Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria (3765 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by cnnamoko(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
Statistics have shown that literacy level in these states are higher than that of their counterparts. Although its a survey which is not error free, the states are: 1. Lagos. 2. Imo. 3. Rivers. 4. Abia 5. Akwa Ibom....Do you agree? Source: www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/latestRelease/de4f17834ea0c57a9e1f440d029aebaa460863d0.pdf
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by patwilly(m): 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
.?
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by BlackTechnology: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ekiti and ondo( not too sure) should be higher than Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by rawpadgin(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
patwilly: .?
their are lots & lots of educated pple in delta state but they don't like speaking those queens English sh*t, they prefer to flow in pidgin
from ur post u re indirectly saying those that speaks pidgin are probably illiterates
I know a lot of peeps that will give Patrick obahiagbon a run for his money yet the only cert. these folk can boast of is TC2

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Katier00(f): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
What of abuja
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by ionsman: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rivers state?? Abeg make una behave jare.....
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by eunisam: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
I do not agree! Any negation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
How can I delete a thread?

7 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by kennyonthrone(m): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dude Abia of all Statez...,nigga u high on some wet weed!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Haywhymido(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
I agree not
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rubbish thread.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Katier00: What of abuja
Abi? Abuja state.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
I've chatted with people from most of these states and I can categorically tell y'all that this list ain't correct. Someone from one of these areas (SE) once told me he “seed” my missed call, instead of “saw”. FYI, it's almost all of them!
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Katier00(f): 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Vig86:
Abi? Abuja state.
I kn its not a state but you cant count out abuja fr that list, it is nigeria's capital and millions of ppl live there. Mr Know it all
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
Katier00: I kn its not a state but you cant count out abuja fr that list, it is nigeria's capital and millions of ppl live there. Mr Know it all
Girl friend I also thought of Abuja but later remembered that Abuja is populated by people from different states. The main Abuja people which I don't know what they are called can't actually compete at all in English. I didn't mean to make f**l of you.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Katier00(f): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
Vig86:
Girl friend I also thought of Abuja but later remembered that Abuja is populated by people from different states. The main Abuja people which I don't know what they are called can't actually compete at all in English. I didn't mean to make f**l of you.
Its ok, guess am having day. You are correct, they cannot compete
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Bryan12(m): 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
incase
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
cnnamoko: Statistics have shown that literacy level in these states are higher than that of their counterparts. Although its a survey which is not error free, the states are: 1. Lagos. 2. Imo. 3. Rivers. 4. Abia 5. Akwa Ibom....Do you agree? Source: www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/latestRelease/de4f17834ea0c57a9e1f440d029aebaa460863d0.pdf
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by masterplan303(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
rattlesnake: How can I delete a thread?
Lol
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
donphilopus: I've chatted with people from most of these states and I can categorically tell y'all that this list ain't correct. Someone from one of these areas (SE) once told me he “seed” my missed call, instead of “saw”. FYI, it's almost all of them!

forget.
SE is one region in Nigeria where language barrier is not a problem, many Yoruba corpers have confirmed that.
many hausas n Yorubas can't even understand pidgin, not to talk of English. even teenagers.
In SS, pidgin prevents language barrier.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
donphilopus: I've chatted with people from most of these states and I can categorically tell y'all that this list ain't correct. Someone from one of these areas (SE) once told me he “seed” my missed call, instead of “saw”. FYI, it's almost all of them!
It's their type that would say "I doesn't like it". And by the way, Izu couldn't even pronounce a word in English when he arrived here from Orlu.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Brahms(m): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
grin grin Seed!

Reminds me of Alao-Akala former Governor of Oyo State, he was on phone and said "Hey, I say I will called you!" I had to force myself not to laugh out. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by unuane1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
l think Edo, Abuja, lagos
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by kel4soft: 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
ionsman: Rivers state?? Abeg make una behave jare.....

I think Rivers should be number one. Reasons, we have multi lingua and result to using english as a means of communication. Can that be said of a state secretariate of lets say Kano, Ibadan or Enugu as a sampling states of North, West and East?

Even our remote villages understand and speak good english
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rivers State is way ahead of the game
Lagos is too Yoruba inclined I stayed there awhile people be speaking Yoruba to you without regard
Imo I've been there too and yeah its too iborical
other states are obiter
Real list 1. Rivers state 2.Abuja and any other three .
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
mtcheeeeewww

4 Likes

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Ghost01(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Cross River nko?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
you wanna show us your insanity?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by donphilopus: 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Brahms: grin grin Seed!

Reminds me of Alao-Akala former Governor of Oyo State, he was on phone and said "Hey, I say I will called you!" I had to force myself not to laugh out. grin grin

Lol.
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
DuBLINGreenb: Rivers State is way ahead of the game
Lagos is too Yoruba inclined I stayed there awhile people be speaking Yoruba to you without regard
Imo I've been there too and yeah its too iborical
other states are obiter
Real list 1. Rivers state 2.Abuja and any other three .

it depends on the parts of Lagos u went to.
Alabama is not Yoruba inclined, Lagos island is English inclined, etc
Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by chibuzor05(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2014

Like seriously, you "chatted" with them? See pot cursing chacoal black,

1 Like

Re: 5 Most English Inclined States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
kennyonthrone: Dude Abia of all Statez...,nigga u high on some wet weed!

LMAO,jealousy and hatred kills faster than weed,get dt into your thick skull!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LEGAL PRECEDENCE OF A MINORITY MEMBER AS SPEAKER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES / What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? / Addresses Of NDDC In The Nine Oil Producing States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.