Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? (24907 Views)

Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Nigeria Vs Congo-4pm Today At Calabar Uj Esuene Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2014
After yesterday's match, i kept asking myself if in the whole of 36 states of Nigeria (+ FTC), we can only showcase Africa and the world at large our national heritage, the Super Eagles in a stadium like UJ Esuene Calabar.

I checked other African countries that played their qualifiers, only 2 countries had horror pitch like we have in Calabar, Ghana and Sudan, the others looked so great, i thought they moved their game outside the shores of Africa, check out Gabon's stadium, Tunisia, Senegal, Zambia e.t.c, their pitches look great and nice to the eyes.

Why can't we move our games to a more suitable pitch anywhere in Nigeria? fine, UJ stadium was once a beauty to behold (Pitch wise) but as usual, once any Nigerian business/person/state/e.t.c begins to get great patronage, they start dropping standards, UJ Esuene stadium is becoming an insult to Nigeria and i think it's time we move the Super eagles out of that state until they wake up to do the needful.

I took out time to check on other stadiums in Nigeria and i was able to locate few stadiums that should be given chance to host the Super eagles.

Lagos
Abuja
Enugu
Kano
Kaduna
Kastina
Port Harcourt (Looks sick though)
Bauchi
Kogi

Though some of them are artificial pitches, but i don't mind seeing the SE play there than the rubbish pitch i saw yesterday even though Calabar is in a region that enjoys heavy rainfall and nice weather.

And once the one in Akwa Ibom is completed, our super eagles home games should be moved there until the National Stadium in Lagos and Abuja is revamped.

Attached are 4 stadiums (Side by side), compare them, Calabar (REAL), Lagos (ARTIFICIAL), Kano (REAL) and Enugu (ARTIFICIAL).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Oyo state
Rivers state (ARTIFICIAL)
Katsina
Kogi (ARTIFICIAL)

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Sep 07, 2014
Bauchi

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by sirjohnson(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2014
I think yes
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Samiceman: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Ftc
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by eemalex(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2014
I wonder o. They think its a magical place, thank God they have lost there now dey would reason up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Blockus: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2014
no
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Blackchampion(m): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2014
I no wan comment

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2014
warri beats this once joor

6 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Blackchampion(m): 11:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Samiceman: Ftc
U lost it dude. Beta luck next time

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Complexalfa(m): 11:36am On Sep 07, 2014
@op Slow and steady win the race, 50 years ago we don't have it like this.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by datguru: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2014
No na
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 07, 2014
sad we had d most suitable flogging. Home thrashin no make sense sha grin
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by mdee1(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2014
lol

4 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by tempest01(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2014
uyo....coming soon

2 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by JustCare: 11:38am On Sep 07, 2014
I dislike the over hyped sport.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 07, 2014
Front page again.. Kilo se?? What's it with me
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by maxisfield(f): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
Odikwa egwu grin tot twas jus me dt tot d stadium is voo local.

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Deiok(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
Which stadium?, that one wey be like where dem dey train cow.

5 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by amakufrancis(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
d stadium try gan
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by dafoly: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
i learnt dat d supa eagles ate 3 congos of decap rice (DR) at dat stadium yesterday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Codedrock(m): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
This? Nope!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by onuwaje(m): 11:41am On Sep 07, 2014
It's not about the stadium u knw... most tyms u have to consider things like airports,hotels(standard ones) and road network.. also u have to consider security/protocol/safety measures.. u av done well by voicing ur view but these other places u listed do they have
1.Airports?(not airstrip/or runway)
2.Standard hotels for foreign teams?(i mean standard)
3.good road networks( I guess not)
4.security/safety and protocol measures (I leave that. For the house to answer)

I believe calabar can offer most of those I guess

#teamwarristadium cheesy

Cc:evestar dcmdad eyoniggar barackohandsom

13 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2014
Deiok: Which stadium?, that one wey be like where dem dey train cow.
cow nid trainin? Dis ur post ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Afam4eva(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2014
I have said it before that the Calabar stadium does not project our image as a country that well. Our main national team should be playing in a world class stadium. That notwithstanding, i wonder why this issue of stadium always comes up whenever we perform badly in a match. I remember how people condemned the choice of Kano as the venue of our Germany 2006 qualifiers against Angola just because we lost. If we had won convincingly, the choice of Kano would never have come up. People have alkso criticized the choice of the Abuja stadium is the past citing the fact that the fans are too bland and that the city is not fit to host the SE. No matter where it is taken to, people will complain as far we are not doing well. Let's just make sure we play in standard stadiums irrespective of the location.

5 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by onuwaje(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2014
gboru: warri beats this once joor
But!!! The roads nor too dey connected and if rain fall u knw say water dey reach players ankle because of the poor drainage system shey u knw...

#teamwarri

3 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by olimeh13(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2014
I just chop beans now now..... I come here to read comments and to m.e.s.s
make una cover una nose now
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Mubby4luv(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2014
It sure looks branded.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Rilwayne001: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2014
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Premier League Relegation: Manchester United Fighting A Battle To Avoid It / Raymond Ekevwo Is Africa’s Fastest Man / What EVERY Premier League Club Wants Before January Transfer Window Closes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.