Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike (3100 Views)

Boko Haram Holds Open Courts In Adamawa / Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War / Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Rikidony(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2014
The battle for Bama, Borno State’s second largest town, which was
seized by Boko Haram four days ago, got hotter yesterday.
Amid heavy bombardment, the military fought to recover the town.
Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adeshola Amosun, has relocated to
Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, to coordinate the air strikes.
It was gathered that Boko Haram members have blocked all link roads
to Bama.

The “push in” by troops had recorded what sources described as
“modest gain” but the military was yet to reclaim the town by last
night.

A top source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The insurgents were still
holding on to Bama, they are still in charge. Typical of rag-tag
insurgents, they are holding on to the last straws.
“But the troops are gaining upper hand through heavy air strikes. We
are mostly fighting the battle in the air in Bama and Gwoza.
“The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adeshola Amosun, is personally
supervising the aerial battle having relocated to Maiduguri from Abuja
since Friday. This underscores the importance attached to the air
strikes.

“With aerial bombardment, we are hopeful that the troops launching
the “push in” will finally take over the town.
“The insurgents are feeling the air strikes, they are suffering huge
losses. From intelligence report, the bombardments have become
unbearable for them and they might vacate the place within the next
24 to 48 hours.

“What we need to do now is for troops to gain access by land to Bama
and dominate the place. We will reclaim these two towns.”
Also yesterday, the military moved fast to unravel the circumstances
surrounding the reported desertion of another 400 soldiers.
Cameroon’s military claimed yesterday that the Nigerian soldiers are
seeking refuge in the country after fleeing from battle with Boko
Haram militants in Borno State.

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ), sources said, is trying to reach
commanders at the “battle front” and may contact Cameroon for
details of the matter.
Though the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 7 Division in
Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, was said to have told the military
high command that there was no case of desertion, the DHQ is
determined to ascertain the veracity of the claim.
A source said: “The Defence Headquarters is looking into the claim by
Cameroonian Army which is yet to get in touch with us.
“So far, the GOC and other officers have claimed that no such incident
was reported by troops at the battle front. We have asked them to
crosscheck.

“We are trying to link up with various units and Cameroon to ascertain
the veracity of a report by an international medium.
“If it is true, this is the worst form of desertion and it is wrong. If it
is true, we are suspecting that the way the first desertion was reported
might have encouraged this batch.”
Cameroon state radio, the soldiers arrived at the Cameroonian border
town of Amchide, where they handed their weapons to military
officials.
Cameroon military spokesman Colonel Didier Badjeck told the Voice of
America (VOA) that the soldiers were accepted in the spirit of fighting
Boko Haram alongside Nigerian forces.

Speaking in French, Badjeck described challenging situations in war
that cause troops to flee, adding that Cameroon had demonstrated that
it is a nation that assumes its responsibility to those in harm’s way.
Last week 480 Nigerian soldiers crossed over to Cameroon, ostensibly
in “hot pursuit of Boko Haram militants.” Two-hundred forty-six of
them have since returned to Nigeria, Badjeck said.

The DHQ said the development was a tactical manouevre but has made
no comment on the latest movement of soldiers across the border.
In May, Cameroon’s Information Minister said President Paul Biya and
President Goodluck Jonathan, had been communicating as part of a
collaborative effort to defeat Boko Haram by sharing intelligence and
allowing troops to pursue militants across borders if necessary.
Last night, the Federal Government directed massive supply of relief
materials to more than 30,000 displaced persons from Bama who are
in Maiduguri.

A team from the National Emergency Management Agency(NEMA) will
deliver the relief items on today.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/boko-haram-holds-bama-as-military-pounds-town/
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2014
Oh boy

Will I blame this on sabotage or faulty man know man recruitment

GEJ God is your strength.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by kkkp: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2014
So they really lost Bama shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
kkkp: So they really lost Bama shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria military dey fall hand.

See as dey take sell us lie.

CheI

Daris God ooooo

Jona till 2019

North solve your problem
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by diablos: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2014
BlackTechnology: Oh boy

Will I blame this on sabotage or faulty man know man recruitment

GEJ God is your strength.

