tokenism to fool paranoid people like you does not mean we should stand modern history on its head with lies and and outlandishly false utterances.

Your problem is that, above everything else, you are keen to always see some as "brother" and others as "enemies" (Yorubas, Hausa, Fulani). You will even embrace ridiculous lies to support your aberrant persona. Were Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili, Akunyili, Ken Nnamani, Soludo and other Igbos not powerful and cornerstone members of the OBJ's government? Did OBJ favour any ethnic group above meritoriously deserving Igbos? In fact he even empowered undeserving Igbos. We remember how OBJ took an American bankrupt and nonentity(Andy Ubah) and transformed him into a very rich and influential political palyer and guber candidate in a very short time and you are here trying to lie the man hated/marginalised Igbos?

Will truth and reality always be a victim of the paranoia of some Igbos and the hatred people like you have for all things Yoruba? OBJ empowered many especially Igbos. That is current history we all witnessed. No civil war long thing which involves history many of us did not witness and thus subject to our biased interpretations. What did OBJ and his gang do for the SW or the North he did not do for the SE? The same OBJ who fought Lagos to a standstill and did everything to hamper the progress of the State? The same OBJ who mortgaged the entire South-West into the hands of regressive criminals? Dude, the Igbos fared very well under OBJ. Let us leave it at that and don't start annoying and ridiculous revisionism because you are indoctrinated to proclaim every Yoruba man dedicated to "marginalising" Igbos. Aside OBJ failing to make his "sons" Chris and Andy Ubah Governors of Ogun and Oyo State, how did he marginalise the Igbos? Did he deprive them of important office or turn the North and SW into Dubai while faling to do same for the SE?

Face your silly topic and leave OBJ out of your dishonesty and love of revisionism driven by the unobjective hatred of others. I don't like him but he does not deserve your lies when he did everything to include and empower Igbos. Worship GEJ clannishly if you wish. It is your prerogative. Yet you do not have to lie ridiculously, even if that is default behaviour for you, that a Yoruba man who was very fair to Igbos" marginalised" or "excluded" them. That is bull manure which makes a mockery of the history we all witnessed recently !!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by chucky234(m): 9:51am On Sep 05, 2014
GEJ making dumb and senseless utterances since 1960.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by fairheven: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2014
anago900: comments powered by Disqus
Guguru
So, he did what he was supposed to do as President and yet he celebrates it as though
he engaged in an extraordinary accomplishment? Nigeria is the only place where people
celebrate accomplishing tasks set in their job description. Ordinarily, they would not
perform any task at all. Thank God for Jonathan doing the job he is being paid to do. He
thinks he is doing the Igbo people a favor. Well, if the Igbo people feel that he is doing
them a favor then they deserve to be treated with political disrespect for their lack of
political consciousness and sophistication.
Omooba Adekunle Orafidiya
Very true. The Igbo nation is the main beneficiary of Goodluck Ebola Jonathan’s
Administration. No surprise because he himself belongs to the Igbo ethnic stock. After all
Ebele (Ebola) and Azikiwe are neither Hausa nor Efik names..
Error no:1."Azikiwe is not an Ibo name

Error no.2.Ihejirika was duelly qualified for the post of chief of army staff,it wasn't as if they handpicked him for that rank,or they picked him ahead of someone who was higher on ranks.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 05, 2014
Like I said before, yorubas should hold tinubu responsible for giving the house of rep seat to tambuwal instead of a Yoruba.
tinubu marginalized his people with party politics, not gej.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2014
fairheven:
Error no:1."Azikiwe is not an Ibo name

Error no.2.Ihejirika was duelly qualified for the post of chief of army staff,it wasn't as if they handpicked him for that rank,or they picked him ahead of someone who was higher on ranks.

