Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes (69980 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by legendsmother(f): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
I know it is not good to share contacts of direct importers but please help we the sincere ones, all my efforts at balogun twice has been frustrated. They tell me they are wholesale n d prices don't sound like it. Pls help we dat cannot travel to buy we need sincere contacts at d local balogun mrkt

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by beelicious: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
@legendmother, you don't need anybody's contact to buy at balogun. 99percent of balogun people sell at the same price, dollars is high now and cost of goods are now very high too.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by ghanaman5050: 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sir , I will like to travel to Turkey to wholesale shoes . Please , I need to best city in Turkey to buy wholesale sales shoes . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Chikilitasha: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
Why do you need to travel to Turkey to buy clothes? I suggest just go online and pick some cheap ones. You have loads on www.amazon.com, Alibaba and Bella Canvashttp://www.bellacanvas.com. They even provide you wholesale stocks so you can redesign and add prints to the plain stuff. Isn't that pretty cool?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by upchair(m): 9:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Hello house. I just stumbled on this thread and I have been following it with keen interest. Please where can I get Turkish/ Vietnamese fabric in Lagos/ onitsha/ aba. Please can anybody give me contacts in this regard because I am interested in good quality fabrics. I have been frustrated by low quality fabrics I keep getting/ seeing. Please help a brother. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
jusugo92:
U are all wrong,turkey does not import a pin of textile from china.The fabrics are of high quality and solely made and designed in turkey.I have been to both countries and the difference is clear.Its just that Turkey wears are expensive compared to china wears.A turkey gown costs 2 or 3 times the prize of china gown.A turkey shirt is sold btw the range of 4K to 5K while china shirts starts from 1K to 2.5K.

Thanks....Tell them oooo
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
analogiphone:
@iykbethany, Hello Sir, can you help me with someone to send me invitation letter from Turkey? i will like to chat with you using your skype or give you a call about this. Thanks

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by ojialo(m): 5:21am On Jul 19, 2018
I've learnt a lot
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Arabellababy: 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
Please I want to start buying clothes from turkey, pls when is the best time to travel?
What are is the best place to stay in turkey
What markets or warehouse can I visit to buy trendy clothes and shoes at affordable prices
Please I will appreciate a detailed response, I am new here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by generationz(f): 1:50am On Sep 07, 2018
legendsmother:
I know it is not good to share contacts of direct importers but please help we the sincere ones, all my efforts at balogun twice has been frustrated. They tell me they are wholesale n d prices don't sound like it. Pls help we dat cannot travel to buy we need sincere contacts at d local balogun mrkt

hello

where you successful in getting leads on buying from turkey
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by generationz(f): 1:51am On Sep 07, 2018
upchair:
Hello house. I just stumbled on this thread and I have been following it with keen interest. Please where can I get Turkish/ Vietnamese fabric in Lagos/ onitsha/ aba. Please can anybody give me contacts in this regard because I am interested in good quality fabrics. I have been frustrated by low quality fabrics I keep getting/ seeing. Please help a brother. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.

hello help me

how do you get your turkey wears
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by generationz(f): 1:53am On Sep 07, 2018
Sempumping:

Thanks....Tell them oooo
how can I purchase bags shoes and clothes wholesale from turkey
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by generationz(f): 2:07am On Sep 07, 2018
iykbethany:

If you are serious and want to make good profit in clothing business, I will advise you to go to VIETNAM instead of turkey. I have tried importing clothes/shoes from 12 countries in Asia before I settled in Vietnam.

1. VIETNAM products are of higher quality than Turkey, most Vietnam factories manufacture for USA/European market so be sure to get the highest quality clothes and shoes at the best and cheapest rates.

2. The cheapest hotels in Turkey are around $40 per night, but you can get standard hotels for 10$ in Vietnam, these types of hotels costs about 30,000 naira in Nigeria.

3. So far I have taken 12 boutique owners to Vietnam and they no longer go to Turkey or China, they now prefer Vietnam.

4. I am presently in UK at the moment and have been shopping, most of the high quality shoes in most shops in UK are made in Vietnam, not Turkey or China.

5. I have been in the business for years so I know whats good and whats not. The only problem right now is that since 3 months now Vietnam is not giving visa to West African travelers because of Ebola.

