Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy (4400 Views)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
I joined Christ Embassy on the 31st/1st night of 2006/2007. It was my first time of being to the church after much persuasion from my sister. I fell in love with the church instantly and decided to make Pastor Chris my man of God and spiritual father after hearing the sermon that day. It was the sweetest sermon I have heard in years.

Christ Embassy is a great church with men and women especially young people boiling with the word God. Christ Embassy thought me to know my rights in Christ and defeated all manner of fear whatsoever. After about a year of joining I started speaking in other tongues and began functioning sufficiently in the cell.

I stopped going to church (not just Christ embassy) more than a year ago because:

(1) The church doesn't tell people what God wants them to hear but what they want them to hear: Because C.E doesn't want to lose its members, the pastors dont preach against adultery and fornication. They dont preach against the members exposing their body. They tell you to sow seeds to be blessed of God. You are asked to bring all the money you have earned in the first month of every year as first fruits, depriving yourself and spouse of necessary amenities.

(2) Men are coaxed into sowing their entire earnings as seed: My sister and her hubby attend the church and because of the seeds the man has to sow, he couldn't give his wife enough money to start her business making them argue over and over and over again, at a time almost tearing their marriage apart.
I know of a sister whose whose husband work in a reputable company, they almost got divorced (dont know about now) because the man would sow everything he earned to the church, not giving the wife enough money to take care of her self and the children.

(3) Christ Embassy don't teach you how to give to your fellow humans, they only teach you how to give to the church. If you ask your fellow member to borrow you say 100k for business, they wouldnt do it, the next Sunday you see the same person sowing 200k.

You have to sow into these arms: Rhapsody Of Realities (owned by Pastor chris and Anita), LoveWorld Plus (owned by pastor Chris), LoveWorld Media (owned by Pastor chris), Campus Ministry, Stage Set, Inner city mission, Healing school etc etc

(4) Christ embassy organizes a particular event every year end "The Love World Award Night" Where the biggest givers in the ministry are given awards for their givings. Are we not supposed to be rewarded by God and not men? People started giving, not because they wanted to please God but because they want to receive awards from pastor Chris. They later brought the award night down to every satellite church while still holding on to the big one, thereby making members deprive their families of necessary things.

I became a choir coordinator in early 2013 after my gifts as a guitarist and drummer was discovered by the pastor of the new satellite church I joined when I relocated to another town. I left the church about 7 months after. During my time as the choir coordinator, one of the choir members, a young man of say 23 years wanted to learn video editing from me. I told him to get a laptop first. He told the pastor about it. The pastor told him he has a laptop that is strong enough to edit videos. The pastor is well to do, he has a good job, drives a clean car and his kids and wife look like they are from above. The pastor told the brother to pay for the laptop knowing fully well the young man is jobless, he later started disturbing the guy with phone calls asking him to send the money into his account. That brother, just like me has stopped going to church because of this, my own reason for quitting is different though. Imagine!

The one who gives is praised and worshiped while those who don't are looked down upon. Bottom line is that, you are forced to give, I mean to give all your dime to the extent of neglecting the needs of your wife. They force you to pledge and pay up to the last dime. I left the church owing thousands of niara.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Tallesty1(m): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
If no be breeze, person for no know say fowl dey wear G-string..

7 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by redcliff: 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: If no be breeze, person for no know say fowl dey wear G-string..

Lmao!!!

Shebi the sister from liberia or sierra leone said God told her that if pastor chris doesnt repent, he would expose him? In igbo man's voice, uka a gbasa go.. grin

4 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by sirjohnson(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Its just all about pastor Chris everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Tallesty1(m): 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
redcliff:

Lmao!!!

Shebi the sister from liberia or sierra leone said God told her that if pastor chris doesnt repent, he would expose him? In igbo man's voice, uka a gbasa go.. grin
Onye ọbụla chọọ way ya

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by madgoat(m): 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
Omo mehn.... See as Pastor Chris name and Christ Embassy just dey surfarce everywhere grin
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by hushmail: 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op
u left the church owing thousands of niara. grin grin grin

U go still pay ooo!

