Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,757 members, 7,851,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service (2080 Views)

He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / February Communion Service With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Phd / Detailed Text Of Last Communion Service With Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by WinsomeX: 6:03am On Sep 08, 2014
After more than a week of maintaining silence on the divorce suit filed against him by his wife – reported on August 29 by TheCable – founder of Believers Love World Ministry, Pastor Christian Oyakhilome, has finally addressed the allegations levelled against him. Speaking on Sunday evening during the monthly global communion service of the church, he said the allegations were “crazy” and “stupid”.

Oyakhilome, who appeared visibly disturbed during his first few minutes on stage, acknowledged that divorce is unbiblical but suggested he could consider the option should his wife insist on it. He criticised the media for prying into his private life and urged members of his church to pray for his estranged wife. He recalled that Jesus passed through similar travails and eventually overcame.

He said that although so many people were making mockery of him, he would remain steadfast and not lose focus. “I heard that some media houses – especially in Nigeria – are writing some things against me. All sorts of frivolous charges, that’s crazy,” he said. “You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God. “The only things you might find will be a man of God, maybe in two different kinds of ways. Moses, for example; when he struck the rock twice, [he] was provoked by the anger of the people. [It was] not because he wanted to do something against the Lord. No man of God does something against the Lord. “Are you hearing me? A man of God is set on a course; there is a type of life that he is given. Then you have a young man, a young prophet; he wasn’t named; he was deceived by another man of God and so he went in a direction that God said ‘don’t go’. “That is the only kind of thing you find about a man of God when he misses the message of God or he acts beyond what God said. But a man of God settles himself in the fight against the world… like those writing those stupid things about me, that I did this and I did that. “You don’t know who a man of God is. I don’t go in that direction. I wasn’t accused of the things you said, nor did I commit those stupid things that you said and I don’t need to go into that level in such discussions.

Jesus Christ was accused by many – a lot of frivolous charges. There will always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations against Jesus, It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change him. “There are preachers and there are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God and I go in the way I’m asked to go. It may cause some troubles with individuals but that’s not because I have done something wrong and when it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to you is ‘pray for her’. “Don’t act like those people. If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a minister to definitely be at the level of that minister and so they may be looked upon and the expectation may be like that, but it’s a positional thing. “If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible.

That’s why you don’t really find the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible. How many of them? Who was Peter’s wife, did you ever know her name? You never find that out. Who was John’s wife? Did you ever read the name? What about all the other Apostles? How many of their names are written in the Bible. You never find their names.” At this point, one of the female pastors sought to know why the names of wives of the men of God were not found in the Bible. Oyakhilome’s response was that she should ask God whenever she finds him. “Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him,” he exclaimed. “So, they are little things; don’t try to make something big out of them. So when journeying, doing the things that God called us to do, Christians should not have a divorce; it shouldn’t be but you see, that doesn’t mean a Christian may not take the step. “They may do it but [they] have to make things right and we shouldn’t take one another to court. But when it happens, not that we don’t just want to go, it means someone is taking us there. That’s a problem, but be wise and stay focused in the word of God and don’t let those who want to feast on things like this, including Christians… “There are Christians who like things like this; they want to make something big out of this: ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah, we said it’. You said what? Judge nothing before the time. Be wise. Glory to God. “So we are not working in sin and living in sin and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his righteousness. We walk in that light only, and that’s the way it’s gonna be.”

In April, Anita Oyakhilome filed for divorce at Central Family Court, High Holborn, London, UK, citing her husband’s “unreasonable behaviour” and inappropriate relationships with members of staff, a euphemism for “adultery”. The charismatic pastor always denied the charges. He has never hidden his opposition to divorce, and it emerged last week that he intends to engage the services of reputable family lawyers to launch his defence. Copyright 2014 The Cable. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.thecable.ng as the source.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-oyakhilome-breaks-silence-says-allegations-against-him-crazy-stupid | TheCable

http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-oyakhilome-breaks-silence-says-allegations-against-him-crazy-stupid
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by WinsomeX: 6:05am On Sep 08, 2014
So what exactly does all the above surmise to?

aisha2: So in summary he is saying:

1. He is a man picked by God so he is above mistakes and correction.

2. That his wife is immature and should stuck to being just a pastors wife and nothing else.

3. That his being a man of God is more important than being a husband and father.

4. He is super human.

Hmm, may God always protect us from getting to a stage where no one can talk to us because we feel we know it all and forget that we are all just mere mortals.
Who led pastor Chris to Chris? That person needs to meet him if he is still alive and counsel him, he is about to let pride fully destroy him.