Since you cant go to Vietnam now you can try Turkey but once the Vietnam embassy starts issuing visas again you should try Vietnam.

wow the little things we stumble upon here that change our lives

please how do I contact you for the Vietnam shopping

what sites do I buy from?

do they make designer shoes like Aldo, papaya , simmi, cape robbin etc in vietnam
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by generationz(f): 2:18am On Sep 07, 2018
kika23:

Alright. Thank you very much for the information. It really helped.. smiley
where you able to buy stuff at Vietnam or turkey
how was the experience
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by generationz(f): 2:23am On Sep 07, 2018
iykbethany:

I have people I can refer you to in Turkey but believe me it is always better to see what you are ordering. Those clothes or shoes you see on line or via Skype/viber may not look nice in real life. Buy what you are seeing physically...

Instead of buying clothes or shoes online, it is much better to buy from Onitsha direct from importers and wholesalers. Thats how i started my business before i started traveling abroad.

do they sell turkey and Vietnam wares wholesale at onitsha
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by odinga1of: 9:51am On Sep 07, 2018
iykbethany:

I dont know how long the Turkish visa takes. I came to Turkey yesterday, i got my visa on arrival. If you have visa from western countries and fly Turkish Airways visa is instant.

However, I have met many Nigerians here who send invitation letters for people that want to come here for a fee. They get the invitation letters from big Turkish companies to enable people get visa. If you have other supporting documents like bank statements etc i may help you with Invitation letter.

One thing I want to use this opportunity to warn any Nigerian boy of girl that is considering coming to Turkey to hustle because there are no jobs here in Turkey for a Nigerian, Also Turkey does not give residence permit, all the boys here are crying, they want to come back but they cant because our people back home will call them failures. Majority of these guys came here to carry drugs, so so many Nigerians are in prison. We were eating at a Nigerian restaurant yesterday my agent told me that 9 out of 12 Nigerian guys at that restaurant are into drugs. they all looked haggard and frustrated bc if you try drug biz they will catch you and the setence is usually about 30 years plus, with hard labour... Our brothers nor dey hear word, no need to give anybody advise.

If you are coming to buy clothes you are welcomed, the place is very cold now so come with winter clothes and I would recomend you stay at prens hotel bc its brand new hotel, there is also flash hotel or Fly Hotel. The hotel rate is between 30$ to 35$. Only prens hotel is 50$ and above bc its a 3 star brand new hotel. Whenever you travel to Asia for the first time to buy items you must use agents bc they will be the ones to take you around shops and warehouses for a little fee. This is applicable to Vietnam, Turkey, China, etc. Most of these agents are igbo boys. i did all my shopping today and will return to Africa tomorrow. Vietnam is better in quality and price. My contacts in Vietnam, said they have started issuing visas again but they now need ebola certificate or whatever, i will get more details when i return to Nigerian.. good luck

Best advice so far, My Mom bought me a shoe in Torino, Italy where she base. inside the shoe there is made in Vietnam sticker on it.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by Stellarimp: 4:51am On Feb 13, 2019
Hello Iykbethany my name is Uche I need your help in importing from Vietnam. Pls can I contact you via email
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by LKO(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2019
iykbethany:

Hi Franky, to be honest Nobody is supposed to tell you how much money to start a business with. Some people started with millions of naira, while some people started with few hundred thousands, it depends on your own financial circumstances.

But if you MUST travel to Asia or even Dubai to import clothing's or shoes you must have at least 1 Million Naira minimum FOR SHOPPING ALONE. If you don't have up to that amount you better buy directly from importers in Lagos or Onitsha. You should think of traveling to Asia to import goods when you are buying things in large quantity to justify the amount of money you are going to spend for visa, air ticket, hotel accommodation etc.

As at today it costs nearly 300,000 naira to fly to any South East Asian country, no thanks to the falling Naira.

Someone phoned me few weeks ago and said he has 700,000 naira can he start, my answer was no. Because flight was about 285,000 Naira on the day i got that call. When you remove 285k from 700k what do you have? Mind you, you are staying in hotel for days or weeks, you will eat, pay taxi fares to warehouses, pay visa fee etc. So am sure from the above explanation you have an idea.

There are many importers in Onitsha you could buy from, they give great discounts. But I am not going to release any of their contacts, if you want to buy from importers go to Onisha main market or Lagos and ask. Why i have refused to share such contacts is this. It is not good to give out other peoples contacts to third parties. And besides when the business and contact is rosy you wont even remember to say thank you. But if something goes wrong tomorrow i might be labelled as an accomplice. So I don't want anything that will stain my name.

Very educative. Many thanks.

I'm really a novice here and I would be starting clothing and shoes business as soon as possible. Which market in Lagos can I get direct importers to buy from at reasonable wholesale price? Please help.
Re: Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes by iiffyy: 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hi @iykbethany,

Can u help me on how to go abt the Vietnam Visa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video) / Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.