Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,239 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Inside Innoson Auto Factory - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inside Innoson Auto Factory (63511 Views)

Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi (Video) / Inside Innoson Motor Manufacturing Plant Nnewi Nigeria – World’s 1st Black Owned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by osystein(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2014
ghananotnaija: And Nigerians claim Innoson is a car manufacturer? I wouldn't trust them to fix my car, talkless of making it.

Everything in Nigeria is a fraud. Fradulent and useless. SMH.

Ghana can choose to assemble Chinese garbage too, but Ghanaians won't want to drive in a coffin.

I was expecting one of you mo.rons to show up with your usual senseless comments.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Applying for 40% local content logic.. Lets take a case study with one of the cars...

Below are two VERY identical parts.. Apart from the tyres and maybe engine oil, what other part of this car was sourced locally..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1692248_innoson8_jpeg505ac49fdfc72f2e2cfd6fd6e40ebcfc

Innosons Bus

VERSUS

[img][/img]

KINGSTAR NEPTUNE L6... Spot

Haha. You forgot the logo which was designed in Nnewi.

Talking of tyres, there are no local/indigenious tyre manufacturers in Nigeria and engine oils are not part of a car. Maybe they are also counting the petrol in their 40% abi na 70%.

6 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by cockycock: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Don't put "outsourcing" and mediocre INNOSON in the same sentence. You can only outsource something that you own and control. INNOSON imports already made parts. He has no imput in the manufacturing of those parts.
From the bolded word in ur post. I now understand the issue u have with innoson and where u are heading to. No point dragging it with u, just wallow in it. Nigerians and the pull him down syndrome. With the little education he has this man has carved a niche for himself,Federal government,private firms and even commercial transporters are scrambling for these vehicles,with no publicity nor advert. While we the over educated are too calculative, too risk conscious can't even come close to him. We Nigerians should look into how we can assist this man or even do ours.

5 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by lacidi: 10:00am On Sep 10, 2014
Innosson makes the following in Nigeria:
1. Tires. Manufactured at Innosson Tire factory Emene Enugu
2. Seat Belts
3. Batteries. Made by Union Exide Batteries Nnewi. http://www.ibeto.com/main/IBETO-page.asp?P=20
4. Brake pads and Lining.
5. Seats
6. Windshield wipers
7. Windshields
8. Lights
9. All Plastic parts. Made by Innosson plastic industry Emene Enugu

All precision parts (engines, gear boxes, compressors etc.) are imported. The metal body is sourced from China due to lack of local flat sheet production industry in Nigeria. Ajeokuta no dey work. So the car designs are generic, in order to faciliotate sourcing of the body metal sheet from China.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Lilimax(f): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2014
terrimatix: Honestly, that factory is too crude but it's a good start though. Secondly, why are the workers not always on PPE? They all look like roadside mechanics rather than professionals.
So true.
However, authorities concerned with Safety management in Nigeria should give them some compliance directive on the
necessary PPE to use.
I think SON or so has a role to play in this aspect and failing to comply with these rules, should be sanctioned.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by davies123: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2014
Nigerians have never given unconditional support to their products like other countries do

When Kia Motors emerged in Nigeria market Nigerians purchased it till date even though it was a trashy car until very recently that that changed...

But Nigerians kept buying it and supported it
When Techno mobile came to Nigera market it was just platic toys...but guess what?
Nigerians kept purchasing it and now you know what the story is...

With the kind of comment i have read hear i can say,sadly,we are our own agent of backwardness

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ak47mann(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Haha. You forgot the logo which was designed in Nnewi.

Talking of tyres, there are no local/indigenious tyre manufacturers in Nigeria and engine oils are not part of a car. Maybe they are also counting the petrol in their 40% abi na 70%.
not everything deserve reply cool

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Ndi osu imi... We no dey see dem... Igbo mode is ghost mode.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by hotwax: 10:04am On Sep 10, 2014
cockycock:

ohhh, So HP and Apple build IC and chips? Check ur system properties,even ur monitor,webcam down to ur dvd rom wasnt't built by the brand u see. Pls go back to the romance section asap

There is a difference between an IC and a system board.
Even some IC's are made in Israel for Russian electronics.

For the fact that my company builds PIC29013 does not mean I own LG Thermocool AC.

Ask your secondary school brother at home the difference between IC and a mother board.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2014
cockycock:
From the bolded word in ur post. I now understand the issue u have with innoson and where u are heading to. No point dragging it with u, just wallow in it. Nigerians and the pull him down syndrome. With the little education he has this man has carved a niche for himself,Federal government,private firms and even commercial transporters are scrambling for these vehicles,with no publicity nor advert. While we the over educated are too calculative, too risk conscious can't even come close to him. We Nigerians should look into how we can assist this man or even do ours.

Last few months I was so proud of INNOSON I started boasting about him everywhere. I wanted to invest and was doing an internet search to see if the company has shares or bonds I could buy, then a little google research and boom! Facepalm. Why did my brother lie to me?
I hate liars, especially stupiid lies that can be found out easily and don't help anybody? Why not tell us what they really were and ask how to progress from there?

