Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes (69988 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 06, 2014
cremeandchic:

Thank you very much. But what about their style of clothings, are they trendy and fashionable? cos i need trendy female clothes, shoes and bags.
my cousin traveld 2veitnem 4football he stayd long there. The cloths he came back with were wonderful the shoes. At least i got a shoe. It was vry nice. So maybe u can try there.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by gtswt(f): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nice one...
But this ebola thing is spoiling tins ooo

Ha' see me, see Dec mkt!
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by gowaga68: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
wip7:

Turkish textile industries are quite large and relatively quality. You will find more than 200 textile industries in izmir, Istanbul and Antalya. For wholesale you will find in bulk around these regions Osmanbey, Laleli, Zeytinburnu and Bursa. Here you will find different designer wholesale stores, factory reps and brands. To get affordable prices, you have to know some particular streets that deals with what you want. For instance, you will find great and affordable cost ladies undies and shirts along Rumeli street at Osmanbey. I know in and out of these region and to answer some of your questions above:

(1) visa: You have to apply for Business visa at Turkish embassy Abuja. This visa category could be very difficult since many people have abused it. But if you get invitation from big companies or wholesale stores then it will be easier and you can find the procedure to secure that on the embassy website.

(2) cloths are cheap compare to European and American sales cost but is highly not comparable to Chinese or African cost prices. Reason been that, Turkish companies or factories are strictly rigid and may not want to adapt to your on specifiction due to their Governmental policies. For example, i want to purchase Anti-theft nail for a company in Nigeria and the company was willing to purchase at 50N per one. Turkish company that produces this type of nail has standard specs and can only sell at landing cost of 45-48N. Same nail can be custom-made for me in most Chinese factories and i got offers ranging from 20-30N unfortunately the company that needs it want Turkish product....so half half cake is better than puffpuff. Ladies cloths quality wholesale ranges from 30-100TL (1TL is currently as it today around 76-78N)..do the maths.

(3) quality: Yes highly quality and trendy and enough designer brands even from other countries but production based in Turkey like Mango, Zara etc.

(4) Flight: you have to ask the airlines or traveling agent since it varies but should be less than 200K.

(5) order online: yes they have some stores online and majorly in Turkish Language but cloths order online are retail not Wholesale cost. For real business you have to visit or find somebody do the job for you.

Wish you luck in your biz!!

You have been doing very very good on Turkish issues, kudos to that! Sir, do you know any easy means of shipping dogs from Turkey to Nigeria pls.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Miami11: 3:08am On Nov 11, 2014
wip7:

Turkish textile industries are quite large and relatively quality. You will find more than 200 textile industries in izmir, Istanbul and Antalya. For wholesale you will find in bulk around these regions Osmanbey, Laleli, Zeytinburnu and Bursa. Here you will find different designer wholesale stores, factory reps and brands. To get affordable prices, you have to know some particular streets that deals with what you want. For instance, you will find great and affordable cost ladies undies and shirts along Rumeli street at Osmanbey. I know in and out of these region and to answer some of your questions above:

(1) visa: You have to apply for Business visa at Turkish embassy Abuja. This visa category could be very difficult since many people have abused it. But if you get invitation from big companies or wholesale stores then it will be easier and you can find the procedure to secure that on the embassy website.

(2) cloths are cheap compare to European and American sales cost but is highly not comparable to Chinese or African cost prices. Reason been that, Turkish companies or factories are strictly rigid and may not want to adapt to your on specifiction due to their Governmental policies. For example, i want to purchase Anti-theft nail for a company in Nigeria and the company was willing to purchase at 50N per one. Turkish company that produces this type of nail has standard specs and can only sell at landing cost of 45-48N. Same nail can be custom-made for me in most Chinese factories and i got offers ranging from 20-30N unfortunately the company that needs it want Turkish product....so half half cake is better than puffpuff. Ladies cloths quality wholesale ranges from 30-100TL (1TL is currently as it today around 76-78N)..do the maths.

(3) quality: Yes highly quality and trendy and enough designer brands even from other countries but production based in Turkey like Mango, Zara etc.

(4) Flight: you have to ask the airlines or traveling agent since it varies but should be less than 200K.

(5) order online: yes they have some stores online and majorly in Turkish Language but cloths order online are retail not Wholesale cost. For real business you have to visit or find somebody do the job for you.

Wish you luck in your biz!!

@wip where can I find real good quality wedding dresses in turkey?
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Miami11: 3:09am On Nov 11, 2014
worry359:
LOts of information if you go and look on Google "
"Turkish wholesale clothes sales"

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Turkish+wholesale+clothes+sales

For example
1. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul
02 February 2013, 22:06

entu_13, welcome to Istanbul.

There are many areas that manufacture and wholesale ladies clothing. These are Osmanbey, Merter, Laleli, Zeytinburnu, Gungoren, Yeni Bosna, etc. However the first three are the most important. You should visit these three areas. but especially Osmanbey and Merter.