No think say u go pledge run comot grin

4 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by pegmatite(f): 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
hushmail: Op
u left the church owing thousands of niara. grin grin grin

U go still pay ooo!

No think say u go pledge run comot grin

#lolz!

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by handysuzy(f): 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
I am following
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:11am On Sep 08, 2014
How many choir babes did you bleep before you left as a result of guilty conscience my guy?
* just between us o*

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by cr8v(f): 5:44am On Sep 08, 2014
It is either you did not meet Christ in the process or you left a baby christian. I may not agree with everything they do in Christ Embassy but count me out of those who will come on a public forum to castigate the Body of Christ, no matter the Church. In would rather pray for him in private rather than hurt christ the more by exposing the wrinkles he is trying to purge by the washing of water by the Word. In an inner forum, we can talk about it (and weep about it). God needs to intervene in this last days and we can't bring him to the scene by joining the camp of the accuser of the brethren. When we know that Jesus says he that has no sin should cast the first stone, then we would be more careful how we are quick to cast stones on a fallen minister. We are in a warfare and it is surprising that the Church is one organisation that kills her wounded Generals.
Only those mature in faith will understand this, others will write against it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 8:25am On Sep 08, 2014
cr8v: It is either you did not meet Christ in the process or you left a baby christian. I may not agree with everything they do in Christ Embassy but count me out of those who will come on a public forum to castigate the Body of Christ, no matter the Church. In would rather pray for him in private rather than hurt christ the more by exposing the wrinkles he is trying to purge by the washing of water by the Word. In an inner forum, we can talk about it (and weep about it). God needs to intervene in this last days and we can't bring him to the scene by joining the camp of the accuser of the brethren. When we know that Jesus says he that has no sin should cast the first stone, then we would be more careful how we are quick to cast stones on a fallen minister. We are in a warfare and it is surprising that the Church is one organisation that kills her wounded Generals.

Dogmatism is what is killing us in Africa. Even the bible says we should test all prophesies to see which is true. Everyone saying it is not good to say this, its not good to say that. You fold your arms and watch these people push you to hell because 'Its is not good to speak against them'

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 8:43am On Sep 08, 2014
Oduduwaboy: How many choir babes did you bleep before you left as a result of guilty conscience my guy?
* just between us o*

Bros, mind your questions o, no kobalise me o, my girlfriend dey on top this thread o.
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Ishilove: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
saasala: I joined Christ Embassy on the 31st/1st night of 2006/2007. It was my first time of being to the church after much persuation from my sister. I fell in love with the church instantly and decided to make Pastor Chris my man of God and spiritual father after hearing the sermon that day. It was the sweetest sermon I have heard in years.

Christ Embassy is a great church with men and women especially young people boiling with the word God. Christ Embassy thought me to know my rights in Christ and defeated all manner of fear whatsoever. After about a year of joining I started speaking in other toungues and began functioning sufficiently in the cell.

I stopped going to church (not just Christ embassy) more than a year ago because:

(1) The church doesn't tell people what God wants them to hear but what they want them to hear: Because C.E doesnt want to lose its members, the pastors dont preach against adultery and fornication. They dont preach against the members exposing their body because they dont want to lose them. They tell you to sow seeds to be blessed of God. You are asked to bring all the money you have earned in the first month of every year as first fruits, depriving yourself and spouse of necessary amenities.

(2) Men are coaxed into sowing their entire earnings as seed: My sister and her hubby attend the church and because of the seeds the man has to sow, he couldnt give his wife enough money to start her business making them argue over and over and over again, at a time almost tearing their marriage apart.
I know of a sister whose whose husband work in a reputable company, they almost got divorced (dont know about now) because the man would sow everything he has to the church, not giving the wife enough money to take care of her self and the children.

(3) Christ Embassy dont teach you how to give to your fellow humans, they only teach you how to give to the church alone. If you ask your fellow member to borrow you say 100k for business, they wouldnt do it, the next sunday you see the same person sowing 200k.