I can understand the term unreasonable behaviour used by Anita heaven knows how many times she may have tried to appeal to her husband and received this condescending message in response.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Opiosko: 6:16am On Sep 08, 2014
WinsomeX: So what exactly does all the above surmise to?
Guess it's not what u wanna like to hear.

1 Like

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Opiosko: 6:17am On Sep 08, 2014
Rev Anita is insecure. God help her
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by delugadou(m): 6:18am On Sep 08, 2014
Hmmmmm.......end time tins *smh*

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by bigtt76(f): 6:21am On Sep 08, 2014
A case of Two Nigerian Pastor Chris' who have both chosen not to live Christ-life yet claiming Jesus Christ 'passed' through same travails .....BIG LIE! Jesus Christ NEVER divorced anyone nor did he go about 'nyanshing' babes for church abeg make ona stop for compare pastors problems with Jesus Christ o ....and this is not an issue of 'don't touch my anointed'. We don tire for all these ona job-men pastors

3 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lomaxx: 6:28am On Sep 08, 2014
Dude always have a comeback story to support everything. The other time it was mast.urbation. This time it is divorce. The day a Nigerian preacher admits to his shortcoming would be the beginning of the Armageddon.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by WinsomeX: 6:32am On Sep 08, 2014
Reserved
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 08, 2014
So in summary he is saying:

2. That his wife is immature and should stick to being just a pastors wife and nothing else.

3. That his being a man of God is more important than being a husband and father.

4. He is super human.

Hmm, may God always protect us from getting to a stage where no one can talk to us because we feel we know it all and forget that we are all just mere mortals.
Who led pastor Chris to Chris? That person needs to meet him if he is still alive and counsel him, he is about to let pride fully destroy him.

I can understand the term unreasonable behaviour used by Anita heaven knows how many times she may have tried to appeal to her husband and received this condescending message in response.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Caseless2: 6:38am On Sep 08, 2014
WinsomeX: So what exactly does all the above surmise to?
it does 'surmise' to 'i didn't commit adultery.'
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2014
His wife needs his love and attention which stubbornly refused to give for more than a decade, and not prayers and more prayers.

In order, all the concerns she raised were merely due to her immaturity and foolishness. I now understand the hell this woman has been going through.

The question which begs answering his, why would any man talk less a man of God who is Pastor Chris insist from living continents away from his wife (and children) for so long that the years piled up to a total of SIXTEEN.

4 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Caseless2: 6:43am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2: So in summary he is saying:

2. That his wife is immature and should stuck to being just a pastors wife and nothing else.

4. He is super human.

are u that feminist that asked him why names of wife of men were not mentioned in the bible and he angrily replied her by saying; when you find God, ask him why he did not put their names there'?

1 Like

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Oyinprince(m): 6:49am On Sep 08, 2014
Pastor Chris is A Man Of God, he goes in the direction God asks him to go .
Sorry for you folks who wants to find him guilty, as long as he stays focused on the work God has given him, he's not gonna fall

1 Like

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 08, 2014
Caseless2: are u that feminist that asked him why names of wife of men were not mentioned in the bible and he angrily replied her by saying; when you find God, ask him why he did not put their names there'?

I am not a feminist I am a human being and we all are. Any human who begins to assume they are super human are only being led to destruction by the devil. His followers can kiss his are and defend him all they want but anyone who won't tell him the truth does not love him

3 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thankyouJesus(m): 6:55am On Sep 08, 2014
Ghen ghen ghen.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 6:57am On Sep 08, 2014
Oyinprince: Pastor Chris is A Man Of God, he goes in the direction God asks him to go .
Sorry for you folks who wants to find him guilty, as long as he stays focused on the work God has given him, he's not gonna fall

none he's trying to find him guilty. They jus want him to d right by his wife and children; that's all.

That is, he should not abandon deliberately abandon his wife like stale goods while obviously enjoying the fellowship and company of other womenfolk. Surely that's not too much to ask of a man of God.

1 Like

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 6:59am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2:

I am not a feminist I am a human being and we all are. Any human who begins to assume they are super human are only being led to destruction by the devil. His followers can kiss his are and defend him all they want but anyone who won't tell him the truth does not love him

And to think that there women in the church; can't they simply place themselves in the position of Pastor Anita?

