Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 (31022 Views)

Funaab post utme form 2015/2016 and admission update / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by hydee22(f): 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
pls who knows when funaab post graduate 2014/2015 form will be on sale?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2014
We are in 2nd Semester now so keep checking... I"ll keep u posted
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by damiflex(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2014
hydee22:
pls who knows when funaab post graduate 2014/2015 form will be on sale?

It's out now
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2014
damiflex:

It's out now
Seriously!!

1 Like

Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the following Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes:

1.) COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL MANAGEMENT AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (COLAMRUD)

a.) Department Agricultural Economics and Farm Management (M.Agric and PhD)

Agric. Economics

MBA:

Agric - Business (Professional)

b.) Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Agric Ext. & Rural Development
Agric. Communication
Subject Matter Extension

c.) Dept of Agricultural Administration (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Human Resource Management in Agriculture
Organisational Dynamics in Agric Organisation

d.) Department of Communication General Studies (M.Sc and Ph.D)

Communication Studies
Professional and Applied Ethics

(PMCS)

Professional Masters in Communication Studies.

PGD

Communication Studies
Professional Ethics
Peace and Strategic Studies.

2.) COLLEGE OF ANIMAL SCIENCE AND LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION (COLANIM)

a.) Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Animal Biotechnology Fish Pathology
Animal Breeding and Genetics.

PGD

Poultry Breeding, Artificial Insemination and Hatchery Management

b.) Department of Animal Nutrition (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Monogastric Animal Nutrition
Ruminat Animal Nutrition

PGD

Livestock Feed Resources

c.) Department of Animal Production and Health (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Ruminat Production
Non-Ruminat Production
Livestock System.

PGD

Small Ruminat Production
Beef and Diary Cattle Production
Meat Processing and Packaging
Poultry Production
Pig Production
Rabbit Production

d.) Department of Animal Physiology (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Animal Physiology

e.) Department of Pasture and Range Management (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Pasture Production and Management
Range Management

PGD

Pasture Production

3.) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (COLENG)

a.) Department of Agricultural Engineering (M.Eng and Ph.D)

Farm Power and Machinery
Soil and Water Engineering
Processing and Storage Engineering.

b.) Department of Civil Engineering (M.Eng and Ph.D)

Highway and Traffic Engineering
Structural Engineering
Water Resources and Environmental Engineering.

c.) Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Ph.D Only)

Electrical/Electronic Engineering

d.) Department of Mechanical Engineering (Ph.D Only)

Thermo-Fluids
Industrial Engineering
Materials Engineering
Production Engineering

4.) COLLEGE OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (COLERM)

a.) Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Management (MAF and Ph.D)

Aquaculture
Fish Nutrition
Fish Pathology
Fisheries Management

PGD

Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
Nutrition and Fisheries Management

b.) Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology (MEMP)

Environmental Management and Protection

(MEM)

Environmental Management (Professional)

(P.hD)

Environmental Management
Environmental Toxicology

c.) Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management (M.F and Ph.D)

Agro - Forestry
Forestry Ecology and Coversation
Forestry Biometry
Forestry Economics and Management
(MWM and Ph.D)
Wildlife Domestication and Production
Wildlife Management
Wildlife Park Planning and Recreational Devt.

(MWS and Ph.D)

Pulps and Paper
Wood Protection and Utilization

MICT

Information and Communication Technology
Analytical Chemistry
Inorganic Chemistry
Physical Chemistry

d.) Department of Computer Science (M.Sc, Ph.D and PGD)

Computer Science

MICT

Information and Communication Technology

e.) Department of Mathematics (M.Sc and Ph.D)

Algebra (Loop Theory, Fuzzy Algebra) Ordinary Differential Equations Optimation Theory Banach Algebra Mathematics Analysis.

f.) Department of Physics (M.Sc and Ph.D)

Environmental Physics
Radiation and Health Physics
Condensed Matter Physics
Solid Earth Physics/Geophysics
Theoretical Physics

g.) Department of Statistics (M.Sc and Ph.D)