You have to sow into these arms: Rhapsody Of Realities (owned by Pastor chris and Anita), LoveWorld Plus (owned by pastor Chris), LoveWorld Media (owned by Pastor chris), Campus Ministry, Stage Set, Inner city mission, Healing school etc etc

(4) Christ embassy organizes a particular event every year end "The Love World Award Night" Where the biggest givers in the ministry are being giving awards for their givings. Are we not supposed to be rewarded by God and not men? People started giving, not because they wanted to please God but because they want to recieve award from pastor Chris. They later brought the award night down to every satelite church while still holding on to the big one, thereby making members deprive their families of necessary things.

I became a choir cordinator in early 2013 after my gifts as a guitarist and drummer was discovered by the pastor of the new satellite church I joined when I relocated to another town. I left the church about 7 months after. During my time as the choir coordinator, one of the choir members, a young man of say 23 years wanted to learn video editing from me. I told him to get a laptop first. He told the pastor about it. The pastor told him he has a laptop than is strong enough to edit videos. The pastor is well to do, he has a good job drives a clean car and his kids and wife look like they are from above. The pastor told the brother to pay for the laptop knowing fully well the young man is jobless, he later started disturbing the guy with phone calls asking him to send the money into his account. That brother, just like me has stopped going to church because of this, my own reason for quitting is different though. Imagine!

The one who gives is praised and worshiped while those who dont are looked down upon. Bottom line is that, you are forced to give, I mean to give all your dime and neglect the needs to the extent of neglecting the needs of your wife. They force you to pledge and pay up to the last dime. I left the church owing thousands of niara.
No one can force you to give if you don't want to give. I believe giving should be from the heart and not because of glorification. Those that give because they want to be glorified with awards are hypocrites worse than the pharisees. But you are right. I have often wondered why we have so many religious houses and yet the world is sinking deeper in the mire of sin. Someone told me that it is because we are becoming more religious rather than spiritual.

Op, go back and pay all the vows you made before God in that church, because according to Ecc 5 vs 5 "Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay."

Deut 23 vs 21: "If you make a vow to the LORD your God, do not be slow to pay it, for the LORD your God will certainly demand it of you and you will be guilty of sin."
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
It's not seed sowing/CE/Pst Chris that's tearing families apart but man's hypocritical nature/ quest to out do each other...
-CE didn't force anyone to bring money...it's all about choice, your state of mind, financial buoyancy etc...

personally,I give and sow seeds when it's convenient for me, sometimes inconvenient too - but @ that moment that's what my heart told me to do and I hold no one accountable but myself.

P.S : I am not a CE member, I have never set foot there, I don't plan to...

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by free2ryhme: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
let me read the comment
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
Blah blah... Shey na christ embassy wey dem go tell u say make u no put 5 naira or 10 naira as offering? grin
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by PastorKun(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ishilove:
No one can force you to give if you don't want to give. I believe giving should be from the heart and not because of glorification. Those that give because they want to be glorified with awards are hypocrites worse than the pharisees. But you are right. I have often wondered why we have so many religious houses and yet the world is sinking deeper in the mire of sin. Someone told me that it is because we are becoming more religious rather than spiritual.

Op, go back and pay all the vows you made before God in that church, because according to Ecc 5 vs 5 "Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay."

Deut 23 vs 21: "If you make a vow to the LORD your God, do not be slow to pay it, for the LORD your God will certainly demand it of you and you will be guilty of sin."

Making a vow or a pledge to give to CE is not the same as making a vow to God. One thing is certain a filthy rotten organisation such as CE can NEVER be representative of a house of God. The OP has no obligation to redeem pledges he was manipulated into making to the fraudulent organisation.