Now Osmanbey is one metro stop away from Taksim. So you can stay at Taksim hotels, "taksim.hotelle.com".

You should be looking at the showrooms at Osmanbey which are mostly at Sair Nigar, Haci Mansur and Kodaman streets. Have a look. "http:///maps/e2YJe".

For some links on showrooms, here are some useful websites. "www.osmanbeyfashion.com/eng/bayangiyim.html", and "osmanbeyfashionguide.com/en/kadn-giyim.html". For freight forwarders and an agent, have a look: "www.tradeegypt.com/39174/?link=&id=39174". Finally for further listings, have a look: "http:///9kq5j28". For evening dresses: "www.tekstilportal.com/rehber_v3_en.asp…"

For merter wholesalers, you can have a look: "whocit.com". And finally here are some more companies. "…europages.co.uk/business-directory-europe/d…".

1. The best three places to go are Osmanbey, Merter and Laleli.

2- Check the text above.

3- Kuyumcukent is the place to go for wholesale purchasing of jewelery. For belts, wallets, etc. Again Osmanbey, Merter and Laleli.

4- You can not get info about wholesale prices without being into the showrooms. tell them exactly what you are looking for amd what you want to do.

5- Wholesalers deal either with cash or credit cards. However to get wholesale prices, you need to buy quantity. These are not retail stores. You can bargain if you like for lower prices.

6- I gave you a contact for a freight forwarder at Osmanbey. Ask them all those questions. The best is one shipment alltogether.

7- Check the laws of Estonia for customs duties for importing textiles into the country. You have to do your homework.

8- I already suggested that you stay at Taksim area.

9- Finally I suggest that you visit some malls in Istanbul to see the merchandise also. Cevahir Mall, Kanyon Mall, Trump Towers Mall, and Istinye park Mall are good candidates. They are all on the metroline from Taksim. For Cevahir and Trump Towers, get off at Sisli, for Kanyon get off at Levent, and for Istinye Park get off the metro at ITU-Ayazaga station.

good luck

@ worry where can I find good quality wedding gowns in Turkey?
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by wip7: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Miami11:

@wip where can I find real good quality wedding dresses in turkey?

what quantity are you looking at? if less than 100, you can find Istanbul ...if is constant purchase and above 500 pcs then you get at production units in Izmir.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Miami11: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2014
For a starter my sister just needs one real good one,made in turkey for her wedding coming up, do you know any good places that make quality wedding gowns.
Iam not sure how many I need for business, depends on the pricing and all that.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by tobitee(f): 1:24am On Dec 15, 2014
Am into babies and children clothing. Can I also get in abundance in vietnam/Turkey.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by tessymine: 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
i am a boutique owner and i sell turkey wears but ur post about shopping in vietnam is quite educating
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by carizma: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hi everyone am also very l ch interested I so much love d way u explained everything hoping to go to Turkey soon but will really love d experience that Vietnam
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by nkkystel(f): 1:00am On Mar 04, 2015
iykbethany:

If you are serious and want to make good profit in clothing business, I will advise you to go to VIETNAM instead of turkey. I have tried importing clothes/shoes from 12 countries in Asia before I settled in Vietnam.

1. VIETNAM products are of higher quality than Turkey, most Vietnam factories manufacture for USA/European market so be sure to get the highest quality clothes and shoes at the best and cheapest rates.

2. The cheapest hotels in Turkey are around $40 per night, but you can get standard hotels for 10$ in Vietnam, these types of hotels costs about 30,000 naira in Nigeria.

3. So far I have taken 12 boutique owners to Vietnam and they no longer go to Turkey or China, they now prefer Vietnam.

4. I am presently in UK at the moment and have been shopping, most of the high quality shoes in most shops in UK are made in Vietnam, not Turkey or China.

5. I have been in the business for years so I know whats good and whats not. The only problem right now is that since 3 months now Vietnam is not giving visa to West African travelers because of Ebola.

Since you cant go to Vietnam now you can try Turkey but once the Vietnam embassy starts issuing visas again you should try Vietnam.
You are very correct, made in Vietnam products are nice. I've got some of their stuffs and thnx for the lesson.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by akagbosuj(f): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello, Please I need a contact person in Vietnam I wanted to go to turkey to buy female clothing but I just herd vietnam is better. Please help me with anyone who can take me to d shops n around. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by govietnam(f): 10:16am On Mar 17, 2015
akagbosuj:
Hello, Please I need a contact person in Vietnam I wanted to go to turkey to buy female clothing but I just herd vietnam is better. Please help me with anyone who can take me to d shops n around. Thanks
I have some friends and they can take you around for shopping, but which of city in Vietnam do you want to visit?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by SOPHIECOUTURE(f): 11:04am On Mar 18, 2015
hello do you have any idea of agents in turkey and vietnam i have valid visa and will be going there soones
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by iykbethany(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
SOPHIECOUTURE:
hello do you have any idea of agents in turkey and vietnam i have valid visa and will be going there soones

I can connect you to agents in Turkey and Vietnam when you are ready.
I also can connect you to warehouses and shipping companies in both countries whenever you want to ship anything from Turkey/Vietnam to Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by sparklerii: 7:11am On Apr 01, 2015
hello, please is it possible to get an agent to buy goods for you or online in Turkey.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by iykbethany(m): 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
sparklerii:
hello, please is it possible to get an agent to buy goods for you or online in Turkey.

