Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? (25769 Views)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Toyota, Kia Okay Nigeria’s Assembly Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
obailala:
If you follow the trend, you will be shocked at the rate of improvement of those Chinese vehicles in the last 10 years.

Without a doubt they have improved greatly in the last 10 years

Thats why in my very first response i said Yes, but not anytime soon. Maybe 15 - 20 years down. But the Chinese can do it in shorter time if they so desire.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
2sExy1: did you see the word "Nigeria" in the title of this thread? If you didn't let me hold your head so that you can see properly.

I made that comment in context to the line of dicussion the person in question and i were having..
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by IdomaLikita: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
Angela Merkel drives a Mercedes
Obama Drives a Lincoln
Francois Hollande drives a Citroen
Shinji Abe drives a Toyota
My Chairman drives a .....?

Blackman know thyself!

6 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
MadCow1:

I made that comment in context to the line of dicussion the person in question and i were having..
ok bro
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Okeikpu(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
If only the over 67million Igbos cud patronize ths man...then he got no problem wit the phucking north n Sw...-,- Beside...Biafra is on the way.

4 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by richtubor: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
If a dog gets necessary support, she will kill a monkey.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by chidooh1: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
Why not, with our encouragement and support they will surely get there. Government and individuals should patronize them, that's the only way we can contribute in making them realize their world class dream.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by freenature: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
To thos that say IVM is a car assembler, you are clueless and have no prior valid info. Every part on that car is made in nigeria except the car engine which is manufatured for the company. Please note getting a company with higher technical no hw to make engines for d company is not a crime as many top automobile companies like Nissan,BMw, AUdi, VW have also done the same and are still doing so, the same goes for maybach too. So lets give IVM some credit by patronising them thats the encouragement needed.

7 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Do you know that toyota and kia design their own cars?
Do you know that toyota and kia parts are not produced in china?
Do you know that toyota and kia don't just stamp their badges on someone else's cars?

Don't compare ingenuity and mediocrity.
Sir, in the auto industry, there is NO difference between manufacturing and 'assembling'. No auto brand (except the luxury ones) manufacture all the components of their vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Okeikpu: If only the over 67million Igbos cud patronize ths man...then he got no problem wit the phucking north n Sw...-,- Beside...Biafra is on the way.

Nwokem, I'chago kwa anya, I'sego kwa ife?

grin

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
Do you know that toyota and kia don't just stamp their badges on someone else's cars?

Dats a not true toyota for example is designed in japan but completely built in china I mean labour materials manpower same with some mercedes and bmw product. Even ur iphone is designed in the USA d core components manufactured in the usa like d processpor buh I can say 80-87 percent of d iphone is manufactured in china. U are getting what u pay for let's say u buh a ear piece for 300 naira u complain of poor quality how much do u think is the production cost. If it gets to d end consumer at 300 naira then d production cost is far less than a dollar. So nigeria is filled with poor ppl dats why u see cheap goods flooding the market.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Okeikpu(m): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
tdayof:
china... Korea n Japan...
1)japan
2)China
3korean
b4 u underrate the Chinese what has Nigeria produced?
Sharrap there, we produce a lot things like rat poison,animal traps,mpanakas n many other stuffs. We even dey export toothpicks to Ghana n South Africa.. So make u no dey underestimate ds country. Yorubas export their Agege buredi to united kingdom while the Binis export their hotchicks to Italy n Spain.... The gr8 Igbos export their pamwine across Europe n America while the H/Fulanis export their Boko hara m robots to all parts of the world. GOD BLESS NIGERIA...

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by PeckNARM: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Even If they can't compete does that mean they should not try? Stupid thread!
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Okeikpu(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
MadCow1:

Nwokem, I'chago kwa anya, I'sego kwa ife?

grin

Guy odikwa ka ina afu ajo uzo grin ewelugom anwuru charisia contact grin anam eche umu Albania ka wetalum another roll.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
bossmini84:
Dats a not true toyota for example is designed in japan but completely built in china I mean labour materials manpower same with some mercedes and bmw product. Even ur iphone is designed in the USA d core components manufactured in the usa like d processpor buh I can say 80-87 percent of d iphone is manufactured in china. U are getting what u pay for let's say u buh a ear piece for 300 naira u complain of poor quality how much do u think is the production cost. If it gets to d end consumer at 300 naira then d production cost is far less than a dollar. So nigeria is filled with poor ppl dats why u see cheap goods flooding the market.

But you don't see the chinese shouting that Toyota, BMW and mercedes are made in china cars or chinese cars.

