Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here (6021 Views)

Cucumber & Watermelon Farmers From Lagos, Ogun Oyo, Please Signify / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by DICON2: 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
For the fungicide ask for z-force or funguforce.
It's is clearly stated on the label of the insecticides, different insecticides has different measurements. Check the label or ask any farmer around you or even the person that you bought it from.

ipio:

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate, pls one more thing, can u please help out on what ration to mix the insecticide? is not clear what is written there, as for the fungicide I still can't find it anywhere around me
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by ipio(f): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
@DICON2, I get it, God bless you, will keep you posted, really do appreciate

1 Like

Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by alex2ng: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
am alex by name, i need to buy water mellon seed. i need a close contact, i live in surulere lagos
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by alex2ng: 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2016
with the cost
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by stifej: 1:43am On Sep 27, 2016
I planted mine today 26th September, I hope it turns out great
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by ume(m): 3:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Please when can I plant in ebonyi state
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by stifej: 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
you can still plant..d rain is just going
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by Ovipoet: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
agricproduct01:
I have started a watermelon cultivation and it should harvest in June by the Grace of God. But my question is getting serious buyers I can supply to and get good money from my produce.
Thanks.
How much did you spend in land preparation excluding the renting or buying?
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by testimonyng: 11:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
Please participate in the coming Comference on Watermelon & Cucumber & the formation of the Watermelon Cucumber Association. Pls join the Watermelon Cucumbet Arena on whatsapp for detais & progress. Call or whatsapp me on 07032115749. Thank you.
Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by inno120(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2017
Good day,
Am a young man trying to go into watermelon farming, currently I have achieved 3plots of land at addebiti area, Ifo Ogun state.

i have been reading some of the post that has be sent here but our do I get the seeds to plant?.
can I still plant now in this month of may 2017?
how do I do rotation after every harvest on same plots?

pls. am very serious about this I want to start as soon as possible...

my contact details: 08175158281, erofarmsogun@gmail.com

thanks...

1 Like

Re: Watermelon Farmers Lets Meet Here by FelixLanre: 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
I am happy to be here and I would like to learn more. Also, I think my contribution can as well be meaningful.

Friends, there is something I noticed and I want us to address it together. Here and there on many other blogs, there is one common question from a beginner-that question can be of difference framing but same meaning, 'what is the cost of cultivating an hectare of land and the ROI'.

This question is not a supposed asked question, it is what you find out yourself after experimenting your crop with a small piece of land.

Do it yourself also gives you room to encounter challenges and learn from it. It allows you to try some newly learned methods. With these, you become better at it and the ROI on a plot of land you practise with Will give you rough estimate of what you should be expecting from 1 acre.
Let us learn and practice first.

See agriculture as an hubby not as investment at the learning stage

I just felt like addressing this and I stand to be corrected.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

get Rabbits and guinea pigs healthy ones / Tomato Seeds Varieties - TBRFV, Fruiting style, and Yield / Used Jute Bags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.