Statistics
Applied Science
Biometry

PGD (Part Time)

Statistics

5.) COLLEGE OF PLANT SCIENCE AND CROP PRODUCTION (COLPLANT)

a.) Department of Crop Protection (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Crop Protection (Entomology)
Crop Protection (Nematology)
Crop Protection (Pathology)

PGD

Crop Protection Technology

b.) Department of Horticulture (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Horticulture and Land Management

PGD

Horticulture

c.) Department of Plant Breeding and Seed Technology (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Plant Breeding
Seed Science and Technology

d.) Department of Plant Physiology and Crop Production (M.Agric and Ph.D)

Crop Physiology
Crop Production
Weed Science.

6.) COLLEGE OF VETERINARY

a.) Medicine (COLVET) (M.Vsc and Ph.D)

Veterinary Medicine
Veterinary Microbiology
Veterinary Theriogenology
Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine Veterinary Pathology
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 7:30am On Nov 03, 2014
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

To be eligible for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidate must be a First Degree holder in a relevant discipline from any recognized university. In general, all applicants must satisfy basic UME/UTME requirements for Bachelor’s Degree. Holders of HND, Upper Credit and above could be apply.
Candidates for Master's Degree Programme, must be graduates of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta or any other University recognized by the Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of second class (Upper Division) degree in relevant field. However, candidates with second class lower degree with a minimum grade point of 3.0 on a scale of 5.0 in relevant field may be considered. Candidates for MICT programmer should possess postgraduate diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc in Physical Science/Engineering or Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT exposure is beneficial but not essential. Candidates for admission to Masters and Ph.D programmes in Communication Studies shall possess University degrees in Arts, Science, Applied Science, Social Science or Education or other related disciplines.
To be eligible for admission to the MBA (Agric-Business) and Professional Master in Communication Stu degree programmes, candidate must be holders of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline.
Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma in Communication studies with a minimum cumulative average of 55% could be considered for PMCS. In addition, possession of relevant professional qualification and/or experience will be an advantage A credit pass in O-Level Mathematics is not compulsory for admission into PMCS programme which is strictly part-time (Friday and Saturday) programme. The duration of the programme is a minimum of 4 semesters.
MEM is a three semester terminal/professional programme designed for captains of industries while MEMP is an academic Master’s degree.
To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme candidate must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by senate. Holder of one years Masters degree are expected to undergo a conversion examination after first session before proceeding to a Ph.D programme. Candidates for academic Master and Ph.D programme shall be required to submit a research proposal along with their application forms, any may be required to interact (in oral or written form) with their respective Department before admission.

NOTE ALL:

Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree/Programme:

Full Time (FT) - 6 semester minimum and maximum of 8 semesters
Part Time (PT) - 8 semesters minimum and maximum 12 semesters

Master Programmes:

Full Time (FT) - 4 semester minimum and maximum of 8 semesters
Part Time (PT) - 8 semesters minimum and maximum 12 semesters

PGD Programme:

Full Time (FT) - 2 semester minimum and maximum of 4 semesters
Part Time (PT) - 4 semesters minimum and maximum 8 semesters

Application Closing Date
12th December, 2014

Method of Application
Applicants should visit the PG Application portal (pg.funaab.edu.ng) or Click Here to generate an invoice to take to any branch of:

Zenith Bank
Account Number: 6014017533

Candidates will be required to make a payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000:00) only exclusive of Bank charges, before completing his/her application.

Click Here For More Information

Applicants from outside Nigeria should pay $100 (USD) into domiciliary accounts:

GTBank
Account Number: 0032590705
Swift Code: GTBINGLA

UBA
Account Number: 2010710164
Swift Code: UNAFNGLA

You will be asked to upload the telex copy (obtainable from the bank after payment) to access the online application form. Candidates should request their respective Institutions to forward transcripts directly to:

The Secretary,
Postgraduate School,
Federal University of Agriculture,
Abeokuta,
Nigeria,
West Africa.

