Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,491 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria (3764 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by cnnamoko(m): 12:43am On Sep 08, 2014
No be me formulate states. Check the source.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 12:44am On Sep 08, 2014
Statistics have shown that literacy level in these states are higher than that of their counterparts.
Your topics reads "5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria" yet you are talking about literacy level. Does fluency in English equates your literacy level? Anyone who thinks so is a foolish colonial slave, Offence intended! angry. This is actually how low Nigeria have sinked. Our languages, Culture, heritage is gradually eroded and replaced with the Western culture. Anyway i agree with the OP especially on Akwa Ibom(Some of them seems to have the American accent in the "Nigerian soil," only god knows how they did it ), And most of the Southern States since the British colonial influence was intense there.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by MayorofLagos(m): 1:03am On Sep 08, 2014
cnnamoko: Statistics have shown that literacy level in these states are higher than that of their counterparts. Although its a survey which is not error free, the states are: 1. Lagos. 2. Imo. 3. Rivers. 4. Abia 5. Akwa Ibom....Do you agree? Source: www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/latestRelease/de4f17834ea0c57a9e1f440d029aebaa460863d0.pdf

op,

What does fluency in english have to do with literacy

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by MayorofLagos(m): 1:08am On Sep 08, 2014
Idrismusty97: Your topics reads "5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria" yet you are talking about literacy level. Does speaking English equates your literacy level? Anyone who thinks so is a foolish colonial slave, Offence intended! angry. This is actually how low Nigeria have sinked. Our languages, Culture, heritage is gradually eroded and replaced with the Western culture. Anyway i agree with the OP especially on Akwa Ibom(Some of them seems to have the American accent in the "Nigerian soil," only god knows how they did it ), And most of the Southern States since the British colonial influence was intense there.

grin grin

His list sef is incorrect.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by sistrunk: 1:45am On Sep 08, 2014
donphilopus: I've chatted with people from most of these states and I can categorically tell y'all that this list ain't correct. Someone from one of these areas (SE) once told me he “seed” my missed call, instead of “saw”. FYI, it's almost all of them!

AutoCorrect be making one look like a dumbass..ion blame d guy!
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Folksyharry(m): 2:45am On Sep 08, 2014
I'm serving in Abia state so I can confidently tell you that a lot of them don't know jack. I can't tell you I have enough info to rate every state but if Abia state makes top 5 then this country is in deep trouble.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 8:03am On Sep 08, 2014
chibuzor05:

Like seriously, you "chatted" with them? See pot cursing chacoal black,

Cursing?! Lol... You couldn't even spell the charcoal like a normal human being yet you were trying to point out some errors. Anyways, try check the picture below to learn more!

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Incredibleme: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2014
i think the list portrays some level of truth although i think delta state should be ahead of abia state.
When it comes to fluency lagos tops alright because its the commercial hub of this country but in the whole of nigeria imo tops when it comes to fluency of our elder citizens. (Fact)
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
chibuzor05:

Guy, you've not still quoted me?! Lol... English Dictionary supports the word!

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by thwarrior72: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
donphilopus:

Guy, you've not still quoted me?! Lol... English Dictionary supports the word!
Shut up, Southwest, edo inclusive is the most layed back in southern Nigeria, when it come to conversing in queens language undecided
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
unuane1: l think Edo, Abuja, lagos
Fixed. cheesy
I served in Edo, you almost want to cry while teaching these kids. They just don't know anything! its painful. All they know is phucking around and witchcraft.

After teaching and teaching them vigorously all through the session the principal still gave us order to provide them with answers during WAEC. Me booqee? give them answer? for where? I weave am o.

And its not just Edo, my friends in the south east and south south complained of the same thing.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Brahms(m): 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
booqee: Fixed. cheesy
I served in Edo, you almost want to cry while teaching these kids. they just don't know anything! its painful. all they know is phucking around and witchcraft.

After teaching and teaching them vigorously all through the session the principal still gave us order to give them answers during WAEC. me booqee give them answer? for where? I weave am.

And its not just Edo, my friends in the east and south south complained of the same thing.
Hmmmmn!