Blame it on anything man...doz soldiers beta stay in cameroon cuzz cowardice n desertation(MIA) in d military is a very grave offense.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Firefire(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Terrorism is a global fight... Devils’ strategy for the last days

Check the world map and see how terrorism is spreading. sad

Nigeria can only win the war faster if we stop reading and spreading lies and propaganda.

Our prayers should be with our troop that God should grant them GRACE and SAFETY as they face those who don’t want to live.

GOD BLESSES Nigerian Armed Forces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2014
diablos:

Blame it on anything man...doz soldiers beta stay in cameroon cuzz cowardice n desertation(MIA) in d military is a very grave offense.

If I am their commander, I will kill 1 out of 20 in their presence to serve as deterrence.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by seankafor(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2014
kill every human being that is not a soldier in bama..massacre evry living thing u come acrross...destroy every building with air raids.(no exception) take no captives..raiz the bama town.let the streets fill to the bream with body of dead insurgents and their blood..infact if they can use nuclear weapon they should use it in those captured villages..let them use bio weapons like gas carnisters..if they font hav let the borrow..those villages over their should be cleansed and they should start afresh cos those are casualties of war..
lastly...........kill and destroy every living soul, animal,houses, take no captives..
God bless nigerian army

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Raiders: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Nigeria Army dey fork up. why cant they destroy the rag-tag terrorist? Nigeria army used to be the best in Africa. Nigeria is losing territory while GEJ is out of the country and don't seems to care. he is the Commander in chief of the Nigeria army and should be in country supervising the army. GEJ needs to step up his game or step down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by viczing(m): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2014
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Unblockable: 8:50am On Sep 05, 2014
I thought when SaharaReporters reported it, they said they were lying; that BokoHaram never seized Bama. Anyways, thank God the Nigerian Military is trying to takeover the town again!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Rikidony(m): 8:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Raiders: Nigeria Army dey fork up. why cant they destroy the rag-tag terrorist. I thought they claim to be the best army in Africa. Nigeria is losing territory while GEJ is out of the country. GEJ needs to step up his game or step down

I used to tell my friends back then in Secondary school that NA do not have the best troops but they do argue with me about Ecomog victories even when I tell them that if not for airpower, NA would have lost.

Today, ND militants and BH have proven me right.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2014
i dont even know what is going on...today its boko haram flee, tomorrow its NA fleeing, embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by kristonium(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2014
they actually lost Bama?
why the cover up in the 1st place?
Oh I miss Obasanjo!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by diablos: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If I am their commander, I will kill 1 out of 20 in their presence to serve as deterrence.

Lol...if diz were a real wartime eventuality...ie 2 countries at war n doz soldiers went ghost(MIA) if caught it could amount to treason n they would definitely be executed
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 9:01am On Sep 05, 2014
diablos:

Lol...if diz were a real wartime eventuality...ie 2 countries at war n doz soldiers went ghost(MIA) if caught it could amount to treason n they would definitely be executed

The officers should start now.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by SporaD8: 9:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Finally finally, the truth is coming out.
Now for the last time, who truly is in control of bama?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by shigoslim(m): 9:03am On Sep 05, 2014
I said it several time our govt is lying to us. Putting us in dark conern.

Nigeria is baffle with civil war indirectly, is bettr they carry us long so that we we all nt die cowardice.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 9:03am On Sep 05, 2014
SporaD8: Finally finally, the truth is coming out.
Now for the last time, who truly is in control of bama?

BH

But the govt is gradually recovering it.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Pangea: 9:05am On Sep 05, 2014
seankafor: kill every human being that is not a soldier in bama..massacre evry living thing u come acrross...destroy every building with air raids.(no exception) take no captives..raiz the bama town.let the streets fill to the bream with body of dead insurgents and their blood..infact if they can use nuclear weapon they should use it in those captured villages..let them use bio weapons like gas carnisters..if they font hav let the borrow..those villages over their should be cleansed and they should start afresh cos those are casualties of war..
lastly...........kill and destroy every living soul, animal,houses, take no captives..
God bless nigerian army

As you have written, so shall it be done to your village when NA takes it back from boko haram!