(The Department of choice should be written on the top left corner of the envelope).

Applicants are requested to submit their respective downloaded Application Forms, Teller and Photocopies of their credentials to:

The Secretary,
Postgraduate School.

Note: Application for Ph.D is open all year round. Successful applicant will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by boldan: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2014
Hi Vykta

Thanks for the information on funaab pg.Please I don't know if you are in a position to help me confirm this.I will like to put in for masters in farm power and machinery(Agric Eng).I however graduated with a cgpa 2.98 mechanical engr.I can see that the minimum they asked for is 3.00 on a scale of 5.00.
I don't know if they might waive it for me since I have 0.02 less than the requirements

Thanks
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
boldan:
Hi Vykta

Thanks for the information on funaab pg.Please I don't know if you are in a position to help me confirm this.I will like to put in for masters in farm power and machinery(Agric Eng).I however graduated with a cgpa 2.98 mechanical engr.I can see that the minimum they asked for is 3.00 on a scale of 5.00.
I don't know if they might waive it for me since I have 0.02 less than the requirements

Thanks
Dats actually d PG school standard and I don't think d department can Waive it cos even if dey do it'll b a source of Problem 4 Dem wen u will b Graduating... U can come 2 d School 2 confirm urself sha but dats my honest Opinion
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by blessedjohn: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2014
it seems the site is down at the moment. i have been trying to access it since yesterday. Is there anyone experiencing the same thing?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
blessedjohn:
it seems the site is down at the moment. i have been trying to access it since yesterday. Is there anyone experiencing the same thing?
Try it now... http://pg.unaab.edu.ng/
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by blessedjohn: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
vykta:
Try it now... http://pg.unaab.edu.ng/

all i get is connection error.
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
blessedjohn:

all i get is connection error.
That's weird cos I just clicked it now and it went try this and see... http://pg.funaab.edu.ng
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by Afrika011: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
I am experiencing the same here . connection error.
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by Afrika011: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
heloo.. pls, do anyone have the idea of when the 2014 /2015 pg session can probably resume
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
Afrika011:
heloo.. pls, do anyone have the idea of when the 2014 /2015 pg session can probably resume
Most Likely Next Year
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by SenatorJames(m): 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
vykta:
Dats actually d PG school standard and I don't think d department can Waive it cos even if dey do it'll b a source of Problem 4 Dem wen u will b Graduating... U can come 2 d School 2 confirm urself sha but dats my honest Opinion
Thanks for the info. I don't know that you have created a thread for PG before. all these their study duration is too far now, because i'm wondering how will a full time program be minimum of 4 semesters (more than 2years), when its 18 months in most universities. can you please explain why?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by SenatorJames(m): 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
vykta:
That's weird cos I just clicked it now and it went try this and see... http://pg.funaab.edu.ng
I just tried it now, still responding "server error". Do you know anybody that has successfully registered?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by Afrika011: 9:27am On Nov 07, 2014
opening the pg portal is not the problem for me. but the problem i am encountering is the error message telling me to try again any time i try to print payment reference number. its frustrating. is there anyone who has done the registerati successfully?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by Gooci(m): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2014
Pls can anybody help me confirm this.... I hav B.Agric with second class upper from OAU(agric extension) and I want to put it for either Animal breeding and genetic or Animal prodiction and health. Hope unaab isn't biased like oau? Cuz I applied in oau last year, they rejected my app because I changed from aric extension to animal science.... Since I av B.Agric, I can move anywia under Agric, bt oau de mad. Hop unaab isn't biased? Cuz m going for either of the 2 animal science courses.

Nd pls, kindly gimme advice:
I kno Animal Production and health vry well which might not stress me if I applied for it, bt Animal genetics will make me do hard reading which am prepared for. Somthing tells me I shld go for wat I know very well.