4 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Ishilove: 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
PastorKun:

Making a vow or a pledge to give to CE is not the same as making a vow to God. One thing is certain a filthy rotten organisation such as CE can NEVER be representative of a house of God. The OP has no obligation to redeem pledges he was manipulated into making to the fraudulent organisation.
I get your point, but the thing is God was a witness when he made those pledges, so he is obligated to fulfill them
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by anonimi: 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
saasala: I joined Christ Embassy on the 31st/1st night of 2006/2007. It was my first time of being to the church after much persuation from my sister. I fell in love with the church instantly and decided to make Pastor Chris my man of God and spiritual father after hearing the sermon that day. It was the sweetest sermon I have heard in years.

Christ Embassy is a great church with men and women especially young people boiling with the word God. Christ Embassy thought me to know my rights in Christ and defeated all manner of fear whatsoever. After about a year of joining I started speaking in other toungues and began functioning sufficiently in the cell.

(1) The church doesn't tell people what God wants them to hear but what they want them to hear: Because C.E doesnt want to lose its members, the pastors dont preach against adultery and fornication. They dont preach against the members exposing their body because they dont want to lose them. They tell you to sow seeds to be blessed of God. You are asked to bring all the money you have earned in the first month of every year as first fruits, depriving yourself and spouse of necessary amenities.

(2) Men are coaxed into sowing their entire earnings as seed: My sister and her hubby attend the church and because of the seeds the man has to sow, he couldnt give his wife enough money to start her business making them argue over and over and over again, at a time almost tearing their marriage apart.
I know of a sister whose whose husband work in a reputable company, they almost got divorced (dont know about now) because the man would sow everything he has to the church, not giving the wife enough money to take care of her self and the children.

(3) Christ Embassy dont teach you how to give to your fellow humans, they only teach you how to give to the church alone. If you ask your fellow member to borrow you say 100k for business, they wouldnt do it, the next sunday you see the same person sowing 200k.

(4) Christ embassy organizes a particular event every year end "The Love World Award Night" Where the biggest givers in the ministry are being giving awards for their givings. Are we not supposed to be rewarded by God and not men? People started giving, not because they wanted to please God but because they want to recieve award from pastor Chris. They later brought the award night down to every satelite church while still holding on to the big one, thereby making members deprive their families of necessary things.

I became a choir cordinator in early 2013 after my gifts as a guitarist and drummer was discovered by the pastor of the new satellite church I joined when I relocated to another town. I left the church about 7 months after. During my time as the choir coordinator, one of the choir members, a young man of say 23 years wanted to learn video editing from me. I told him to get a laptop first. He told the pastor about it. The pastor told him he has a laptop than is strong enough to edit videos. The pastor is well to do, he has a good job drives a clean car and his kids and wife look like they are from above. The pastor told the brother to pay for the laptop knowing fully well the young man is jobless, he later started disturbing the guy with phone calls asking him to send the money into his account. That brother, just like me has stopped going to church because of this, my own reason for quitting is different though. Imagine!

The one who gives is praised and worshiped while those who dont are looked down upon. Bottom line is that, you are forced to give, I mean to give all your dime and neglect the needs to the extent of neglecting the needs of your wife. They force you to pledge and pay up to the last dime. I left the church owing thousands of niara.

Many thanks for your TESTIMONY.
I am sure that the grace of God is still with you and have achieved even GREATER milestones in the past one year after leaving the "church".
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by anonimi: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ishilove:
I get your point, but the thing is God was a witness when he made those pledges, so he is obligated to fulfill them

WHICH "God was a witness when he made those pledges" that may help in determining to WHOM he is obliged to fulfill them.
What do you think
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by PastorKun(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ishilove:

God has set him free from the bondage and shackles of cec yet you still want him to go back into bondage

3 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by lastmessenger: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
If you really want to analyse all the goings in CE then it may take a long long time to exhaust them.in Christ embassy you pay so much to support the ministry but the little things you can get from them would still require your money.for example as a student worshipping with CE I remember that I always desired to buy pastor chris tap and CDs for my own spiritual growth but the amount of money you will spend getting a single cd or DVD is just to much for a struggling student to afforded while these things can be made free on the internet for people to download and listen but that is an idea that have not entered there mind.i just got tired of the whole later on and left the church.it seems the whole thing is just tailored towards making the few rich.
I just pray that Jesus will return soon and deliver his children.we need selfless men of God.
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
anonimi:

Many thanks for your TESTIMONY.
I am sure that the grace of God is still with you and have achieved even GREATER milestones in the past one year after leaving the "church".