Why are Nigerians shouting that china cars are made in Nigeria cars?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Gynacologist(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2014

in orda wordz?
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by akiOYIBO: 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
DStarrx: Instagram was also created yesterday (in 2010) and today it's the rave of the moment with more than 150 million active users. Being "invented" yesterday is not a reason to lay back and watch others dominate the market.
no one is talking about sitting back.......are u sure you went through the thread?
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Spot the difference.

5 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Attaching your badge on another man's car does not mean you made it.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by chibecanglobal(m): 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Attaching your badge on another man's car does not mean you made it.
whose other man s car are you refering to if i may ask?
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by tdayof(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Okeikpu: Sharrap there, we produce a lot things like rat poison,animal traps,mpanakas n many other stuffs. We even dey export toothpicks to Ghana n South Africa.. So make u no dey underestimate ds country. Yorubas export their Agege buredi to united kingdom while the Binis export their hotchicks to Italy n Spain.... The gr8 Igbos export their pamwine across Europe n America while the H/Fulanis export their Boko hara m robots to all parts of the world. GOD BLESS NIGERIA...
#dont quote me again dude!
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
chibecanglobal: whose other man s car are you refering to if i may ask?

GAC motors.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by tranxo(m): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
How many branches per state are operated by GTB with respect to First Bank, Zenith, Access etc.? Yet, that doesn't remove the fact that GTB is very much a top player in the banking sector, albeit not being the numero uno.

Every going concern has its own business model. What we see from the outside pales into insignificance compared to what is seen on the balance sheet. If the 80/20 rule works perfectly well for you, especially when you are the one benchmarking the big guys, why bother with unnecessary expenses, eg. visible advertising.

That we don't 'see' IVM's advert doesn't mean they are not doing anything. It only shows they are not conforming to the standard advert format and frequencies we are so used to.
For them to say that they are finding it hard meeting up with supply means that their "underground", targeted adverts are paying off. As long as there is one Innoson car on the road, that is one KIA, one Toyota, one Honda etc. off the road.....and that.......is COMPETITION.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by cocoduck: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
if you want to buy. go ahead and buy, if you don't want to buy then simply walk away. Innoson cars are not pointing glocks at you screaming "BUY ME!" for those who everytime scream safety this safety that, how many accidents have IVM Cars recorded? If you are really concerned, why not ask those who bought the car about the performance.
Do you know that Foxxcon are the manufacturers of both xbox and playstation consoles and foxxcon is in China. The world is a global village now, and this is good for the world economy, it is called out sourcing.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Unemadu: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2014

Whose car is it?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
If it's an SUV! I don't care which logo it carries! grin
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Okeikpu(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
tdayof:
#dont quote me again dude!
grin
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Spot the difference.

Yoruba Hater go and die. This Innoson issue has been giving you sleepless night and anxiety. MIND YOUR EFFING BUSINESS AND LET IGBOS BE!

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
As for me & my household, we will not risk our lives using our hard earn money to buy what will kill us. My BMW X5 is doing just fine but I do have 3 questions to ask.

Question 1: Y did Innoson choose to partner with the Chinese[of all people] instead of the Germans, Russians or even the enemies of progress[Americans] in the manufacturing of its auto line?

Question 2: Since the Igbos are known mainly for trading in substandard goods & products, Is it not also possible that these Innoson Vehicles are also built from sub-standard materials just to maximize profits?

Question 3: Has Innoson Vehicles been made to undergo series of tests by any Government Automotive Regulatory Body e.g [Consumer Products Safety Commission] to ascertain its durability, performance & safety measures, If yes, can we verify the documents here on Nairaland?

Note: Pls don't bash me oooo, na only question I ask. Don't even quote me if you don't have reasonable answers to my questions.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by nzeBiddle(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
RoFL ..clown. Even your moniker sef na helele cheesy
Okeikpu: Guy odikwa ka ina afu ajo uzo grin ewelugom anwuru charisia contact grin anam eche umu Albania ka wetalum another roll.
Re: Your Opinions: Can Innoson Compete With Giants Like Toyota & KIA In Nigeria? by HandOfChukwu: 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
kingphemy: It definite can! But if only we don't trivialize it.

How will I, a Yoruba man foremost before a Nigerian, feel when am driving such cars and our brothers tell me "they" make the car am driving? Am gonna dump it no matter how good it is.
So you would prefer to drive Volkswagen which is a car company that was started by the Nazis during WW2? Or would you prefer to drive a Ford which was made a by a racist white man that funded the Nazis during WW2? Or maybe you want a Japanese car that is made by people that think being dark skinned is a disease and a sign of evil? MUMU

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ferrari's Newly Unveiled £3m FXX-K Evo Hypercar Is Like A Fighter Jet On Wheels / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway / Check Out The 36-inch Hubless Motorbike With A 300hp Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.