Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] (9836 Views)

These Photos Of A 7-year-old Nigerian Model Have Got Everyone Talking / A Nigerian Model Falls As She Catwalks In Lagos / Linda Ikeji: Top Nigerian Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by pheesayor(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2008
PepERSprAY:

She is not going anywhere. undecided
I think so too cos she's not even in the top 20 and I cant get to where her own name is cos the site is not helping matter
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by MadRhythm(m): 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
PepERSprAY:

pheesayor:

I think so too because she's not even in the top 20 and I can't get to where her own name is because the site is not helping matter

Positive thoughts my friend , Yes the website makes it a bit difficult to vote quickly, but it's for a good cause

Voting ends November 20th it seems, so she has a lot of time to catch up --- NL has already pushed her forward!
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Okijajuju1(m): 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2008
Wait o!!

So all of una wan vote for her just because shes Nigerian not because shes the best contestant abi!! angry

O.k the poster should explain te relationship she has with this chick.

And if she wants my vote, she needs to come on Nairaland and solicit for it.
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2008
PepERSprAY:

na wa o! this is why nigeria has refused to improve, because we nigerians have decided that 'we're going nowhere'.

she may not have all the votes she needs right now, but it is individual trees that make a forest.

i'll vote if for no other reason than to show NL power  grin grin but she's got fantastic facial structure like someone said.
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2008
Profiling Young Nigerians in the Diaspora doing extraodinary things, I interviewed Nigerian Model, Natasha Agard. Natasha is aiming to be selected as one of the featured models for a prestigious Fashion campaign in Paris, France. Please show your support and go vote for Natasha:

To Vote for Natasha:
1) Visit http://www.kani-ladies.com

2) Click the image of the Eiffel Tower on the top right corner of the home page
3) Click the “Voting Page” link, and search for “Natasha”, and submit your vote

4) Once you submit your vote, return to this page and reply in the comments “I was vote number (Your vote number)”

—————————-

1. Hello Natasha, how are you today?

Wonderful. I feel great today.

2. I know you to be very serious about your modeling career — who are some of your inspirations?

My main inspiration is my mother, she introduced me to modeling at age 14, attending open calls, but being a student, I did not fully pursue it until I was in college. My other inspirations include, Tyra Banks, Jessica White, and Beverly Johnson, they are all beautiful models who worked really hard despite racism in the modeling world they are all successful today, and I aspire to be just like them!

3. Your mom was a model too correct? Does she give you advice or does she allow you to figure things out on your own?

Correct. She modeled during her teen and late teen years. She actually offers some advice, especially advice on the type of agencies out there and when it comes to selecting my pictures from my photo-shoots. She is supportive, but most of the times, allows me to figure things out. You only learn from experiences!

4. What would you say has been the best modeling experience thus far?

First, this industry is ridiculously difficulty to pursue especially being a black model in this country. But, in this world you find that success begins with a fellow’s will-it’s all about your state of mind. You have to work hard, stay determined, and have a great look in this industry. I was recently selected as one of the top 5 finalist for America’s Next Top Model, Season 12 casting for the DC/MD/VA region. I am very excited and proud that I made it this far!! You can see more at http://www.trendctv.com/americas-next-top-model-finalists/

5. What’s your background? Where were you born?

Okay, this is going to be a long one! I am just kidding. My mother is Nigerian, and my father is Bajan (Barbados). My parents met in England, where my father grew up. I was born in Reading, England, a small town outside of London. I lived there till about 2 years old, and moved to Nigeria where I grew up with my grandparents until age 14 before coming to the U.S. to live with my mum.

6. What is your “day job” — what pays the bills?

My day job is rather busy. I work as a Project Management Analyst with Department. of Homeland Security. To sum up what I do, I offer support in the development of the new citizenship test, which came out Oct. 1st, and I travel around the country holding training for adult teachers, who teach immigrant students. It’s a very rewarding and unique job and pays the bills as well.

7. Obama or McCain?

Obama. We do not need another term of the bush administration. We need a fundamental change in this country.

8. TuFace or P-Squared?

I love them both. TuFace is just wow, no words, “You Are My African Queen,” is my favorite African R&B song!! P-Squared, I know just a little about the brothers, but their work is splendid as well.

9. Fela or Femi Kuti?

Fela of course, a legend and an original (Nigerian Accent). His music and legacy are enduring. He made music into something revolutionary and there could be only be one Fela Ransome Kuti!

