Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? (1499 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / If You Were To Date Any One On Nairaland Who Would You Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by Mist100: 11:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sincerely which will you pick?
It's true that a 24 karat wedding band should have more gold than an 18karat wedding band. But the 24karat will not be a good pick because gold in its purest form is soft at room temperature. This means pure gold on your finger will feel like candle wax and might start melting into your skin(winks) because it cannot take proper form or shape. 24karat gold comprises 100% gold while 18karat comprises 75% gold and 25% other metals. Hence the 18karat gold is ideal for wedding rings because it is rigid, will take shape and won't feel like candle wax nor melt into your skin.

So when that colleague at the office is saying she has pure gold on her finger, you know the right answer to give her.

SOURCE: http://weddingsbymax..com/2014/09/18-karat-or-24-karat-gold-wedding-ring.html
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
sorry, Im into diamonds

4 Likes

Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by Mist100: 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Baddestguyp: sorry, Im into diamonds

ehhhhhhh undecided undecided
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by mstik(f): 12:08am On Sep 08, 2014
although i usually go for quality....
a 18 carat ring makes more sense
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by OkekeChristian(m): 1:52am On Sep 08, 2014
Who is receiving this "karat"? Will the person survive receiving karate kicks on their wedding day?

Be nice, buy gold in "carats", not "karats"...

My answer; whatever ring you buy, it will still be worn on one finger; besides, no one ever spent half a day admiring their wedding ring!
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by mencade5(m): 3:14am On Sep 08, 2014
mstik: although i usually go for quality....
a 18 carat ring makes more sense
mstik wetin i do you na? You just dey call my name anyhow.
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by perry2020(f): 5:14am On Sep 08, 2014
Baddestguyp: sorry, Im into diamonds
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by valmunich(m): 6:32am On Sep 08, 2014
Jeez! Does the precious metal matter that much? What happened to real love? Smh!
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by Sanchez01: 7:07am On Sep 08, 2014
valmunich: Jeez! Does the precious metal matter that much? What happened to real love? Smh!
Is it not saddening that a lot of ladies would rather place importance on the quality on the band than to accept just any? When I read comments of guys on this section claiming that Nigerian ladies are terrible, one would think they are vexed based on past experiences, whereas some of the things they say are indeed true.

Happiness and loyalty should be the topmost priority. Most of those who were proposed to with 365 karat gold or diamond, if there is anything as such, never relinquished the joy of the marriage up to 365 days. Is it not saddening?

2 Likes

Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by valmunich(m): 7:17am On Sep 08, 2014
Sanchez01:
Is it not saddening that a lot of ladies would rather place importance on the quality on the band than to accept just any? When I read comments of guys on this section claiming that Nigerian ladies are terrible, one would think they are vexed based on past experiences, whereas some of the things they say are indeed true.

Happiness and loyalty should be the topmost priority. Most of those who were proposed to with 365 karat gold or diamond, if there is anything as such, never relinquished the joy of the marriage up to 365 days. Is it not saddening?
It's just quite appalling as it seems, the quality of the metals is now prioritized in place of the 'love, happiness and loyalty' How pathetic of our Nigerian ladies

1 Like

Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by tayoxx(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2014
if you like call am confu gold e no cosine me....well I'm not a fan of gold tho....me I like diamond o
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by Mist100: 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
valmunich: Jeez! Does the precious metal matter that much? What happened to real love? Smh!
Oh no. People let's get off our moral high horse and focus on the issue. All other factors being equal, if you were offered this two forms of Gold which would you pick assuming the facts weren't stated? which one be love and money matter now. Besides if them put sugar for your mouth you no go leak?
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by DRpiwi(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mist100: Sincerely which will you pick?
It's true that a 24 karat wedding band should have more gold than an 18karat wedding band. But the 24karat will not be a good pick because gold in its purest form is soft at room temperature. This means pure gold on your finger will feel like candle wax and might start melting into your skin(winks) because it cannot take proper form or shape. 24karat gold comprises 100% gold while 18karat comprises 75% gold and 25% other metals. Hence the 18karat gold is ideal for wedding rings because it is rigid, will take shape and won't feel like candle wax nor melt into your skin.

So when that colleague at the office is saying she has pure gold on her finger, you know the right answer to give her.

SOURCE: http://weddingsbymax..com/2014/09/18-karat-or-24-karat-gold-wedding-ring.html

hausa(abokiíì) gold.. Dats wat i wil gv 2 her
Re: 18 Karat Or 24 Karat Gold Wedding Ring: Which Will You Pick? by Ivanspring(f): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
I'll choose the one with the more beautiful design.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Only: Say Amen If You Can / What Do Women Truly Look For In A Man? Here Are Some Facts / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.