Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments (531 Views)

20 Commandments Of Muhammad The Founder Of Islam. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church / Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by mekaboy(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Imagine what Nigeria would have been like if the 10 commandments was our constitution and had strict penalties for defaulters .

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
Re: If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by JesusisLord85: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2014
mekaboy: Imagine what Nigeria would have been like if the 10 commandments was our constitution and had strict penalties for defaulters .

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

The Most High would hear the nation's prayers, and restore the Kingdom back to us (Israel).

Shalom
Re: If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by coolzeal(m): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2014
I suppose first world nations abide by certain commandment as well.
Re: If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by mekaboy(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2014
All this section 10 subsection 419 of the Nigerian constitution have not gotten us anywhere. This simple commandment would have moved us from 3rd world to 1 world.
Re: If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by Mention(m): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2014
Lol... Nigeria would be a seminary
Re: If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by Noneroone(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2014
Mention: Lol... Nigeria would be a seminary
I hope you dont mean a catholic seminary b'cos they are the chief breakers of the fourth commandment.
Re: If Nigeria Was Ruled By The 10 Commandments by Mention(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
Noneroone: I hope you dont mean a catholic seminary b'cos they are the chief breakers of the fourth commandment.
Who are you to judge?

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Labels ( Are You In Faith) / Dozens Of Christians 'including Children' Are Arrested In Saudi Arabia / Signs That Judgement May Have Started In The House Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.