Does that mean nnamdi azikiwe is not Igbo? Y write that trash?
Ur second point is in order
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Ghost01(m): 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Same old BS. It's like Bisi Akande, as interim chairman of the APC, addressed the same Igbo congress not too long ago to tell them that the APC represents and will articulate the interest of the Igbo people and as such they should support the 'progressives'? All our politicians think the same way, in the same direction. Ours is effectively a one-party state; the dichotomy(ies) only exist on the surface. I must add though that, sometimes, the pot is (clearly) blacker than the kettle.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Nonybb: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
We cant afford to let GEJ lose 2015 Election better than the Nigerian Arabs. We are not only born to follow!
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by nku5: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: A smart government will not play open tribal politics because it won't favor him and the tribe he perceivedly favored in the future. You need to realise that Jonathan will leave power some day and power will shift to the "marginalised" region. What will be the igbo fate? That's why I am against tribal politics

Don't worry about the igbo man. So far na this Nigeria we never expected anything from anybody. Despite the decades of marginalisation the igbo man has thrived. If the "marginalised" people (whoever they might be) takes over there is nothing they can do that will raise the average igbo man's eyebrow unless they destroy our highways etc
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Lordlexyy: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: What has the government done for the SE? why should I be Jealous when the President himself is from My tribe?
barcanista, you are my true Nigerian brother. You mean Mr. President is from your tribe and you never stop being objective about his government for once? If there is anyone worth emulating, bros na you. I may have disagreed with you on some issues, but this thing you just said makes you my nairaland personality of all time. Bros, we need more of you. With folks like you, believe you me, there is hope for this country. Remain bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Gbawe:

I am not at all interested in the topic because it is entirely up to Igbos if they want to ignore reality and be taken in by the deception of a snake oil salesman only ultimately interested in his own selfish ambition.

What I hate is unfair revisionism and mindless defamation of others. I am not at all a fan of OBJ but I am an eternal fan of calling a spade a spade and defending the truth always even if such goes against my interest. How on earth did OBJ marginalise Igbos? That GEJ is using deception 101 and tokenism to fool paranoid people like you does not mean we should stand modern history on its head with lies and and outlandishly false utterances.

Your problem is that, above everything else, you are keen to always see some as "brother" and others as "enemies" (Yorubas, Hausa, Fulani). You will even embrace ridiculous lies to support your aberrant persona. Were Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili, Akunyili, Ken Nnamani, Soludo and other Igbos not powerful and cornerstone members of the OBJ's government? Did OBJ favour any ethnic group above meritoriously deserving Igbos? In fact he even empowered undeserving Igbos. We remember how OBJ took an American bankrupt and nonentity(Andy Ubah) and transformed him into a very rich and influential political palyer and guber candidate in a very short time and you are here trying to lie the man hated/marginalised Igbos?

Will truth and reality always be a victim of the paranoia of some Igbos and the hatred people like you have for all things Yoruba? OBJ empowered many especially Igbos. That is current history we all witnessed. No civil war long thing which involves history many of us did not witness and thus subject to our biased interpretations. What did OBJ and his gang do for the SW or the North he did not do for the SE? The same OBJ who fought Lagos to a standstill and did everything to hamper the progress of the State? The same OBJ who mortgaged the entire South-West into the hands of regressive criminals? Dude, the Igbos fared very well under OBJ. Let us leave it at that and don't start annoying and ridiculous revisionism because you are indoctrinated to proclaim every Yoruba man dedicated to "marginalising" Igbos. Aside OBJ failing to make his "sons" Chris and Andy Ubah Governors of Ogun and Oyo State, how did he marginalise the Igbos? Did he deprive them of important office or turn the North and SW into Dubai while faling to do same for the SE?

