Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Food For Thought - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Food For Thought (599 Views)

Should We Pity Or Hate Them? A Food For Thought / What Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) Thought Of Black People / What Ali r.a, Hassan and Hussain Thought About the Shia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food For Thought by olorikan(f): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
When I was a kid, Mum liked to make food for dinner & I remember one night in particular when she had made dinner after a long, hard day at work. On that evening, Mum placed a plate of bread, jam and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet, all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smiled at my Mum and asked me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember hearing my Mum apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits." Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your mum had a long hard day at work
today and she's really tired. And besides... A burnt biscuit never hurt anyone but harsh words do!" You know, life is full of imperfect things...and imperfect people. I'm not the best. What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrate each others differences, is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing and lasting relationship. So...please pass me a biscuit. And yes, the burnt one will do just fine! Life is too short to always regrets... Love the people who treat you right and have compassion for the ones who don't. ENJOY LIFE NOW!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Halal Catering Services / Marriage In Islam / 5doctorines Of Islam In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.