Yes o my brother. I am moving forward. I am as free as a bird now.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by nora544: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2014

That is the same with all the rich Pastors in nigeria, no one is better and all have the same story.
all they want is money from their stuped followers.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
When I see posts like this all I do is laugh , I don't really have the time else I would have analyzed the points you made there and mind you am not a Christ embassy member , you said they don't encourage people to give to others but I attended their conference today and the pastor himself amidst others gave scholarship and cash money to members , isn't that supposed to teach you that you should assist others by their example? I always laugh when people blame churches for their problems , did the pastor ever say you shouldn't take care of your family? and you lie when you said all their messages is always on giving and moreover isn't it written in your bible that blessed is the man who scattered and yet increases.
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Atigba: 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ishilove:

@ op don't pay a dime u re not owning any God but pastor Chris.....Christ embassy is like a secret court soon they will start threaten your life that you would amount to anything like what they told me.

2 Likes

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by asalimpo(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
The fact is there are some ministries that ar money conscious. Yet the bible way to abounding is sowing and sowing.
How does one preach abundance and prosperity without stressg giving? How does one avoid being labelled a rogue when one preaches such?
Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Samunique(m): 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
cr8v: It is either you did not meet Christ in the process or you left a baby christian. I may not agree with everything they do in Christ Embassy but count me out of those who will come on a public forum to castigate the Body of Christ, no matter the Church. In would rather pray for him in private rather than hurt christ the more by exposing the wrinkles he is trying to purge by the washing of water by the Word. In an inner forum, we can talk about it (and weep about it). God needs to intervene in this last days and we can't bring him to the scene by joining the camp of the accuser of the brethren. When we know that Jesus says he that has no sin should cast the first stone, then we would be more careful how we are quick to cast stones on a fallen minister. We are in a warfare and it is surprising that the Church is one organisation that kills her wounded Generals.
God bless u my sister, i'm yet to know why Christians are becoming so uncontrollable and shameless that what they have to pray and weep about in the closet of their prayer before God is now becoming the subject of public debate even while they know they'll get no positive responses rather than ridicule and mockery for the body of Christ.

And some of these people are those who worship pastors as their God, immediately the pastor falls, their faith crashes, the next thing they do is to take to social media and begin say all manner of things.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Elantracey: When I see posts like this all I do is laugh , I don't really have the time else I would have analyzed the points you made there and mind you am not a Christ embassy member , you said they don't encourage people to give to others but I attended their conference today and the pastor himself amidst others gave scholarship and cash money to members , isn't that supposed to teach you that you should assist others by their example? I always laugh when people blame churches for their problems , did the pastor ever say you shouldn't take care of your family? and you lie when you said all their messages is always on giving and moreover isn't it written in your bible that blessed is the man who scattered and yet increases.

I wouldnt argue with you because you are not a member of the church. Those who are in the system know what I am talking about.

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by saasala(m): 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
Samunique: God bless u my sister, i'm yet to know why Christians are becoming so uncontrollable and shameless that what they have to pray and weep about in the closet of their prayer before God is now becoming the subject of public debate even while they know they'll get no positive responses rather than ridicule and mockery for the body of Christ.

And some of these people are those who worship pastors as their God, immediately the pastor falls, their faith crashes, the next thing they do is to take to social media and begin say all manner of things.

Keep keeping quite and watch them push you to hell. Many are burning in hell now because ''It is not good to say something negative about men of God'' thingy

1 Like

Re: How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
..@OP are you a learner? Salvation is Free for all. Keeping it is going to cost you

(1) (2) (Reply)

God's Biblical Wonders / Dangerous Prayers Against Witchcraft Powers. / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.