10. Michael Jackson or Prince?

Wow, Michael is my all time favorite and Prince is my second favorite. Now, I know they do not get along, but I will have to say Michael, ”Keep the faith” as Michael sings, “Keep the faith and don’t let nobody turn you ’round, you gotta know when it’s good to go to get your dreams up off the ground…”

11. Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

Neither, personally, carbonated drinks are not great, water and juices are the way to go, especially keeping your skin hydrated and smooth! A model has to do what she has to do to look great!

12. Vanilla or Chocolate?

Hmm, Vanilla if you are talking about Ice Cream, now men, hmm that’s a whole another topic!

13. Which Nigerian Model’s achievements do you admire most … Agbani Darego’s (Miss World 2001) or Oluchi Onweagba’s (Sports Illustrated, Victoria Secret)?

A really tough one. I admire both: Agbani Darego being the first African to win the Miss World title and showing the world what beauty is as well as having a passion for helping others; and Oluchi is a great inspiration who works hard in this dog-eat-dog industry, she gracefully walks the runway showing off that black is beautiful. I actually met her at Haute Magazine ‘ 07 Launch Fashion Show in New York. She is very down to earth, and I am amazed at how much she has done in successfully opening her own modeling agency for African men and women. Well done ladies!

14. Do you have a website?

Yes, you can find more about me on www.natashaagard.com

15. Any last words you would like to say to our readers?

Thank you so much for your tremendous support in helping me achieve my goal to become a working professional model. I love you all and God bless!

16. Thank you for your time Natasha.

Thank you. It was a pleasure speaking with you.

Remember, in order to vote for Natasha:

1) Visit http://www.kani-ladies.com
2) Click the image of the Eiffel Tower on the top right corner of the home page
3) Click the “Voting Page” link, and search for “Natasha”, and submit your vote
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2008
sorry, na the interview i copy and paste. some people will readily accept seal and lemar who have never performed in nigeria till date, but have probs believing that this girl is as much nigerian as any other kid of mixed parentage who lives in naija. pics to follow. no mind my boredom. i don't usually have this kind of time.

stay tuned grin grin
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2008
large ears - like mine grin

Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2008
another

Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2008
e don do. make i go sleep. if you can vote for PDP, voting for her shdn't be difficult jare.

Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Okijajuju1(m): 12:01am On Nov 01, 2008
Na even the girl Mama na ehn be Nigerian not her popsi. angry
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Ifygurl: 5:26am On Nov 01, 2008
Ohh she's pretty.

She looks like she's Igbo mixed with Fulani and Edo. Oh maybe Ijaw mixed with Igbo Fulani and Edo. Who knows, she look good.

@ the people asking if she's Nigerian because her name doesn't sound familiar.

Is Lopez a familiar name in Naija (No, it's famous in Mexico, Latin America or spain but not in Naija) but yet this girl's name is Alex Lopez(The pic under this message) and she's 100% Nigerian from Delta state.

Just because the name doesn't sound familiar doesn't mean she's not one of us.

N-way @ the topic.

Lets all vote ohh.  Wish her Goodluck.

Is she in America's Next top model r France, cause the website sent me to American Next top model website?

@ Topic

I voted. I was Number 147 or so.

Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2008
@ topic

Did u guys know u can vote more than once, i voted for her once then i tried again and refreshed the page. It actually reflected.

Just keep clicking on "vote" many times, i kept doing that and her votes have passed 500, i don tire, another person should continue
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by samix(m): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2008
she's not nigerian cos are papi ain't a nigerian but she's worth voting for cos of her mum, i fink she's got lots of knowledge 'bout nigeria, i will vote till it gets to 4000
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 01, 2008
Ok she is now more than 600, u'al should keep clickin, smiley
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by MadRhythm(m): 9:31am On Nov 01, 2008
muchbabe:

@ topic

Did u guys know u can vote more than once, i voted for her once then i tried again and refreshed the page. It actually reflected.

Just keep clicking on "vote" many times, i kept doing that and her votes have passed 500, i don tire, another person should continue
muchbabe:

Ok she is now more than 600, u'al should keep clickin, smiley

Careful o, the rules say one vote per IP address is allowed or they may disqualify the model
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Caliente(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2008
[size=13pt]Has she been to Nigeria before? undecided[/size]
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by RichyBlacK(m): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2008
I voted and she had 616 after my vote. She has also entered the top 20.