Face your silly topic and leave OBJ out of your dishonesty and love of revisionism driven by the unobjective hatred of others. I don't like him but he does not deserve your lies when he did everything to include and empower Igbos. Worship GEJ clannishly if you wish. It is your prerogative. Yet you do not have to lie ridiculously, even if that is default behaviour for you, that a Yoruba man who was very fair to Igbos" marginalised" or "excluded" them. That is bull manure which makes a mockery of the history we all witnessed recently !!!!!!!
STORY THAT TOUCHES THE HEART.
List the projects Obasanjo started or completed in Igboland in 8 years, I will list the ones Jonathan has done in 4 years.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
felifeli:

What do we have here ? A NEPOTIST for president ?
You need deliverance.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by kel4soft: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
My take on GEJ performance on AlaIgbo:

1.PH-Enugu Road
1.Aba-Ikot Ekpene Road
2.Umuahia-Akwa Ibom Road
3.PH-Owerri Road
4.Onitsha-Enugu Road
5.Owerri-Onitsha Road
**Second Niger Bridge project
**sea port
These are roads I have plied, you can add others if you want. The truth is that only Owerri-Onitsha road constructed by OBJ who the Igbo hate are worthy of driving. Please, Can anyone of igbo here post a Federal Highway road constructed by GEJ in Alaigbo that can be compare to this.

The Igbos should know supporting GEJ is as result of self marginalization on key positions in Nigeria and not in terms of Infrastructural development. IMO, GEJ has done more for the North in terms of infrastructural development than any other zone in Nigeria including his home zone south-south.
Sadly, the gambaris don't give a toss about that.

Picture source: https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Owerri-Onitsha+road&client=firefox-a&hs=UMu&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=UasJVODANc7gaPGFgJAG&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=696#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Jj-j8qsMqD6H_M%253A%3BX3VkkAfh_GzBaM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nairaland.com%252Fattachments%252F675124_Onitsha-Owerri_road_jpg155e2082f6cf865e5237ee3afd1b1a47%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nairaland.com%252F907709%252Fowerri-onitsha-road-great%3B1024%3B768

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by lakpalakpa: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
Gbawe:

SMH, wasted epistle!!!

The folks you're explaining to are irredeemably myopic and suffer from voluntary amnesia.

Stop wasting your time on them...

9 Likes

Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by fairheven: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
Evergreen123:

Does that mean nnamdi azikiwe is not Igbo? Y write that trash?
Ur second point is in order
Plz no insult! Can we reason without resulting to insults?
To my point,I only corrected u for attributing the origin of the name "azikiwe" to Ibo,well since u don't know(intentionally did not explain),that name is northern origin,the late zik was born an brought up in the north,Niger State,to be precise,(then we had one-nigeria,were people were less tribalised)that was how the name came about .u can ask questions if in doubt.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
99100:

The occasion was World Igbo day. And as such what do you expect him to say ? He must give the Igbos reasons to revote him again.

If the Yorubas would hold similar occasion , he will also go there and tell them the laudable achievements the region had (and ongoing ones )under his administration.

The problem is that people like you will always find fault in whatever steps the president takes.

But I've since realised that to avoid criticism ; You must be nothing, say nothing and do nothing .
It's the same people that had been claiming that the president has not done enough to deserve Igbos vote. Now that he has defended himself, they are crying.

So unfortunate.
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
ideycraze: GEJ- Dividing Nigerian along ethnic line
How?
Re: I’ve Given Igbo Positions They’ve Never Had – Jonathan. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
Lordlexyy: barcanista, you are my true Nigerian brother. You mean Mr. President is from your tribe and you never stop being objective about his government for once? If there is anyone worth emulating, bros na you. I may have disagreed with you on some issues, but this thing you just said makes you my nairaland personality of all time. Bros, we need more of you. With folks like you, believe you me, there is hope for this country. Remain bless.
My brother, tribalism favors no one but the political actors and their friends. I will disappoint my conscience and my family if I tow the path making judgement based on tribal, religious or otherwise affiliation. Thank you for your words bro, I am humbled smiley smiley smiley and glad grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Boy Draws Goodluck Jonathan With Just A Biro-- See Wonderful Pics / EFCC Docks Usman Jibrin, Mshelia, And Ahmadu Over N600m fraud / Nigerians In Total Shock As Buhari’s Secret Letters To Judges Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.