Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway (25760 Views)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / How To Avoid Police, V.I.O FRSC Embarrassments / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by soloehis(m): 1:11am On Sep 18, 2021
It is saddened when I read how Nigerian security agents extort and harass motorist on the highway over car registration issues that could be avoided. Do the following you will never be harrassed again.

1. Make sure your car documents are up to date. Eg.
Drivers licence and your car particulars.

2. Be Polite when ever you are been stopped...greet them with smiles on your face when an officer tries to intimidate you try to keep ur cool and stand by your right...don't show any sign of fear. Try as much as possible to be calm.

3. Check the validation of your plate number on FRSC data base. https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/VehicleManagement/VerifyPlateNo . Enter your plate number..it will display the make of your car, color of your car as it is on your paper. If your plate number is valid and yet to be assigned it means your documents was not uploaded...go to any licencing office with your car particulars they will upload it with a token not more than 1k. Depends on your approach.

4. Be sure your particulars are authentic. To be sure Check your vehicle licence here just enter ur plate number it will display the expiry date of ur paper..abuja registration has not been updated on the site..I don't know why is like that..https://verify.autoreg.ng/.

5. After you have confirmed all and an officer still tries to Harrass you..be calm,don't be afraid to follow them to their station. When you get to their station quietly call Inspector General monitoring Unit 08036242591 and lodge your complaint..they will quickly let you off their hook.

Knowledge is power when used wisely..
I Remain
Your humble brother & friend
Solomon Ehiwario

303 Likes 56 Shares

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by FreeIgboho: 1:47am On Sep 18, 2021
Lalasticlala this actually deserves FP.
Very informative

**FTC**

About the vaccines, take 'em if you wish. I'd only present the numbers. See below.
Also, has anyone found out why our covid deaths are so low?

7 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by heykims(m): 2:19am On Sep 18, 2021
Thanks, I just checked for my car, it brought the info of my car and papers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by gly2ken: 2:23am On Sep 18, 2021
soloehis:
It is saddened when I read how Nigerian security agents extort and harass motorist on the highway over car registration issues that could be avoided. Do the following you will never be harrassed again.

2. Be Polite when ever you are been stopped...greet them with smiles on your face when an officer tries to intimidate you try to keep ur cool and stand by your right...don't show any sign of fear. Try as much as possible to be calm.

3. Check the validation of your plate number on FRSC data base. https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/VehicleManagement/VerifyPlateNo . Enter your plate number..it will display the make of your car, color of your car as it is on your paper. If your plate number is valid and yet to be assigned it means your documents was not uploaded...go to any licencing office with your car particulars they will upload it with a token not more than 1k. Depends on your approach.

4. Be sure your particulars are authentic. To be sure Check your vehicle licence here just enter ur plate number it will display the expiry date of ur paper..abuja registration has not been updated on the site..I don't know why is like that..https://verify.autoreg.ng/.

5. After you have confirmed all and an officer still tries to Harrass you..be calm,don't be afraid to follow them to their station. When you get to their station quietly call Inspector General monitoring Unit 08036242591 and lodge your complaint..they will quickly let you off their hook.

I Remain
Solomon Ehiwario
Lalasticlala

nwanne alua, ye meyeke

4 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Osobi32(m): 2:46am On Sep 18, 2021
Wow..... Thank u so much. I just checked my car info and everything is on point.

2 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Bluntguy: 3:13am On Sep 18, 2021
Nice. Also make sure your triangle, fire extinguisher, spare tyre, headlamps, break light and everything is working fine. The Nigerian Police turn themselves to FRSC if they cannot fault you on any of the points as listed by @op.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by NOGRUDGES(m): 3:30am On Sep 18, 2021
Officer Na him be dis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Bombastically00(m): 4:38am On Sep 18, 2021
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Lapinski: 5:01am On Sep 18, 2021
Okay
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by omoyankee3(m): 5:15am On Sep 18, 2021
Good info
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by szczescie(m): 5:15am On Sep 18, 2021
Not entirely fool proof

They'll still ask you for money

28 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by WonderManly(m): 5:15am On Sep 18, 2021
So good...

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by sonnie10: 5:16am On Sep 18, 2021
The only solution is to have enough change.

16 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by naijaguy123456(m): 5:16am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by olu77(m): 5:17am On Sep 18, 2021
That is unavoidable but you can light and throw some loud knockouts about half a mile before you get to their checkpoint and they will vanish before you get there. They will even abandon their vehicle

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by symbuul: 5:17am On Sep 18, 2021
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:18am On Sep 18, 2021
Noce
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Wokenaija: 5:19am On Sep 18, 2021
While you are doing all this also plan to leave this shit hole where driving a car means you are rich.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Olamilekxy(m): 5:20am On Sep 18, 2021
Dem fit plot weed inside your car when they notice you are clean

8 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by dheaven: 5:20am On Sep 18, 2021
Why is Abuja the headquarter not yet on the database?
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:21am On Sep 18, 2021
szczescie:
Not entirely fool proof

They'll still ask you for money

Don't be negative all the time.

Let's pray we don't encounter the police wahala.

But if w do, let's do what the op says.

Later, we can come here and write about the experience.

5 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Image123(m): 5:21am On Sep 18, 2021
By being a passenger not a driver.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by ugodson(m): 5:22am On Sep 18, 2021
Thank you OP, am not a prophet but I know you have saved alot of people who will read this. Thank you on behalf of us here members of nairaland.

13 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Urbanchampion: 5:23am On Sep 18, 2021
This is commendable. However, Police will still find a way around these to extort you. If they found none, they "beg" you.

3 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by tafabaloo(m): 5:24am On Sep 18, 2021
Lols....I hear oooo. Even with all these points mentioned above, naija police go still furk you up if you no gree make them obtain you.

Infact, driving with all ur papers intact and being courteous dey vex some of them.

25 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Kunfu(m): 5:24am On Sep 18, 2021
Good info
soloehis:

I Remain
Solomon Ehiwario
Lalasticlala

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by free2ryhme: 5:27am On Sep 18, 2021
soloehis:

I Remain
Solomon Ehiwario
Lalasticlala

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by Lincoln275(m): 5:32am On Sep 18, 2021
This won’t work when you meet police that D.P.O has been given target .

14 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by fineboynl(m): 5:35am On Sep 18, 2021
What about N50 roger? Which is the most important for commencial vehicle.

It's only private vehicle especially puch cars they ask for papers.
Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by superCleanworks(m): 5:37am On Sep 18, 2021
one thing i like about this topic is it did not mention Nigeria

it did not say How Avoid Nigerian Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How Avoid Police Extortion And Harassment On The Highway by streetzdreamz(m): 5:38am On Sep 18, 2021
Nice info op. Atleast this gives one a 50% chance already......funny thing they do these days after going through ones tinted permit is request for medicals. All in a bid to extort. Being polite works magic as well, rub in that useless ego of theirs, throw in a few jokes with a smile, fake or not. The general idea is getting to ones destination in one piece, it's a lawless Country with no civil rights.

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ferrari's Newly Unveiled £3m FXX-K Evo Hypercar Is Like A Fighter Jet On Wheels / Check Out The 36-inch Hubless Motorbike With A 300hp Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engine / Buying A Used Car? These Tips May Save You Some Heartbreaks!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.