Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

What Is Mazaje Missing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Mazaje Missing? (760 Views)

Frosbel And Mazaje Invited For Serious Talk / Questions For Mazaje About The Soul. / Questions For Mazaje, Logicboy, Muskeeto And Other Atheist In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Comparism between Islam and Christianity on aspects of extremism and radicalism can't be balanced untill we bear in mind that Christianity is 500 years older than Islam. Anyone who dig into histroy can't deny that throughout the middle age, Christianity was no moderate or tolerant than Islam. Under the Church, Christians invaded nations, forced conversions, killed apostates, heretics etc. They persecuted non-christians in their domains, treating them as 2nd class citizens. The Clergy ruled with iron fists, enforcing every rule in the Bible and oral traditions(attributed to Jesus and his disciples), penalising defaulters severely. At the same time, the muslims were also preoccupied with similar savage culture, though to a lesser degree.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
Then, via series of liberal and reform movements, Christianity dominated west broke free of the Church 's hedgemony, embraced progressive values as secularism, democracy, tolerance, gender equity as well as science, medicine and technology.

The muslims were about to follow suit on increasing calls for moderate Islamic ideology that conform with human development, civilisation and urbanisation but before anything could materialise, the extremist sect; Salafism backed by the globalists re-emerged, reviving, enforcing and disseminating a radical interpretation of Islam that have become the official definition of Islam among muslims and non-muslims today.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 7:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
George W. Bush was right. Islam has been hijacked by extremists. Though fewer, the extremist have a louder voice and firmer root. Through distortion of Quranic verses already enshrined in the "sacred" Quran exegesis by their historic scholars, oral traditions and biographies fabricated and attributed to the Prophet, the extremists find justification for every heinous act or belief they uphold.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
In recent times, Mazaje has been vocal of his disdain for Islam and concern for increasing extremism in the muslim community. But, regardless of how dire the situation is, Mazaje needs to calm down. I am witness to the fact that a deep disdain or obscession for extremists will only fan the flames and even pull you onto an alternate path of extremism.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Emotion and sentiments won't tackle extremism. The Church would never have collapse if these were the tools of the revolutionaries. The extremists currently wage a war of ideas on the moderates. The extremists are winning and drawing supporters even from the West because the moderates are lacking in ideas. To tackle these Islamist extremists/terrorists adequately, we must be prepared to combat them on their own turf. That is to prove the fallacy of their ideals from within and outside Islam.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
This is what the sola scriptura muslims(informally called "Quranists") have been doing for over 40 years. We are not modernists, apologists or pseudo-moderates as many assume. Rather, we seek to reform mainstream Islam with the Quran. We believe that mainstream Islam is a severely distorted version of the original preached by the Prophet from the Quran.
We uphold the Qur'an, rejecting all extra scriptural sources such as Oral traditions(Hadith & Sunna), words of scholars, clergy etc for Islamic teachings.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
The extremists find us more of a formidable threat than US drones because we refute and debunk their ideologies, promoting democracy, secularism, freedom of beliefs/speech, gender equity using the Qur'anic verses.

That is why they 've been prosecuting/persecuting us, blocking/hacking our websites, banning or Video channels, banning/confiscating our articles and books. But we have never wavered, despite being few and barely have enough resources as the extremists. We may even be suppressed, but our train just got started and for us, it only get better onwards.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
usermane: In recent times, Mazaje has been vocal of his disdain for Islam and concern for increasing extremism in the muslim community. But, regardless of how dire the situation is, Mazaje needs to calm down. I am witness to the fact that a deep disdain or obscession for extremists will only fan the flames and even pull you onto an alternate path of extremism.

True. . .My problem is with some moderate muslims, they refuse to come out and repudiate the extremist, they just sit down and support them tacitly. . Your point is noted though. . .I am not an extremist in any way. . I believe people should live and let live, I know that the way that i put might points across are not always good but then I just speak my mind and say what I see happening around me. . .Muslims should learn to speak up and take action against the extremist against them. . .If muslims in Nigeria can pray for allah to destroy Israel I see no reason why they shouldn't also pray for Allah to destroy ISIS and BH. . .I have never heard muslims praying in mosques for Allah to destroy BH or ISIS but I have heard them pray for Allah to destroy the Jews. . .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
mazaje:

True. . .My problem is with some moderate muslims, they refuse to come out and repudiate the extremist, they just sit down and support them tacitly. . Your point is noted though. . .I am not an extremist in any way. . I believe people should live and let live, I know that the way that i put might points across are not always good but then I just speak my mind and say what I see happening around me. . .Muslims should learn to speak up and take action against the extremist against them. . .If muslims in Nigeria can pray for allah to destroy Israel I see no reason why they shouldn't also pray for Allah to destroy ISIS and BH. . .I have never heard muslims praying in mosques for Allah to destroy BH or ISIS but I have heard them pray for Allah to destroy the Jews. . .
I sent you mail, reply pls.
Re: What Is Mazaje Missing? by usermane(m): 10:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
mazaje:

True. . .My problem is with some moderate muslims, they refuse to come out and repudiate the extremist, they just sit down and support them tacitly. .

I have never heard muslims praying in mosques for Allah to destroy BH or ISIS but I have heard them pray for Allah to destroy the Jews.

You 've been meeting the wrong guys, then. So many passive terrorists masqurade as moderates. You won't get a sincere repudiation of Islamist terrors from them. I have discussed these passive terrorists in the past.
www.nairaland.com/1828224/passive-terrorism-peaceful-violence

Also, being a non-extremist isn't synonymous with being a moderate. There need to be a criterion to determine who is a moderate. In my book, he is secular, open minded and doesn't enforce his beliefs on others. For instance, For instance, there are many muslims who don't aggress but they support the introduction of moral police(Al Hisba) in northern sharia states of Nigeria. Such a person seek to enforce their beliefs on others and this isn't different from what the Islamist militants seek. I believe true muslim moderates are less common than we think.

Get to read moderate muslims interviews on their struggles periodically here;
http://www.clarionproject.org/interviews

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Christians World Wide So Lukewarm And Cant Defend Their Faith/country. / Religion Of Peace Has Killed 7 Women For Refusing Temporary Marriage / Millions Will Attend—will You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.