This really is unbelievable. I really feel sorry for the woman.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2014
lanrefront1: His wife needs his love and attention which stubbornly refused to give for more than a decade, and not prayers and more prayers.
In order, all the concerns she raised were merely due to her immaturity and foolishness. I now understand the hell this woman has been going through.
The question which begs answering his, why would any man talk less a man of God who is Pastor Chris insist from living continents away from his wife (and children) for so long that the years piled up to a total of SIXTEEN.

Am so glad this is coming from a man. Imagine asking my husband to spend more time with me and his kids and I am termed immature, instead he prefers in his maturity to live with other females in the same house in the name of doing Gods work. My God is not a confused God my God says husband and wife should not deny each other the comfort of their bodies except by mutual consent and in this case it's not mutual consent. However, pastor feels he is not a mere man who should regard her own feelings but write them off as immature

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2:

And to think that there women in the church; can't they simply place themselves in the position of Pastor Anita?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Caseless2: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2:

spot-on!
Btw, ar u a member of his church?
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Tallesty1(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2014
If I were to be the judge of their case, I think I have found enough reason to divorce them.

Anita is married to a semi-god.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 7:12am On Sep 08, 2014
Opiosko: Rev Anita is insecure. God help her
how is she insecure? please throw more light...

this is not a woman that feels insecure.... insecurity in this case will be for her to be in the loving arms and continuous company of her husband and yet feel that her husband does not care for her, yet feel threatened by other women

she's not insecure, she feels alienated and exterminated.....and Pastor Chris enjoys the company of other womenfolk who he's always surrounded by; and even at home if the reports we've been hearing are anything to go by.....it seems they are because so many church members have testified to it and even his wife has said so

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thorpido(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2014
lanrefront1: His wife needs his love and attention which stubbornly refused to give for more than a decade, and not prayers and more prayers.

I'm quoting you just to put this right.Rev.Anita has not been away from pastor chris for sixteen years.They do see though he may not have been giving her quality time.There is a Higher Life Conference in London every year and Rev. Anita is always there in attendance.There is the IPPC conference in Nov. every year in Lagos,Nigeria and Rev.Anita is present.I don't know where you guys got the idea she has been abandoned for 16yrs.This is the kind of bad press he speaks about.

NB.I'm not defending him and don't attend Christ Embassy,I just don't like rumours.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by kevoh(m): 7:38am On Sep 08, 2014
Tallesty1: If I were to be the judge of their case, I think I have found enough reason to divorce them.

Anita is married to a semidemi-god.
Fixed

@OP
Enough of this Mr. Chris Oyakhilome saga, let's hear about something else. I'm not even his fan nor that of Pentecostal pastors but time to give this family a breathing space,abeg . Enough of the condescending attitude.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lovaleenny(f): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2014
When I heard the story I didn't wanna talk coz I don't like talking outta ignorance....my mum was about to talk about the issue with one of our neighbour I had to tell her to refrain from saying anything den told the neighbour who had a worried look to listen to the message not the messenger.

If what op wrote is truly what the pastor said den d wife shud divorce him...I mean I'll if am d one

He said something about men of God not sinning or going against God....what bible does he read againdid David not sin against God when he took Bathseba away from Urriah and knocked her up....did Solomon not sin against God when he married different sorts of women dt nearly made turn his back against God coz of their idolatry ways...did Jonah not go sin and went against God when he didn't initially go for d assignment he was given....and d list goes on and on....all these men were men of God and more powerful and englitened than pastor chris so why he's saying dt he's a man of God and men of God don't do what he's been accused of??people of the old who worshipped God well have done worse but if you humble yourself and seek for forgiveness you shall receive it....weda what d media is saying d truth or not(I for one don't take media stories with a pinch of salt unless I hear it frm d horse's mouth dts when I believe it)is none of our business but if your wife is saying she needed you to pay close attention to ur home and u didn't and u started taming her immatured and everyone shud pray for her??am sorry for u and d congregation listening to u...shouldn't they be praying for the both of you to work it out??why must they pray for her only??shouldn't they pray that God should relieve you of ur pride??

People should stop looking at religious leaders as demigods??dey r just human like yourselves and can be prone to mistakes at any time....if he had asked dt they shud pray for both of dem I wud av respected him more(not like he needs my respect anyway). I pray that God comforts his wife and children

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 08, 2014
Caseless2: spot-on!
Btw, ar u a member of his church?