Or wat yu guys think?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2014
SenatorJames:
I just tried it now, still responding "server error". Do you know anybody that has successfully registered?
I Don't Actually... But wen I do c someone who have successfully reg. I'll let u knw
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by hydee22(f): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
damiflex:

It's out now

Pls my cgp is 2.8 and i checked now i did not see pgd in analytical chemistry. What should i do?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by Afrika011: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2014
I have successfully done the first phase. I ve downloaded and printed the payment invoice to take to zenith bank. After the payment on Monday . I will be able to continue the application procedure
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2014
SenatorJames:
Thanks for the info. I don't know that you have created a thread for PG before. all these their study duration is too far now, because i'm wondering how will a full time program be minimum of 4 semesters (more than 2years), when its 18 months in most universities. can you please explain why?
well its 2 Semesters 4 Lectures and approx. 2 Semesters 4 Project work... The Lecture semester isn't flexible but d semester 4 Project ends wen ur project ends so yes u can use less dan or more dan 18 months... It depends on U
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gooci:
Pls can anybody help me confirm this.... I hav B.Agric with second class upper from OAU(agric extension) and I want to put it for either Animal breeding and genetic or Animal prodiction and health. Hope unaab isn't biased like oau? Cuz I applied in oau last year, they rejected my app because I changed from aric extension to animal science.... Since I av B.Agric, I can move anywia under Agric, bt oau de mad. Hop unaab isn't biased? Cuz m going for either of the 2 animal science courses.

Nd pls, kindly gimme advice:
I kno Animal Production and health vry well which might not stress me if I applied for it, bt Animal genetics will make me do hard reading which am prepared for. Somthing tells me I shld go for wat I know very well.

Or wat yu guys think?
I Think u've Answered ur Question urself... Go 4 What u knw Very well... Besides everybody dey run go Extension u dey run commot Oga Ooo
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by Gooci(m): 7:32am On Nov 10, 2014
Will be going to get the form this morning... Av finally decided on Animal breeding jare.... All da best to us all
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by plucky16(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2014
when is the next session is starting?
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by SenatorJames(m): 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
vykta:
well its 2 Semesters 4 Lectures and approx. 2 Semesters 4 Project work... The Lecture semester isn't flexible but d semester 4 Project ends wen ur project ends so yes u can use less dan or more dan 18 months... It depends on U
Thanks. from our previous conversation in the other thread, you opened up to me that Funaab part-time is not realistic for post graduate studies, because of B.sc part-time programme, which I appreciate you for telling me the truth. Please do you think I will be able to cope with lecture if i cant be chance in my place of work apart from Fridays and weekends. Also, my base is around 1hour to Abeokuta.

I will surely need your advice in deciding whether to apply or not. Thanks.
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2014
SenatorJames:
Thanks. from our previous conversation in the other thread, you opened up to me that Funaab part-time is not realistic for post graduate studies, because of B.sc part-time programme, which I appreciate you for telling me the truth. Please do you think I will be able to cope with lecture if i cant be chance in my place of work apart from Fridays and weekends. Also, my base is around 1hour to Abeokuta.

it depends on d department u are applying 2... Some Lecturers understand dat peeps r working and so don't really bother dem... Others r just mean...
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 7:50am On Nov 11, 2014
SenatorJames:

Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by SenatorJames(m): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
vykta:
it depends on d department u are applying 2... Some Lecturers understand dat peeps r working and so don't really bother dem... Others r just mean...
Agric Economics. Full time
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by vykta: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2014
SenatorJames:
Agric Economics. Full time
Okay
Re: Funaab Post Graduate 2014/2015 by blessedjohn: 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
vykta:
Okay
@vykta, please i learnt that we have to submit research proposal with the application form. i would appreciate if you can throw more light into this. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mfon Aniekan Jacob Recognized In Akwa Ibom For Designing This Craft Work / FG Unbundles HND Computer Science Across Nigeria / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.