PH or Edo.. NYSC
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
thwarrior72: Shut up, Southwest, edo inclusive is the most layed back in southern Nigeria, when it come to conversing in queens language undecided

Lol... Look at yourself. “When it come” or “when it comes”?! Guy, I'll lecture you English Language. Besides, if the Igbos can produce anybody who can stand the likes of Gbawe, Katsumoto, take dat, eGuerilla, Payless, Italiano1 et al, on this Politics Section, then I'd take them seriously. Till then, y'all are learners. Even your Chief Veterinary Doctor is still learning.

FYI, Edolites are proudly Niger Deltans. You should either deal with that, or die hating!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
thwarrior72: Shut up, Southwest, edo inclusive is the most layed back in southern Nigeria, when it come to conversing in queens language undecided
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
I served in Edo, you almost want to cry while teaching these kids. They just don't know anything! its painful. All they know is phucking around and witchcraft.

After teaching and teaching them vigorously all through the session the principal still gave us order to provide them with answers during WAEC. Me booqee? give them answer? for where? I weave am o.

And its not just Edo, my friends in the south east and south south complained of the same thing.

Edo?! Where exactly did you serve in Edo?!
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
chibuzor05:

huh?!! You mean "chatted" is incorrect? shocked
No offense but what region are you from? embarassed
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by iconize(m): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Brahms: grin grin Seed!

Reminds me of Alao-Akala former Governor of Oyo State, he was on phone and said "Hey, I say I will called you!" I had to force myself not to laugh out. grin grin

Bwhahahaha! A former governor?

Please which institution produced him?
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by thwarrior72: 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
donphilopus:

Lol... Look at yourself. “When it come” or “when it comes”?! Guy, I'll lecture you English Language. Besides, if the Igbos can produce anybody who can stand the likes of Gbawe, Katsumoto, take dat, eGuerilla, Payless, Italiano1 et al, on this Politics Section, then I'd take them seriously. Till then, y'all are learners. Even your Chief Veterinary Doctor is still learning.

FYI, Edolites are proudly Niger Deltans. You should either deal with that, or die hating!
Hahahaha, you lecture me in english?, that must be the joke of the century grin cheesy. By the way, is the few names all you can boast of in your "Southwest" undecided undecided
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Caseless2: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Kogi and kaduna nko?
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
Katier00: What of abuja
Tis soo local.
@op,how'bou edo?
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
my bad..
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rexxie: my bad..

Why did you modify your post?!
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2014

3rd class grad_biitch....Edo is one hella highly educationally advanced state,better know that if u dont.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Katier00(f): 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rexxie:
Tis soo local.
@op,how'bou edo?
what is local
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Ayekotoo(m): 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
iconize:

Bwhahahaha! A former governor?

Please which institution produced him?
Name one of your governors or leaders that can stand any of our leaders suchas Kayode Fayemi, Ajimobi, Fashola and Aregbesola.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Ayekotoo(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
My Top five are Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Edo and Osun

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Katier00: what is local
k baby,lemme put it this way n say...that was so kindergatten....savvvy?
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rexxie:
3rd class grad_biitch....Edo is one hella highly educationally advanced state,better know that if u dont.
spoken like a true Edo boy. You really didn't need to call me a bit ch or a third class graduate, cos I'm neither..I'm way more better. cheesy I've just spoken the truth as I experienced it first hand. The truth hurts...I know sweery.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
booqee: spoken like a true Edo boy. You really didn't need to call me a bit ch neither a third class graduate, cos I'm neither..I'm way more better. cheesy I've just spoken the truth as I experienced it first hand. The truth hurts...I know sweery.
yep..edo boi am is n did u say u experienced somethn' 1st hand? yeeeaah,i bet u experienced da goddamm fuuckin'fuuccn' as well 1st hand...n i am damm sure u can never 4get that....yeah,truth really hurts,suzzie....
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
donphilopus:

Edo?! Where exactly did you serve in Edo?!
At a Girls' secondary school in Etsako west LG

I don't have anything to gain by framing up lies.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by unuane1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Rexxie:
pls educate her about Edo state.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by iconize(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ayekotoo:
[s]Name one of your governors or leaders that can stand any of our leaders suchas Kayode Fayemi, Ajimobi, Fashola and Aregbesola.[/s]

Who's this drug-crazed thief?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North: Igbo Are Not The Problem / Ah! No sane person must vote this man / Buhari's Health And Apc's White Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.