No I am not.

lanrefront1:

Is it not the same women who are living in the white house and travelling all over with him arranging his schedule and excluding family time from his schedule? Why not put in family vacation time in his schedule! Is it not the same Sinachi now who he is stylishly saying isbcalled while his wife is not called?
Sinachi married at almost 40 if not more as she was busy living with and following pastor the marriage I even suspect as it seems like an arrangement just to keep mouths shut.

1 Like

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2014
thorpido: I'm quoting you just to put this right.Rev.Anita has not been away from pastor chris for sixteen years.They do see though he may not have been giving her quality time.There is a Higher Life Conference in London every year and Rev. Anita is always there in attendance.There is the IPPC conference in Nov. every year in Lagos,Nigeria and Rev.Anita is present.I don't know where you guys got the idea she has been abandoned for 16yrs.This is the kind of bad press he speaks about.

NB.I'm not defending him and don't attend Christ Embassy,I just don't like rumours.

So.she attends a yearly meeting and that's enough? No vacation no family time their time together is just for thesame church work haba.

Is it during the meetings that he will relax means snuggle with his wife and just relax and be silly?

Na wa oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by lanrefront1(m): 7:55am On Sep 08, 2014
thorpido: I'm quoting you just to put this right.Rev.Anita has not been away from pastor chris for sixteen years.They do see though he may not have been giving her quality time.There is a Higher Life Conference in London every year and Rev. Anita is always there in attendance.There is the IPPC conference in Nov. every year in Lagos,Nigeria and Rev.Anita is present.I don't know where you guys got the idea she has been abandoned for 16yrs.This is the kind of bad press he speaks about.

I said he has lived away, lived apart from his wife for sixteen years. Of course any normal person know they of course will be seeing during the sixteen years. And the wife did say those times are very few and far in between.

sorry, I disagree about quality time...this is more than that..... for reasons best known to him, he tactfully abandoned his wife....there is no other name for it. would your own wife take this. why can't you guys yell yourself the truth.

this arrangement is not a new thing.... there are many business men and successful men who favour this arrangement....they send their family to UK or US while they live the life of a bachelor in Nigeria....but even these guy-men spend a whole lot of more time with their wives than Pastor Chris

1 Like

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by stevecantrell: 8:00am On Sep 08, 2014
If you think Oyakilome is gonna do a Jimmy Swaggart for all of u...u will wait long.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by trustman: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2014
Maybe we need a 'new' definition of who a 'man of God' is. Was Apostle Paul a 'man of God'? Or just a preacher? What did he say about himself? How did he regard himself? 

When the supposedly new covenant believer falls back on the Old covenant to want to either interpret his spiritual life or justify his position on any issue then something is definitely not quite right. 

NO MAN has a right to equate himself with Jesus Christ. He is in a class of his own. Of course when men are deified and Christ is lowered to level of man anything goes. 

Is there right or wrong as far as the Bible stands?
Or is it a matter of SITUATIONAL ETHICS or the 'leading of the spirit' which can work in any direction - in line with or against the written scripture?

Now, who in the first place started projecting the image of the wives of ministers to be at par with their 'MoG' husbands? The press? The followers?
What exactly is the way it is in the Bible?
Why hasn't that been made clear before now?

Christians need to learn to get back to the Bible and see how the NEW COVENANT BELIEVER is to pattern his life: and this applies to both those who are given the GIFT of shepherding and those who are not but EQUALLY have other gifts e. g. discernment. 

Christianity is not mysticism. It is not only the 'MoG' that can understand God - otherwise why is the Holy Spirit given to all? Or is he given only to some?

When believers refuse to think with the MIND OF CHRIST - the Bible, they can swallow anything offered to them - hook line and sinker. 

- "So let no one boast in men" 1 Corinthians 3:21
- "Therefore let anyone (MoG excluded?) who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall" 1 Corinthians 10:12
- "But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his", and "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from Iniquity" 2 Timothy 2:19

2 Likes

Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by thorpido(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2:

So.she attends a yearly meeting and that's enough? No vacation no family time their time together is just for thesame church work haba.

Is it during the meetings that he will relax means snuggle with his wife and just relax and be silly?

Na wa oh
I already said he didn't spend quality time with her.I was just correcting the impression that they didn't see for those 16yrs.
Re: Christian Oyakhilome's Exact Words At The Communion Service by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 08, 2014
thorpido: I already said he didn't spend quality time with her.I was just correcting the impression that they didn't see for those 16yrs.

No one said that here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eziza And Oka ~ Orunmila Divination / Bullshit Of Dream Interpretation. Nature Of Dreams. / Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His Birthday Today (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.