Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

You Don’t Do Something Because Someone Else Is Doing It. Find Out What God Wants - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Don’t Do Something Because Someone Else Is Doing It. Find Out What God Wants (582 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / God Wants Me To Kill My Dad / A Woman Looks For God In Her Husband. And This Is How God Wants It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Don’t Do Something Because Someone Else Is Doing It. Find Out What God Wants by sidespin: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2014
YOU DON’T DO SOMETHING BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING IT. FIND OUT WHAT GOD WANTS YOU TO DO.

Years ago at a Voice of Healing Convention, I heard a pastor say something that caught my attention. He was a good pastor and had established a good work. But it was in the days of revival—especially tent revivals. Healing evangelists were everywhere, and tents were everywhere.

This pastor said, "If Roberts [speaking of Oral Roberts] can do it, I can do it." Was that God's plan and purpose for him? Or was it his human ego speaking? As a young man just in my thirties, I made a mental note of it and watched him to see what would happen. He left his church and got a tent. And he did it. For a little while he did it almost as well as Brother Roberts. He had a 5,000-seat tent and finally got up to a 10,000-seat tent. But then he went down, down, down.

During this same time, I was also in "The Voice of Healing," but God said to me, "You stay in the churches." And I stayed in them from 1949 until 1962, until God gave me a different plan. I traveled from church to church, preaching constantly. I was in meetings ninety-five percent of the time. And in practically every meeting—I don't mean it happened occasionally; I don't mean it happened once in a great while; I mean in almost every meeting—someone would stand up and prophesy that I was to get a tent.

"I've got a word for you. God wants you to get a tent."

God no more wanted me to get a tent than He wanted me to fly to Mars. And I didn't get one. Why did they do that? They did it because everyone else was getting a tent. I watched many other ministers get a tent because people prophesied that they should. The tent, the minister, and the ministry folded up.
YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING IT. FIND OUT WHAT GOD WANTS YOU TO DO. Why am I saying all these things? Why did the Lord Jesus visit me when He did and speak to me about plans, purposes, and pursuits? It's because He wants to move again in this day with supernatural manifestations! The move of God does not just belong to the revivals of the past! You see, there was a great revival and outpouring of the Holy Spirit that started in 1906 in the old Azusa Street Mission in Los Angeles. By 1907 that wave of revival began to spread nationally and internationally. Then in 1947, forty years later, the wave of the Healing Revival started. You talk about healing! I got in on it, and to tell you the truth about it, it was the easiest thing in the world to get people healed. I have never seen anything like what we had then; it was easy to get people healed!

A lady evangelist (really, she was more of an exhorter) once told me the same thing. She said, "My husband and I were in the ministry. He would play the piano and we would both sing, but I was the main preacher. We had been in the ministry for more than thirty years, but we had never laid hands on anyone in all that time. We would just hold meetings, get people saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, and exhort them a little. But when this wave of healing came along and everyone was laying hands on folks for healing, we decided we would try it too.

"The first person I laid hands on," she said, "was totally blind and was instantly healed! Dear Lord, it almost scared me to death! It was the easiest thing in the world to get folks healed. It was just like healing was 'in the air.' We had some of the most miraculous things happen you ever saw in your life!"

A healing wave like this is coming to the Body of Christ again. There will be miraculous healings like this in this next move of God! We need to know the wave is coming, and we need to know how to prepare ourselves to be effective in it. That is the reason I have recorded what Jesus said to me in the visitation of 1987. He said that the Body of Christ is to get His plan, His purposes, and pursue that! (Kenneth Hagin)

Whisper this prayer with me, ‘Lord Jesus, I love You. I announce with my mouth that You are Lord of my life. I believe in my spirit that You came in the flesh, died, buried & rose on the 3rd day all because of me. I accept this fact. Thanks for saving me. I believe I’m born again. Holy Spirit, now I receive You by faith into my spirit, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Amen!

EMMEAUX EVANGELICAL
Knowing the Lord Jesus for yourself is my concern.
For FREE messages / materials / Q&A contact me on:
emmeaux3@yahoo.com 08033853236
Facebook (Jesus Wordz, emmeaux3@yahoo.com)

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Say If An Unbeliever Asks You This... / Synagogue Reluctant To Release names Of Victims As Death Toll Hits80 / Please How Many People Are Ready For The Coming Of Christ .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.