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by samsanyus(m): 10:05am On Sep 10, 2014
It's usually like that for a new brand to penetrate the market. The KIAs and Hyundais where not trusted before just because they're south Koreans. But look now people do buy them.
Same thing happened to the great Toyotas and Hondas because they're different from European made car. So with time, if Innosson can prove its reliability and with encouragement from government, they will penetrate the market.
As long as I enter Keke Napep, made in India, I drive Toyota, made in Japan, I think nothing should stop me from acquiring Innosson Made in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by whitecat007: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2014
You are wrong for saying everything in Nigeria is fraud because, you wouldn't have known if the same Nigerians didn't call the few who are staining us out on it! Apology accepted undecided
ghananotnaija: And Nigerians claim Innoson is a car manufacturer? I wouldn't trust them to fix my car, talkless of making it.

Ghana can choose to assemble Chinese garbage too, but Ghanaians won't want to drive in a coffin.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2014
osystein:

I was expecting one of you mo.rons to show up with your usual senseless comments.

Ignore the Ghanaians..

There Economy is shiit despite redenominating the Cedis 2 times in 50+ years.. grin

Those ugly fucklins still import Indomie from Nigeria.. grin

The Only Ghanaian Bank in the Country is Ghana Commercial bank... The rest are all foreign banks and most of them are Nigerian Banks. grin

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 10, 2014

Shut the f**k up, how dare you compare Ghana with Nigeria. Hunger stricken country, please when Nigerians are arguing stay clear of it.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by hotwax: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2014
lacidi: Innosson make teh following in Nigeria:
2. Seat Belts
3. Batteries. Made by Exide Batteries Nnewi
5. Seats
6. Windshield wipers
7. Windshields
8. Lights

All precision parts (engines, gear boxes, comprerssors etc.) are imported. The metal body is sourced from China due to lack of local flat sheet production industry in Nigeria. Ajeokuta no dey work. So the car designs are generic, in order to faciliotate sourcing of the body metal sheet from China.

You are importing car engine and you said you are a car manufacturer?

There are many plastic Industries in Nigeria. My brother even have one. May be that qualifies my brother as a car manufacturer.

On the Exide Battery. LOL....You shut yourself in the leg. Exide is USA company ....They have distribution outlets in Nigeria and many other countries.

Hahahahhahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ak47mann(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2014
lacidi: Innosson make teh following in Nigeria:
2. Seat Belts
5. Seats
6. Windshield wipers
7. Windshields
8. Lights

All precision parts (engines, gear boxes, comprerssors etc.) are imported. The metal body is sourced from China due to lack of local flat sheet production industry in Nigeria. Ajeokuta no dey work. So the car designs are generic, in order to faciliotate sourcing of the body metal sheet from China.
Nnewi town has been into manufacturing auto parts since 70s, curtis,chikason,ibeto, vinto banex oraukwu, Lewis cater and many more they are so many of them cool

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by cocoduck: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2014
no innoson car points a glock at you shouting BUY ME! BUY ME! so if you no love am abeg just waka pass. he would have been out of business if all Nigerians are reasoning like these mofos
for those who scream safety
do you 1diotz have any data to back up your nonsense claims or is it the usual he is igbo lets run him down.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2014
davies123: Nigerians have never given unconditional support to their products like other countries do

When Kia Motors emerged in Nigeria market Nigerians purchased it till date even though it was a trashy car until very recently that that changed...

But Nigerians kept buying it and supported it
When Techno mobile came to Nigera market it was just platic toys...but guess what?
Nigerians kept purchasing it and now you know what the story is...

With the kind of comment i have read hear i can say,sadly,we are our own agent of backwardness

I was going to buy Innoson car for my sister. But not anymore. A company lying about its products can't be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2014
ak47mann: not everything deserve reply cool

Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by abu12: 10:10am On Sep 10, 2014
nwanna89:

Haba...why is this an issue?

The important thing is that they are creating employment..lets stay positive...

Thank u, but they shld tell nigerians that innoson is a assembly plant and not manufacturing plant just like ASD motors in KD. And they shld try and stop uploading those pix online. He doesn't speak well of the company, those boys look area boys washing cars at least he shld get them uniforms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by shizzleStar: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: As an Igboman, I feel very much insulted by innoson's tactics of calling low quality chinese cars made in Nigeria cars. We Igbos are capable of producing cars much better than these GAC cars. Why can't we do that instead of wallowing in mediocrity?
nwokem you are the one insulting yourself here. Did Honda become what it is today from day one? did Toyota, Mercedes, Volkswagen, BMW, Peugeot, all become what they are today from their first day of existence? how old is innoson in the business of car manufacturing compared to those others. All those companies were also mediocres at inception.