Go Natasha!
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by to: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2008
i think the girl is hot and she could win as a nigeria model we nigerians have to encourage her and make her win. she is good
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by ztyle(m): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2008
But how do we know if she is a full blooded Nigerian, Can someone help with her Wiki Page! undecided
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by SENATORJD(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2008
shes got 623 now
just voted.
hopefully it aint Prof. Maurice Iwu handling the electoral process if not.
i just might have wasted my time
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by shushu(f): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2008
x
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Gamine(f): 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2008
lol.

abegi, Thanks to Photoshop
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by mystics(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2008
Indeed very difficult to vote,
Am not crazy about such things, just becos
she got Nigerian blood running through her veins, i will keep trying
till i vote. Good luck to Natasha.
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Flakybaby(f): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2008
@ Iceblue, Lemar has bn 2 9ja during the THIS DAY NEWSPAPER show

[quote author=Ifygurl link=topic=189061.msg3024143#msg3024143 date=1225513618

Is Lopez a familiar name in Naija (No, it's famous in Mexico, Latin America or spain but not in Naija) but yet this girl's name is Alex Lopez(The pic under this message) and she's 100% Nigerian from Delta state.

Alex Lopez is not 100% 9jan, either the father or mother is 4m brazil, cant remember which 1 now.
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by EloSela(f): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2008
Hi Guys

I know this girl indirectly through her sister. Natasha's Dad (Bajan) had an relationship with her mum (Nigerian) after meeting in England. They then broke up and the mum moved to Nigeria with baby Natasha. Teen Natasha then moved to the US with her mother and has been there ever since. Natasha hardly knows her Dad and is more in tune with her Nigerian side than she is with the Bajan. She is very close to her sister though, my friend, who is full Bajan.  .  .she is indeed Nigerian so show the sister some love and vote! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by agaba123(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2008
Flakybaby:

@ Iceblue, Lemar has bn 2 Nigeria during the THIS DAY NEWSPAPER show

[quote author=Ifygurl link=topic=189061.msg3024143#msg3024143 date=1225513618

Alex Lopez is not 100% 9jan, either the father or mother is 4m brazil, can't remember which 1 now.

Whichever way she get naija blood make una vote am.

Abi you you make we vote you?
enter the competition
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by agaba123(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2008
EloSela:

Hi Guys

I know this girl indirectly through her sister. Natasha's Dad (Bajan) had an relationship with her mum (Nigerian) after meeting in England. They then broke up and the mum moved to Nigeria with baby Natasha. Teen Natasha then moved to the US with her mother and has been there ever since. Natasha hardly knows her Dad and is more in tune with her Nigerian side than she is with the Bajan. She is very close to her sister though, my friend, who is full Bajan. Dad is one of those types with loads of kids with women of all nationalities so don't put too much weight on her Bajan side. . .she is indeed Nigerian so show the sister some love and vote! grin grin grin grin grin
Do you mean her father is an international baby factory? lipsrsealed
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by EloSela(f): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2008
agaba123:

Do you mean her father is an international baby factory? lipsrsealed
I no wan talk too much but something like that. It will be interesting to see how he will behave when Natasha becomes famous. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by biolabee(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2008
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by benincitys(f): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2008
i just voted for her number 635, only one vote please.
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 01, 2008
Caliente:

[size=13pt]Has she been to Nigeria before? undecided[/size]

y u dey waste my copy and paste na? angry angry she lived in naija for 12 yrs b4 returning.

Flakybaby:

@ Iceblue, Lemar has bn 2 Nigeria during the THIS DAY NEWSPAPER show

na u sabi. that boy shd be coming to the village every christmas, or isn't he igbo again? cool cool cool

EloSela:

Hi Guys

I know this girl indirectly through her sister. Natasha's Dad (Bajan) had an relationship with her mum (Nigerian) after meeting in England. They then broke up and the mum moved to Nigeria with baby Natasha. Teen Natasha then moved to the US with her mother and has been there ever since. Natasha hardly knows her Dad and is more in tune with her Nigerian side than she is with the Bajan. She is very close to her sister though, my friend, who is full Bajan. Dad is one of those types with loads of kids with women of all nationalities so don't put too much weight on her Bajan side.  .  .she is indeed Nigerian so show the sister some love and vote! grin grin grin grin grin

even if she chewing gum her papa, she's still naija jooo. after all, some people here on nairaland (i wont mention names tongue tongue tongue) when they were in school, used to regularly collect scholarship funds from states no one in their lineage has ever come from cry cry stop throwing stones guys and vote!

meanwhile, her popsie dey vex o!
Re: Is this Nigerian Model good enough to get your vote? [pic] by Delebayo(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2008
You say make we vote, we don vote for the 9ja babe, i wish her luck
i think my vote count 637 cheesy grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Know Original And Fake Product / The Seven Basics Shapes Of Face: Find Out Where You Belong / Advice Needed... How Do I Start This Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.