Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. (986 Views)

Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Omooba77: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2014
Sepp Blatter has confirmed he will stand for a fifth term as Fifa president next year.

Blatter has been widely expected to stand again despite saying in 2011 this would be his last term and now he has confirmed he will do so. It follows Uefa president Michel Platini announcing last month that he would not stand for the Fifa post.

Blatter said he would officially inform the Fifa executive committee of his plans at the next meeting on 25 and 26 September.

The 78-year-old said in a video interview played at the Soccerex conference in Manchester: “I will inform the executive committee. It’s a question of respect also to say then to the football family, ‘Yes I will be ready. I will be a candidate.’”

Blatter said the backing of the majority of the national associations at the Fifa Congress in São Paulo in June had convinced him to keep going.

He added: “You see a mission is never finished. And my mission is not finished.

“Then I got through the last Congress in São Paulo not only the impression but the support of the majority, a huge majority of national associations asking ‘Please go on, be our president also in future’.”

The election will take place at the Fifa Congress next May. The only other declared candidate is the former Fifa deputy secretary general Jerome Champagne, although the candidacy deadline is not until January next year.

Before the World Cup started in Brazil in June, five of Fifa’s six confederations - the exception being Uefa - gave Blatter their support to continue as president and it is almost inconceivable that he will not be re-elected when voting takes place at the Fifa Congress in Zurich next June.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/08/sepp-blatter-fifa-fifth-term-re-election-confirms
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Omooba77: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2014
At 78, he still wan die there........Why position and money no dey satisfy............
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Dreyl(m): 11:39am On Sep 08, 2014
This sepp bladder don't want to retire again,that man wan die as Fifa president,e be like say that post they sweet am well well. cheesy undecided
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Wolexi15(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Y is nobody challenging him?,,I smell something fishy
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Chazzyboy: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Life president
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by oyewolestephen(m): 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
I don't know this type of ego is typical to white people too imagine at that. Adieu_Age still hoping for next round, is he born along with that position.. I wonder
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by buskie13(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
if it was abacha...they'll criticise him...if it was Gaddafi... they'll criticise...if it was Laurent Gbagbo...they'll criticise ......to my own observations.... the whites are the gullible...what nonsense
Third term For where

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Omooba77: 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
buskie13: if it was abacha...they'll criticise him...if it was Gaddafi... they'll criticise...if it was Laurent Gbagbo...they'll criticise ......to my own observations.... the whites are the gullible...what nonsense
Third term For where
Na fifth term,he came in 1998....

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by buskie13(m): 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
Omooba77:
Na fifth term,he came in 1998....
for a whole five times.... dat man won die on dat seat.....
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by mencade5(m): 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
this thing fit enter front page o.

...is typing a message
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by mubarakopeyemi(m): 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
mencade5: this thing fit enter front page o.

...is typing a message

What's about this front page Of a thing?
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Segadem(m): 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
@ 78, hmmmm God knows tomorrow.
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Omooba77: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2014
Every man born out of a woman is unrepentantly greedy;colour,tribe,nation are just secondary.......That is why God warns against covectiousness......
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by jotey(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2014
Omooba77: Sepp Blatter has confirmed he will stand for a fifth term as Fifa president next year.

Blatter has been widely expected to stand again despite saying in 2011 this would be his last term and now he has confirmed he will do so. It follows Uefa president Michel Platini announcing last month that he would not stand for the Fifa post.

Blatter said he would officially inform the Fifa executive committee of his plans at the next meeting on 25 and 26 September.

The 78-year-old said in a video interview played at the Soccerex conference in Manchester: “I will inform the executive committee. It’s a question of respect also to say then to the football family, ‘Yes I will be ready. I will be a candidate.’”

Blatter said the backing of the majority of the national associations at the Fifa Congress in São Paulo in June had convinced him to keep going.

He added: “You see a mission is never finished. And my mission is not finished.

“Then I got through the last Congress in São Paulo not only the impression but the support of the majority, a huge majority of national associations asking ‘Please go on, be our president also in future’.”

The election will take place at the Fifa Congress next May. The only other declared candidate is the former Fifa deputy secretary general Jerome Champagne, although the candidacy deadline is not until January next year.

Before the World Cup started in Brazil in June, five of Fifa’s six confederations - the exception being Uefa - gave Blatter their support to continue as president and it is almost inconceivable that he will not be re-elected when voting takes place at the Fifa Congress in Zurich next June.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/08/sepp-blatter-fifa-fifth-term-re-election-confirms
Chai Na there im go die put b dat
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by heatmeup(f): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2014
i was so angry when i heard his speech that his mission his not yet complete
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Omooba77: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2014
heatmeup: i was so angry when i heard his speech that his mission his not yet complete
Na uncompleted mission;abi chop chop wey dey for the position.
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by delikay4luv: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
heatmeup: i was so angry when i heard his speech that his mission his not yet complete
is it an action game
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Omooba77: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
It is part of the biz..............Joa too stayed until he cant remember anything...................

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 12, 2014
Later some inferior complexed individuals will come and rant that it is only Africans and Asians that have sit tight mentality. Foolish sepp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by HOMOTOYOSI10: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Bobbystanley(m): 1:01am On Sep 13, 2014
5th term in Office?

Wish my darling Jonathan could rule until a fifth term in office.
That's 20 years as Nigerian President.

God forbid such!
The only reason why he would remain as President by 2015 is because he doesn't have a strong and trustworthy rival.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Has Confirmed He Will Stand For Another Term As FIFA President. by Padipadi(m): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2014
Aiit!
Gbes!
E dobale!
Gbes!
E fo soke!
Gbes!
E f'oro le!
Gbes!
E gboju mbe!
Gbes!
E kuro mbe!
Aiit!
because, na hin be say o!
Arsenal go win o!
We go wound Man City o!
_______
Last Bullet
He can die in office.
Adontgivadam!

(1) (Reply)

History Repeated Itself : AFCON 2015 / Who Is The Best Striker In The Premier League / (photo) Check Out This Amazing Chelsea Players Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.