You are a proud igbo man aren't you? you can take the lead in producing cars better than those GAC cars and make us proud, it isn't that difficult

4 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Okijajuju1(m): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2014
lacidi: Innosson makes the following in Nigeria:
2. Seat Belts
5. Seats
6. Windshield wipers
7. Windshields
8. Lights

All precision parts (engines, gear boxes, compressors etc.) are imported. The metal body is sourced from China due to lack of local flat sheet production industry in Nigeria. Ajeokuta no dey work. So the car designs are generic, in order to faciliotate sourcing of the body metal sheet from China.

Interesting to know.. But sadly, all those put together dont even equate to 10% of the cars.

But I am quite interested in the companies that 'MANUFACTURE' Lights (assuming you are speaking of Headlights and tail lights), Windshields and seatbelts in Nigeria.. undecided

I never knew one existed before reading your post,
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by lacidi: 10:12am On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

You are importing car engine and you said you are a car manufacturer?

There are many plastic Industries in Nigeria. My brother even have one. May be that qualifies my brother as a car manufacturer.

On the Exide Battery. LOL....You shut yourself in the leg. Exide is USA company ....They have distribution outlets in Nigeria and many other countries.

Hahahahhahahaha
I am not here to run down or praise anyone. I live in Nigeria and so I appreciate any little effort anyone is making to create employement and generate legitimate revenue in this difficult country.

Anyway, I made a mistake when I said Exide battery. I meant Union Batteries Nnewi. http://www.ibeto.com/main/IBETO-page.asp?P=20
The batteries are made by Ibeto group.

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Highly commendable.

But they are not adhering to safety standards.

Btw, those guys assembling the cars are they road-side mechanics or what? Overall not worn, some are even shoeless, etc.

The red car on the floor with the bottled water besides it look driven. Tire surface already dirty. Are they refurbishing or ....

Again, commendable.

1 Like

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ak47mann(m): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Ignorance is bliss.
The problem with people like you is that as you jealous IVM the more the company progress and the more you see IVM cars,trucks applying nigerian roads and other african countries,your little change will not make any different if you don't buy IVM keep deceiving yourself8) cool

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by cockycock: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Last few months I was so proud of INNOSON I started boasting about him everywhere. I wanted to invest and was doing an internet search to see if the company has shares or bonds I could buy, then a little google research and boom! Facepalm. Why did my brother lie to me?
I hate liars, especially stupiid lies that can be found out easily and don't help anybody? Why not tell us what they really were and ask how to progress from there?
Look at you, want to buy shares? Educated man. Why not go online and see how u can manufacture matches or better still assemble phosphorus,gelatin and a tiny sticks u can get at ur backyard, at least u will employ 10 people from our unemployed youths.

5 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2014
shizzleStar:
nwokem you are the one insulting yourself here. Did Honda become what it is today from day one? did Toyota, Mercedes, Volkswagen, BMW, Peugeot, all become what they are today from their first day of existence? how old is innoson in the business of car manufacturing compared to those others. All those companies were also mediocres at inception.

You are a proud igbo man aren't you? you can take the lead in producing cars better than those GAC cars and make us proud, it isn't that difficult

Toyota, Mercedes, Volkswagen, BMW, Peugeot did not stick their badges on someone else's cars and call them their own.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ghananotnaija(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2014
terrimatix: Shut the f**k up, how dare you compare Ghana with Nigeria. Hunger stricken country, please when Nigerians are arguing stay clear of it.

Don't tell me what to do. Hunger-stricken? I'm from Ghana not South Sudan. We have electricity all day and don't need Gen.

Nigeria will never be capable of even producing a company like Kia talkless of BMW or Toyota. It's in your mentality. As for Ghana, we will surely get there one day.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by ayodeleakinadew(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2014
At last the creativity and innovations in Nigerians are being utilised on the soil of this nation. Congratulations to the MD and the entire crew of this great company.I can't wait to become one of the owners of this brands. This is very good and commendable!

3 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by lacidi: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Interesting to know.. But sadly, all those put together dont even equate to 10% of the cars.

But I am quite interested in the companies that 'MANUFACTURE' Lights (assuming you are speaking of Headlights and tail lights), Windshields and seatbelts in Nigeria.. undecided

I never knew one existed before reading your post,
PAN was sourcing their seat belts locally as at 1980s, so local manufacture of seat belts is quite old.
Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by cocoduck: 10:17am On Sep 10, 2014
shizzleStar:

I do not see anything mediocre from just small pictures taken from one small angle. all these people here do not even eat three square meals a day but they act like they are rich men. yes rich men way dey live inside gutter.
It is simple as you said. if you don't like it, then go do your own. then if young fit then STFU. abeg no reply those mofos again abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Innoson Auto Factory by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2014
ak47mann: The problem with people like you is that as you jealous IVM the more the company progress and the more you see IVM cars,trucks applying nigerian roads and other african countries,your little change will not make any different if you don't buy IVM keep deceiving yourself8) cool

You mean GAC cars stamped IVM. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Trailer Crashes Into 18-sitter Bus On Lagos-ibadan Exp; No One Survived(Graphic) / Dubai Billionaire’s 15 Year Old Son Gets A N95m Louis Vuitton Ferrari (photos) / Documents Needed When Buying A Used Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.