Sometime I wonder at the sanity of some posters?
Are they normal at all?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Rikidony(m): 9:05am On Sep 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

I used to tell my friends back then in Secondary school that NA do not have the best troops but they do argue with me about Ecomog victories even when I tell them that if not for airpower, NA would have lost.

Today, ND militants and BH have proven me right.
BRO THE MILITARY ARE DOING THEIR BEST WHAT THE LACK IS MORALE THE PRESIDENT NEED TO VISIT THEM TO SHOW THAT THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE ARE WITH THEM. AND THE ALSO NEED BETTER EQUIPMENT NOT ALL THOSE BIAFRAN WAR LEFT OVER EQUIPMENT..
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by diablos: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

The officers should start now.

Methinks d calibre of soldiers on d frontlines in borno have had little or no battle experiences, dat is why wen dey come under intense fire...d adrenalin drops n d next battle strategy they think of is abscondment.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by diablos: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Rikidony:
BRO THE MILITARY ARE DOING THEIR BEST WHAT THE LACK IS MORALE THE PRESIDENT NEED TO VISIT THEM TO SHOW THAT THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE ARE WITH THEM. AND THE ALSO NEED BETTER EQUIPMENT NOT ALL THOSE BIAFRAN WAR LEFT OVER EQUIPMENT..

Really? And how many presidents d world over ever visited d battle front to boost dia soldiers morale? Ur funny anyway.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2014
Rikidony:

What did they used during their ECOMOG days.

My friend

I have studied our military and can tell you that Nigerian military cant win sufficient battles once her airpower is neutralized.

Do you know why

1) Because those who are gifted militarily are denied admission into the military using Man know Man criteria

2) Our military stress on strength instead of brain during recruitment because they fail to realise that physical strength can be built but Battle wisdom is natural though can be train through lots of education which unfortunately we lack.

Art of War by Sun tzu and German military philosopher Clausewitz stressed more on battle wisdom during recruitment.

All Advanced nations stress on battle wisdom why we still hold on to colonial doctrine of strength because we failed to realized that the British never needed our battle wisdom because they had Britons who could do it.

Nigerian military should stop telling applicants to run 3km first but should ask them mind questions to see how they think in order to know if they have natural battle wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 9:22am On Sep 05, 2014
diablos:

Methinks d calibre of soldiers on d frontlines in borno have had little or no battle experiences, dat is why wen dey come under intense fire...d adrenalin drops n d next battle strategy they think of is abscondment.

Read my post above this
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by diablos: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Read my post above this

Word!
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Rikidony(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2014
diablos:

Really? And how many presidents d world over ever visited d battle front to boost dia soldiers morale? Ur funny anyway.
brother i dont mean visiting them @ the war front. Gej should pay them a visit at the barracks as obama and david cameron normally do in Iraq and Afghanistan

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2014
diablos:

Word!

Thanks

Let's tell our yeye military to change the pattern they recruit

A great runner do not translate to a great commanding officer whether at tactical level or strategic level.

A battle wise person will have better comportion and will rarely desert because he can think out what to do unlike those lacking wisdom

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by BlackTechnology: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2014
Rikidony:
brother i dont mean visiting them @ the war front. Gej should pay them a visit at the barracks as obama and david cameron normally do in Iraq and Afghanistan

Read my last 2 posts to see why the military is failing.

It has nothing to do with weapons.
Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Raiders: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2014
diablos:

President Bush and Obama usually visit their troops to boost the soldiers morale. President Jonathan dont really care about the soldiers morale. why should he still remain in Kenya when Nigeria just lost its territory to boko haram? The Kenya meeting is not important because he can send his aides to represent him in Kenya. Nigeria is in a state of war and we need a strong leader.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Boko Haram Holds Bama As Military Pounds Town With Massive Airstrike by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2014
Air strikes and ground push coordinated together. No heroes just technicians. Come on boyz! U can do it!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Kills School Girl,2Truck burnt In Uromi(pix)-An appeal 2government / *** Check Out The Most Beautiful First Lady In The World *** / Brief Biography Of President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.