I have people I can refer you to in Turkey but believe me it is always better to see what you are ordering. Those clothes or shoes you see on line or via Skype/viber may not look nice in real life. Buy what you are seeing physically...

Instead of buying clothes or shoes online, it is much better to buy from Onitsha direct from importers and wholesalers. Thats how i started my business before i started traveling abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Leojamesjames(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
i will really urge you to go to china and get cloths, shoes, bags because even here in uae china products flood their markets man busniess man and woman now goes to china to get the merchandise direct from china, they dont come to uae, only novice buyer comes to dubai.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by shinaidowu: 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
iykbethany:

I can connect you to agents in Turkey and Vietnam when you are ready.
I also can connect you to warehouses and shipping companies in both countries whenever you want to ship anything from Turkey/Vietnam to Nigeria.

Pls would like to have an idea how the cost of cargoing from turkey to nigeria and how long it would take. Would be glad if you can help me with an agent contact.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by achodave(m): 11:18am On May 07, 2015
iykbethany:

I have people I can refer you to in Turkey but believe me it is always better to see what you are ordering. Those clothes or shoes you see on line or via Skype/viber may not look nice in real life. Buy what you are seeing physically...

Instead of buying clothes or shoes online, it is much better to buy from Onitsha direct from importers and wholesalers. Thats how i started my business before i started traveling abroad.

Been trying your line to no avail,I've added you on Skype and pm(d) you here on nairaland,please I need to speak with you as soon as possible.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by iykbethany(m): 11:29am On May 07, 2015
achodave:

Been trying your line to no avail,I've added you on Skype and pm(d) you here on nairaland,please I need to speak with you as soon as possible.Thanks

My Skype is always connected on my phone, I didn't receive any Skype message from you.
I did receive your email and have replied
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by achodave(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2015
iykbethany:

My Skype is always connected on my phone, I didn't receive any Skype message from you.
I did receive your email and have replied

You haven't accepted my request on Skype,anyway I requested for your telephone contact,the Etisalat line here on nairaland isn't going.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by analogiphone: 10:46pm On May 08, 2015
@iykbethany, Hello Sir, can you help me with someone to send me invitation letter from Turkey? i will like to chat with you using your skype or give you a call about this. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by justwise(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2015
@iykbethany

Please avoid promising to link people up with business owners that can issue them invitation letter.

This is online one need to be careful

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by iykbethany(m): 10:11am On May 09, 2015
justwise:
@iykbethany

Please avoid promising to link people up with business owners that can issue them invitation letter.

This is online one need to be careful

Very true sir
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by frankyfranky(m): 6:56am On Jul 14, 2015
pls, am interested in going to Vietnam but wants to know the least amount one can travel with n still make good profit. thanks
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by iykbethany(m): 4:40am On Jul 18, 2015
frankyfranky:
pls, am interested in going to Vietnam but wants to know the least amount one can travel with n still make good profit. thanks

Hi Franky, to be honest Nobody is supposed to tell you how much money to start a business with. Some people started with millions of naira, while some people started with few hundred thousands, it depends on your own financial circumstances.

But if you MUST travel to Asia or even Dubai to import clothing's or shoes you must have at least 1 Million Naira minimum FOR SHOPPING ALONE. If you don't have up to that amount you better buy directly from importers in Lagos or Onitsha. You should think of traveling to Asia to import goods when you are buying things in large quantity to justify the amount of money you are going to spend for visa, air ticket, hotel accommodation etc.

As at today it costs nearly 300,000 naira to fly to any South East Asian country, no thanks to the falling Naira.

Someone phoned me few weeks ago and said he has 700,000 naira can he start, my answer was no. Because flight was about 285,000 Naira on the day i got that call. When you remove 285k from 700k what do you have? Mind you, you are staying in hotel for days or weeks, you will eat, pay taxi fares to warehouses, pay visa fee etc. So am sure from the above explanation you have an idea.

There are many importers in Onitsha you could buy from, they give great discounts. But I am not going to release any of their contacts, if you want to buy from importers go to Onisha main market or Lagos and ask. Why i have refused to share such contacts is this. It is not good to give out other peoples contacts to third parties. And besides when the business and contact is rosy you wont even remember to say thank you. But if something goes wrong tomorrow i might be labelled as an accomplice. So I don't want anything that will stain my name.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video) / Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.